Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Well, after spending all night downloading and installing the game (what is with today's games and their slow as hell downloaders?) I find out I can't play. I click play and then a little window pops up saying Fail: Failed to init security.

Dunno what to do. All I found online was to set the thing to run as administrator, which didn't work (since I already run everything as administrator). Kind of a pain if I payed $30 for a game that won't start.

Edit: Actually, could someone who has a working version of the game make a zip and upload this folder and it's contents? ..\Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na

Things I've read suggest the problem might be in there but I dunno.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

PureRok posted:

Well, after spending all night downloading and installing the game (what is with today's games and their slow as hell downloaders?) I find out I can't play. I click play and then a little window pops up saying Fail: Failed to init security.

Dunno what to do. All I found online was to set the thing to run as administrator, which didn't work (since I already run everything as administrator). Kind of a pain if I payed $30 for a game that won't start.

Edit: Actually, could someone who has a working version of the game make a zip and upload this folder and it's contents? ..\Black Desert Online\bin64\xc\na

Things I've read suggest the problem might be in there but I dunno.

I had this issue and I had to turn off my firewalls to let Xingcode update and after that I turned it back on and had no issues from then on.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Wassbix posted:

I had this issue and I had to turn off my firewalls to let Xingcode update and after that I turned it back on and had no issues from then on.

Even on your router? Because I already of the Windows firewall turned off.

Edit: Tried disabling my router's firewall and that didn't fix the problem.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 18, 2016

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Valkyries seem to have gotten a nice undocumented buff. Heaven's Echo is stacking with the guard 20 DP self buff now.

After playing around with it a bit, Ult: Divine Power seems like it'd be really good for node wars. It's a shame it takes so many skill points. I'd much rather max out infinite mastery first.

Holykittens
Jun 2, 2013
I just came back after a few months of not playing, did they change something? My game used to run fine now it struggles to get 30 FPS even on the lower settings. Its also using so much RAM that it starts to try and page file things.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

DancingShade posted:

I haven't even done any combat since before that last patch hit. All I do is manage my worker network (passive income) and AFK train horses while I play Elite Dangerous.

I don't know how people let themselves burn out on grindy games when there are so many ways to not make it terrible.

I think at the core of BDO is a conflict between its chillness and it's no lifeness. It's a game where you can do NOTHING but catch and breed horses, or play Serendia Wagon Simulator, or literally walk from town to town across nations and talk to NPCs, or fish, but in order to PvP you need to have a bunch of gear that might be hard to come by. If you're chasing those drops, then it's a stressful unrewarding time. If you're chillin' out, it's a super relaxing time.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

PureRok posted:

Even on your router? Because I already of the Windows firewall turned off.

Edit: Tried disabling my router's firewall and that didn't fix the problem.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/92747-failed-to-init-security/&page=2

Try this. Apparently their Xingcode update server is down or something so people cant get the update file. But someone linked in the thread.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Thanks, yea I was working with support and they sent me that and it fixed it! Woo!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

PureRok posted:

Thanks, yea I was working with support and they sent me that and it fixed it! Woo!

Then remember to turn your firewalls back on, fam.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

PureRok posted:

Nice, for starting off join Goontang or something for the buffs. Guilds semi-dead, as actives moved on, but it still has all the guild buffs.

Also, turn on your firewalls back on

edit:

Cynagoon contested Western Guard Camp a Tier 3 node.

War lasted 1 seconds, no one else had built up a fort.

Victory by default

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 19, 2016

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
It was probably good that cynical was uncontested there.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The poo poo talking going on after this first set of node wars, :munch:

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Veritas disbanded?

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Everyone was kicked, yeah. Allegedly they were hacked, but I don't know anything past that.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Leader was hacked, kicked everyone out from the guild, so they dont show up at the rankings anymore since you need at least 20 people. Why the hacker didn't just disband the guild, I dont know. He attempted to delete all his characters also, but he got his account back and stopped the 24h timer.

