Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Chaka Fattah was convicted on his racketeering and corruption charges

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

lol he was able to restrain himself on twitter for just over 24 hours before going off script again. Amazing

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
http://gothamist.com/2016/06/20/trump_rape_lawsuit.php

So, uhm, Trump pulled a Bill O'Riley in 1994, possibly.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This is the sort of thing that happens when someone who hasn't actually run for office runs for high profile office.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

sad because here's the same joke except not racist:

https://twitter.com/Mr_Electrico/status/745107765031473152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Trump's not smart enough to attempt to bring up Whitewater, apparently
He did a few weeks ago, but nobody cares about Whitewater after 20+ years.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Prester Jane posted:

The thing about those polls is that they presume a competent GOTV effort from both parties, where is one party is going to have an unusually competent GOTV and the other party is going to have none whatsoever.

I'm calling it now: Trump will underperform the polls on Election Day if he is still the candidate.

Fake Edit: let me ammendment the above and change "Trump" to "the Republican nominee" because GOTV efforts are extremely complicated and take a while to spin up, and even if the GOP nominee had 500 million sitting in the bank there would be no way to build a competent organization in time for November.

Are there any tiny radar blips from B-Rock's GOTV machine?

He kept it in intact this time so there shouldn't be this slow start like back in the early parts of 2012.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

He did a few weeks ago, but nobody cares about Whitewater after 20+ years.

Actually, his speech tomorrow will be pure Whitewater. It never ended.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

PhazonLink posted:

Are there any tiny radar blips from B-Rock's GOTV machine?

He kept it in intact this time so there shouldn't be this slow start like back in the early parts of 2012.

IIRC it's being spun up to merge with the one Hillary has and they form Voltron GOTV at the convention when it's official.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

A Winner is Jew posted:

IIRC it's being spun up to merge with the one Hillary has and they form Voltron GOTV at the convention when it's official.

I think of it as the megazord. Bernie will be the pterodactyl zord.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So that Russian hacker that Maniford almost certainly hired released Clinton's DNC "vulnerabilities" list. Turns out it's easier to pay a hacker to get the oppo that the other side already made for you.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Actually, his speech tomorrow will be pure Whitewater. It never ended.

As a drat dirty Millennial I was never actually clear on what Whitewater was all about before googling it recently. What a boring scandal. I mean I'm sure it wasn't boring to live through, but on paper it's boring. Much less fun than the Vince Foster stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Goatman Sacks posted:

So that Russian hacker that Maniford almost certainly hired released Clinton's DNC "vulnerabilities" list. Turns out it's easier to pay a hacker to get the oppo that the other side already made for you.

Which is amusing because it also gave Hillary's totally non affiliated PACs their entire gameplan and talking points.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

As a drat dirty Millennial I was never actually clear on what Whitewater was all about before googling it recently. What a boring scandal. I mean I'm sure it wasn't boring to live through, but on paper it's boring. Much less fun than the Vince Foster stuff.

Check out the cattle futures scandal if you really wanna be bored.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Goatman Sacks posted:

So that Russian hacker that Maniford almost certainly hired

was there evidence for this or is it just speculation? genuinely curious

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

showbiz_liz posted:

Well, there's Whitewater, and there's "Whitewater." The actual Whitewater scandal was nothing, but it spawned an entire industry of "investigating" (making up stupid poo poo about) the Clintons that has never stopped.

The stuff in the latest anti-Hillary books is the same poo poo that's been flung around constantly for the last 25 years. It's back to the future all over again!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

Well, say what you will about the current WWE, but McMahon is a hell of an entertainer.

That might be my all time favorite word filter. Yes, even over Ted Cruz.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

She's picking Tim Kaine isn't she.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Crain posted:

I always figured that the fundraising calls were left to campaign staff anyway. But I suppose if these are the biggest of the big fish they really do expect/deserve a direct call from the candidate him/herself.

Fundraising calls are basically half of what a candidate does. Donors aren't going to open their check books easily for someone calling on behalf of the candidate, they want to hear the candidate have a nice two minute conversation with them, talk about their issues, and then maybe they'll write a check. Anyone running for office from state legislator to Governor to Senator spends a ton of time talking to donors and asking for cash. Lower down the ticket, candidates make all the fundraising calls for like $50-100 and up. At the Presidential level you have staffers who make the small-ball asks for you, so you're only really calling to ask for checks of a couple grand.

