Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oct 28, 2003

You should probably hold on to one of each except for gungnir, ultimate nullifier and the norn stones. If you really like captain marvel or ghost rider keep the gungnir as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Soothing Vapors posted:

you're way behind the times on this, invisimom is actually pretty great at this now

More importantly, all new-ish people should grab invisimom and fight all the terminal bosses with her. Make sure your sound is turned way up.

Moms are tuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Provided the target doesn't move and doesn't hit you, and there's no adds, she kicks rear end now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
she owns in those circumstances too you baddie

Maybe consider getting good?????

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the Jinn that owns, she's just a hollow vessel for it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Hahaha

That is a fair assessment

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

138 posted:

You should probably hold on to one of each except for gungnir, ultimate nullifier and the norn stones. If you really like captain marvel or ghost rider keep the gungnir as well.

Why?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Lozareth posted:

Cage's Cage Was Here one-shots the entire screen. How does he not have trash-clear?

It takes 1.2 seconds to charge up and it's interruptible.

A dude posted:

Black Cat is good?

Hefty damage, whip and claw builds are both viable, with traps backup. Maybe you could even go traps primarily, I dunno. Plus her 'lives' mechanic makes her almost unkillable.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Listen to this man. Everyone else who posted about bad heroes has no idea what they are talking about.

Isn't Loz playing all these dudes with top tier gear and rolls that most people will never see? So wouldn't that skew his analysis a bit? Or is gear not as big of a "NOW THIS HERO IS A GOD" in this game?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

He's also a glorious yellow-skinned Bananaman so he knows how they are to level, too.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If you have something in common with the banana, facts will prove you're a better player than most. Just listen to anything a Yellowman says and do not question it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you have something in common with the banana, facts will prove you're a better player than most. Just listen to anything a Yellowman says and do not question it.

When I eat a banana I get a really bad stomach ache. I guess that means I should never cosmic right?

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Bananas make me have really nice poops. Pooping makes me feel good. Therefore a comment from a yellowman would be like a really nice dump, meaning it is good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cosmic prestige is poo poo, a wise post.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gynovore posted:

It takes 1.2 seconds to charge up and it's interruptible.

So tap it once or twice when levelling instead of fully charging it.

Holyshoot posted:

Isn't Loz playing all these dudes with top tier gear and rolls that most people will never see? So wouldn't that skew his analysis a bit? Or is gear not as big of a "NOW THIS HERO IS A GOD" in this game?

I don't have amazing rolls on anything but Vision's slot 4 (which isn't used in ranged spec) and Human Torch's insignia. Those two are just ridiculous. Also with it raining gear I'm working on getting all 20 rank 20 ults fully geared at the same time so I can stop unbinding stuff all the time. So that doesn't leave much ... wait ... 20 rank 20 ults ... ... Well, there's what makes most of those heroes a great experience for me. But, then again, if they weren't fun I wouldn't have maxed the ult in the first place.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 22, 2016

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Apparently when you don't play this game for two years you forget a couple of things, like for example everything

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They also changed a lot of things in the past two years so that is understandable.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Did they get rid of hero-specific stash tabs?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I don't know about buying (I assume you still get them with the character packs) but I still have mine from when I played years ago.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I think if you are buying the actual tab it's a selection after you click on the purchase new tab button.

I do feel like using crazy gear skews the 'is this hero good' test. As does max/really high omegas especially when recommending characters to new players.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Flesh Forge posted:

Did they get rid of hero-specific stash tabs?

nope

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

He's also a glorious yellow-skinned Bananaman so he knows how they are to level, too.

He turned them yellow years ago so that doesn't seem very up to date

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Reading through this thread while the game downloads. Starting a new F2P account like in Future Fight because this is the New Fiscally Responsible Me. Who is the absolute laziest character to play? I'm talking you just smoked a bowl after a 12-hour shift and 60% of your attention is on Netflix on the other screen. Just wanna be able to do endgame (excluding raids, not my thing) as smoothly as possible!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Paineopticon posted:

Reading through this thread while the game downloads. Starting a new F2P account like in Future Fight because this is the New Fiscally Responsible Me. Who is the absolute laziest character to play? I'm talking you just smoked a bowl after a 12-hour shift and 60% of your attention is on Netflix on the other screen. Just wanna be able to do endgame (excluding raids, not my thing) as smoothly as possible!

