Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
no, sorry- i'm in VA. if i had a Resurgam i'd swing it your way, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Ok my dark lord deal fell thru,,. Anyone have two bottles of this years for trade?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Anything good come out of Wicked Weed? Anything that I should go out of my way to try? They're doing a tap takeover and I'm wondering if I should head out there.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

obi_ant posted:

Anything good come out of Wicked Weed? Anything that I should go out of my way to try? They're doing a tap takeover and I'm wondering if I should head out there.

I like most of their hoppy stuff (Freak of Nature etc) and sour stuff, especially the goses and anything with a fruit in it that you are fond of. I'm really happy that they've got their bottling under control now :D

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I would say most of their sours are worth trying. It's good stuff and not overly sour/tart. Freak of nature and Pernicious are solid.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
SERIOUS, posting for a friend.

"Hello Everyone
I am ISO the impossible in a short time frame. I have a friend that will be moving to Denver and I would like to get a special beer for his going away party which is also his birthday. He has been a great friend and I'd like to surprise him with this.
So with that said....

ISO: KBBS...
FT: $, Whaleslayer, Beer, etc..

if anyone knows someone that has one available please let me know."

He's pretty motivated to get this and I figured I'd try to help. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

sterster posted:

SERIOUS, posting for a friend.

"Hello Everyone
I am ISO the impossible in a short time frame. I have a friend that will be moving to Denver and I would like to get a special beer for his going away party which is also his birthday. He has been a great friend and I'd like to surprise him with this.
So with that said....

ISO: KBBS...
FT: $, Whaleslayer, Beer, etc..

if anyone knows someone that has one available please let me know."

He's pretty motivated to get this and I figured I'd try to help. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you.

Unless your friend is willing to spend around $1000 (yes really) or trade equivalent levels of beer, this will not happen.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
He is very serious. That's why I put the serious tag at the top. He's an idiot that is willing to spend 1200-1500 on a 12oz beer. poo poo he already has 800$ in loving whale slayer bottle openers and more loving beer then you can shake a stick at.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'll trade a miller high life for one of his beers

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Control Volume posted:

I'll trade a miller high life for one of his beers

Same

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

how much would your buddy pay for a goatse whaleslayer? i know JR; i can try to make this happen

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

how much would your buddy pay for a goatse whaleslayer? i know JR; i can try to make this happen

Considering he probably has no clue what goatse is... $100. I'm serious that he owns I think 4 of them now. Has been invited to JR's private camping share. It's kind of ridiculous. I think he's going to try and get one of the whale, whale slayers the ones that bid for like 400 I think. Chris is too nice of a guy though. It's hard to actually beat up on him as a person just his frivolous spending.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

me: hey, can you make a goatse opener for that dude in Arizona that has like twenty whaleslayers and is looking for KBBS?
JR: gently caress..............I had to look up goatse. You are an rear end for causing me to do that.
me: what *kind* of rear end, though- prolapsed, perhaps?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

funkybottoms posted:

me: hey, can you make a goatse opener for that dude in Arizona that has like twenty whaleslayers and is looking for KBBS?
JR: gently caress..............I had to look up goatse. You are an rear end for causing me to do that.

HAHAHAHA please tell me this conversation really happened. Too good. good ol goatse still a shock in 2016. Glad to see it's living on strong.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Proper response should've been "so now that you've seen it... can you make it?"

I would probably buy a goatse bottle opener.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

sterster posted:

HAHAHAHA please tell me this conversation really happened. Too good. good ol goatse still a shock in 2016. Glad to see it's living on strong.

agreed; he's an old redneck that lives in the sticks and unironically wears overalls. here's the rest of the exchange:

JR: I'm not looking that up.
me: it would make a cool opener, though, right?
JR: I wouldn't make one, that's stranger than the request I had for an opener in the shape of a raccoon paw holding a dildo.
Other Guy: I wanna meet the kind of person that requests these things.
JR: Other Guy when I had a request sheet on BA someone edited someone else's request to that. The original person contacted me and told me that someone changed his order but then told me if I could make that he would buy it.

and i disagree that my request was more strange

radthibodaux
Nov 1, 2011

HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS
ISO: Heady Topper
FT: Pliny the Elder, $$

Looking to exchange a few cans/bottles. I'm in the SF Bay Area so if there's any local stuff that you'd like to get your hands on, I'm happy to try to obtain it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

oh, yeah- any of that Buckley still hanging around in Chicago? holler.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

Yes, this is going to hurt.
FS/FT: BCS Rare still sealed 2015.

