Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine
Why is sonic being mean to this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Revenants Return posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQv90TfXrI

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

XK posted:

MegaMan went to poo poo immediately after the NES era. I owned 1 and 2, and remember enjoying the 3rd. I rented the first "X" release in the 90s and thought it sucked within minutes.

It's a property that belongs to be left in pre 1995.

Stop being wrong. X 1-3 are great.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

best megaman

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Revenants Return posted:

Sonic and Mega Man have had something of a relationship of late with comic crossovers, a shared Smash Bros. appearance, and even a Sega survey asking about the two characters interacting. So considering how big of a deal this game was and its obvious Mega Man roots the Sonic Twitter has had a bit of fun being a snarky rear end, as Sonic himself is wont to do.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I cant wait for Shenmue 3 to be a huge pile of rear end

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the vast majority of actually funded professional studio games are poo poo lol what did people expect

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im backing a reboot of international track and field for psx

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Sonics twitter is loving savage

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I literally can't understand how a person can take all the insane bullshit surrounding this game over the last three years and choose to focus on the tepid, inane, ancillary culture war part. Hang yourselves

if people had focused a little harder on that particular canary in the coal mine (the developers hired one of their girlfriends to be the public spokesman for the project despite the fact that she had no experience in the role and had never played a mega man) then a lot of kickstarter dollars might have been saved

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Internaut! posted:

if people had focused a little harder on that particular canary in the coal mine (the developers hired one of their girlfriends to be the public spokesman for the project despite the fact that she had no experience in the role and had never played a mega man) then a lot of kickstarter dollars might have been saved

trap sprung, bitch

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

BeefThief posted:

the game looks like poo poo...they couldn't possibly have spent all the money on it, could they? like, they just spent 40k to have some malaysians throw something together and pocketed the rest, right?

Its because they wanted to port the game to every single console under the sun instead of focusing on like one or two platforms. And have them all come out on the same release date. With all the same features.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Guy Mann posted:

trap sprung, bitch

Gendered insults are a sign of internalized misogyny.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
is this the game where they were all like 'it's mega man but with a female protagonist now' and that was like all they talked about

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Milky Moor posted:

is this the game where they were all like 'it's mega man but with a female protagonist now' and that was like all they talked about

That was one of the stretch goals iirc and tho they got the funding I don't think she's playable lol

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

cool of them 2 make a new n64 game tho

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Milky Moor posted:

No it's the game where they were all like "it's mega man, but there's a girl moderating our internet forums" and that was all gamers talked about

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Keg posted:

No it's the game where they were all like "it's mega man, but there's a girl moderating our internet forums" and that was all gamers talked about

Fourteen year old boys being fourteen year old boys (whereby the most pertinent topic is chicks) aside, if the below info is correct then it should be no surprise to anyone that she was constantly spoken about. Nor should she be rescued and spared from that. If I was a mega man mega fan, I'd probably be pissed off at the girl too.

Internaut! posted:

(the developers hired one of their girlfriends to be the public spokesman for the project despite the fact that she had no experience in the role and had never played a mega man)

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

yes the real problem here is that a video game company hired a woman

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
we will expose the nepotic corruption latent to the community manager industry

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Nerds were afraid that because a f-f-female was running the Twitter that the game would have some kind of man erasure going on, right?

Oh god I hope my Shenmue 3 money isn't being wasted...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gutcruncher posted:

Nerds were afraid that because a f-f-female was running the Twitter that the game would have some kind of man erasure going on, right?

Oh god I hope my Shenmue 3 money isn't being wasted...

The original Shenmue was ostensibly one of the biggest wastes of money in all gaming and I loved it, so I hope Yuji Naka wastes a hundred million more dollars on animating collectible baubles.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The original Shenmue was ostensibly one of the biggest wastes of money in all gaming and I loved it, so I hope Yuji Naka wastes a hundred million more dollars on animating collectible baubles.

didnt they only get like 3 mil or something

how are you gonna make a shenmue game with that

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
they should hire SWERY so that he can just come up with pointless esoteric features just to enhance immersion

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Parallax Scroll posted:

didnt they only get like 3 mil or something

how are you gonna make a shenmue game with that

I think they made a deal with Sony where they would match whatever they got from the kickstarter. Still that doesn't sound like a whole lot of money, probably barely enough to cover VA costs for sailor-related dialogue.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I watched a youtube of this and it was jerking and jittering despite looking like a PS1 game

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Berious posted:

I watched a youtube of this and it was jerking and jittering despite looking like a PS1 game

it is optimized very poorly

it runs fine on my ps3 but people say it stutters on ps4 and crawls on Wii u and pc

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
reminder:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
in all fairness Minecraft Skin is probably the best way to attract kids-these-days

its just that the Retro Hero name invokes anger

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Revenants Return posted:

You know how most GBS goons are a bunch of bitter 30-something IT dweebs with no real accomplishments in life so they bitterly insult the lowest of the low people so they can assure themselves "well I may be useless but I'm not fat/poor/virgin/whatever else GBS likes to make fun of"?

It's the same idea but for video games. Sonic games finally aren't the absolute bottom of the trash pile and they're going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

You know how most GBS goons are a bunch of bitter 30-something IT dweebs with no real accomplishments in life so they bitterly insult the lowest of the low people so they can assure themselves "well I may be useless but I'm not fat/poor/virgin/whatever else GBS likes to make fun of"?

It's the same idea but for video games. Sonic games finally aren't the absolute bottom of the trash pile and they're going to enjoy it while it lasts.

ah, so basically what you're doing here?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Germstore posted:

ah, so basically what you're doing here?

Yeah :q:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol first i'm 50 something second i had okay sex a good handful of time

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm glad this game failed. Hopefully the schadenfreude fallout from this will be enough to sustain me until the inevitable Star Citizen implosion.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i don't think i should have gotten this game

i haven't played mighty no 1-8 so the deep plot is going right over my head

:(

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

Fourteen year old boys being fourteen year old boys (whereby the most pertinent topic is chicks) aside, if the below info is correct then it should be no surprise to anyone that she was constantly spoken about. Nor should she be rescued and spared from that. If I was a mega man mega fan, I'd probably be pissed off at the girl too.

Even with all the dumb bullshit she said, nothing beats her Magnum Opus. I understand the appeal of rule63, but at least make your attempt at chicking up a protag nice to look at. No one turns a dude into a chick because they want an ugly chick.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

reminder:

Minecraft is retro now??

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Wee Stubby Nublet posted:

If I was a mega man mega fan, I'd probably be pissed off at the girl too.

Why?

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Twelve Batmans posted:

Even with all the dumb bullshit she said, nothing beats her Magnum Opus. I understand the appeal of rule63, but at least make your attempt at chicking up a protag nice to look at. No one turns a dude into a chick because they want an ugly chick.

Was the girl unqualified to tweet developer updates because she isn't very good at drawing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

notZaar posted:

Minecraft is retro now??

Retro has ceased to mean 'old' and has become shorthand for 'hideous'.

• Locked thread