Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Erg posted:

Do you ever get to rotate tiles, or is it only flipping?

And not really a fan of how aimless it feels when you just kind of hope that events will pop up

Once you can modify your cauldron the max-tier upgrade for rotation is full rotation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TMS has been getting pretty good reviews on this side of the ocean.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Polygon gave it a 9.5 and Destructoid a 8.

Yay!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I knew anime was good all along

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
That's good to hear! I bought it last night and have it preloaded. And now the wait begins...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's hope it doesn't also fail to find an audience here.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Golden Goat posted:

Polygon gave it a 9.5 and Destructoid a 8.

Polygon's review is really, really positive. I'm looking forward to a slow, easy weekend spent playing this game.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I knew anime was good all along

:unsmith:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I recall people in Japan who played it were also positive on it as a jRPG.

It just... wasn't what the target audience was looking for.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Polygon posted:

It's like a co-ed version of Sailor Moon for the Love Live! age

:geno:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

Let's hope it doesn't also fail to find an audience here.

Don't worry, I just ended up buying two copies because my Wii U doesn't have enough space to download it

e: oh lol never mind the Wii U UI is just awful at telling you a thing is downloading

Arist fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 22, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I don't know what this means

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That sounds pretty accurate, actually.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

MrAristocrates posted:

Don't worry, I just ended up buying two copies because my Wii U doesn't have enough space to download it

e: oh lol never mind the Wii U UI is just awful at telling you a thing is downloading

Breaking news: #FE sales have jumped 200%

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

setafd posted:

I don't know what this means

Don't worry, I speak anime. Allow me to translate: It' a magical girl story where the characters are pop stars and also there are some magical boys.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's anime, just like all the other SMT games.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

good.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Metacritic puts it within a point or two of Persona 3, better than SMTIV and Nocturne.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SMTIV is now trash in my eyes.

Long live #FE

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Golden Goat posted:

It's anime, just like all the other SMT games.

It's like a PG version of Attack on Titan where Eren's basement leads to a PG version of Demon City Shinjuku for the Kamen Rider crowd.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
In all seriousness, I didn't really have my eye on this. But now that reviews are out and generally positive, I think I will give it a fair shake.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Imagine if the game wasn't the victim of EVIL SJW CENSORSHIP.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

I went to GameStop's website to look for the release date the other day and found this

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I never understood why they got so upset. Like I don't approve of governments censoring things obviously, but if a private corporation wants to and it doesn't effect the gameplay that's fine.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

drawing extra ugly clothing on a wedding dress so that it looks more conservative than my grandma's is silly

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It sucks when things get changed but I also can't bring myself to care, it's the most minor possible poo poo.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It's probably a combination of it not really appealing to most of the audience Nintendo has generally been targeting in regards to buying a Wii U, and those who might be interested in it generally DON'T have one. SMT/Persona games are usually on Sony platforms - as are a large portion of console JRPGs in general - and Fire Emblem ones have, with the exception of 9-10, only been on handhelds for 17 years now.

Like, it looks pretty nice, but I'm not going to go out and buy a Wii U for this - just not enough else on the system that interests me enough to toss down $250-300 for it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the altered costume for the idol girl looks cool, but i haven't seen pics of the wedding dress.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm seriously considering buying the game on disk and hoping they get it to work on the Wii U Emulator soon.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SylvainMustach posted:

I never understood why they got so upset. Like I don't approve of governments censoring things obviously, but if a private corporation wants to and it doesn't effect the gameplay that's fine.

this case is just not even worth bringing up the politics of censorship

if someone gets even one iota upset about there not being as much cleavage they're outing themselves

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The altered outfits aren't a huge deal, but it is a bit silly because the changes are so inconsistent. Like, one of Tsubasa's outfits (a bikini) can be seen in one of her special attack animations and in an in-game commercial, but for some reason it's not available for her to wear as an outfit. Also, the fact that they censored a wedding dress is pretty stupid.

What bothers me is that they changed the story of one of the dungeons.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think you should all stop this because nothing good will come out of it.
Also if you can you should go digital since it loads faster.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I am generally not a fan of the censoring; being an Idol Game™, it IS about sexy girls and all, and some of the changes are just weird (like removing the visible hip bones from a cutscene. LINK has visible hipbones in the upcoming Zelda game), but I can't be too mad since they clearly put a lot of effort into it. Tsubasa's new outfit looks cool, and the dungeon's formerly-gravure photos don't have like lovely dark streaks on them, the same artist redid the pictures so the people in them are fully clothed. None of it's garbage art or anything.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

HGH posted:

Agreed

HGH posted:

Bummer I preordered the disk

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

HGH posted:

Is that still in the English version? I had hoped that they'd fix that.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 22, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah it's still in the game. I've seen some reviews stating loading screens go up to 20+ seconds on disk, with comments using the digital version retorting that they've had speedy loading times. .

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Maybe they'll release a patch like they did to speed up loading times on xenoblade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Nobody cared about bravely second or fates nearly as much after they came out, just like nobody will remember this game exists, let alone the whole "censorship" retarded poo poo in like 2 weeks.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The wedding dress edit looks like loving rear end but I don't care about the other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

John Lee posted:

None of it's garbage art or anything.

yeah looks great