I also have others I would be willing to trade. Some difficults, but not impossible to find beers. Although I guess it depends on your location too.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

extendedsolo posted:

FS/FT: BCS Rare still sealed 2015.

I also have others I would be willing to trade. Some difficults, but not impossible to find beers. Although I guess it depends on your location too.

Where are you located at and what are you looking for? At least give styles, breweries, etc.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

danbanana posted:

Where are you located at and what are you looking for? At least give styles, breweries, etc.

I'm located in Wisconsin.

I would be looking for things such as

Pliny the younger, Surly Darkness (barrel aged is what I"m really looking for), Perennial Abraxas. Things along those lines. I'm also open to reasonable offers that only involve cash too. I know I can make a profit by selling it online, but if there are beers I want I"m willing to just not do that I guess?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Younger is draft only and either way, it's come and gone for the year. However, there's nice folks here who'd send you a growler of Boneyard Notorious though!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

extendedsolo posted:

I'm located in Wisconsin.

I would be looking for things such as

Pliny the younger, Surly Darkness (barrel aged is what I"m really looking for), Perennial Abraxas. Things along those lines. I'm also open to reasonable offers that only involve cash too. I know I can make a profit by selling it online, but if there are beers I want I"m willing to just not do that I guess?

BA Darkness and Abraxas are easy targets that you should be able to pull with a Rare, though obviously it depends on what Goons are sitting on right now. But I'm sure someone here will make you a reasonable offer on equivalent or better beers. I'd be interested but I honestly don't have anything I would feel comfortable sending you in return without feeling I ripped you off...

Also, you don't want Abraxas. You want Cigar City's Hunahpu. Because Abraxas is like that Huna's less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousin. There are people here who might disagree but those people are like my less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousins!

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

danbanana posted:

BA Darkness and Abraxas are easy targets that you should be able to pull with a Rare, though obviously it depends on what Goons are sitting on right now. But I'm sure someone here will make you a reasonable offer on equivalent or better beers. I'd be interested but I honestly don't have anything I would feel comfortable sending you in return without feeling I ripped you off...

Also, you don't want Abraxas. You want Cigar City's Hunahpu. Because Abraxas is like that Huna's less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousin. There are people here who might disagree but those people are like my less attractive, less athletic, and less smart cousins!

You know that's the thing, because while I'm not a super expert but I'm not exactly a moron either. I've heard it's difficult to trade though because people are always feeling like they need to win. I"ll tell you that mindset goes outside of beer trading too.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

extendedsolo posted:

You know that's the thing, because while I'm not a super expert but I'm not exactly a moron either. I've heard it's difficult to trade though because people are always feeling like they need to win. I"ll tell you that mindset goes outside of beer trading too.

Which is why I'm suggesting you find a trade partner here instead of a place like Beer Advocate. These are the best beer people ever and will be reasonable with offers and I don't know anyone who posts in the beer thread regularly that will go out of their way to "win" a trade.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

I've either met in person or traded with nearly every regular poster on this thread/the main beer thread and will vouch for having a good experience here. We're all here to look out for each other and be fair. This is no doubt the first place I turn if I'm looking for a trade.

extendedsolo
Oct 14, 2005

air- posted:

I've either met in person or traded with nearly every regular poster on this thread/the main beer thread and will vouch for having a good experience here. We're all here to look out for each other and be fair. This is no doubt the first place I turn if I'm looking for a trade.

Good to know! I'm pretty familiar with buying things in SA Mart and have only had good experiences

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

yeah, the regular beergoons are good people- i've traded with and met a fair number of them and have only had one bad experience in six years (and that dude hosed off a while back)

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

danbanana posted:

I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Hunahpu is a bad beer, I drain poured half of a 2016 because it tasted like straight pepper (mix of green and chili) and even the 2014 I opened a few nights ago was still more pepper than I'd like. The 2016 Abraxas was much much better in my opinion. Maybe a 2012 Huna would be excellent but good lord.

