Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Gann Jerrod posted:

How is this person a major gaming personality.

He says smart things sometimes! I really don't agree with his sense of humor though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Gann Jerrod posted:

How is this person a major gaming personality.

If you've had read the actual review, you'd have noticed it wasn't reviewed by Jim Sterling.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a code for the PSN version and it doesn't work so I agree it's bad

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Jim a sterling is cool imo even though I disagree with him on things.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I call him The Video Game Nazi Man.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think Jim Sterling is good, mostly.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
To turn the discussion away from huge video game youtube guys to even more pointless things, I picked up one of those cool Super Famicom eShop cards that were posted in this thread a while back. The shopkeeper tried to give me some generic, boring, and plain 1000 yen card even when I specifically asked for the badass Super Mario World one. Psh, get real, buddy.

I now have the two best eShop points cards ever made, probably.

Too bad I don't really have anything to actually spend the credit on. (It'll almost certainly go towards future Taiko 3DS3 DLC)

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Wii U version of this game is apparently busted as poo poo so even if you are still interested, maybe hold off for a little while and see if they ever fix it.

Oh good, that's the one I picked.

Don't back video game Kickstarters.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Bought Splatoon in the sale and I'm practically slapping myself for not having bought it sooner. Thanks for steering me towards it people; it's the best. I can't wait to get home and play more of this beautiful game. :allears:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Echophonic posted:

Don't put money on Inafune's hands!

Yeah, been saying that for years. You guys didn't listen.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Instead, give all your money to IGA.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

RichterIX posted:

Instead, give all your money to IGA.

Early impressions of Bloodstained from this year's E3 were really positive. I'm glad Iga gets to keep making Castlevania games while Konami implodes into a pachinko singularity.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Wii U version of this game is apparently busted as poo poo so even if you are still interested, maybe hold off for a little while and see if they ever fix it.

What have you read? I have tried looking it up, but it's just criticisms about the game across all consoles or wrong/not working codes.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

JetpackHowwy posted:

What have you read? I have tried looking it up, but it's just criticisms about the game across all consoles or wrong/not working codes.

The game crashed and hard locked my Wii U after the intro stage.

edit: just tried to start MN9 again after getting the DLC and once I got to the tittle, Now the game tells me that I need to close it to download a update.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 21, 2016

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

JetpackHowwy posted:

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/745117940396130304
https://twitter.com/megaloltaku/status/745135711926378497
https://twitter.com/Loading_Time/status/745144827658936320

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Yikes. I guess I will hold off on dling right away. Thanks for the instant response.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's probably way too late to mention this but Keiji Inafune's wikipedia page has him credited for lots of character designing and producing but precious little in the ways of programming or directing. So uh...I think him "saving Mega Man" might've been overhyped just a bit from the beginning?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Augus posted:

It's probably way too late to mention this but Keiji Inafune's wikipedia page has him credited for lots of character designing and producing but precious little in the ways of programming or directing. So uh...I think him "saving Mega Man" might've been overhyped just a bit from the beginning?
https://twitter.com/pg_kamiya/status/249735186936369153

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He tried to warn us... But we just would not listen

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Apparently he's a pretty lovely businessman.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well he got all those people to pay money for a game that didn't exist so

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/745311041987371008

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

Apparently he's a pretty lovely businessman.

Yeah, people really misuse that tweet, IMO. If Inafume were a good businessman, he'd not have taken the four million dollar budget for "Megaman with the serial numbers filed off" and went for full voice acting, 3D models, and the whole kit and kaboodle. Not to mention plans for an anime, a Western TV series, a movie, a manga, a western comic, and more, part of a whole Mighty No. 9 media empire, all of which is never going to happen. If Inafume were a good businessman, he'd have a slimmed-down MN9 on time and under budget, use the proceeds of it to make the MN9 sequel, and start the MN9 media empire off of the wild success of Beck and co.

Instead, he is making a lovely knockoff Megaman Legends game that's funded by a Chinese company so we can literally call it "a cheap Chinese knockoff Megaman Legends."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

hahaha

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've got $13 and 3 cents on my eshop account, do any of you have recs? I'd prefer something that isn't a jrpg or even an rpg because I've been blazing through smt iv recently. I already have Shovel Knight and Earthbound.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Have you played boxboy

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Constr posted:

I've got $13 and 3 cents on my eshop account, do any of you have recs? I'd prefer something that isn't a jrpg or even an rpg because I've been blazing through smt iv recently. I already have Shovel Knight and Earthbound.

Horse game

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

:drat:

Is there some beef between Sega and Inafune that I don't know about? Or is the Sonic account just relieved when it's not the one at the bottom of the dogpile?