Maybe Deadpool? No resources to manage, no complicated rotation of abilities, just press buttons as they come off cooldown. He's got good melee and ranged builds, is a solid pick in basically all content, and has a built in zero cooldown teleport.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Paineopticon posted:

Warmachine. You just hold down mouse 1 and press sig every once in a while.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Mr. Whale posted:

Warmachine. You just hold down mouse 1 and press sig every once in a while.

If you're gonna do that may as well do pet Doom with the rapidfire basic

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah summoner Doom is the hero voted Most Likely To Never Press A Single Button but he also doesn't get permanent summons until specialization unlock at like lvl 42 so he's kind annoying to play until then as a summoner, so his leveling process is slightly less mindless.

Silver Surfer might be good. He's frenetic and your screen is shaking while you zip all over the place but you can just kinda go dash, spirit restore button, repulse backflip and the screen blows up. Plus the act of dashing to your next objective kills everything o your way there.

You can get a pretty good sense of surfer's play style by trying him out until lvl 10, doom takes longer to shine though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I'm almost positive I had bought a BW tab but support checked and they say I didn't :shrug:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mover posted:

Yeah summoner Doom is the hero voted Most Likely To Never Press A Single Button but he also doesn't get permanent summons until specialization unlock at like lvl 42 so he's kind annoying to play until then as a summoner, so his leveling process is slightly less mindless.

Silver Surfer might be good. He's frenetic and your screen is shaking while you zip all over the place but you can just kinda go dash, spirit restore button, repulse backflip and the screen blows up. Plus the act of dashing to your next objective kills everything o your way there.

You can get a pretty good sense of surfer's play style by trying him out until lvl 10, doom takes longer to shine though.

Yeah Doom owns and I thought of recommending him, but he's going to be the very opposite of "mindless" during the leveling process, which takes *much* longer for a new player than a veteran. He'd be a great choice to unlock as your starting character from an eternity splinter perspective, but there are multiple 2-400 splinter characters I think you'd be better off unlocking immediately and using for your first playthrough.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Doom is actually a fantastic choice for a first hero to unlock.

No spirit so he's easy to level without gear or omegas.
Level 1 teleport.
Endgame summoner spec for afk netflix farming.

Heroes without spirit are the best choices for the first few heroes you play while you build up gear and omegas, they almost never run out of gas while moving through zones and won't have to fall back on basics to deal damage to a boss.

Doom
Deadpool
Silver Surfer
Juggernaut
Vision (kinda needs gear+omegas, but still really simple to level)
Hulk (not recommended)

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Why is Hulk not recommended? You just mash Baby Tantrum Stomp forever.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

LGD posted:

Yeah Doom owns and I thought of recommending him, but he's going to be the very opposite of "mindless" during the leveling process, which takes *much* longer for a new player than a veteran. He'd be a great choice to unlock as your starting character from an eternity splinter perspective, but there are multiple 2-400 splinter characters I think you'd be better off unlocking immediately and using for your first playthrough.

Blasting Doom is your best choice until 60. That green cone-shaped blast you start with is great and will carry you all the way.

Doom has 5 summons, but when you specialize one button will summon three groups, and another group stays summoned, so there's two buttons to push. And you push them over and over and over...

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Why is Hulk not recommended? You just mash Baby Tantrum Stomp forever.

Well because he's not fantastic in the end game and I'd hate for a new player to spend a large amount of time leveling him only to find out they can't even pass the cosmic trial.

He's pure melee, but 90% of his defenses are tied up in short invul procs on huge cooldowns and a massive amount of regen.... tied to a basic punch you will never use.

On top of that his damage is not stellar.

Doom/Deadpool/Surfer blow him away in both leveling ease and endgame viability with and without gear. Juggs/Vision to a lesser extent, but still.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
If you want mindless, go Deadpoop. Canadian Devil kills trash mobs, Not-So-Minigun kills bosses.There's a bunch of cool other stuff, but really you can play the whole game with just those two powers if you want to.

And gearing him is easy; when in doubt, just strap on stuff that increases his "awesome".

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm going to go with Doom and I will just tough it out until Netflix mode unlocks. I can pay a little attention I GUESS

Good arguments for a new player on all sides so I just went with the character I liked best

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:perfect: :eyepop: :vince: :potg:

e: nvm why the gently caress does he have two eyes. this isn't canon

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The most significant log-in bonus in this game.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

gently caress. Yes.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Just when I think Mr Gaz couldn't possibly be any dumber, he goes and does this and totally redeems himself!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

Just proves Hawkeye is the best hero

• Locked thread