Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Ratzap posted:

There are a lot of good reasons to leave the EU but this whole brexit thing has turned into a racist shitstorm.

It's pretty awesome misdirection. It's kinda like stealing someone's wallet and then just as you get caught you should "Oh my god, that man just called that other man a n***er" and then skulking off as the crowd erupts into a mass brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Junior Jr. posted:

as requested by A ILL BREAKFAST

wait so why would black people all want to stay in the eu?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

RobattoJesus posted:

It's pretty awesome misdirection. It's kinda like stealing someone's wallet and then just as you get caught you should "Oh my god, that man just called that other man a n***er" and then skulking off as the crowd erupts into a mass brawl.

as with most functional things in britain, they stole this from america

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
personally I think immigration is a problem in Britain but its more of a problem that if you ever say that you get called a racist when it has nothing to do with race

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Gorfob posted:

I hope the UK leaves the EU. Then Scotland leaves the UK and joins the EU as a "gently caress you".

I doubt it, Scottish people are so notoriously cheap that we have a picture of one on our official canadian currency.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Gorfob posted:

I hope the UK leaves the EU. Then Scotland leaves the UK and joins the EU as a "gently caress you".

The perfect scenario would be this except the EU decides that Scotland is less desirable than Turkey and won't let them in.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RobattoJesus posted:

The perfect scenario would be this except the EU decides that Scotland is less desirable than Turkey and won't let them in.

they should have never given back the Stone of Destiny, now scotland can crown their own kings again!

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

They'd give Scotland a list of things to change as requirements for joining like Turkey got. Item one would be letting women play golf, at which the Scots would abandon the idea of joining.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Nope.

We are leaving.

I will stake my SA account on that.

Me included

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
EU wants financial accountability and would democratically destroy the last industry in the uk - financial exploitation

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

The Dregs posted:

Just read the OP, but why the hell would you have to pay 250 million spacebucks a week to be in the EU? That's nuts. Does every country have to pay that? Greece can't afford 20 bucks for gas.

Here is something that may be of interest. Countries that put into the EU vs those that take out.

Out of 27 member states only 11 put into it. The rest take all our tax money.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 22, 2016

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Here is something that may be of interest. Countries that put into the EU vs those that take out.

You mean my money helps people other than myself?

What a shame!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

it'll be fun to watch the german peoples reaction once they have to foot the lions share of the bill to maintain their little empire

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
the EU is basically a tax to prevent another world war

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Bitter Mushroom posted:

the EU is basically a tax to prevent another world war

greece is playing the long game getting all the free military money

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

You mean my money helps people other than myself?

What a shame!

If the money went to the citizens that would be fine but the Greek money is going to repay German bankers who lent them money.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Seems like if you got rid of Greece, Poland, and maybe Spain, the EU would be doing fantastic.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

RobattoJesus posted:

If the money went to the citizens that would be fine but the Greek money is going to repay German bankers who lent them money.

Let's discuss this in the EU thread in D&D.
Actually let's not because all the arguments we could possibly muster have already been made.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Rutibex posted:

it'll be fun to watch the german peoples reaction once they have to foot the lions share of the bill to maintain their little empire

Uh, according to that chart Germany's doing that already.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
just divide eu by religion

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Let's discuss this in the EU thread in D&D.
Actually let's not because all the arguments we could possibly muster have already been made.

I would rather my dick brexited my body than post in D&D

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

vols bitch posted:

greece is playing the long game getting all the free military money

if greece invades turkey i'm all for paying for it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems like if you got rid of Greece, Poland, and maybe Spain, the EU would be doing fantastic.

may as well kick them out, what are they going to do about it join the soviet union?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
What amazes me is that polling has like a 45-45 split on the financial times site while betting markets are -350ish to remain. Can anyone explain the disconnect?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I will celebrate the results with the new documentary video game coming out. You play as a real citizen of the UK, and it's a great way to understand the plight of the english. We happy few!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
can't wait to see how badly retard Cameron sabotages europe

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

rezatahs posted:

basically do the opposite of whatever the royals think

then cut their heads off because lol you still have royals

What do the royals think?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Edgar posted:

I will celebrate the results with the new documentary video game coming out. You play as a real citizen of the UK, and it's a great way to understand the plight of the english. We happy few!

does it feature pig loving parties at Oxford

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

What amazes me is that polling has a 42-42 split while betting markets are -350ish to remain. Can anyone explain the disconnect?

Yes, British people are fundamentally cowards who talk big but in the end will always vote for the status quo.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Rutibex posted:

I think the Germans consider easy access to hot polish and Iberian women a boon

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

What amazes me is that polling has like a 45-45 split on the financial times site while betting markets are -350ish to remain. Can anyone explain the disconnect?

Political bets aren't necessarily sensible.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I would like to see a similar graph that shows how American states stack up.

Love,
Vitalis

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

RobattoJesus posted:

Yes, British people are fundamentally cowards who talk big but in the end will always vote for the status quo.

That's what I assumed, it's just a huge disconnect. It's pretty amazing it's as close as it is right now. Hard to believe so many people would willingly take an economic poison pill

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I would like to see a similar graph that shows how American states stack up.

Love,
Vitalis

What would be the analogy? Mississippixit? Alabamxit?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Let me lay some truth on you fine folks. Any union is doomed to fail without a political union. The European Union cannot work unless the individual countries give up their sovereignty to a central government. Because people are racist and tribal this can usually only be done by force.

2. Britain lost WW2. The only winners were USA and USSR. Britain will never again be a relevant power and needs to accept this.

There is only one solution. The US, Britain, Canada, Australia and NZ join into an Anglo Union with a common currency and Washington in charge, with regional governors in London, Toronto, etc. Buy out the local elites like the royal family, and divide up the other English speaking countries into new American states. The population will bitch, but being dominated by white english speakers in Washington will be more acceptable then dealing with the Germans, French, Turks, Poles, etc. From there a United America can conquer the earth. It's the only path to a glorious one world government.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

That's what I assumed, it's just a huge disconnect. It's pretty amazing it's as close as it is right now. Hard to believe so many people would willingly take an economic poison pill

yeah, its crazy that people want to chain themselves to the sinking ship that is the EU, i dont get it either :shrug:

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

There is only one solution. The US, Britain, Canada, Australia and NZ join into an Anglo Union with a common currency and Washington in charge, with regional governors in London, Toronto, etc. Buy out the local elites like the royal family, and divide up the other English speaking countries into new American states. The population will bitch, but being dominated by white english speakers in Washington will be more acceptable then dealing with the Germans, French, Turks, Poles, etc. From there a United America can conquer the earth. It's the only path to a glorious one world government.

:D though i think you yanks might need to get on board with the queen if you want this to work. your out numbered

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 22, 2016

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Oscar Wild posted:

What would be the analogy? Mississippixit? Alabamxit?

Texit, probably.

Love,
Vitalis

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Vitalis Jackson posted:

Texit, probably.

Love,
Vitalis

You're right. Resource rich state with xenophobic culture wishes to leave. Mississippi or Alabama would be more like a Greece exit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

All the people that want to leave the EU should probably just do it, most of them have probably never been on a plane before so it'll be an adventure!

"I loving HATE EUROPE!" *has never been anywhere more than 3 hours drive from home*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

88h88 posted:

All the people that want to leave the EU should probably just do it, most of them have probably never been on a plane before so it'll be an adventure!

"I loving HATE EUROPE!" *has never been anywhere more than 3 hours drive from home*

i'm literally living on the other side of the world tho

• Locked thread