Also a Rare should be able to pull more than an Abraxas or Hunahpuh. While Rare is a shelf beer the others will get made every year whereas Rare won't.

I traded a Rare for a Cycle DBR, 2014 BA Surly Darkness, and a BC Regal Rye. This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Lyon fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 21, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lyon posted:

I'm going to strongly disagree with this. Hunahpu is a bad beer, I drain poured half of a 2016 because it tasted like straight pepper (mix of green and chili) and even the 2014 I opened a few nights ago was still more pepper than I'd like. The 2016 Abraxas was much much better in my opinion. Maybe a 2012 Huna would be excellent but good lord.

Also a Rare should be able to pull more than an Abraxas or Hunahpuh. While Rare is a shelf beer the others will get made every year whereas Rare won't.

I traded a Rare for a Cycle DBR, 2014 BA Surly Darkness, and a BC Regal Rye. This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Whoever traded that for rare is kind of an idiot if it was 2015 but whatever dude.

Huna is actually really good and so is Abraxis. I think they're pretty equal.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

Whoever traded that for rare is kind of an idiot if it was 2015 but whatever dude.

Huna is actually really good and so is Abraxis. I think they're pretty equal.

Abraxas gave me a lot more cinnamon and chocolate with a hint of pepper where Huna gave me the opposite and was extremely pepper forward. To each their own.

Yes that was a particularly good trade for me, it was very close to the release and Rare was still trading really high. I didn't post the trade I just accepted the terms that were proposed. In all fairness I then bought a prop from the same guy for $125 so we probably ended up even in terms of beer to value ratio since prop was not good this year.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
Anyone happen to have a BA Sump for trade? I have 2015 BCBS Rare, anything that's come out in Houston distro for the last seven years or so, and a good assortment of brewery only fruited sours readily available. I'm willing to discuss ratios, and specifics, but I don't really even know what to specifically offer. BA Sump is a beer I've just always wanted to try, and I've had bad luck in finding it for trade.

Is it odd that I hate coffee, but love coffee beers?

I'll agree with what others have said. The goon traders are great, fair, and generous, in my experience. I was never wildly active in beer trading, but I had to take an extended break due to a brain injury, then unemployment, but I still see the same people posting here as I did before.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 21, 2016

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Imasalmon posted:

Is it odd that I hate coffee, but love coffee beers?

Sup, me too :respek: and for me, it's only drinking coffee very rarely since I hate how caffeine makes me feel. But I make exceptions for really loving good cups of coffee. Will admit I have a soft spot for Vietnamese coffee (and those kinds of porters/stouts too)

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Lyon posted:

This was before all the infection nonsense which may have impacted what Rare is trading for (even though no reports of Rare being infected have come out yet).

Rare is a 2013 bcbs beer aged in different barrels IIRC. There shouldn't theoretically, be any sort of infection that corresponds to the most recent GI fiasco.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

sterster posted:

Rare is a 2013 bcbs beer aged in different barrels IIRC. There shouldn't theoretically, be any sort of infection that corresponds to the most recent GI fiasco.

Initially a lot of my friends and I (as well as others I'm sure) thought it had something to do with the new bottles they used and the sterilization process which would put Rare at risk even though it was 2013 BCBS aged in different barrels.

Someone in the beer thread said they traced the infection back to the barrels they used, this is still unconfirmed officially, and if that is the case then Rare is safe.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Bottles are sanitary straight off the pallet, there's really no realistic way you'd get an infection from your glass.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Josh Wow posted:

Bottles are sanitary straight off the pallet, there's really no realistic way you'd get an infection from your glass.

More likely at the filling machines, right?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dphi posted:

More likely at the filling machines, right?

Those should also be entirely aseptic and if they aren't it's because someone royally hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Spanish Manlove posted:

Those should also be entirely aseptic and if they aren't it's because someone royally hosed up.

Well, I think that's wholly apparent regardless of source.

Also remember that BCBW used different barrels, too, since that beer uses old BCBS barrels, and that poo poo was fuccckkked. So the "different barrels!" argument for Rare is not entirely valid, though I've still heard zero reports of issues with that.

And FYI: Rare '15 is the same base beer as BCBS '14, not '13. In case anyone wants to do a side-by-side...

• Locked thread