Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
"Who's kid is this? Who would let their kid see this?!"

That nailed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Challenger disaster "Strike" animation on the scoreboard was magnificent.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gonz posted:

The Challenger disaster "Strike" animation on the scoreboard was magnificent.

I want more tragic moments in history depicted with bowling pins.

PotatoJudge posted:

Passive agressive - under her breath insulting Francine rules

She really does.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Im not going to lie. The discussion about reused plots makes me realize i hate this shows plots and only enjoy the surrealist elements, roger, and principal lewis. I could do without most of this cast who when they get a story it serves to keep the show pretty grounded. Francine is nearly always a prop or always a straight man and Steve's thing of being the most punchable kid and son ever is barely excused by his pop ballass. American dad needs neither. prop characters beyond roger in a wig or any fake loving people keeping this show from losing its god damned mind!!!! Give me roger drugging steve who time travelled by reading a pamphlet and taking a nap where he is drugged and becomes the woman in the painting he obsessed over. Or just make Raptures Delight again! Do it constantly! Cancel the show and syndicate 100 recolorings and edits of that one episode. It isn't that surreal but it is basically a john carpenter short so it rules anyway. And its the best thing AD ever did. I dont need another b side about stan and francines marriage if it doesnt somehow involve principal lewis beating the poo poo out of a kid then laughing like a maniac.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hemophilia posted:

Francine is nearly always a prop or always a straight man

this isn't true

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I wish there had a few more of those strike animations, those were golden.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hemophilia posted:

Im not going to lie. The discussion about reused plots makes me realize i hate this shows plots and only enjoy the surrealist elements, roger, and principal lewis. I could do without most of this cast who when they get a story it serves to keep the show pretty grounded. Francine is nearly always a prop or always a straight man and Steve's thing of being the most punchable kid and son ever is barely excused by his pop ballass. American dad needs neither. prop characters beyond roger in a wig or any fake loving people keeping this show from losing its god damned mind!!!! Give me roger drugging steve who time travelled by reading a pamphlet and taking a nap where he is drugged and becomes the woman in the painting he obsessed over. Or just make Raptures Delight again! Do it constantly! Cancel the show and syndicate 100 recolorings and edits of that one episode. It isn't that surreal but it is basically a john carpenter short so it rules anyway. And its the best thing AD ever did. I dont need another b side about stan and francines marriage if it doesnt somehow involve principal lewis beating the poo poo out of a kid then laughing like a maniac.

nice meltdown

that was a good episode

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

TheFattestPat posted:

No kidding, they were great. Last place I went bowling still had CRTs in the ceiling and the animations were from the early 90s

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

TheFattestPat posted:

I was saying the same thing...great tragedies in American history as told by bowling pins

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's a show called Teenage Newlyweds that's airing at the moment, and if they ever need to make a live action episode one of the guys is definitely a contender for Steve.

Also next week appears to be the season finale, so hopefully will be insane.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

EL BROMANCE posted:

Standard Deviation

In order to avoid being sent on a suicide mission, Stan learns how to become a DJ to beat Bullock in a DJ battle. Jeff takes up drinking psychedelic teas and Roger helps him.

How can it not be insane?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mister Kingdom posted:

Standard Deviation

In order to avoid being sent on a suicide mission, Stan learns how to become a DJ to beat Bullock in a DJ battle. Jeff takes up drinking psychedelic teas and Roger helps him.

poo poo, I want to watch this NOW

Jeff and Roger are a good pair

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Brawnfire posted:

poo poo, I want to watch this NOW

Jeff and Roger are a good pair

Gotta be careful walking home alone at night never know what's going to happen

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

6-year plan man posted:

Gotta be careful walking home alone at night never know what's going to happen

...is that the "come back and kick me" whistle?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's a show called Teenage Newlyweds that's airing at the moment, and if they ever need to make a live action episode one of the guys is definitely a contender for Steve.

the "fyi" channel? holy poo poo, lmao

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

TheRationalRedditor posted:

the "fyi" channel? holy poo poo, lmao

FYI = gently caress Your Intelligence.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TheFattestPat posted:

Bet they made a 9/11 interstitial, but they couldn't show it. The truther version :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Kingdom posted:

Standard Deviation

This sounds amazing. :flashfap:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'd like to request an avatar-sized gif of the JFK-bowling pin video.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Whorelord posted:

this isn't true

Yeah, that's a totally off base criticism. Francine is as funny and defined as any of the other main characters. The fact that there's no fun sucking dead weight characters in the main cast is a primary reason this show has never seen a precipitous decline in quality.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh my god, so much vomit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

What if the terrorists go after our beats next? :tinfoil:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Patrick Stewart was amazing yet again, good finale.

The Roger side plot was pretty weak though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"I thought that was me" and the USB were great jokes, but the rest of the episode was really, really lackluster.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Patrick Stewart was amazing yet again, good finale.

speaking of Patrick Stewart being amazing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9dlmYvB-Y

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Based off the description, I thought Roger and Jeff were going to be tripping off tea together. I love drug trip sequences, so I'm glad the Stan trip was good, but I can't help but think a psychoactive Jeff-and-Roger adventure would have been awesome.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ironically, there is no new episode tonight. :911:

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

The_Doctor posted:

Ironically, there is no new episode tonight. :911:

Season's over, doc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FetusSlapper posted:

Season's over, doc.

What the dickens?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
My ATT newsfeed just told me that American Dad died in nice. The tortured grammar aside (I'm assuming it's a problem with their copy editor) did the show get canceled or is it just pulling a stunt for ratings? American Dad without Stan wouldn't be as good.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

My ATT newsfeed just told me that American Dad died in nice. The tortured grammar aside (I'm assuming it's a problem with their copy editor) did the show get canceled or is it just pulling a stunt for ratings? American Dad without Stan wouldn't be as good.
Was he killed by a hot tub

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Shbobdb posted:

Huh? Why would you think the headline "American dad and son killed in Niece attack" would have anything at all to do with this show?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I dunno, but watch out for nieces

You nephew know when they'll get ya

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

drat autocorrect.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shbobdb posted:

That's definitely true. The next season will star Francine's backup husband Jim aka Johnny Snowglobes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Langley Falls Bazooka Sharks!!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So all those girls Steve was good boying for died right?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

twistedmentat posted:

So all those girls Steve was good boying for died right?

Eyup, along with their boyfriends.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Eyup, along with their boyfriends.

Their 40 year old boyfriends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola