Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

PM me in twenty years to let me know how that works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

See, it works perfectly!

I'm kind of surprised something like this isn't how the Homestuck books were published.

(I'm pretty sure this is how the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff book was published, but no one's ever found the other half.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My favourite things about the SBAHJ book was them having to constantly reassure the publishers that they meant to do it like that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

quote:

I haven’t worked out the publishing part of it. It could very well be unpublishable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SynthOrange posted:

My favourite things about the SBAHJ book was them having to constantly reassure the publishers that they meant to do it like that.

It's my favorite piece of print media ever

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Renaissance Robot posted:

Oh shut up you baby, people read it. Liked it, even! I didn't even especially mind when it was literal scribbles, because it was a fun story, but I appreciate if you weren't super happy publishing it in that condition if it felt like you weren't giving it enough attention.

Awww, thanks, I appreciate it! :) Alas, the numbers have distinctly told me nobody read it, and you know what they say about the numbers.

Honestly, though, it's not really something I'm scratching my head about, when I step back and look at it. Trying to make a big success from a free adult webcomic, without anything else to back it up, was pretty audacious and reckless. No one's really done it before, and if anyone was going to be the first, it sure wasn't going to be me. :v:

Like every webcomic boner I made, it was a good learning experience... albeit a very expensive one...

It still was my best comic, though; I'll get back to it soon as I can!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SynthOrange posted:

I still lose it every time I remember that it rings up as a bag of Doritos.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's the ribbon that does it for me, every loving time.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

I didn't know this, and I would be curious to know what else there is about this book which I don't know.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I'm a fan of the coffee mug stain on the cover.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm a fan of the coffee mug stain on the cover.

Spine with the wrong title is also a winner

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

qntm posted:

I didn't know this, and I would be curious to know what else there is about this book which I don't know.

it can't actually ring up as doritos on most scanners because the bar code is gold foil

its beautiful

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gally posted:

it can't actually ring up as doritos on most scanners because the bar code is gold foil

its beautiful
Man I'm sad I missed that book but I couldn't really afford it at the time.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I always crack up over the center-fold, which is a huge, four-page fold out that just says 'centaur fold' over and over.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Zereth posted:

Man I'm sad I missed that book but I couldn't really afford it at the time.

It doesn't say its out of stock https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-SBAHJ-HARDCOVER&Category_Code=ALL

I bought it at a comic shop a couple years ago, so there could still be copies just floating around out there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I can appreciate its existence, but sadly my irony game is not strong enough to actually want to spend 44usd plus transatlantic shipping on a work of art nobody else in my real life vicinity will ever comprehend.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
let me tell you about my artistic vision. in the future no human wears clothes... but everything else does. dogs, horses, trees, boulders, telephone poles all wear special knitted garments. cotton is hot property again. slavery makes a comeback but this time it's not along racial lines - the ugly enslave the beautiful. our heroine is a magnificent woman packed full of breasts and she has been a slave all her life, until she sees a shooting star one equinox night and develops the power of ice

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

let me tell you about my artistic vision. in the future no human wears clothes... but everything else does. dogs, horses, trees, boulders, telephone poles all wear special knitted garments. cotton is hot property again. slavery makes a comeback but this time it's not along racial lines - the ugly enslave the beautiful. our heroine is a magnificent woman packed full of breasts and she has been a slave all her life, until she sees a shooting star one equinox night and develops the power of ice

*invokes jontron quotes and 4chan memes to show support*

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
what the gently caress is a jontron
if you're not going to give me constructive feedback then you can just get out of my house

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Avshalom posted:

if you're not going to give me constructive feedback then you can just get out of my house
Make sure the shooting star she sees is traveling at an angle no more than fifteen degrees off the horizontal, or else my suspension of disbelief will be totally shattered.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kramjacks posted:

It doesn't say its out of stock https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=MSPA-SBAHJ-HARDCOVER&Category_Code=ALL

I bought it at a comic shop a couple years ago, so there could still be copies just floating around out there.
I don't know how I feel about the fact that you pointed this out because I'm probably going to buy it now

e: I have no idea how many are in stock because it let me get up to the point where clicking a button completes the purchase with a large number in my cart. But at least I'm getting $5 off

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 22, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Avshalom posted:

I've been practicing 3-D modeling recently and did a quick render of your lead character

Making a comic is hard but don't ever give up! I believe in Felicity Hardnips, Ice Slave!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been practicing 3-D modeling recently and did a quick render of your lead character

That was a magical few pages. :allears:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That was a magical few pages. :allears:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

memories

memories...

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ok that wasn't the picture i intended to post but i'm standing by it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats a good post picture to post IMO

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Turns out that the spine girl from Monster Pulse is a shy bi.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH9qHT8VA4Q

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

paradoxGentleman posted:

Turns out that the spine girl from Monster Pulse is a shy bi.

Still creeping up a storm for tooth guy too.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

please tag your nws neckbeard videos, an innocent might find this thread

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3721962&pagenumber=9&perpage=40#post448260097

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
In the latest update of Stand Still Stay Silent, uh, well, apparently what counts as a racial slur varies a lot from one part of the world to another?

The Disqus comments are still readable here.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
gently caress anyone that reads webcomics

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

isasphere posted:

In the latest update of Stand Still Stay Silent, uh, well, apparently what counts as a racial slur varies a lot from one part of the world to another?

the comments are still there, but let's not get too carried away here

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

isasphere posted:

I don't like what it says about me that my initial reaction to the page was to laugh and move on. I'm ashamed of that. After reading the reactions of people who were hurt by the slur, I realize that my privilege allowed me to overlook how seeing it here affects people who have been targeted by it in real life. I want to add my voice to those requesting that that speech bubble be revised to something other than a real-world slur. I'm sure Minna didn't realize the full implications of the joke, but I hope that she will change it now that many readers have explained why it was hurtful.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

I don't like what it says about me that my initial reaction to the page was to laugh and move on. I'm ashamed of that. After reading the reactions of people who were hurt by the slur, I realize that my privilege allowed me to overlook how seeing it here affects people who have been targeted by it in real life. I want to add my voice to those requesting that that speech bubble be revised to something other than a real-world slur. I'm sure Minna didn't realize the full implications of the joke, but I hope that she will change it now that many readers have explained why it was hurtful.

That doesn't seem like an unreasonable opinion to have though?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Obviously Minna isn't racist towards Chinese, but lol at how tone-deaf Europeans can be about race sometimes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ugh jesus that comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
double lol, just realized that she changed the line from "ching-chong" to "ching-ling" and blamed the audience for not understanding that this is just playful ribbing in Finland instead of actually apologizing :psyduck:

• Locked thread