Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Tramadol Junkie posted:

it's a political movement that uses a prophet to advance its agenda of global conquest.

yeah like I said it's a religion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Roylicious posted:

Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, Danes, Normans, Franks? Picts? Maybe the Celts?

Who do you mean exactly?

Hell, even into the 18th century you had Brits being led, at times, by people born outside of Britain!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Tramadol Junkie posted:

No. I am an Alt-Right White Nationalist.

Supremacy denotes domination over others. Nationalism advocates separation from others.

I don't want to rule others of a different race. I want my country to be inhabited and run by white native Brits with no outside influence.

Does the alt-right bit just mean you like memes?

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Roylicious posted:

Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Frisians, Danes, Normans, Franks? Picts? Maybe the Celts?

Who do you mean exactly?

Aryans!

Anybody of Anglo-Saxon, Germanic, Nordic, Basque, Lombard or Celtic origin.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Roylicious posted:

Who do you mean exactly?

don't be dense. he means the people who call themselves "british" when you ask what they are

like real "americans" vs. "italian-americans, irish-americans"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Aryans!

What about Poles? They are white.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

RobattoJesus posted:

Does the alt-right bit just mean you like memes?

I am a big fan of Andrew Anglin.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Real talk limeys, what's the big reason for staying?

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

spud posted:

What about Poles? They are white.

Most White Nationalistic groups now accept Slavs as white Aryans but they belong in Eastern Europe not in Britain.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

George Zimmer posted:

Fear

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

ghlbtsk posted:

In the modern age of clever word combinations, 'Brexit' is officially the laziest and most nonsensical one out there.
The whole point is to merge two words in such a way that an explanation is unnecessary (i.e. mansplaining).
If the two words don't rhyme or share a syllable or have anything in common at all you don't just brainlessly smoosh them together.

The Leave faction ought to be punished for this grievous offence by being forced to buy Natalie Portman a manor house in France, as well as the responsibility of naming it.
Maybe then they will learn how to generate an actual portmanteau.

Howabout UKucked

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

George Zimmer posted:

I like my vegetables to be of a consistent size and shape.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

RVWinkle posted:

Howabout UKucked

how about Nobody UKares

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Aryans!

So what you want is for Britain to return to its 1st century population. Meaning, by your own admission, a potential Islamic takeover (lol) would be a literal improvement of about five centuries.

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Rapefugees & Muslims are not human, they are an underdeveloped low-IQ sub-human specie that are still living in the 6th century like crude, vile, envious illiterates!

Realtalk, what form of autism do you have and why haven't you just joined stormwatch already?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm in favor of whichever option leads to another war with the Argies.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Tuxedo Gin posted:

don't be dense. he means the people who call themselves "british" when you ask what they are

like real "americans" vs. "italian-americans, irish-americans"

So if my fam immigrated from W Europe and I grew up in the USA I can call myself 'American' but if someone is brown and does the same they're actually 'Somethingelse-American' and lesser citizens?

lmao

Tramadol Junkie posted:

What %? What if they are half Germanic half Italian? 3/4 Anglo-Saxon and 1/4 Persian?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Hmm

Taxation without representation.
How does it feel, Britain? Time for a schnitzel party?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tramadol Junkie posted:

No. I am an Alt-Right White Nationalist.

Supremacy denotes domination over others. Nationalism advocates separation from others.

I don't want to rule others of a different race. I want my country to be inhabited and run by white native Brits with no outside influence.

Your post history seems to indicate you are, in fact, pretty god drat racist though.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Roylicious posted:

So if my fam immigrated from W Europe and I grew up in the USA I can call myself 'American' but if someone is brown and does the same they're actually 'Somethingelse-American' and lesser citizens?

if you are white and have no accent, yeah, you can be a real american. just don't have any weird habits that give you away.

Roylicious posted:

What %? What if they are half Germanic half Italian? 3/4 Anglo-Saxon and 1/4 Persian?

one drop rule, enforced by assumption. if you can't hide your foreignness, then you are a foreigner

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Realtalk, what form of autism do you have and why haven't you just joined stormwatch already?

There is nothing wrong with me mentally.

I am a member of Stormfront, Daily Stormer and Vanguard News Network.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Roylicious posted:

Tainted and not White Aryan.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
realtalk: why does anyone let the Germans decide or influence anything?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
marmalade is gross

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I will say that it's a funny position for ultra-conservatives to be in: on the one hand they want to leave the EU because nationalism/economy/taxes/whatever but if they leave they British multinationals will lose out on 100s of billions in tax breaks from being in the EU and the UK government will be free to go into whatever debt and deficit spending it wants, kinda the exact opposite of what they normally advocate economically.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

they have the only functioning economy in europe

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Is there anything you won't say, other than nothing? gently caress sakes.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

jBrereton posted:

Is there anything you won't say, other than nothing? gently caress sakes.

