Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I'm all in on dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg.

At this point, I would highly recommend replacing Dooku with Phasma. The rise of STH has made Dooku bad on both defense and offense. After he single-handedly lost me a few games on attack, I dropped him. Someone like RG attacks him, he double attacks STH. Rey/QGJ attack. Then phasma does his AOE, Dooku double attacks STH. Rey/QGJ go again...and your team just got melted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As someone running Old Ben lead with an ST Han, I love seeing Dooku. Hitting him with offense down is serious :getin: territory. It's just infinite turns.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

As someone running Old Ben lead with an ST Han, I love seeing Dooku. Hitting him with offense down is serious :getin: territory. It's just infinite turns.

Yeah, and if it's Old Ben + ST Han, then there's this high chance of ST Han Dodging, getting to go earlier, and then Old Ben does his stupid ability block bullshit so you have no choice BUT to hit STH with all of your heroes, and then you die.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

cowofwar posted:

I'm all in on dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg.

Same here. The only thing that gives a challenge any more is the mirror match which basically just comes down to how smart the AI decides to be and how lucky we both get on Dooku Dodges.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
My goal is just to stay sub 50 in arena and I don't have issues with st-han yet on my shard but I'll keep phasma in mind.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I also am running dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg, but I have noticed I am dropping a whole lot more in the last week or so overnight. I suspect it is all the Old Ben/STH guys, so I probably need to switch. I wanted to get Lando up to 5 or even 6 stars before I went back to Old Ben, but oh well...

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

two_step posted:

I also am running dooku/daka/rey/qgj/rg, but I have noticed I am dropping a whole lot more in the last week or so overnight. I suspect it is all the Old Ben/STH guys, so I probably need to switch. I wanted to get Lando up to 5 or even 6 stars before I went back to Old Ben, but oh well...

Yeah I used to barely drop out of the top 20 but lately I've been getting knocked way back to around 60 or so. Old Ben is cool but Dooku's free stun against him/QGJ still edges him out IMO. I'm definitely seeing him on a lot more teams though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Yeah I used to barely drop out of the top 20 but lately I've been getting knocked way back to around 60 or so. Old Ben is cool but Dooku's free stun against him/QGJ still edges him out IMO. I'm definitely seeing him on a lot more teams though.

Yeah, Dooku + Daka stun is a good counter to OB, but if you omega QGJ's buff removal spell, you get 2 turns of off up from that, which makes the offense up from dodge slightly less good than OB's TM from dodge. Also, OB + STH (or just STH) counters Dooku pretty hard, especially if OB can get off ability block on QGJ.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
On my April shard I have been able to regularly take #1 as F2P with Ben(L)/STHan/RG/Rey/QGJ. It's an amazing combo, pretty much the only thing I can't deal with is Sun Fac, and there are only about 2 whales on my shard so it's easy enough to work around them. I usually only slip to around #15-#20 overnight so it's pretty good on defence as well.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

On my April shard I have been able to regularly take #1 as F2P with Ben(L)/STHan/RG/Rey/QGJ. It's an amazing combo, pretty much the only thing I can't deal with is Sun Fac, and there are only about 2 whales on my shard so it's easy enough to work around them. I usually only slip to around #15-#20 overnight so it's pretty good on defence as well.

Yeah, this is one of the few comps I just skip. Mostly I'm fine, but about 1/4 there's literally nothing I can do to not lose.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've had pretty good luck against that team by going Chain Lightning on OB then burning down Han and making sure to trigger RG's taunt if I don't stun OB or burn Han fast enough. Also I use Rey's specials to kill people before they hit half health, which is easy once you are fighting the same couple of dudes every day and learn when to use them.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

I've had pretty good luck against that team by going Chain Lightning on OB then burning down Han and making sure to trigger RG's taunt if I don't stun OB or burn Han fast enough. Also I use Rey's specials to kill people before they hit half health, which is easy once you are fighting the same couple of dudes every day and learn when to use them.

Yeah, I've switched out Dooku for Phasma, and the one problem I run into with that team comp is that Rey hits Han, then QGJ misses Han, giving Han the turn, and QGJ then won't go for a whole turn. Han taunts, then OB locks everyone down with off down and ability block. Most of the time though, Rey hits, then QGJ + assist hits, I usually get Han to about 50%, triggering RG, and then problem solved. Also, QGJ has a 50% chance to call either RG or Daka -> great stun chance, 25% Rey -> lots of damage, 25% Phasma, low damage, but chance of def down, which helps if he taunts. Usually from there, QGJ's buff removal kills Han, which is worth it because then I'm not giving everyone TM, and I am giving my whole team off up.

