Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mikemo Tyson posted:

I'm level 60, item level 142 and am doing the MSQ. I'm in 3.2 and am gated by a dungeon requiring a 180 item level. What is the best way for me to get my gear level up? Do the 60 dungeons drop items or only the tomes?

Fister Roboto posted:

Buy a full set of crafted 220 gear.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Get friendly neighborhood crafters to make crafted 220 for you. What server are you on? I can cover rightsides, and I know someone who can make the leftsides if you're on Faerie, and if you're on Excal there will be goons lining up to help you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

How much does crafted 220 cost these days?

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
If you can't find a crafter, you can easily get Esoterics through Hunts. You can also do your daily Levelling, Level 50 and Trial roulettes to get a source of Eso, and after that you should spam the Level 60 dungeons you meet the requirements for. ARF grants the most Eso, but is also the longest and doesn't drop loot.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

vOv posted:

How much does crafted 220 cost these days?

Probably about 500k each? I'm not entirely sure what the prices are on Excalibur yet.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Then why the hell are people telling a fresh 60 to buy a set of it, goddamn.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

vOv posted:

Because the mats are way below 500k and any 3* crafter can make it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
And they probably won't need it HQ either, which also cuts into the price a bit.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

vOv posted:

Presumably they want the new person to buy the required eso parts themselves?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

vOv posted:

Because they asked for the fastest and best ways to gear up.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A fresh 60 can't afford 220 and anyone who tries to suggest they can is stupid as gently caress.

There is so much good in 3.3, but right now the gear progression is right proper hosed for fresh 60s.

And if this is supposed to be a catchup patch, why does the weapon still require 7 weeks of A8?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You can get as many 235 weapons as you want with a marginally competent PF group.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

And if this is supposed to be a catchup patch, why does the weapon still require 7 weeks of A8?
My money's on that getting relaxed somehow at the same time we can spend mhachi change to get the upgrade item for the weapons.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I farmed a ton of Eso and replaced all my green items when I hit lvl 60 and only took approx 1 week to hit ilvl reqs. So what's my next BLM upgrade path if I don't raid? Right now I'm farming Alex Midas normal for items to trade-in but it's pretty slow as I'll be waiting here for the next 5 weeks for my tome wep.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/am_mr_/status/745322707345039361

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What's the easiest crafting red scrip item these days, if I have all options available to me?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alder posted:

I farmed a ton of Eso and replaced all my green items when I hit lvl 60 and only took approx 1 week to hit ilvl reqs. So what's my next BLM upgrade path if I don't raid? Right now I'm farming Alex Midas normal for items to trade-in but it's pretty slow as I'll be waiting here for the next 5 weeks for my tome wep.

Lore gear and Mhach drops. Make some friends and join a Nidhogg party for a weapon.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I will be extremely disappointed if frodragon doesn't show up during a side quest, hopefully a new round of postmoogle ones

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Alder posted:

Pick one of spell speed or crit. Get as many pieces as possible with both on them, and then focus on your chosen stat as much as possible. Avoid det like the plague. Meld your chosen stat on everything you can, and the other one on everything you can't. Either respec and put a few points in piety, or meld one piety materia into some spare slot somewhere until you hit the Magic Threshold, it's a specific number that I can't recall right now.

e: You aren't raiding, so if you want to be casual trash like me, just stack as much spell speed and crit as possible and don't bother picking one. But it's statistically superior to stack one over the other rather than keeping them even due to how they scale.

e2: As a non-raider, you want to check out the lore/upgraded lore, mhach, prototype midan, and crafted 220 sets and pick and choose the best substats out of those as far as I'm aware. Off the top of my head, the lore ring and the crafted chest are real good.

Also, until this patch the relic was poo poo due to having det and no spell speed, but this patch lets you allocate your substats, so if you want to be super optimal, the relic is your best bet for max spellspeed and crit.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 22, 2016

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

kirbysuperstar posted:

What's the easiest crafting red scrip item these days, if I have all options available to me?