Not much damage was done other than halve everybody's contribution points.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
If you're looking to just start out in this game, I recommend starting a guild called Veritas.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

That's the thing, Veritas still exists. It's just not showing up on the rankings since those require at least 20 people.

The weird thing to me is that as far as I've heard, none of the GM'S poo poo was deleted or auctioned off (something I would assume a spiteful/targeting hacker would do). Only thing that happened was the entire guild was kicked out and his characters were queued for deletion. He could still log in because I guess his pass wasn't changed. And the node war they has built a tower for was uncontested so they still got the node. It's just weird because for such a big event little actually happened. It's all very sketch to me but also doesn't affect me so whatever.

I'd say node wars were fun but we were uncontested as well, haha. I think there were multiple nodes no one even tried for at all today.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clocks posted:

That's the thing, Veritas still exists. It's just not showing up on the rankings since those require at least 20 people.

The weird thing to me is that as far as I've heard, none of the GM'S poo poo was deleted or auctioned off (something I would assume a spiteful/targeting hacker would do). Only thing that happened was the entire guild was kicked out and his characters were queued for deletion. He could still log in because I guess his pass wasn't changed. And the node war they has built a tower for was uncontested so they still got the node. It's just weird because for such a big event little actually happened. It's all very sketch to me but also doesn't affect me so whatever.

I'd say node wars were fun but we were uncontested as well, haha. I think there were multiple nodes no one even tried for at all today.

Sounds like a good cover story (since it doesn't need any evidence) for cleaning out a guild roster before flipping it for RMT.

I say this because you can now rename guilds too, so you'd never even know who gets it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Looks like the hackers are busy slap-fighting. There was this a few days back

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93983-veritas-hacking-kill-mutant-ogre/

So likely whomever was hacking in their group is busy hate loving the GM for not protecting him

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

flyboi posted:

Looks like the hackers are busy slap-fighting. There was this a few days back

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93983-veritas-hacking-kill-mutant-ogre/

So likely whomever was hacking in their group is busy hate loving the GM for not protecting him

The best part of the whole story was how the Veritas GL was saying he was picking up his baby that was born the night before (when he was hacked), when someone pointed out hospital don't do that, suddenly the baby was born on Thursday

When pointed out he must be a terrible father cause he forgot his daughter's birthday already; he stated that it was because the baby has been ill and he had been up 3+ nights at the hospital.

Then someone posted screen shots of him playing BDO while his supposed baby was being born, which lead to the thread flaming him for either being a liar or a terrible father.

Also, if he was actually hacked by someone malicious, all the gear/gold would have been deleted along with the guild being disbanded. So who knows~~

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, so the "I was hacked" is pretty clearly a transparent excuse to not get his account banned because clearly the Evil Hacker who also changed his daughter's birthday (he probably doesn't have kids) did all those nasty things on his account.

In essence he basically he kicked everyone from his own guild in an attempt to try and cover his own rear end. Smooth :v:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

DancingShade posted:

Ah, so the "I was hacked" is pretty clearly a transparent excuse to not get his account banned because clearly the Evil Hacker who also changed his daughter's birthday (he probably doesn't have kids) did all those nasty things on his account.

In essence he basically he kicked everyone from his own guild in an attempt to try and cover his own rear end. Smooth :v:

Only real reason I can think of is, he knew the T3 node was gonna be uncontested. T3 nodes give around 15-20mil payout directly to guild members/# of members so now he is getting all that money to himself??? But if he was going to do that he could wait for a siege and get like a billion silver.

Either that or he drank way too much the night before , woke up to a mistake and needed a story.

Daum is apparently investigating, and I hope they find some funny rear end logs.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, that thread was hilarious because he either "forgot" his own newborn baby's birthday and was spending the entire time playing BDO or he was just lying (guess which one is more likely). I assume anyone who knows him/is in his TS would know the true story. I mean, what's more is that he was streaming BDO last night and bragging about them still owning a node with one person. Him being hacked doesn't add up because a hacker would be a lot more malicious than queuing his account for deletion (easily reversible) and even then, hacking would most likely have involved him having given his password away for account sharing or downloading a script from one of those BDO hack sites or whatever so it's not like he'd be innocent even if he was hacked.

