Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
RIP Firestarter/Wolfhound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
for the love of all that is holey, tell me that's a shop

please

I'm begging you.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
loving Catapult is as short as my Ice Ferret now... Lol

Also minimap is jacked and makes me not want to play.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wait so the mini map is now the full map shrunk

And you can't zoom

Haha omg that's retaaaaaarded.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

sebmojo posted:

Wait so the mini map is now the full map shrunk

And you can't zoom

Haha omg that's retaaaaaarded.

Supposedly they're gonna hotfix it back to the way it was.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Being able to zoom it out makes a lot of sense actually, but :pgi:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

:stonklol: that's loving terrible.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Great Beer posted:

:stonklol: that's loving terrible.

Not if you have a bunch of catapults! I pretty much drive urbz, VNDs, catapults, and banshees so I'm coming out alright. Too bad the new map got rid of one of the legit good ones. Also I now spend more time than I'd like to admit trying to figure out where my legs are facing now.

Swiller of Beer
Jan 2, 2003
Cold Hearted S.O.B.
Soiled Meat
Here's something about the new minimap.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/06/1582-regarding-new-mini-map

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Hey y'all in another 6 months Btech will have at least a playable beta and we can all :pgi: ever happened...

Except for the art assets.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pattonesque posted:

That is just pants on head retarded...

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

Hahahah holy poo poo

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
huh after reading the notes on the new minimap, it seems like old functionality is going to be assigned to the command console in the D-DC. Which makes it look like they broke it, to fix something else that wasn't doing anything in the first place.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
bad minimap hurts bads phx has cool gun hand i dunno 1 game in and its not that bad/ the same.

leg orientation means press C friend

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only lights not completely hosed now are probably locusts & arctic cheetahs. I only played one game this morning due to that bewildering minimap decision so YMMV. No plans to ever touch my gigantic firestarters again.

Disclosure: I spent money on the phoenix hawk some months ago (before the archer fiasco). In the one match I played I cored out a dragon by shooting down into its CT at point blank from my 45 tonner. :stonklol:

I wonder what other fun the resizing has caused. Anyone know if the freshly upsized mechs get stuck on the reworked maps yet? The ones they changed specifically to stop that happening to the older, smaller mechs?

Heck of a return to the game after a couple months inactivity.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
That new minimap sure is something.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

".....adjusted mech size to match their tonnage...."

And still a 65-ton catapult is roughly the size of a 35-ton firestarter?
Is the Catapult built of depleted uranium or something?

I mean yes, it has a large nose the FS hasnt, and the legs are thicker, and those fridges on the sides, and actually considering all dimensions instead of just 2, it might come close.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
At the end of the day I can probably live perfectly well with the rescaling but the mechs themselves will need to be re-quirked, etc to adjust.

Trip report: the 3 ER-large laser sniper phoenix hawk is actually not terrible, at least on the super popular new ice city map. Think of it as a (very) oversized raven with ECM.

Heaven help you if you want to use it for anything other than sniping though. Everyone I've seen try to brawl in one dies horribly.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh, the grand price included a mech bay it seems.

Imma get a warhammer i guess.
Im eyeing with this, but i guess i should first buy/basic/sell 2 that i dont wanna keep?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Heaven help you if you want to use it for anything other than sniping though. Everyone I've seen try to brawl in one dies horribly.

Strictly from shooting at it, it's an even-more-fragile Trebuchet. Gigantic front facing, easy to ID CT but large sides.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The mini catapults are adorable.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I love my hosed up tiny pult.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I've not played for a while, but I continue to be baffled at the need to rework the early maps. Did anyone like forest or caustic more after they rejigged them? Someone on the design team seems to be of the opinion that "I MADE IT MORE BIGGER" is equivalent to "I made it better", and it sucks that frozen's been pissed all over in the same manner.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Looks like it's back to splatcat/boomcat/guass cat for a while.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Splatcat was good before they shrunk it into an adorable high explosive leprechaun so it should be really good now.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I would like to know how they plan to address the constantly shrinking playerbase. I know that Steam is not a reliable indicator in absolute numbers since there are MW:O players not using Steam but this game is seriously losing at least 10% of the Steam playerbase each month: http://steamcharts.com/app/342200#6m

I feel like nothing they change or do is to make the game more popular, it seems they have no goal beyond adding more "stuff" be it features or mechs.
My personal opinion is that they should make mechs and modules much cheaper to buy, maybe even lower their prices by 50%. If people could buy more mechs they would spend more time playing them to get them to Elite and Master instead of grinding for hours to buy a single module.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Module prices are loving insane, i mean 6mil for radar derp?
Thats a decently outfitted medium/light.

Also not having to basic 3 chassis to get one to elite might help to get people into more mechs.

As would selling mechs for 5 bucks instead of 50.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Splatcat was good before they shrunk it into an adorable high explosive leprechaun so it should be really good now.

It's definitely fun. Given that I started with Catapults way back in the day, I'm enjoying it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Yolomon Wayne posted:

".....adjusted mech size to match their tonnage...."

And still a 65-ton catapult is roughly the size of a 35-ton firestarter?
Is the Catapult built of depleted uranium or something?

We compared the Shadowhawk and Phoenix Hawk side by side, two mechs that were described extremely similarly in the lore and other poo poo.. Shadowhawk is like two fuckin heads above the Phoenix, it's kinda nuts. The sizes for a lot of mechs is just pants on head retarded.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I haven't played in a while but is that firestarter catapult sized or if that catapult firestarter sized or something even more retarded

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I haven't played in a while but is that firestarter catapult sized or if that catapult firestarter sized or something even more retarded

The Catapult is Firestarter sized and the Firestarter is Catapult sized is an apt way to put it, yes.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

catapult got smaller, firestarter got taller i think.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Grasshopper is now skyscraper sized. The only way to take it down is to fly a plane into it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Inferno Gel can't melt endo-steel beams.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

The Grasshopper is now skyscraper sized. The only way to take it down is to fly a plane into it.

Id do nothing else all day long if reactor melting actually caused an explosion.
ou know, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEjoRQ0Cg8&t=125s

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Left: 35 ton mech

Right: 50 ton mech

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

Left: 35 ton mech

Right: 50 ton mech

70-ton tank.

30-ton truck.

size isnt everything.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jun 22, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Here is a 70-ton Grasshopper. If you look closely, you can see that it is standing in front of a 100-ton Atlas

The hopper is supposed to be tall and thin, not tall and fat

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This patch is basically the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Basically you should all be piloting assaults and mediums because lol if you took a heavy or light after everything got supersized.

• Locked thread