Easiest out of laziness is birch fishing rod. It requires the least amount of time spent crafting and gathering to put together. But it takes chimerical felt so you need to buy that or have a retainer get it for you. If you are unwilling to pay/acquire this felt in some way then noble's codex/gold.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Failboattootoot posted:

Easiest out of laziness is birch fishing rod. It requires the least amount of time spent crafting and gathering to put together. But it takes chimerical felt so you need to buy that or have a retainer get it for you. If you are unwilling to pay/acquire this felt in some way then noble's codex/gold.

Ah, the same as before then. Cheers.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

I will be extremely disappointed if frodragon doesn't show up during a side quest, hopefully a new round of postmoogle ones

That's a dragon by the moogle tribe with one of the dandelion mounts hovering in the correct position

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

Lore gear and Mhach drops. Make some friends and join a Nidhogg party for a weapon.

Thanks, I hope Weeping city got better :sigh:

Pick one of spell speed or crit. Get as many pieces as possible with both on them, and then focus on your chosen stat as much as possible. Avoid det like the plague. Meld your chosen stat on everything you can, and the other one on everything you can't. Either respec and put a few points in piety, or meld one piety materia into some spare slot somewhere until you hit the Magic Threshold, it's a specific number that I can't recall right now.

e: You aren't raiding, so if you want to be casual trash like me, just stack as much spell speed and crit as possible and don't bother picking one. But it's statistically superior to stack one over the other rather than keeping them even due to how they scale.

e2: As a non-raider, you want to check out the lore/upgraded lore, mhach, prototype midan, and crafted 220 sets and pick and choose the best substats out of those as far as I'm aware. Off the top of my head, the lore ring and the crafted chest are real good.

Also, until this patch the relic was poo poo due to having det and no spell speed, but this patch lets you allocate your substats, so if you want to be super optimal, the relic is your best bet for max spellspeed and crit.

Thanks, I'll go with SS since I might as well decide sooner than later. Umm I will skip the relic grind since just tired of farming for misc items so I never completed the Stardust Rod Atma.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

brokenknee posted:

That's a dragon by the moogle tribe with one of the dandelion mounts hovering in the correct position

Totally, that's just why am official frodragon needs top be added rather than just used

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The magic number is 264, IIRC. That lets you do your entire opener (I use Quelling > Sharpcast -> Ley Lines -> F3 on pull -> Enochian -> F1 -> Raging Strikes -> F4x3 -> F3 proc -> Swiftcast -> F4 -> Convert -> F4x2 -> B3 -> B4 -> T1) without having to wait for a mana tick. Dunesfolk Lalafell get there normally, everyone else has to either be in a party with an SCH or AST or allocate some points.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Mordiceius posted:

A fresh 60 can't afford 220 and anyone who tries to suggest they can is stupid as gently caress.

There is so much good in 3.3, but right now the gear progression is right proper hosed for fresh 60s.

I just checked the cost of mats for a full set of i220 rightside, and it comes in at just over 100k if you don't include tomestone mats.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't the quests from heavensward campaign give a huge amount of gil? I remember getting a lot of money just from leveling.

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

I just checked the cost of mats for a full set of i220 rightside, and it comes in at just over 100k if you don't include tomestone mats.

It is rather cheap if you arbitrarily exclude the most expensive part. It's not like a fresh 60 is going to be swimming in tomes and tomes are precious for regular players, those umbrite aren't going to buy themselves.

If I was leveling an alt I'd be selling HQ quest reward items and by the time I've finished I should be able to afford most i220. I doubt new players would figure this out and not use the gear themselves.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fishious posted:

It is rather cheap if you arbitrarily exclude the most expensive part. It's not like a fresh 60 is going to be swimming in tomes and tomes are precious for regular players, those umbrite aren't going to buy themselves.

