Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
britain can go gently caress right the hell off up my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not only do I hope they stay in the EU, but I hope they ramp up immigration by 10,000% and force you to live with refugees and treat them like actual human beings.

It probably kills you to realize that curries are the best "British" food :ssh:

If Britain leaves the EU they will have the right to deport hate preachers like Tramadol Junkie to Iraq where they belong.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

jBrereton posted:

I can't believe I'm hearing that a referendum where nothing of any value was addressed and both campaigns were led by men from the same political party might not bring closure to an issue that will never go away.

Basically this referendum is about as important as who is best, Alliance or Horde.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgVIQWItFE8

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

if literally the worst (and most solidly backed up) part of the argument is that "Europe's gonna be real mad and is gonna hurt you on purpose" , I'm not sure that Brits should fall for that. It doesn't set a good precedent

Might be the worst part of the argument, but it's true. Britain's agency is limited.

Woden
May 6, 2006

RobattoJesus posted:

If Britain leaves the EU they will have the right to deport hate preachers like Tramadol Junkie to Iraq where they belong.

Bit of a sticky wicket this Brexit.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Like Turkey joining the EU and flooding civilized countries with religious fundamentalists is certainly a worrying prospect but considering the level of slyness we're dealing with here I don't think a potential brexit is going to stop them from coming. Turkey even has Germany licking their boots so what hope does Britain really have in this matter?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RobattoJesus posted:

I think he is a far left liberal protest account. He is too much of a caricature of a neo nazi to be real.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

kikkelivelho posted:

Like Turkey joining the EU and flooding civilized countries with religious fundamentalists is certainly a worrying prospect but considering the level of slyness we're dealing with here I don't think a potential brexit is going to stop them from coming. Turkey even has Germany licking their boots so what hope does Britain really have in this matter?

Well, Germany did declare that the Armenian Genocide was, in fact, a genocide to the chagrin of Turkey. Doesn't really change much about the fact that Germany still readily capitulates to Turkey, especially recently, but it's at least something.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Brexit is a stupid loving word and I hope whoever made it popular gets stuffed in a locker.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

kikkelivelho posted:

What are the Brits going to do about it? Either they willingly give control to the EU or they have a useless rebellion and get hosed by the EU anyway. Maybe they should've thought about that when they still had the ability to change things. This vote is like the 2016 version of the Greek exit vote.

I guess they are thinking that it's better to maybe be hosed instead of definitely being hosed, albeit possibly at a slower rate?

also couldn't it work the other way too? the EU can't just ignore the UK, they will have to deal with each other one way or the other. maybe the EU gets all butthurt and tries to punish the UK but how long could that last? It might be worth it to avoid having neoliberal Germans turn your country into America

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Not only do I hope they stay in the EU, but I hope they ramp up immigration by 10,000% and force you to live with refugees and treat them like actual human beings.

It probably kills you to realize that curries are the best "British" food :ssh:

Rapefugees & Muslims are not human, they are an underdeveloped low-IQ sub-human specie that are still living in the 6th century like crude, vile, envious illiterates!

I am an Islamophobe and I知 proud of it.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What does Britain have to offer the rest of the world?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Rapefugees & Muslims are not human, they are an underdeveloped low-IQ sub-human specie that are still living in the 6th century like crude, vile, envious illiterates!

I am an Islamophobe and I知 proud of it. .

While there are reasons to limit immigration or focus on domestic issues first and foremost, this sort of phrasing certainly doesn't help generate support for either of those things.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Persians are way hotter than pasty Brits though.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Toadvine posted:

Youtube videos with sarcastic voice overs

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

yeah the EU can't exactly afford to lose the UK

for a system like that to work, it can't be made up of only germany and a buch of beaten, exploited third world vassals

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

I am an imbecile and I知 proud of it.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Toadvine posted:

david mitchel

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

yeah the EU can't exactly afford to lose the UK

for a system like that to work, it can't be made up of only germany and a buch of beaten, exploited third world vassals

I wouldn't say France is that bad yet!

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roylicious posted:

Persians are way hotter than pasty Brits though.

Why do the most backwards shithole countries always have the hottest women. :(

Ugly broads is the curse of civilization I suppose.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Toadvine posted:

milo yiannopoulos

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Can't you just say racist? I kinda like the Christopher Hitchens quote that Islamophobia is a term made up by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons, but you're kinda ruining that by actually being a racist.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Fire Barrel posted:

I wouldn't say France is that bad yet!

they're well on their way

germany is basically the only solvent EU nation

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tuxedo Gin posted:

david mitchel

The author or the comedian?

The author is good, but the comedian is kinda bad.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Tramadol Junkie posted:

While I do agree with you in the sense that cultures based on islam are highly problematic, such controversial language is only going to hurt the cause.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

RobattoJesus posted:

Can't you just say racist? I kinda like the Christopher Hitchens quote that Islamophobia is a term made up by fascists and used by cowards to manipulate morons, but you're kinda ruining that by actually being a racist.

I am not going to associate myself with a term coined by that Marxist Jew Leon Trotsky.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

RobattoJesus posted:

The author or the comedian?

The author is good, but the comedian is kinda bad.

please do not insult britains culture of the same 10 comedians showing up on dozens of different panel shows every week

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

reallivedinosaur posted:

I doubt it, Scottish people are so notoriously cheap that we have a picture of one on our official canadian currency.

I want fruit flavored money

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tuxedo Gin posted:

please do not insult britains culture of the same 10 comedians showing up on dozens of different panel shows every week

Our comedians are 2nd only to bankers and royalty when it comes to wealth.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I can't believe people are legitimately arguing for the EU as a way of virtue signalling. Well I can't believe it because I've heard way dumber poo poo, but the truth is the EU has been doomed from the start.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tramadol Junkie posted:

I am not going to associate myself with a term coined by that Marxist Jew Leon Trotsky.

What about white supremacist? Can I offer you white supremacist?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

spud posted:

Our comedians are 2nd only to bankers and royalty when it comes to wealth.

should just execute the royals and give their property and wealth to david mitchel, stephen fry, jimmy carr, and the other guys that are on tv 40-60 hours a week

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

RobattoJesus posted:

What about white supremacist? Can I offer you white supremacist?

No. I am an Alt-Right White Nationalist.

Supremacy denotes domination over others. Nationalism advocates separation from others.

I don't want to rule others of a different race. I want my country to be inhabited and run by white native Brits with no outside influence.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tuxedo Gin posted:

should just execute the royals and give their property and wealth to david mitchel, stephen fry, jimmy carr, and the other guys that are on tv 40-60 hours a week

I like how Jimmy Carr actually manages to get laughs from the fact that he's a tax dodger. *does Jimmy Carr laugh that sounds like a seal drowning in an airlock*

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

RobattoJesus posted:

Islam isn't a race, it's a religion. Religions are entirely voluntary. It's OK to be critical of people for the associations that they make voluntarily.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Supremacy denotes domination over others. Nationalism advocates separation from others.

I don't want to rule others of a different race. I want my country to be inhabited and run by white native Brits with no outside influence.

Kind of lost that as an option well before the Europe was really a thing, let alone the EU.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

City of Tampa posted:

Islam isn't a race, it's a religion. Religions are entirely voluntary. It's OK to be critical of people for the associations that they make voluntarily.

Islam is not a religion, it's a political movement that uses a prophet to advance its agenda of global conquest.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Your mental illness is showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Tramadol Junkie posted:

white native Brits

Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, Danes, Normans, Franks? Picts? Maybe the Celts?

Who do you mean exactly?

• Locked thread