Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Chilichimp posted:

I've got 600 shards, no idea who to buy.

OK since I have no life whatsoever, here's my opinion on all the dudes I've taken to 60.

Black Cat-****1/2
Almost unkillable, strong damage, nice rear end.

Black Widow ***
Not as good as I'd hoped; damage isn't amazing, ult is blah. Great rear though.

Captain America ****
Sturdy with good DPS.

Colossus ***1/2
Very sturdy, and his AoEs shred trash mobs. Single-target damage is mediocre.

Cyclops ****
Rockin' offense, synergy gives +10% XP to other heroes. The voice actor phoned it in.

Daredevil ****
Sturdy high damage melee, combo system is easy to use or you can ignore it. One attack is always Brutal, so strap on an Ultimate Nullifier and watch bosses get splattered.

Deadpoop *****
Sturdy with great damage; ranged, melee and AoE are all viable. No Spirit problems, and he's easy to gear; when in doubt, you can't go wrong by increasing his "awesome". Fourth wall breaking humor might rub ultra-serious spergs the wrong way.

Doctor Doom ********
DOOM HAS NO RIVALS. NONE.

Emma Frost *****
Mega-defense diamond build is stupidly powerful, plus fappiness. Stay away from her part of the forums, her fans are literally insane.

Gambit ****1/2
Very good offense, his 52-pickup sig is an awesome boss killer. I can't believe he doesn't have a motorcycle, though. Ult is mediocre.

Hawkeye **
Bad, bad, bad. Arrows feel like you're shooting wet toothpicks in terms of damage, plus Spirit problems. Just plain boring to play. Stay away.

Invisible Woman ***
Kills trash mobs easily, weak against bosses.

Iron Fist ***1/2
Somewhat finicky to play, and not as sturdy as most melee, but once you get the hang of it he can crap out damage like crazy.

Luke Cage ***
I know I'm gonna get some flak here, but I just don't like him. He just doesn't have a good trash-killing AoE; Cage Was Here takes too long to charge up and is interruptible, the rock one is a tiny line, and the car one has a 8 second cooldown. Sngle target damage is good but not amazing. Ult is great.

Magik ****1/2
Very strong; AoEs and melee with demon backup, free teleport, great sig.

Rocket Raccoon ****
Very fun to play. Big Flarking Gun makes trash mobs melt away, while turrets take care of bosses. Great voice acting. A bit squishy.

Rogue ****1/2
Definitely not for beginners, but experienced players can play Rogue in any of a million ways. Also great behind.

She-Hulk ***1/2
Good offense, but not as sturdy as you'd expect a Hulk to be. And, I suppose you can fap to her, if eight foot tall green women are your thing. Hey, I'm not here to judge.

X-23 ***1/2
Her spirit gimmick is a pain in the rear end at low levels. Once you overcome it via gear and Omegles, she becomes a pretty solid damage dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So ranged blade has 30 unspent skill points after maxing the defensive passive? Am I maxing his dash and motorcycle or

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Gynovore posted:

Stay away from her part of the forums, her fans are literally insane.

Gynovore posted:

nice rear end.
plus fappiness.
Also great behind.
I suppose you can fap to her, if eight foot tall green women are your thing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah wtf man, you don't want Jen to scoop you up in her strong arms and rock you like a baby? Gtfo

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A real man would have said quality things like to rate characters for new players like:

Gambit: Cajun guy with a huge bulge. Really good shape on the bulge too. It's like a plantain really. Almost the size of his foot though in game but just a tad bit shorter. Would still get the job done. Pants barely fit over it--knows exactly how Kim Kardashian feels.

Spider-Man: Great build diversity for endgame but VERY tight rear end in his Iron Spider stume. Probably the tightest in the game and the shape is absolutely top tier. Bulge is so-so, more along the size of an avocado, which shows good diameter but not elliptical at all. Back to the rear end though, it's just on point. The crack dissects perfectly. Michelangelo would play this character.

Emma Frost: Awful. Just awful...

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Mover posted:

So ranged blade has 30 unspent skill points after maxing the defensive passive? Am I maxing his dash and motorcycle or

Funny, the actually good Blade builds don't have points leftover

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mover posted:

I think you should post your build so we can critique laugh at it

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Hawkeye *****
Best, best. best. Arrows feel like you're shooting spears in terms of damage, plus no Spirit problems. Just amazing to play. Get him.

I agree! Good post!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
We joke about bulges and whatnot a lot in this here game but I remember fondly my initial reaction to the Amazing Spiderman costume, the that looks painted on

I had to call my brother over to check it out, and we agreed you could actually trace the shape of his dick

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Next level bulge love

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Thing gets seven lobsters. Yes, seven.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Welp 15mins of play tomorrow and huggy will be 60. Then rogue is next. Any good powers to grab as I go or do I just play around? Though I may spend a few hours in industry cake patrol to grab a few more cakes and groots.

Also lol at being level 50 with 1500ish momentum on juggernaut. The bed hits are freaking amazing.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Kirigi for his teleport. Everything else I think depends what style you're going for.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Anything fun will do. I just finished leveling like all the avengers, thing, silver man, juggy(done tomorrow) and some others I am forgetting. Well that and getting past the cosmic so silver man can farm me some cakes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

It is totally OK to like things and not be optimal, and when people get mad that you like things and are not optimal the best approach is to smile and nod

Some people like slamming their dick into a blender some people don't and get mad if you do. Just smile and nod at them and keep on slamming.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Anything fun will do. I just finished leveling like all the avengers, thing, silver man, juggy(done tomorrow) and some others I am forgetting. Well that and getting past the cosmic so silver man can farm me some cakes.

I didn't go through an extensive amount of them but I quite liked the power you got from nc. It's really satisfying to just bounce from enemy to enemy and it's very spammable too. You can also sorta use it as a movement power.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

xyigx posted:

Welp 15mins of play tomorrow and huggy will be 60. Then rogue is next. Any good powers to grab as I go or do I just play around? Though I may spend a few hours in industry cake patrol to grab a few more cakes and groots.

Also lol at being level 50 with 1500ish momentum on juggernaut. The bed hits are freaking amazing.

As Overminty mentioned, definitely Kigiri for his teleport. Beyond that, you have a lot of options. This site will go a long way in helping you out with Rogue: http://clockworkbard.com/rogue/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thanks for this, gives me several to considers.

Doom, Raccoon, Cyclops, Gambit all appeal to me.

I'll probably start off with Doom.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Powering through leveling everyone I own with this event

For Rogue is the general idea to just grab the powers from villains as I level

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Powering through leveling everyone I own with this event

For Rogue is the general idea to just grab the powers from villains as I level

You can also grab powers from other player heroes. IIRC, the power you get from an NPC villain and a player villain is different.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

Don't forget team ups too.

Chilichimp posted:

You can also grab powers from other player heroes. IIRC, the power you get from an NPC villain and a player villain is different.

NPC and player villains give the same power iirc

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Same power, but you can get it in either the hero tree or the villain tree depending on where you steal it, which can help with fitting a few specific powers. really depends on your build.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Holyshoot posted:

Some people like slamming their dick into a blender some people don't and get mad if you do. Just smile and nod at them and keep on slamming.

Yeah you're exactly who I'm talking about. *smiles, nods*

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chilichimp posted:

Not that I know of.

If you're leveling Rogue and want to grab something specific, there's a few people who still log in regularly and have complete rosters. You can tap me for almost anything that isn't Coulson if I'm on.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Yeah, just scream for a goon in chat, we're pretty used to getting felt up by that particular Southern Belle

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Not that I know of.

If you're leveling Rogue and want to grab something specific, there's a few people who still log in regularly and have complete rosters. You can tap me for almost anything that isn't Coulson if I'm on.

Anyone can log onto any toon they want now, they're just capped at 10.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Jedit posted:

Not that I know of.

I mean the entire point is to just blow through it as fast as possible and not bother/wait for other people

I'm sure I can just steal the Raft powers (Gobby and LL, right?) which I assume give me a laser and an AOE which should be plenty, and just cycle my teamups and rip them as well

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Triple manly Mr. group in full effect right here, with Mr. 69 at level 69, playing Soldier: 69.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Jesus gently caress some people have literally not logged out of Overwatch since it launched I guess

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I mean the entire point is to just blow through it as fast as possible and not bother/wait for other people

I'm sure I can just steal the Raft powers (Gobby and LL, right?) which I assume give me a laser and an AOE which should be plenty, and just cycle my teamups and rip them as well

Living Laser is actually a weird damaging teleport thing, which isn't very good as either a teleport or source of damage

but it's pretty easy to just lick random people in any hub, and there's no reason to worry about being optimal when leveling

you can pop over to hightown and grab Richochet Shot (Cyclops) + Vanish (Kigiri) and literally never need to borrow or steal another power before 60

the only powers that are obnoxious to get are the ones that are tied to time limited events (i.e. Teleportal from The Deceiver, only being able to get the War Machine/Iron Man passive combo in enemy slots via Civil War runway fight) or on unpopular team-ups (i.e. Drax is basically better a Bullseye passive if your build has a spare Borrow slot open)

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jesus gently caress some people have literally not logged out of Overwatch since it launched I guess

Their levels are quite low actually. There are people already prestige. Gotta get that cosmic border with 5 stars, aka level 1500

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Chilichimp posted:

Anyone can log onto any toon they want now, they're just capped at 10.

But they won't have all the Team Ups.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Still no TP, still a worse Doom.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Holyshoot posted:

Their levels are quite low actually. There are people already prestige. Gotta get that cosmic border with 5 stars, aka level 1500

I haven't seen over 147 or so. I'm still in the low-50s I think and felt I was playing too much.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Did anyone at all want ultron?

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Kainser posted:

If he's shaping up to be another Hawkeye or Wolverine or a lovely Doom clone, then yes, I will most likely get him at some point.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kainser posted:

Could have been worse. Gaz might have picked Kamala Khan instead

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kainser posted:

CaptainHankPym, probably. They could have taken him in a cool direction but it sounds like they didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Still no TP, still a worse Doom.

But isn't Doom losing the ability to teleport for magic regen, and thus his objectively best summon build is now gutted?

• Locked thread