If I was leveling an alt I'd be selling HQ quest reward items and by the time I've finished I should be able to afford most i220. I doubt new players would figure this out and not use the gear themselves.

Uh, every level 60 piece of content gives you a 50 esoterics bonus for first time completion. He should have more than enough.

Also you can only use at most half of what the HW quests give you. Remember one quest will give a melee piece and the next will give you the option of a ranged/caster/ healer piece.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
So my static's main tank did a primadonna emo quit before 3.3 landed and my static seems disinclined to look for a replacement so I offered to become the replacement main tank. I generally raid as scholar, but I have a paladin and my gear's okay but I haven't bothered to put in any materia because I didn't really raid as paladin and I'm lazy. What should I stick in there? I think it's strength on the right side, and crit on the left and if I can't crit, then det. Am I right? Also, what should my ACC be? I think it should be 600. Please tell me if I am right/wrong here. I just want to double check with some goons.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Can't help on accuracy, but yes you're right, it's str (preferably tier 5) rightside and crit > det leftside. Tier 4 is okay for leftside on a budget; det benefits more than crit from being bumped to tier 5.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Mordiceius posted:

How expensive are they on your server? they're not difficult to make and the mats can mostly be paid for with eso.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
BRDs who stayed the course, what are your opinions on the buffs? I'm considering farming up a bow and going back for a bit, since MCH/BRD equipment is shared this tier.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alder posted:

Thanks, I hope Weeping city got better :sigh:

People are figuring out how to beat it now. Ozma doesn't give the headache that he used to now. You should probably be fine.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

BRDs who stayed the course, what are your opinions on the buffs? I'm considering farming up a bow and going back for a bit, since MCH/BRD equipment is shared this tier.
I'm not a bleeding edge raider or anything but:
DPS buffs are nice for obvious reasons and the song cast-time buffs mean that they're not anywhere near as annoying to use. It's much less of a pain to start a new song during a fight and battle voice isn't as clunky to use anymore. Singing for TP and mana on demand is a lot less lovely in general. Other than that the class plays basically the same with better numbers.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

MohShuvuu posted:

How expensive are they on your server? they're not difficult to make and the mats can mostly be paid for with eso.

At current eso mat prices on Excalibur, it's about 450k for a chestpiece or pants, 300k for other leftside and 200k for each accessory/belt.

Irae
Nov 19, 2011
I'm not sure a fresh 60 can afford crafted 220 eikon gear, even buying eikon base components with esoterics, unless they have been religiously selling HQ quest rewards between 50 and 60. Just the gathered stuff to go with eikon costs somewhere between 10k and 70k for each piece of equipment, and they aren't the only additional material needed.

This is based on current Excalibur prices, mind.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Besides, if they're saving Eso for the mats, they might as well just go the whole hog and grind out Eso for the 200 set, then upgrade them periodically with Ex dungeon drops, Midas drops or Mhachi farthings. Sure, it's a grind, but Eso drops like candy these days, especially if you join a semi dedicated Hunting group.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe not full 220 but you should have about 1mil - 1,5mil on fresh 60 from leveling unless you've bought stupid poo poo. Then you run all available dungeons once, do roulettes for couple of days and boom up to date. Catching up is really easy in this game

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Brony Hunter posted:

Besides, if they're saving Eso for the mats, they might as well just go the whole hog and grind out Eso for the 200 set, then upgrade them periodically with Ex dungeon drops, Midas drops or Mhachi farthings. Sure, it's a grind, but Eso drops like candy these days, especially if you join a semi dedicated Hunting group.

This is a terrible idea. Eso gear is only 210 when upgraded, you'd need 3155 for the entire set, and you'd have to run Void Ark 11 times to upgrade it all. The 220 crafted gear only needs 1160 eso for materials (2900 if you want to splurge and get HQ materials, but that isn't even necessary). And you can always just buy the materials or get them from a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brony Hunter posted:

That's just a waste. The materials for the 220 stuff are like 40 or 80 a piece.

• Locked thread