Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I don't really getTest Track. .

While it's not a super intense ride, the inside/outside aspect of it is kinda neat, and it does end up feeling like you're going pretty fast. There was no line whatsoever when we went though and we just walked through and straight on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If it makes you feel better when Soaring was down Living with the Land had a literal 60 minute wait when I last went :3

We skipped it because of it though :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
We always do Land, and took my mother in law and grandmother in law on the Behind the Seeds tour for mother's day. It's a cheap and awesome experience, especially if you like the ride. We learned that the hottest pepper in the world (Caroina Reaper) was made about an hour from our home town :)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

We always do Land, and took my mother in law and grandmother in law on the Behind the Seeds tour for mother's day. It's a cheap and awesome experience, especially if you like the ride. We learned that the hottest pepper in the world (Caroina Reaper) was made about an hour from our home town :)

And Epcot has a few dozen plants of them growing on property just in case they need them!

Exactly what do they get used for at Disney? Are they in any food products or do they get sold to other companies for a profit?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I doubt they are used considering most things that are marked as "spicy" on disney menus tend to be extremely mild for my southern palate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

couldcareless posted:

I doubt they are used considering most things that are marked as "spicy" on disney menus tend to be extremely mild for my southern palate.

I remember having the ghost pepper tilapia from the Food & Wine Fest last year, and it tasted milder than Tabasco sauce. I think it really was mild by any standard.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
does turtle talk count as a ride? cuz turtle talk, followed by the three caballeros boat ride. living with the land is good too.

Lloyddy
Sep 27, 2000

The Sum of All Thrills is also good fun at Epcot, although I hear it's closing/has closed?

Spaceship Earth and to a lesser extent Universe of Energy are good just to see what "old" EPCOT was like, before they dropped the educational aspect of the park.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Lloyddy posted:

The Sum of All Thrills is also good fun at Epcot, although I hear it's closing/has closed?

Spaceship Earth and to a lesser extent Universe of Energy are good just to see what "old" EPCOT was like, before they dropped the educational aspect of the park.

I think WDW NT reported that SoAT is losing its corporate sponsorship. Whether that results in it closing is anyone's guess. It feels like letting Innoventions become that much emptier would be a bad idea, but who knows.

In the final stretch before i hit my 60 days out! Am I correct that Anna & Elsa at Sommerhaus is not offering FP+? If someone told you 3 years ago that some new attractions in Norway would be greatly impacting seeing MK and Epcot, would you have believed them?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Lloyddy posted:

Earworm and Naptime remain must-rides for me, no matter how unthrilling they are. If I wanted thrill rides, I wouldn't be at Epcot. Epcot is about museum-lite dark rides, tasty food, and keeping my wife's princess-spotting schedule on-track.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Boxman posted:

I think WDW NT reported that SoAT is losing its corporate sponsorship. Whether that results in it closing is anyone's guess. It feels like letting Innoventions become that much emptier would be a bad idea, but who knows.

In the final stretch before i hit my 60 days out! Am I correct that Anna & Elsa at Sommerhaus is not offering FP+? If someone told you 3 years ago that some new attractions in Norway would be greatly impacting seeing MK and Epcot, would you have believed them?

No FP for Anna & Elsa at this time.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Abu Dave posted:

P sure you all are just senile and i'll excuse you all for forgetting that Living with the Land is best ride

That's another ride that's way better than Soarin.

Dren posted:

does turtle talk count as a ride? cuz turtle talk, followed by the three caballeros boat ride. living with the land is good too.

That one too. There was an opinionated little girl who argued with the turtle that he was a turtle so he couldnt talk so why was he asking her questions so he must not be a real turtle after all. Owned.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

2017 WDW package pricing is available today. Happy to help any goons get to Disney, so PM me for quotes! :D

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
Frozen is good, but it feels like Little Mermaid in the sense that there's no real story. The animatronics and figures though are awesome. The line queue is neat but clearly not big enough. Overall fun, but the wait right now is killer.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does it look as cheesy as Little Mermaid

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005
No- The animatronics are better and it's not an omnimover. My least favorite thing about Mermaid is you can see the other guests very clearly going around.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Anyone else unable to book a 2017 package through the website? I keep getting "An error occurred while processing your order. Please try again later or contact us if the problem continues."

Edit: nevermind, it went through. January 2017 needs to hurry up and get here

Omne fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 21, 2016

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Abu Dave posted:

P sure you all are just senile and i'll excuse you all for forgetting that Living with the Land is best ride

I'm still pretty mad they started charging for the Behind the Seeds tour. It's cool and worth it though. Disney has a pretty legit hydroponic setup in there.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

2017 WDW package pricing is available today. Happy to help any goons get to Disney, so PM me for quotes! :D

As you wish!

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

Braksgirl posted:

Do you have anything for WDW marathon weekend 2017? I thought I'd ask here before going into any detail as my plans for it are far from confirmed.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

lloyol posted:

Do you have anything for WDW marathon weekend 2017? I thought I'd ask here before going into any detail as my plans for it are far from confirmed.

