Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Waaaaaitaminute : f4se has not been updated to the latest exe of fo4. so please yao gui that in mind, although silverlock is usually pretty quick with updates, right now nothing works with f4se requirements.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

staberind posted:

Waaaaaitaminute : f4se has not been updated to the latest exe of fo4. so please yao gui that in mind, although silverlock is usually pretty quick with updates, right now nothing works with f4se requirements.

It's been updated for weeks. They put the new patch for Contraptions out like 2 weeks ago, well before they launched the actual DLC. Same as they did for Fah Hahbah.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
http://f4se.silverlock.org/
Fallout 4 runtime 1.5.307 < supported by f4se
latest is Fallout 4 runtime 1.5.412.0 < for the uh, new dlc.
but hey, if it somehow works for you, that's awesome.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 21, 2016

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Normally F4SE will tell me it's out of date with the latest version of Fallout and I'll have to play without mods that use it until F4SE updates, but I installed Contraptions last night and all my mods that use it are working a-okay.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

7seven7 posted:

Normally F4SE will tell me it's out of date with the latest version of Fallout and I'll have to play without mods that use it until F4SE updates, but I installed Contraptions last night and all my mods that use it are working a-okay.

Yeah same here, I never got any kind of indication that they patched (again!) for no reason. Oh well. At least it's easy to roll back.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
1.5.4 is still beta.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Did they actually rev fallout.exe when they released contraptions? Doesn't seem like there is any reason to.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thats awesome, its my cockup then, Glad to be wrong!

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
They didn't. But if you ever opt into beta updates, steam will continue to update to the latest beta until you opt out.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seashell Salesman posted:

Did they actually rev fallout.exe when they released contraptions? Doesn't seem like there is any reason to.

gasman posted:

They didn't. But if you ever opt into beta updates, steam will continue to update to the latest beta until you opt out.

Yeah, I opted out ages ago, but it seems steam opted me right back in,
After some fiddling, Back to slightly less hosed exe, the beta was for worthless crap : beths modding junk.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 21, 2016

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Anyone using the We Are the Minutemen mod? It looks fantastic and I'm really big into developing the settlements and it would be great to have such a payoff.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Svanja posted:

Anyone using the We Are the Minutemen mod? It looks fantastic and I'm really big into developing the settlements and it would be great to have such a payoff.

I do, and it's pretty amazing to be engaging a group of super mutants or something and getting rolled up on by a squad of upgraded Minutemen for much needed backup.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

I do, and it's pretty amazing to be engaging a group of super mutants or something and getting rolled up on by a squad of upgraded Minutemen for much needed backup.

Yes, wonderful! That's the type of thing I was hoping for, thank you!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So here is another Hunting Revolver mod, only this one has a much better looking model rather than the slightly converted .44 from the game.

Also, do you dig the weird new looking Brotherhood fatigues and tech suits? wish they actually protected you? this mod tweaks those values of all BOS clothing and gear making them a lot more protective. Now if only somebody could retexture them to match the stuff from the previous games. Cheeto Orange, ugh.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SeanBeansShako posted:

So here is another Hunting Revolver mod, only this one has a much better looking model rather than the slightly converted .44 from the game.

Also, do you dig the weird new looking Brotherhood fatigues and tech suits? wish they actually protected you? this mod tweaks those values of all BOS clothing and gear making them a lot more protective. Now if only somebody could retexture them to match the stuff from the previous games. Cheeto Orange, ugh.

Bethesda has turned the BoS from the xenophobic teutonic order of Interplay's Fallout games into this weird techno lawful good thing I don't recognize or like. I wish there was a mod that made the BoS really mean again.

Also I wish there was a mod that made The Enclave a fleshed out faction FO4 because I'm a dumb fanboy.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So the new weapon racks are.... strange.

The Cryolator won't fit on any of the racks, and I needed to place it in its own glass display case instead of using the heavy weapon frame or the nice wall mounted options Beth gave us.

Okay, so they missed a rare weapon you can get 15 feet from where you start the game, okay, I can sort of understand.

But why the gently caress can't I mount any .44 revolvers?! I can fit a loving assault rifle with a huge fuckoff scope on the medium pegboards, but my dinky little .44s won't fit anywhere! OUTRAGED

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Otacon posted:

So the new weapon racks are.... strange.

The Cryolator won't fit on any of the racks, and I needed to place it in its own glass display case instead of using the heavy weapon frame or the nice wall mounted options Beth gave us.

Okay, so they missed a rare weapon you can get 15 feet from where you start the game, okay, I can sort of understand.