Also how does Sonic the loving Hedgehog have a verified Twitter account, what the hell is that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Context for this if you don't know:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/745160051694800898

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sarchasm posted:

:drat:

Is there some beef between Sega and Inafune that I don't know about? Or is the Sonic account just relieved when it's not the one at the bottom of the dogpile?

Also how does Sonic the loving Hedgehog have a verified Twitter account, what the hell is that.

It's a PR account for SEGA. A volunteer runs it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sarchasm posted:

The Sonic twitter account's been around for a while, it's ran by some PR guy hired by Sega, and it takes jabs at whatever it can make fun of in the gaming world (because Sonic has the attitude) and memes, lots of memes. It occasionally posts actual funny content (like the one above), just not with the same frequency as CEOKazHirai's hilarious antics.

Speaking of:

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 21, 2016

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

The Sonic twitter account's been around for a while, it's ran by some PR guy hired by Sega, and it takes jabs at whatever it can make fun of in the gaming world (because Sonic has the attitude) and memes, lots of memes. It occasionally posts actual funny content (like the one above), just not with the same frequency as CEOKazHirai's hilarious antics.

It's not the "Twitter account" part that bothers me, it's the "verified" part. I know real people who can't get verified on Twitter and here's a blue cartoon hedgehog that somehow makes the cut.

It's like all the folks I know who have lived in Japan for decades without being granted citizenship and yet http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32987622

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

sorry that sonic is more famous than your friends dude

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Breadallelogram posted:

sorry that sonic is more famous than your friends dude

Joke's on you, my friends are less famous than Bubsy.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sarchasm posted:

It's not the "Twitter account" part that bothers me, it's the "verified" part. I know real people who can't get verified on Twitter and here's a blue cartoon hedgehog that somehow makes the cut.

Sonic is real you idiot

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This seems like a good place to put this, an update about Specter Knight mode in Shovel Knight:
http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

and a few other things:
  • We’re working on two new campaigns: Specter Knight and King Knight.
  • Campaigns will not be releasing at the same time. Specter Knight will be released first!
  • No estimated release date for any Update quite yet.
  • Similar to our last update, we’ll probably go overboard too. Hey! Maybe that’s why we’re called Yacht Club Games!
  • New campaigns will come with new Feats and Challenges for the new campaign character!
  • We’re also working on two new modes: Body Swap and Battle Mode!
  • Just like Plague of Shadows releasing with Challenge Mode, we’re planning to release one of these new modes alongside each campaign.
  • Battle Mode is being designed as a single screen, multiple controller, multiplayer mode and is currently not planned to arrive on handheld versions of the game. We’ll be sure to announce if there are any changes on that front.
  • Much like Plague of Shadows, all of the announced upcoming Shovel Knight content will be free on ALL platforms! For disc/cart and digital versions!

I assume Body Swap Mode is the gender swap mode stretch goal.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That sale was awesome, I used the My Nintendo extra discount to pick up Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and Mario & Luigi Paper Jam for basically half price.

I just beat Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, so I picked up Risky's Revenge Director's Cut while it was 50% off. Is there a place that heals you in this game? Seems kinda silly if there isn't...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Sarchasm posted:

It's like all the folks I know who have lived in Japan for decades without being granted citizenship and yet http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32987622

bruh

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electric Phantasm posted:

This seems like a good place to put this, an update about Specter Knight mode in Shovel Knight:
http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/06/the-return-of-specter-knight-and-a-revitalizing-announcement/

and a few other things:
  • We’re working on two new campaigns: Specter Knight and King Knight.
  • Campaigns will not be releasing at the same time. Specter Knight will be released first!
  • No estimated release date for any Update quite yet.
  • Similar to our last update, we’ll probably go overboard too. Hey! Maybe that’s why we’re called Yacht Club Games!
  • New campaigns will come with new Feats and Challenges for the new campaign character!
  • We’re also working on two new modes: Body Swap and Battle Mode!
  • Just like Plague of Shadows releasing with Challenge Mode, we’re planning to release one of these new modes alongside each campaign.
  • Battle Mode is being designed as a single screen, multiple controller, multiplayer mode and is currently not planned to arrive on handheld versions of the game. We’ll be sure to announce if there are any changes on that front.
  • Much like Plague of Shadows, all of the announced upcoming Shovel Knight content will be free on ALL platforms! For disc/cart and digital versions!

I assume Body Swap Mode is the gender swap mode stretch goal.

What a hilarious contrast to MN9. Think I'll pick up the 3DS version now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sarchasm posted:

They should get more famous.