Looks like there's plenty availability for that weekend but I'd at least put down a deposit somewhere until your plans are firm. It does fill up FAST.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Just booked for Spring Break 2017! Only 290 days away!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

lloyol posted:

I just booked for that weekend, seems like decent availability now so I'd follow Braks' advice

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
What's the capacity on the new frozen ride? It cant be very high

The Olaf AA in the first scene looks amazing from the videos I've seen

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Watched a ride video. Yep, they just left the original Maelstrom track in place and rethemed everything around it. The animatronics are scary realistic on video, though. Combine that with the new King Kong and I think we've finally hit the point where animatronics are terrifyingly good.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I have to imagine people ask questions about "when to go" pretty frequently, and I'm guessing it's been covered, but I've been checking out some pages and not seeing much. After doing some research outside of here, my wife and I booked a trip to Disney for 11/30-12/7. It SEEMS like early December is actually a pretty decent time to go, but after consulting the amazing OP, mid-January may be even better (shorter wait times) and cheaper. I trust the folks in this thread a lot more than X website about Disney, is there a consensus here or some kind of calendar about times to go? Again, I've seen what's out there, but do you all have a take on it? We want to do 4 days for WDW and 2 for Universal and Islands so we can hit Potter as well. We've got reservations already but If mid-January is truly the best time, bar-none, we may switch it up.

Edit; Braksgirl, if I do end up changing, I'd be happy to talk to you about booking through your service.

Chili fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 22, 2016

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Late November/Early December is perfectly fine to go. Though it might be slightly more pricey and only slightly more crowded than around January, you get the benefit of Christmas decorations being up in the park and in addition, they are typically doing major maintenance on rides in the January time period and you could miss out on a ride or 2 as a result.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

couldcareless posted:

Late November/Early December is perfectly fine to go. Though it might be slightly more pricey and only slightly more crowded than around January, you get the benefit of Christmas decorations being up in the park and in addition, they are typically doing major maintenance on rides in the January time period and you could miss out on a ride or 2 as a result.

Thanks! Good to know, sounds like a pretty fair trade-off.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Chili posted:

After doing some research outside of here, my wife and I booked a trip to Disney for 11/30-12/7.

That is absolutely the best time to go. We used to visit each year around the 5th of Dec for my wife's birthday and we loved it.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Check out the touringplans.com crowd calendars to see estimated levels on the days you're going. I'd expect it to be a pretty sweet spot. Make sure to see the Christmas party in the Magic Kingdom.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Chili posted:

I have to imagine people ask questions about "when to go" pretty frequently, and I'm guessing it's been covered, but I've been checking out some pages and not seeing much. After doing some research outside of here, my wife and I booked a trip to Disney for 11/30-12/7. It SEEMS like early December is actually a pretty decent time to go, but after consulting the amazing OP, mid-January may be even better (shorter wait times) and cheaper. I trust the folks in this thread a lot more than X website about Disney, is there a consensus here or some kind of calendar about times to go? Again, I've seen what's out there, but do you all have a take on it? We want to do 4 days for WDW and 2 for Universal and Islands so we can hit Potter as well. We've got reservations already but If mid-January is truly the best time, bar-none, we may switch it up.

Edit; Braksgirl, if I do end up changing, I'd be happy to talk to you about booking through your service.

Like everyone else has said, late Nov/early Dec is great.

If it hasn't yet been 30 days since you booked and you haven't paid your trip off in full yet, you could transfer the booking to me and I can help you. If you don't want to, that's completely fine too. Just wanted to offer in case you decide you want my help. :)

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Braksgirl posted:

Like everyone else has said, late Nov/early Dec is great.

If it hasn't yet been 30 days since you booked and you haven't paid your trip off in full yet, you could transfer the booking to me and I can help you. If you don't want to, that's completely fine too. Just wanted to offer in case you decide you want my help. :)

I'll pm you soon.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Dining plans have removed dessert with a quick service credit, but they are giving an extra snack credit a day to make up for it. That's a win all around if you ask me.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

couldcareless posted:

Dining plans have removed dessert with a quick service credit, but they are giving an extra snack credit a day to make up for it. That's a win all around if you ask me.

couldcareless posted:

Is there more info about this?

And yeah, 9 times out of 10 the desert was either:

A: poo poo
B: Excessive
C: Traded in for a drink credit

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

So my parents are coming in November with me, but they are probably staying at a Disney Springs Resort, or might combine it with a few days at CB. They have like four days on a paper park hopper ticket from 2009 that doesn't expire so that's what they'll be using. Is there a way for me to get them all setup online with this so I can book their fastpasses with mine?

Second question, how many days out can I book a fastpass as an annual passholder? Thanks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, the dining plan change doesn't really do anything but give you more options and freedom. More food during Food & Wine/Flower & Garden Festival too. Pretty sweet.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

So my parents are coming in November with me, but they are probably staying at a Disney Springs Resort, or might combine it with a few days at CB. They have like four days on a paper park hopper ticket from 2009 that doesn't expire so that's what they'll be using. Is there a way for me to get them all setup online with this so I can book their fastpasses with mine?

Second question, how many days out can I book a fastpass as an annual passholder? Thanks

I don't think you can if it doesn't have a number unless you are in the area and can redeem them.

30 days for the second question, I believe.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Yeah, the dining plan has never seemed like a good value to me, but since I'm going during Flower and Garden, all of those snack credits look pretty good!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its perfect for me becuase i'm a worry worrier and this way i dont have to really worry about money while away on vacation. you certainly get your moneys worth imho in food amounts though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Dining plans are awesome when you get them for free from promotions.