Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope she spent the hour piecing together all the evidence and having a basic lead to the truth, only for Gappy to tell her that the rumble in front of the house explained most of his backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Didn't Yasuho fax over Damo's personal info like 20 minutes ago in universe?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Didn't Yasuho fax over Damo's personal info like 20 minutes ago in universe?

Damo's personal info with the name Josefumi Kujo attached

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really, really want an awkward bit with Yasuho asking if Gappy wants to look for that Josefumi fella in case he knows something.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really, really want an awkward bit with Yasuho asking if Gappy wants to look for that Josefumi fella in case he knows something.

"Also why is your liver missing"

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

its fine he probably has two if them

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sinners Sandwich posted:

"Who's that dead guy over there and why does the Higashikata family look traumatized?"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CONTROVERSIAL LIVER THEORY: Kira's liver was still in Damo's stand range when he escaped, so it didn't return to him when he unmelted. Josuke's did because it was there with him when Damo's stand range disappeared.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's hard to tell with the art, but it looks a little like Damo leaves the liver on the sofa. Jousefoumi Legou liver Kuujouu

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Damo's personal info with the name Josefumi Kujo attached

It's Josefumi's with Damo's pic

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's Josefumi's with Damo's pic
Yup, exactly, I realized later that I phrased that terribly but was too loving lazy to edit for clarification

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna skip ahead to part 6, which sounds super cool from the short summary I read.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

vento aureo is good in its own way, but there's really no shame in skipping the final crawl of it to go to the rest of the series while the translation finishes up, honestly. if it was even remotely relevant to the rest of the series there'd be more reason to not skip it, poo poo translation or no, but it's 100% disconnected entirely.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

vento aureo is good in its own way, but there's really no shame in skipping the final crawl of it to go to the rest of the series while the translation finishes up, honestly. if it was even remotely relevant to the rest of the series there'd be more reason to not skip it, poo poo translation or no, but it's 100% disconnected entirely.

Which is really fuckin bizarre given how part 6 sets up a way for part 5 to easily become interconnected with the rest but it never goes anywhere :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I shame all skippers.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Obviously Josuke [stole] Damo's liver.

What do you mean "there's so many problems with that I don't even know where to start, the biological issues alone-" lalalalalala I can't hear you

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Yinlock posted:

Obviously Josuke [stole] Damo's liver.

What do you mean "there's so many problems with that I don't even know where to start, the biological issues alone-" lalalalalala I can't hear you

It's ok, he's (part of) a doctor.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

QuasiQuack posted:

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm gonna skip ahead to part 6, which sounds super cool from the short summary I read.

Stone Ocean is Cool and Good and also has the most badass JoJo, so this is an acceptable decision.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jojo has taught me that people can live surprisingly long times without their livers so I'm sure Josuke just got his liver fixed the same way Norisuke got his arm fixed

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It taught me that people called Kira Yoshikage are beautiful and must be protected.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder why specifically the liver anyway

Is there some horror movie out there where the killer takes livers? I remember the Marilyn Manson fight being a race against time because Hermes was dying due to her liver being ripped out

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno why in terms of Hermes, but I think with Kira/Josuke, it's pretty simple and effective to show significant damage externally. Just lop a big old chunk out of them and you can see it's bad and it's an easily quantifiable injury too.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

What if Monsta Cardu is a Jolyne/Hermes hybrid

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Medicos are making a grand total of 10 Swarovski crystal covered The Hand SAS figures. They're also making Swarovski Crazy Diamond and I believe Josuke ones in greater number.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Medicos are making a grand total of 10 Swarovski crystal covered The Hand SAS figures. They're also making Swarovski Crazy Diamond and I believe Josuke ones in greater number.

Always remember, Crazy Diamond can't "fix" broken bank accounts.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Can't wait for Swarovski Harvest.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm holdin' out for 24 karat Gold Experience.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Dias posted:

Always remember, Crazy Diamond can't "fix" broken bank accounts.

The best part about Shigeki's Harvest is, after all of Josuke and Shigeki's schemes, Okuyasu just pulls a winning lottery ticket out of the trash.

That's the best part.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Why did Whitesnake have a different power in literally every chapter it appeared in

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Why did Whitesnake have a different power in literally every chapter it appeared in

It had two abilities before it powered up, the ability to pull discs from/place discs into people representing their soul and stand, and the ability to create illusions

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Three new chapters of Vento Aureo just went up on Batoto, which gets us into the first encounter with The Boss. I also promised several years ago that download links for the older chapters would be available soon, and it looks like it's finally about to happen. I'll be back with more info once it's ready.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

It had two abilities before it powered up, the ability to pull discs from/place discs into people representing their soul and stand, and the ability to create illusions

By using its own jizz

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

FirstAidKite posted:

Don't forget it can also slowly dissolve people while they are stuck in illusions!

Pretty sure it only uses that exactly once, and for the rest of the part it's just discs. It's not JUST stands either, Pucci uses it to make a disc of his own eyesight so he isn't effected by Heavy Weather.

Kinda like a shittier Soft & Wet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.medicos-e.net/

The Akira Statue Legend is being re-issued, as is the Yukako one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Snortrax/status/745445121328451584

https://twitter.com/Snortrax/status/745448129135153152

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Begemot posted:

Don't forget it can also slowly dissolve people while they are stuck in illusions!

Pretty sure it only uses that exactly once, and for the rest of the part it's just discs. It's not JUST stands either, Pucci uses it to make a disc of his own eyesight so he isn't effected by Heavy Weather.

Kinda like a shittier Soft & Wet.

I thought the "slowly dissolve people" thing was one of the illusions

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Eyes of Heaven is out on Tuesday (US)/1st July (EU). Feels like it sneaked up because it's poo poo.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

No physical release for North America, my birthday ruined

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Daxing Dan posted:

Three new chapters of Vento Aureo just went up on Batoto, which gets us into the first encounter with The Boss. I also promised several years ago that download links for the older chapters would be available soon, and it looks like it's finally about to happen. I'll be back with more info once it's ready.

Thanks dude!

That King Crimson cosplay is nice. There was a really fantastic Death 13 cosplay going around a few weeks ago by shwit? I think? They've done a great hot pants before, too. I'll pull it up when I'm not on my phone

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
The face on that King Crimson cosplay is super hosed up, which makes it basically perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Update: back issues delayed while the editor exports 1000 PSDs by hand and I play tech support to figure out why he can't automate it