I also usually lead Rey with her 2-hit ability for the foresight, then triple hit. I used to lead with triple hit when you could really 1-shot people, but now I feel so much safer giving her foresight so that she gets her 2-hit and triple+ hits off.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I also usually lead Rey with her 2-hit ability for the foresight, then triple hit. I used to lead with triple hit when you could really 1-shot people, but now I feel so much safer giving her foresight so that she gets her 2-hit and triple+ hits off.

This is how I've been doing it too. Typically against the enemy Rey but against Han or possibly Daka if they are there.

E: The Foresight will also pretty much guarantee an Offense Up for the third attack too if you run Dooku, which is nice for making sure you actually kill the person you're trying to weave around RG.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

This is how I've been doing it too. Typically against the enemy Rey but against Han or possibly Daka if they are there.

E: The Foresight will also pretty much guarantee an Offense Up for the third attack too if you run Dooku, which is nice for making sure you actually kill the person you're trying to weave around RG.

Unless I get a stun on Rey, I just ignore her until I've dealt with people like Daka, Han, and RG. In addition to them being able to interrupt you killing Rey, she also gains foresight forcing you to waste additional attacks. On top of that, giving her off up or extra tm is a pretty bad idea...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

After finally amassing 50 purple hairdryers for Rey to get her to gear level 8, I discover gear level 9 requires 100 purple hairdryers :shepicide:

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

After finally amassing 50 purple hairdryers for Rey to get her to gear level 8, I discover gear level 9 requires 100 purple hairdryers :shepicide:

Be Thankful, 150 hairdryers is about as easy a gear requirement as a character gets. Just wait till you need 150 stun guns, and 100 stun cuffs, along with thermal detonators.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Who needs such a hellish combination for gear level 9? Please don't say QGJ.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Where are we meant to get Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage? I've seen them in small numbers in the guild panel, but I'd be spending all of my guild currency to get 1/2 the amount I need (and never getting any guild-credit shards), and I've been raiding since the day it came out. Is there somewhere else I'm missing?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Where are we meant to get Mk 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage? I've seen them in small numbers in the guild panel, but I'd be spending all of my guild currency to get 1/2 the amount I need (and never getting any guild-credit shards), and I've been raiding since the day it came out. Is there somewhere else I'm missing?

Nope, those are raid/guild only items. They were in the shipment store for 1400 crystals, but they have gone out of rotation for at least a month.

rabidsquid posted:

Who needs such a hellish combination for gear level 9? Please don't say QGJ.

That is gear 9/10 for Teebo and RG and a few other strength based characters, QGJ just needs a butload of raid salvage for g10/11.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Rancor clears all debuffs when door goes up.

It only clears the ones that would not have detonated that turn for me. The rest go off you can sometimes see the explosion as it does the dramatic pan of the door.

Now I did try him on a door button reset team today with astounding success. Basically it was him and all assist callers. I would rather have happened phasma lead but she is on a door team. With a bit of luck he has been averaging 200k damage. I am thinking of getting the Tuscan raider to try his assist plus turn meter down on basic. I am thinking phasma(l), qgj, Tuscany, jawa... and who else has a basic with something handy.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Jibo posted:

FWIW we have maybe 3 to 5 people in QGJ who could field an actual capable T7 team and who knows about Goongan Army. Personally I think it's better to spread the wealth for high level dudes so that we can bring up more low level goons faster.

Here's my collection so far. https://swgoh.gg/u/g00ru/

I've got 15 7* characters but only 1 maybe 2 squads worth at lvl 80. Only 1 is at g9, rest are g8 with a g7 here and there. Pretty sure i'm not ready for a t7 but i'd try anyway

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I am getting close to a complete set of GW heroes. Having just completed Cad (4* 250/65), my general ranking of remaining heroes are: Initiate > Raider > Biggs > Magmatrooper. Thoughts? Alternatively I can just spend the next year putting GW tokens into GG (who I don't think is all that good anyways).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Alternatively I can just spend the next year putting GW tokens into GG (who I don't think is all that good anyways).

That is what I am doing. Everyone else looks kinda garbage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

That is what I am doing. Everyone else looks kinda garbage.

