Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

morestuff posted:

Who's Emojim

A guy who has had the length of his face made fun of one too many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

A guy who has had the length of his face made fun of one too many times.

lol

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Young Freud posted:

Notice that this is the same photo of Adam Beach that they've been using since the reveal. It's like there's no other photos of him.

Also, there was a big leak about the movie's script that says yeah he bites it along with a few others.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

morestuff posted:

Who's Emojim

I nominate Jim Adkins from Jimmy Eat World.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Basebf555 posted:

I imagine he's getting less per movie than he would have for Independence Day 2, but I'm sure they signed him to a multi-picture deal worth potentially a lot more. At first I was confused as to why he's want to be in a huge blockbuster with an ensemble cast, which kind of goes against his established "formula", but the potential is there down the line for huge pay days.

It's not really an ensemble film. He has more screen time than all the other characters combined and the only real character development/arc except for Harley who has less than half the script pages he does.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"For god"s sake, children."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Alhazred posted:

I think its probably for the best considering that the Norwegian title for Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me became Austin Powers: The Spy Who Ejaculated On Me.

My favourite movie title translation story is The Producers become Springtime For Hitler in Sweden. It was so widely popular that every other Mel Brooks film became Spingtime for ______. Springtime for Space, Springtime for the Sheriff, Springtime for Dracula, Springtime for Hamlet, Springtime for Frankenstein.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Character Posters of Suicide Squad

We're living in a year in which I'm excited for a movie that has both Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman to come out.

What in the gently caress?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

PBS Newshour posted:

Oh god, that would be an impossible one to cast. Like who the hell could play either Yang Wen-li and Reinhard?

I can't think of anyone pretty enough to play Reinhard.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

We're living in a year in which I'm excited for a movie that has both Jai Courtney and Joel Kinnaman to come out.

What in the gently caress?

Hell, I'm hoping this movie succeeds simply because of the diversity of the cast, just so that when a studio or someone like Max Landis argues that "diversity is risky," it'll be something to point to when telling those people to gently caress off forever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's why I was so glad when Guardians of the Galaxy was such a hit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All the stories of Leto's bullshit killed what interest I may have had in the movie myself, which being a modern DC movie, was not much.

Cool that a big summer blockbuster has that diverse cast, though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Hell, I'm hoping this movie succeeds simply because of the diversity of the cast, just so that when a studio or someone like Max Landis argues that "diversity is risky," it'll be something to point to when telling those people to gently caress off forever.

On the chance that it bombs you could still point to the Fast and Furious franchise.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

All the stories of Leto's bullshit killed what interest I may have had in the movie myself, which being a modern DC movie, was not much.

Cool that a big summer blockbuster has that diverse cast, though.

I'm fairly sure at least 95% of that was utter and complete studio spin. Like, if it were true, it would be really unprofessional and people should think twice before hiring Leto again, but somehow I don't think he decided stupid pranks were a form of method acting.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: "Let's keep it Subtle" Edition

Subtle

Subtle

Subtle

Less Subtle

Unsubtle

Oh, for God's sake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm fairly sure at least 95% of that was utter and complete studio spin. Like, if it were true, it would be really unprofessional and people should think twice before hiring Leto again, but somehow I don't think he decided stupid pranks were a form of method acting.

It's fake as hell, but it's not the studio. It's just Leto.

You can see when they ask other actors about it, they've had no loving clue.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is this the laziest teaser poster ever created?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This Jaws poster is pretty great, from Phantom City/Mondo:

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

oldpainless posted:

That's why I was so glad when Guardians of the Galaxy was such a hit

You mean the film with three white men and a black woman painted green as the title roles? Yeah, they oughta give that one a NAACP award or something

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

dreadnought posted:

You mean the film with three white men and a black woman painted green as the title roles? Yeah, they oughta give that one a NAACP award or something

Well, it's two white men, one of which voices a raccoon.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

dreadnought posted:

Vin Diesel's mixed I guess, altho he plays a frickin tree there 2 so uhhhh, no idea what that guy's talking about.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

dreadnought posted:

There's many things wrong with this post. Firstly Zoe Saldana isn't black as most people acknowledge it or as she describes herself. Vin Diesel isn't white as most people acknowledge it nor does he see himself as a white man and lastly one is a raccoon

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
still don't really see how that's a Progress Win when all the nonwhite ppl are covered up via effects. but teh wacky raccoon!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

still don't really see how that's a Progress Win when all the nonwhite ppl are covered up via effects. but teh wacky raccoon!!

So all you care about is how someone looks?

hosed up, man.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Hat Thoughts posted:

Also there are 5 Guardians of the Galaxy and you only listed four. Did you forget David Bautista, the son of Greek and Filipino parents? Shameful.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Guardians isn't exactly a progress win, more like a progress participation prize, but at the same time it's one human in a sea of aliens, and there's no way Disney or Marvel was going to take the risk on making Star Lord Latino or anything when they made that movie. They're just now going "all right, a black protagonist would be good!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My line is the original Power Rangers.

5 people. 2 women, 2 non-whites, 1 transgender.

If you beat that, win.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

feedmyleg posted:

This isn't official right

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Teflon Don posted:

This isn't official right

It looks like it's from some trade show, so it's probably not for public consumption

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Aphrodite posted:

My line is the original Power Rangers.

5 people. 2 women, 2 non-whites, 1 transgender.

If you beat that, win.

Who was trans in the power rangers?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yellow.

The Japanese Yellow Ranger was male, the US one was female, and the US show used the Japanese footage when they morphed. It wasn't an actual story point.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

feedmyleg posted:

They didn't want to distract people from their surprise that it's being made.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Blade Runner 2: Roy's Revenge

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

They didn't want to distract people from their surprise that it's being made.

I still won't believe it until there's a trailer.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Harrison Ford, the guy who hated making Blade Runner, said the script is the best thing he's ever read and signed on immediately. I don't know what to make of that, I surely don't.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Harrison Ford likes money.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm almost afraid to ask since I don't really care for Blade Runner but how is Harrison Ford's character still alive? Was he the only replicant who figured out how to live longer than a couple years?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm just in denial that my favorite movie, which was a notorious box office bomb, is getting a big-budget 35-years-later sequel and all the talent on board is top notch. So despite a sequel being a terrible idea, I'm really trying to keep my expectations realistic. So I'm just assuming that it'll all fall apart at the last minute, or, more likely, be terrible with with amazing visuals and cool concepts ala Tron: Legacy.

e: My guess is that Ford is playing the original Deckard whose memories were transferred into a replicant when he retired, or some such nonsense.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

kiimo posted:

I'm almost afraid to ask since I don't really care for Blade Runner but how is Harrison Ford's character still alive? Was he the only replicant who figured out how to live longer than a couple years?

Man didn't you hear the voiceover at the end, it's a solved problem!

:twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I thought Ford said gently caress movies I'm going to make fancy cabinets now?