Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

El Burbo posted:

Read ONE imo

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guy A. Person posted:

is not the same as "this will explicitly not happen in the next 100 chapters" lmao

When has anyone said that?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RatHat posted:

When has anyone said that?

never, thankfully

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Dreggon posted:

i cant wait to see saitama punch the bad guy and win with only one punch

This, but ironically.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Anything that is not Saitama hitting something is filler.

And it's great!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Because future events are already set, therefore no characters can meaningfully grow or the world be meaningfully impacted because we know that in a future arc the characters and setting will look exactly like it did at the start of the "filler" arc. When you're writing a linear story anything added in the middle afterwards without changing later parts is by definition inconsequential because we have evidence of the lack of consequences it has.

fuckin' filler, man. glad I don't have that problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY&t=271s

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I'll read that cooking manga by Murata. No interest in going back to ES21. It feels like both the Murata and ONE versions of OPM ran out of steam

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE's version does feel less frequent as well but it's always been his hobby project so it's a different kettle of fish.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Despite weaker pacing, One Man Super Hero is still my favourite comic.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Probably the best way to do a OPM game, honestly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Relin posted:

I'll read that cooking manga by Murata. No interest in going back to ES21. It feels like both the Murata and ONE versions of OPM ran out of steam

You should finish Eyeshield 21 because it's good.

Unless you stopped at the world cup arc. In which case you can probably just read the epilogue.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mangaka Yashoku Benkyuusho ("Manga Artist's Late-Night Snack Laboratory")

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Unless you stopped at the world cup arc. In which case you can probably just read the epilogue.

Yeah, everything up to the end of the Teikoku arc is fantastic. It's seriously one of my favorite shonen manga ever. The world cup felt like a bunch of wheel spinning, but whatever.

Please read Eyeshield 21.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder how in depth and long this new Murata project is going to be. He seems like he has his hands full with OPM so I'm really surprised he took it on.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't even remember where I left off on eyeshield 21. I think they were either still in or just finished with the America arc.

Or maybe it was when they faced that super science school? I don't remember if that came before or after or during the America arc...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Crain posted:

I don't even remember where I left off on eyeshield 21. I think they were either still in or just finished with the America arc.

Or maybe it was when they faced that super science school? I don't remember if that came before or after or during the America arc...

You basically stopped right at the point where it goes from good to great. Everybody on the team gets their own football superpowers. Please return to it.

Or at least skip forward to the tournament arc. You'll miss a few good matches, but basically every superpower team built up so far gets resolved really well during the tournament.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crain posted:

The Devil March is where i think the series hit its stride and becomes really drat good. There's like two minor matches when they get back from America but then once they fight the Poseidon's there's like an uninterrupted string of 8 or so amazing matches and it's fantastic.

Everyone should at least get up to the Naga's match and the Oujou rematch because they have some of the best moments i've ever read in manga in general.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I love how the Dinosaur team straight up has the hulk as part of the crew.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Despite weaker pacing, One Man Super Hero is still my favourite comic.

But he trips.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
From the cosplay thread

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crain posted:

I seem to have stopped in the middle of the Oujou rematch.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I seem to have stopped in the middle of the Oujou rematch.

But that's the Best Match!!!!!!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite match is probably the one against the Dinosaur school because it has Gaou and also because Hiruma is legit in danger.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Dinosaur game is also pretty good but I like the Oujou rematch more because half of Oujou's team and even the coach had gotten pretty good focus throughout the entire manga and it's a culmination of a bunch of character arcs and it rules. Only Gaou and Marco are really interesting on the Dinosaur's team. Though I like Marco a lot because even though he's pretty much an evil football playing mobster he's the only person in the entire series to be as completely terrified of Sena and Hiruma. Which is a nice change of pace.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

when in doubt, reread king chapters (37 onwards)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Dinosaur game is also pretty good but I like the Oujou rematch more because half of Oujou's team and even the coach had gotten pretty good focus throughout the entire manga and it's a culmination of a bunch of character arcs and it rules. Only Gaou and Marco are really interesting on the Dinosaur's team. Though I like Marco a lot because even though he's pretty much an evil football playing mobster he's the only person in the entire series to be as completely terrified of Sena and Hiruma. Which is a nice change of pace.

The Oujou match is definitely one of the best because it puts a bunch of well established characters in the spotlight. Basically everybody but Ishimaru gets their moment in the spotlight. That, and it has a stupid, anime only twist that's actually consistent with the rules of football, unlike Monta's thing in the Shinryuji game.

I will say, though, that Sena's last run in the Shinryuji game is one of my favorite sequences in any manga ever.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Eyeshield taught me about the unbeatable power of the blacks

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

That's One Piece.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

same but with Berserk

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Binge reading E21 and seeing how Murata's art progressed from the start of that to where it ended up (on chapter 230 now. The Oujou rematch in the tourney), and comparing that to what he's doing now with OPM has made me really excited about his new project.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I thirst for the update just so I can see this dude get casually smacked.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ChubbyThePhat posted:

You know the pattern from last chapter is going to get flipped and we're going to see Genos get loving bodied by a Cockroach-Man right?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ChubbyThePhat posted:

The chapter will start with Saitama already having won.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Saitama is here to learn something about martial arts, so I think he's gonna at least humor the guy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kild posted:

That's One Piece.

I really want to hear Sonny Strait say this, but he probably never would.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well, finished E21.

And yeah, the whole "black people are like super powered" thing get's really annoying. Buuuut at the same time the writer (Inagaki) treats everything like a damned super power. So clearly more of a "lmao how can you be this tone deaf?" situation than some weird racism thing.

It also get's increasingly hilarious just how much the concept of what a "high schooler" is gets thrown out the loving window:

Oh yeah, look at that kid. Barely even 17 probably just a first semester senior...

who's like 9 feet tall
sucking down some congac
with his girlfriends he probably took home from the strip club he was chilling at like 3 chapters ago...

Crain fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 26, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rumour going about that according to the recent licensing expo, there are a lot of studios battling for the rights to a live action OPM movie. Same rumour also states that a couple of studios think that an OPM movie could perform on the same level as Marvel CU movies.

Source: /a/ dude who posted his own pics from when he went. As always, a pinch of salt is required.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crain posted:

Oh yeah, look at that kid. Barely even 17 probably just a first semester senior...

who's like 9 feet tall
sucking down some congac
with his girlfriends he probably took home from the strip club he was chilling at like 3 chapters ago...

Hey dont be condescending.
He was held back as a kid.

Also he fell into a vat of steroids
And then one of HGH
Multiple times
Also the river styx

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Rumour going about that according to the recent licensing expo, there are a lot of studios battling for the rights to a live action OPM movie. Same rumour also states that a couple of studios think that an OPM movie could perform on the same level as Marvel CU movies.

Source: /a/ dude who posted his own pics from when he went. As always, a pinch of salt is required.

I don't really think a live action OPM is worth it though? I'm not really sure how you'd do the whole ONE style Saitama -> Murata style cool Saitama without just way too much CGI. But eh, maybe if they really worked on it like MCU it'd work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
You could probably make a pretty distinct contrast between joke Saitama and serious Saitama with lighting tricks, costume details and after affects. Joke Saitama has normal comedy movie lighting and a slightly baggy costume, and serious Saitama is heavily shadowed and has a better fitting costume.