You don't think it's funny that because of some empty nationalist referendum all the conservatives and liberals are advocating the opposite of what they would normally be wanting?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Roylicious posted:

You don't think it's funny that because of some empty nationalist referendum all the conservatives and liberals are advocating the opposite of what they would normally be wanting?

I think the problem is you have a larger collection of straw-men than an EU subsidised grain farmer.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

diarreah is funny

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Roylicious posted:

lmao

Nationalistic as it sounds, I think if people live in a country and respect said country's laws/culture and adhere to those they should be able to call themselves "X-nationality" without any qualifiers (unless, obviously, someone is asking about ancestry or something like that). Also, demanding that a country bend to narrow minded demands and be ruled by religious laws, old cultural practices (foreign or otherwise), or highly exclusionary policies based on race/gender/etc... is stupid and harmful to a country's continued success. Basically that sort of stuff is the opposite of what you'd want to do if you want to see a country succeed or if you say you're trying to actively assimilate with a country.

Also, you may want to look at your country's history Tramadol Junkie. Not quite as insulated from outside influence as you seem to think. That sort of exceptionalism use to be one of the issues in English/British historiography. Being on an island did impact cultural and political exchanges, but it was not quite so closed off.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Roylicious posted:

There are people from every party and every place on the political spectrum on each side of the referendum apart from maybe the lib dems who are a loving irrelevance anyway, hope that helps your understanding of a topic you've been incessantly but ignorantly weighing in on for post after post after interminable post.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

City of Tampa posted:

The last time we didn't let them didn't end too well.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

RobattoJesus posted:

I think the problem is you have a larger collection of straw-men than an EU subsidised grain farmer.

How is that a straw man?

If UK leaves, they lose billions in corporate tax cuts (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-22/brexit-risks-losing-corporate-tax-break-worth-billions-in-u-k) and lose the EU ceiling on deficit spending and debt.

If UK stays, corporate tax cuts and curbs on deficit spending remain.

But, the conservatives want the UK to leave and the libs want the UK to stay.

jBrereton posted:

There are people from every party and every place on the political spectrum on each side of the referendum apart from maybe the lib dems who are a loving irrelevance anyway, hope that helps your understanding of a topic you've been incessantly but ignorantly weighing in on for post after post after interminable post.

Pff yeah just so happens to be divided 50/50 between racists and not racists.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

City of Tampa posted:

Here's an educational video on that topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8P80A8vy9I

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
roylicious googles her opinions in real time and picks the most "moral" one. hope this pro tip helps while arguing with her.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

quote:

the conservatives want the UK to leave
The conservative party is the main official backer of both the Stay and Leave campaigns.

David Cameron, pig loving PM, is putting forward a case for the UK to stay in the EU. This is backed by the (Conservative) government's treasury and much of the economically conservative world.

Boris Johnson, pretend oaf and Tory, is putting forward a case for the UK to leave.

This is really simple stuff.

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Roylicious posted:

How is that a straw man?

If UK leaves, they lose billions in corporate tax cuts (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-22/brexit-risks-losing-corporate-tax-break-worth-billions-in-u-k) and lose the EU ceiling on deficit spending and debt.

If UK stays, corporate tax cuts and curbs on deficit spending remain.

But, the conservatives want the UK to leave and the libs want the UK to stay.

Today I learned David Cameron and George Osborne are liberals in disguise. :ohdear:

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

jBrereton posted:

The conservative party is the main official backer of both the Stay and Leave campaigns.

David Cameron, pig loving PM, is putting forward a case for the UK to stay in the EU. This is backed by the (Conservative) government's treasury and much of the economically conservative world.

Boris Johnson, pretend oaf and Tory, is putting forward a case for the UK to leave.

This is really simple stuff.

Fair enough. I admit I don't know a ton about UK politics but at the same time you guys are like basically 1 biggish US state so who cares? I just like to make fun of the UK for the pig loving and pedo rings.

reallivedinosaur posted:

roylicious googles her opinions in real time and picks the most "moral" one. hope this pro tip helps while arguing with her.

I just double check things before I post them most of the time so I don't end up sounding like a dumbass (like I just did :) )

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i googled "roylicious is insightful and has her own unique judgement and is interesting to interact with" and got 0 results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

reallivedinosaur posted:

i googled "roylicious is insightful and has her own unique judgement and is interesting to interact with" and got 0 results

Hey at least I'm not a bitter 38 year old white man who tries to chalk up his failures to Tumblr and clouds in the sky.

• Locked thread