Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

I'd say slap a cowl on that Screamer but there's no way to do that without completely loving the aerodynamics of that beautiful, terrible machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

apostateCourier posted:

I'd say slap a cowl on that Screamer but there's no way to do that without completely loving the aerodynamics of that beautiful, terrible machine.

There's always go-fast stripes!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Alright, I'm going for 2733 and shaking my rear end at the clanners as I exit.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

RA Rx posted:

Is the Piranha dead?

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Headshot, woo.

VVV No, I'd just like to catch my mistakes the day of rather than the Tuesday before the next update where a fix could invalidate the orders of the more prompt players. I'm expressing frustration that I'm letting so many mistakes through. VVV

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 21, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do you just want this mission to be over?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Not gonna lie, when I saw 'Headshot woo' my first instinct was Jason Youngblood Is loving Dead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If he is, Duncan's revenge tour could be pretty impressive.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Headshot, woo.

VVV No, I'd just like to catch my mistakes the day of rather than the Tuesday before the next update where a fix could invalidate the orders of the more prompt players. I'm expressing frustration that I'm letting so many mistakes through. VVV

I haven't counted, but my wild guess is that you're making about one copyedit or little tracking mistake per ~100 dice rolls. You're seeing more this session due to the sheer volume of battlemechs, fire, and movement happening. E.g. I don't think your rate of errors have actually risen, it's just an artifact of how much you've expanded your scenarios and made them increasingly complex over the last year etc.

A 1% error rate is totally acceptable.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the occasional error in a 1600-page let's play which PTN has run on his own for free for like half a decade is Fine

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm pretty sure this mission has about as much poo poo going on in it as the entire first year of the thread combined, so I really wouldn't sweat a few errors here and there.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I wouldn't worry about it either. There are 50(!) units all running around shooting each other, a few mistakes are no problem at all.

I just counted, and ignoring units that are destroyed or out of the battle, there are 43 Mechs and 7 infantry units on the field.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 21, 2016

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's probably my favorite mission so far for a variety of factors. There's so much action! With high stakes and crazy surprises! Bonus exploding piranha is just another crazy surprise, not a downer.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Orders sent, Lancelot evac'ing via 2733.
Given that a side-torso hit is as bad a kill potential as a center-torso blowout, I have more armor on my backsides than my frontsides. I only lament that I can't really shoot anything on my way out.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

In that case, the Ostscout should evac to 2732 this turn, so that we can fill all the escape hexes.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I don't think any of us are upset with you over the occasional bookkeeping error. They're infrequent and you always give us the benefit of the doubt if it goes in the players favor.

It's basically our point of Edge, and an extra kill puts us one step closer to making it out of here alive. :toot:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm upset.

Shame on you PTN.

Shame.

You should make a clanner joke as punishment.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Looking at 3239 facing 3140, for a final shot at the Crimson Hawk. Hopefully I can blow a gun off. I don't want that thing menacing us on the last turn, and 3239 is as safe a hex as #megamek can find for me.

EDIT: Hey, I'm in range for a shot at the Hellstar. 5% chance of a last-turn headshot to live in song and story...

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 21, 2016

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

We should get the AI box that wrote Sunspring to be our new GM.

Just joking. We all make mistakes, getting hung on it is just going to make you more frustrated and cause you to make more mistakes. Just relax and take your time.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Never get mad at yourself for making mistakes, unlike other people you are always around to continue berating yourself

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Salamander orders going in - reversing to 2734 and alpha striking that drat Grendel. Secondary target is the Crimson Hawk, tertiary is the Hellstar because gently caress you, Ath.

Time to bail.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

paragon1 posted:

This is some real edge of your seat stuff.

:agreed:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Flashman orders going in - alpha striking the Locust. I put in contingencies to go to 2634 or 2735, whichever ends up empty.

We're done here.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
If the couple of mechs not leaving this turn put in orders for next turn (you're leaving then right?) we might not even have to wait for the weekend!

Great job everyone

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.