But why the gently caress can't I mount any .44 revolvers?! I can fit a loving assault rifle with a huge fuckoff scope on the medium pegboards, but my dinky little .44s won't fit anywhere! OUTRAGED

Interestingly the Cryolator is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game that has its own custom display case object.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

Interestingly the Cryolator is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game that has its own custom display case object.

You mean the one in Vault 111, not something I'm missing in my display case menu in settlement build mode?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Otacon posted:

You mean the one in Vault 111, not something I'm missing in my display case menu in settlement build mode?

I haven't checked if you can build it with Contraptions, I just mean there is a special case for it in the base game in Valut 111, yeah.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

What mod are those posters from? They look really good.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

7seven7 posted:

I think Homemaker adds those old-timey Colt/Remington posters. At least I have Homemaker installed and I have those posters somewhere in my build menu.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Bethesda has turned the BoS from the xenophobic teutonic order of Interplay's Fallout games into this weird techno lawful good thing I don't recognize or like. I wish there was a mod that made the BoS really mean again.

Also I wish there was a mod that made The Enclave a fleshed out faction FO4 because I'm a dumb fanboy.

The Enclave got utterly hosed over twice, once in FO2 and once in FO3. There's no way they're still around apart from maybe a couple of bunkers.

Honestly I think the BoS in FO4 is better than in FO3, and while it's definitely more appealing it's not like they're lawful good.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Kimsemus posted:

Didn't they retcon that as just how the leader of the DC BoS operates and their leader in Boston is just as assholish and xenophobic as the western branches? I never did their quests so I'm just going off of what I heard other people say about them.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I only ever sided with the railroad in my games. BOS and institute are homicidal psychopaths and minute men are ineffective wannabes. Shooting Shaun in the face never gets old.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

7seven7 posted:

Business Settlements http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6226/

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I wouldn't call Interplay's Brotherhood mean, if anything they were fairly benign; wiping out the Vipers, confronting the super mutant threat, etc.

It's more that they were insular as all get-out, with a few members who were assholes.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I remember reading about a mod that lets you craft vehicles and teleporters that let you fast travel between settlements. Can anyone link that?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^^ it's called immersive fast travel. On my phone so I can't link it

TerminalSaint posted:

I wouldn't call Interplay's Brotherhood mean, if anything they were fairly benign; wiping out the Vipers, confronting the super mutant threat, etc.

It's more that they were insular as all get-out, with a few members who were assholes.

Yeah, Fallout 4s brotherhood is way worse than other versions. I can't really reconcile "lawful good" with Elder "literally Hitler" Maxsom.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Thanks!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They kind of got the tone right with BoS but I don't understand why the gently caress they needed to mess with the nicely established gear and make some really ugly choices. ORANGE. ORANGE. I can deal with the scribes dorky new outdoor look but orange recon suits gently caress off.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone tried out the Rebuilt Prewar Houses Series? I thought the Power Armour cell reset bug was fixed, but these mods seem to indicate it hasn't.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Azhais posted:

Pretty much abandoned by the author, no? Last I checked it didn't work for far harbor settlements.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Azhais posted:

Thanks so much!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.Grit posted:

Pretty much abandoned by the author, no? Last I checked it didn't work for far harbor settlements.

Yeah, he hasn't posted in months. If you're looking for something for Far Harbor there's always the Dauntless

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14829/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ivPdvZpe8

He does warn that the mod will let you travel to Far Harbor before the quest is unlocked and doesn't know how that will break things, so use with caution in that regard I guess.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Azhais posted:

Yeah, he hasn't posted in months. If you're looking for something for Far Harbor there's always the Dauntless

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14829/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ivPdvZpe8

He does warn that the mod will let you travel to Far Harbor before the quest is unlocked and doesn't know how that will break things, so use with caution in that regard I guess.

That's pretty loving cool! At first I was like "why would I want this" then I watched that video.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

:aaaaa:

Link to the creator: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/1573725/?tb=images&pUp=1
Apparently he gets less than 10 fps with a 980 TI.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So are there any cool power armor mods? The only two I really saw on the nexus were one to add the midwestern power armor and one to add a weird protectron looking thing in, but nothing too super cool. I figure since I'm replaying this game I might as well load it up with as many mods as I can.

Also I tried the alternate start mod and entirely by accident skipped the whole "alternate" bit of it and it dumped me out in sanctuary. So hooray for that.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11017/

This one (X-02 enclave armour) is pretty drat incredible. Great mesh and solid textures and even a tesla version.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Raiders Revamped adds a power armor suit set that looks like the love child between the construction frame robot suit of Aliens and Raider power armor if you want a scrappy rough bastard look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Otacon posted:

Link to the creator: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/1573725/?tb=images&pUp=1
Apparently he gets less than 10 fps with a 980 TI.

That's nothing, I get less than 10 just by staring at an interior light source.