So it's most likely he just did all this himself, what I don't get is the motives. Attention? Publicity? For the hell of it?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like when people start poking holes in his story from about page 7 onwards.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/94919-gm-of-veritas-account-hacked-guild-disbanded/&page=1

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
No one "hacks" an account, either idiots get them phished away from them, they used some sketchy third party software, or they are lying.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bigbo slamming him down in that thread lol.

I took my baby home no I was playing bdo oh I forgot what day he was born on. What a terrible liar.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Bigbo slamming him down in that thread lol.

I took my baby home no I was playing bdo oh I forgot what day he was born on. What a terrible liar.

As someone who dealt with actual sleepless nights, people trying to use it for whatever reason push my buttons like nothing else.

In other news, zerker is real fun.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Anyone on right now that can invite to the guild? I must have bad luck when it comes to catching Lewtt or anyone, so I'll just throw out an open request for an invite here.

I don't know what's specifically needed, so here's my character's first and last name: Thorfrithr Ardelean

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

PureRok posted:

I must have bad luck when it comes to catching Lewtt or anyone

It's not luck.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I dunno, I catch lewtt every day in mumble

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
Im not on Goontang anymore so lewtt needs to make one of the people there an officer

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Is goontang a good place to chill while I gather and cook and fish and grind and just basically do stuff without any real aims?

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Third World Reggin posted:

I dunno, I catch lewtt every day in mumble

What time, roughly? I've logged on to the mumble a few times for a couple hours at a time and not had a soul join the BDO channel.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

PureRok posted:

What time, roughly? I've logged on to the mumble a few times for a couple hours at a time and not had a soul join the BDO channel.

I think Ioneye was the last officer, and he's left goontang so unless lewtt (who quit the game) make someone in goontang an officer, I don't think anyone can invite.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Wafflz posted:

Is goontang a good place to chill while I gather and cook and fish and grind and just basically do stuff without any real aims?

It's almost like not being in a guild chill. I haven't seen any activity in guild for days.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Deranged M posted:

It's almost like not being in a guild chill. I haven't seen any activity in guild for days.

That is the kind of chill I am at right now but without any guild bonuses.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Wafflz posted:

PureRok posted:

Just join a real guild. You'll get better bonuses and if you decide to do group/guild stuff, it'll be right there. If you insist on being solo, still join a real guild and just filter guild chat to another window. Same experience as Goontang that way, again except with better bonuses.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Yeah, the goon guilds fell apart so your best bet is to join some other guild instead.

Unfortunately that's kind of a lovely thing to tell new people though. This game is already a bit niche and while I think it's a fantastic MMO, it kinda sucks playing by yourself. But there are plenty of guilds out there that are willing to take new or casual players and if that's your playstyle then you can definitely find some like-minded people.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Goontang still hangs around as a 23/100 population guild with about 4-5 regulars that still log in and do whatever. No officers left so I don't think invites are on the cards.

Lewtt hasn't logged in for 9-10 days and once the residual guild funds run out the bonuses will cease to apply. However I think everyone's contracts will expire long before that happens.

Basically by all means play and enjoy BDO but you're probably going to have to make your own way in the world, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
so I just received an email

quote:

GM Moose (Black Desert Online)
Jun 21, 11:30 CEST

Greetings,

My name is GM Moose. I am contacting you with regards to your guild. The guild name you selected has been found in violation of our Terms of Use. Because of this, I have sent you a Guild Name Change Coupon, which you are encouraged to use immediately to reserve a new guild name. Failing to do so will result in action being taken against your guild.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
GM Moose
English Games Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated with current issues. It will answer some of the most common questions and save you having to wait for a response from a Games Master.

You can access the knowledge base by following the link below. https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

You can also follow our social media pages for news and announcements. https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/ https://twitter.com/BDO_news​