Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Unmature posted:

Have other writers kept up Fraction's interpretation of Hawkeye? Has anyone done a good job of it?

I read the first couple issues of Lemire's followup, but didn't keep up with it. Is it good?
New Avengers has, and it's really good. He's just constantly bumblefucking around, making bad decisions, getting made fun of because he's old and/or Kate is better, and then being awesome and shooting arrows into motherfuckers way out of his weight class like it ain't no thang.

New Avengers is awesome in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

New Avengers has, and it's really good. He's just constantly bumblefucking around, making bad decisions, getting made fun of because he's old and/or Kate is better, and then being awesome and shooting arrows into motherfuckers way out of his weight class like it ain't no thang.

The Daily Show bit from the Pleasant Hill tie-in is probably my favourite moment of the book thus far.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I liked All-New Hawkeye.
I was sad to see it so short.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gaz-L posted:

The Daily Show bit from the Pleasant Hill tie-in is probably my favourite moment of the book thus far.
The captions are the best part and I'll brook no argument on this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Unmature posted:

Have other writers kept up Fraction's interpretation of Hawkeye? Has anyone done a good job of it?

I read the first couple issues of Lemire's followup, but didn't keep up with it. Is it good?

Duggan's Hawkeye vs. Deadpool does a good job.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

The captions are the best part and I'll brook no argument on this.

...OK, the Moment of Zen may be 2nd to Nigh Invulnerable When He's Blastin'.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

This is the 2015 New Avengers, right? There are like four books called that, and two since Fraction's Hawkguy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

...OK, the Moment of Zen may be 2nd to Nigh Invulnerable When He's Blastin'.
Or the entire issue that's alternative meanings for the W.H.I.S.P.E.R. acronym, or Squirrel Girl's URL powers, or "Thunderbolt Ross thinks he's kind of heavy-handed", or how Tippy-Toe also has squirrel powers because she's a literal squirrel, or...

Unmature posted:

This is the 2015 New Avengers, right? There are like four books called that, and two since Fraction's Hawkguy.
Yeah, the latest incarnation. It's great.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

But UU Frank isn't all that different?

I meant that the idea that marvel replaced Frank with the ultimate version without saying anything about it and that this was somehow magically gleaned from a whopping two issues that have not mentioned anything about this is dumb. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I didn't mean to imply ya did!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

CapnAndy posted:

Or the entire issue that's alternative meanings for the W.H.I.S.P.E.R. acronym, or Squirrel Girl's URL powers, or "Thunderbolt Ross thinks he's kind of heavy-handed", or how Tippy-Toe also has squirrel powers because she's a literal squirrel, or...

What issue is that, I don't remember at all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CharlestheHammer posted:

I didn't mean to imply ya did!

Oh okay, well then just ignore that then :ohdear:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

What issue is that, I don't remember at all.
#7.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Teenage Fansub posted:

I liked All-New Hawkeye.
I was sad to see it so short.

It was half as long as Fraction's run, it just all came out on time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wait, did all new Hawkeye get canceled?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Like two months ago. I know Hawkeye fans are used to going that long without books, but this writer/artist didn't have that problem.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Lemire finished what he had to say and the current method at Marvel is to end a book at that point. The same thing is happening to Howard the Duck with #11. Currently it is rumored that a new Hawkeye series will launch in the fall and it will be a solo Kate Bishop series.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

That sounds fuckin sweet as hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Let's wait to see a creative team before we get excited. It could end up being a nightmare scenario like Ales Kot and Greg Land.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like to see Kate get her own book or at least gave bigger supporting roles elsewhere, she's a cool character.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Reminder that Disney bought both Marvel and Star Wars to, among other things, build up their range of "boy" brands.

Apparently right before both brands discovered that women have money and like cool poo poo.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Squizzle posted:

Reminder that Disney bought both Marvel and Star Wars to, among other things, build up their range of "boy" brands.

Apparently right before both brands discovered that women have money and like cool poo poo.
In fairness that was actually a problem Disney had, since they were raking in cash on the Princesses and Fairies lines and then realized they had absolutely no equivalents for boys.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

In fairness that was actually a problem Disney had, since they were raking in cash on the Princesses and Fairies lines and then realized they had absolutely no equivalents for boys.

They could've brought back Gargoyles. :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gaz-L posted:

Is Keith David available?

I know most of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager probably aren't up to too much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Phylodox posted:

I know most of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager probably aren't up to too much.

Better question would be is Keith David ever not available. He'll be in anything.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I dunno, ever since he became Vice President I can't imagine he has all that much free time.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gaz-L posted:

Now that Disney owns Star Wars they're not motivated to curate the Star Trek Retirement Fund.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Better question would be is Keith David ever not available. He'll be in anything.

You got Keith David and Tony Todd mixed up you racist.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Phylodox posted:

I remember years ago listening to an interview with a random TNG cast member, I think Lavar Burton, who mentioned that surprisingly the richest person on the cast was Michael Dorn, because he got in on the ground floor of Fuddruckers when it was first starting up, and for whatever reason that cracked me the hell up. Dude spends all his spare time now collecting and flying airplanes, because why not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Michael Dorn is always a pleasant voice acting surprise. He's pretty much only got one voice, but it's a good one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

You got Keith David and Tony Todd mixed up you racist.

No I didn't. Though, he'll be in anything as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Michael Dorn is always a pleasant voice acting surprise. He's pretty much only got one voice, but it's a good one.

He sounds like he gargled with a cup of glass shards.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Lemire finished what he had to say and the current method at Marvel is to end a book at that point. The same thing is happening to Howard the Duck with #11. Currently it is rumored that a new Hawkeye series will launch in the fall and it will be a solo Kate Bishop series.

Could Bendis kill Hawkeye again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobkatt013 posted:

Could Bendis kill Hawkeye again?

If you're talking Clint, and I wouldn't be happy, but I'd accept it. If you're talking Kate I'll loving fight you, and cheat.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

If you're talking Clint, and I wouldn't be happy, but I'd accept it. If you're talking Kate I'll loving fight you, and cheat.

I was basing that on the rumor of Kate getting her own title.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Clint dying reduces the chance of someone trying to make him and Kate a couple at some point in the future so I am all for it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I think when a character has a run as monumentally beloved as Fraction's Hawkeye, you have to let that character lay fallow for a while before they can have another solo book that won't instantly be dismissed as "Not as good as the last one". Let Clint run around in New Avengers for a few years and let Kate have a solo title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I think when a character has a run as monumentally beloved as Fraction's Hawkeye, you have to let that character lay fallow for a while before they can have another solo book that won't instantly be dismissed as "Not as good as the last one". Let Clint run around in New Avengers for a few years and let Kate have a solo title.

Except they jumped into Lemire's Hawkeye run before the final issue of Fraction's even shipped.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Rhyno posted:

Except they jumped into Lemire's Hawkeye run before the final issue of Fraction's even shipped.

Yeah, I know, and I think that was a mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

JoshTheStampede posted:

Or you can step the gently caress up like Brubaker coming in on Daredevil after Bendis.