Crain posted:

Side thought though: how do you think the 22 donors who didn't get a call feel right now?

I doubt they know for sure. It's probably not like they were expecting the call.

Warcabbit posted:

http://gothamist.com/2016/06/20/trump_rape_lawsuit.php

So, uhm, Trump pulled a Bill O'Riley in 1994, possibly.

The amazing thing about this is that "Bill Clinton rode on a jet with Jeff Epstein a couple times" is a big part of the attempts at reigniting Clinton sex scandals. Those allegations (which again, are just "knew a guy who turned out to be a pervert") kinda dead in the water if Trump was at Epstein's parties (regardless of the merits of this particular accusation).

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

zoux posted:

Check out the cattle futures scandal if you really wanna be bored.

I never knew Clinton gambled with cattle futures in the 70s. If anything that makes her cooler in my eyes.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Keep being classy, Alabama.

https://assets.goodstatic.com/s3/magazine/assets/558616/original/Homework.jpg=s1300x1600

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Antti posted:

I never knew Clinton gambled with cattle futures in the 70s. If anything that makes her cooler in my eyes.

These were the kinds of things people thought were good political attacks in the pre-Trump era.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Probably :sigh:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Kaine or Castro IMO.

Warren would be replaced by a republican in the senate which would be bad if she's trying to flip that (and she is) while Kaine's replacement would be chosen by McAuliffe and Castro would just be leaving a cabinet position.

Kaine is the boring white guy that will be drafted to a dead end position while Castro would more than likely energize Hispanics to her and not just against Trump and it might possibly prime him for a run in 2024 and really gently caress over republicans.

My vote goes to whatever fucks over republicans more since she's fueled by spite.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I honestly don't think so.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I would be very surprised if it wasn't Castro. It's the perfect optics choice.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zophar posted:

but is it the safe choice? She has the minority vote locked up; they aren't going to Trump even if he pulls a crazy 180 and backs reparations and open border policies. She could try and swing some more moderate Republicans with a safe white male choice. And honestly, I don't blame her for taking the safe route when the alternative is President loving Trump. I just think she's got this and might as well go for broke and groom her successor (Tim Kaine ain't it).

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Zophar posted:

:agreed:

But McAuliffe has been super loyal so I wouldn't rule out her throwing him Kaine's replacement, which might be himself with how the VA governors job is limited to 1 term.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
She's going to pick Jeb.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Castro seems slightly underqualified, but I guess Clinton is nothing if not OVERqualified so maybe that's fine. But if we're talkin' token Hispanics, why not this Xavier Becerra guy whose name's been getting tossed around?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Zophar posted:

The more I think about Castro, the less I think it will be him. Outside of a kind of low-profile cabinet job, he doesn't have a lot of experience. The mayor of San Antonio is more or less symbolic.

I think it's going to be Warren, Perez or Kaine -- in that order.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

GalacticAcid posted:

She's going to pick Jeb.

Oh god that would be loving magical. Trump's head would loving explode.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
clinton/carter dream ticket imho

there's nothing in the constitution that says a one-term president can't be vice president!!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Oracle posted:

but is it the safe choice? She has the minority vote locked up; they aren't going to Trump even if he pulls a crazy 180 and backs reparations and open border policies.

Taking minorities for granted isn't really great optics either

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObvnI_U1qU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Becerra would be the best choice if she wants to groom a successor imo, but from that article it looks like it's just between Castro, Warren, and Kaine.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Trump has released a list of names of all of the advisors on his "Evangelical Executive Advisory Board."

Politico thought it would be good journalism to lead off the story by announcing that Michelle Bachman is leading all of the members of the board.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-evangelical-advisory-board-224612

...alphabetically.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
^ Reminder, Bachman is crazy and hid in the bushes to spy on a pro-LGBT rally.

Two Joke reasons for Castro, he's a twin so twin hi-jinx with the Secret Service and backup for the backup.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 21, 2016

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Becerra would be the best choice if she wants to groom a successor imo, but from that article it looks like it's just between Castro, Warren, and Kaine.

The articles I've seen all seem to say "the shortlist includes Castro, Warren, and Kaine," which is ambiguous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Antti posted:

She also murdered Vince Foster and is actually in a lesbian relationship with Huma Abedin, a known terrorist supporter.

The right-wing conspiracy rabbit hole goes very deep.

e: LMAO that word filter

• Locked thread