Tempest_56 posted:

Salamander orders going in - reversing to 2734 and alpha striking that drat Grendel. Secondary target is the Crimson Hawk, tertiary is the Hellstar because gently caress you, Ath.

Time to bail.

Agreed. Also, I cannot read diagrams. :V

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

E: We got this. :banjo:

Telamon
Apr 8, 2005

Father of Ajax!

Back Hack posted:

I hope you guys realize in the next game that dice karma are going to kill you in the first couple of rounds. :v:

Counterpoint: Vorenus got what bad dice there were in the first couple of rounds both this scenario and last. That self sacrifice to PTNs dice, unwilling or no, shall not go unremembered.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If the couple of mechs not leaving this turn put in orders for next turn (you're leaving then right?) we might not even have to wait for the weekend!

Great job everyone

Really hard to put in orders before you know what the enemy's done this turn. The contingency trees start to get ridiculous.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I found a few things while I was cleaning out part of my garage last night.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Orders in, jumping to 2433, shooting grendel/locust, exiting next turn making one attempt to pick up any downed pilots.

E: fixed vv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 22, 2016

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

sebmojo posted:

Orders in, jumping to 2643, shooting grendel/locust, exiting next turn making one attempt to pick up any downed pilots.
Do you mean 2633? 2643 is a Screamer-tier jump.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 22, 2016

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

So, the Lancelot and Flashman would both be destroyed if they lose a side torso, while clan XLs only take two engine hits?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RA Rx posted:

So, the Lancelot and Flashman would both be destroyed if they lose a side torso, while clan XLs only ake two hits?

They both have clan ferro fibrous but I don't see any reason why their engines would be clan.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

RA Rx posted:

So, the Lancelot and Flashman would both be destroyed if they lose a side torso, while clan XLs only take two engine hits?

Mechanically, it takes three engine crits to "kill" the engine and thus the mech. Regular engines are just in the CT, you only need to hit 50% of the crits (3) to tank the engine. All that does is alter the probability of getting an engine crit, though.

XL engines have extra crits in the side torsos, three in each for IS XL engines and two in each for clan XL engines. This means losing a side torso is three crits for an IS XL, an engine kill, where the clan XL only takes two hits and can keep on running until it takes a third crit.

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
Particularly relevant for the Dragoon II as well, although that one IS Clan spec being an NRWR local build. I say this because I've also confirmed it with PTN and it influenced how much firepower I am sending downrange as part of my withdraw move. (Sadly, less lasers were fired, because losing my LT will result in +10 heat. Still risking a PSR, but only the lowest possible PSR and that again is only if I lose the torso entirely.)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Olothreutes posted:

Mechanically, it takes three engine crits to "kill" the engine and thus the mech. Regular engines are just in the CT, you only need to hit 50% of the crits (3) to tank the engine. All that does is alter the probability of getting an engine crit, though.

XL engines have extra crits in the side torsos, three in each for IS XL engines and two in each for clan XL engines. This means losing a side torso is three crits for an IS XL, an engine kill, where the clan XL only takes two hits and can keep on running until it takes a third crit.

I always liked this tradeoff. I wish more equipment upgrades were like that, instead of the straight "you are stupid to not use this" type like DHS.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is the Ostscout extracting this turn?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

mcjomar posted:

I think everyone is except me and Jason.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Ronin Of Dreams posted:

Particularly relevant for the Dragoon II as well, although that one IS Clan spec being an NRWR local build. I say this because I've also confirmed it with PTN and it influenced how much firepower I am sending downrange as part of my withdraw move. (Sadly, less lasers were fired, because losing my LT will result in +10 heat. Still risking a PSR, but only the lowest possible PSR and that again is only if I lose the torso entirely.)

Heat doesn't cause PSRs

mcjomar posted:

If it sends in orders probably.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

mcjomar posted:

Should be, we left 2732 open for it to extract.

Edit:

PoptartsNinja posted:

If it sends in orders probably.
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Pladdicus has been sending in orders but hasn't posted in the thread since June 1st :<

• Locked thread