Initiate is a serious tank, and has some decent qualities. Additionally, I think we can expect Mother Talzin at some point (pretty major role in the clone wars animated series), so Nightsisters might be pretty good at some point (Talzin, Talia, Asajj, Initiate, Daka).

Raider has an assist, and some TM stuff. Shaman will eventually go F2P, and they could release Tusken Brute at some point, which would make for a decent Ewok-like Dark side team. I'm not going to put hard energy into what's-his-name just yet, but maybe when Shaman goes F2P I will.

At the point there are just two left, shouldn't I finish them to be a completionist?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Initiate is a serious tank, and has some decent qualities. Additionally, I think we can expect Mother Talzin at some point (pretty major role in the clone wars animated series), so Nightsisters might be pretty good at some point (Talzin, Talia, Asajj, Initiate, Daka).

Raider has an assist, and some TM stuff. Shaman will eventually go F2P, and they could release Tusken Brute at some point, which would make for a decent Ewok-like Dark side team. I'm not going to put hard energy into what's-his-name just yet, but maybe when Shaman goes F2P I will.

At the point there are just two left, shouldn't I finish them to be a completionist?

Well yeah when you put it like that I'm sure it would be good to get them. The only thing I see is all the lovely gear drops its going to take to gear some of those dudes up.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I only buy darth vader shards from the shop and they come up rarely enough to not require using GW tokens.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

I only buy darth vader shards from the shop and they come up rarely enough to not require using GW tokens.

I buy Ewok Elder, Scout, and Vader shards. I'm just tempted to start putting all my gw tokens into GG, cause I'm running out of people worth buying in the GW shop. If only I could convert GW tokens into like 1/4 Arena tokens. Would do that in an instant.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

If only I could convert GW tokens into like 1/4 Arena tokens. Would do that in an instant.

That would be nice. I'm working on Cad at the moment, as I've gotten everybody else worthwhile at 7*. Got Greedo to 7* today too, so all Arena goes onto Leia. Unsure what else to focus on now that I've hit 80. Will have Yoda next time he rolls around, too. My core is level 80 (Rey, QGJ, Daka, Phasma, STH, Luminara, Geno Solider). Guess I should push Teebo to 80 and Greedo to 80 sooner than later, and then Leia after them?

Gear is a pain, gently caress gear.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

That would be nice. I'm working on Cad at the moment, as I've gotten everybody else worthwhile at 7*. Got Greedo to 7* today too, so all Arena goes onto Leia. Unsure what else to focus on now that I've hit 80. Will have Yoda next time he rolls around, too. My core is level 80 (Rey, QGJ, Daka, Phasma, STH, Luminara, Geno Solider). Guess I should push Teebo to 80 and Greedo to 80 sooner than later, and then Leia after them?

Gear is a pain, gently caress gear.

Yeah, I've finally got to the point where gear is a bigger bottleneck for me than gold.

Also, I need to start leveling/gearing some scoundrels in preparation for upcoming scoundrel event. Starting to do Lando missions, and I guess I should start farming chewie in hard missions? I'm guessing it'll be a tiered 2*/4*/6* type thing.

EA_Jesse posted:

What’s coming next week?
We’re removing the Profit Mining event and will be adding a new type of event, one that will only appear once a week and on a random day. This new event will require Scoundrels and award Credits upon completing it. We’re planning on this event appearing within the next couple of weeks.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

They seem to be doing better with Events lately, which is nice. Force Champions are a good start since they give a lot of Credits daily, more or less.

Hope we'll see more. Would like an Endurance Event where you get rewards every 3 rounds, and can sub in characters until you've used your whole roster. Like, first 3 is 5k credits, second is 15k, third is 30k, etc.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Another GW? No thanks

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

kaschei posted:

Another GW? No thanks

Good point. Do not hire me to work on this game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

Good point. Do not hire me to work on this game.

I would actually like GW to be turned into a survival style event -- bring your best five, fight until you lose. No do-overs.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

That won't happen until they have a robust crash recovery system or a way to turn angry e-mails into money

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Hurry up and get to the spaceships godammit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/496552/#Comment_496552

EA_Jesse posted:

Ok, have some info:
There are lvl 50 and 70 versions
requires 5 scoundrels
no star requirements that I know of, but it will be difficult for lower gear/leveled scoundrels.

Ok, so, some good news/bad news here. The good news is that it isn't actually hard to get 5 scoundrels, especially since they don't need to have any particular star level to be usable. Keep in mind that we will have a 2* Dengar very soon.

4 Easy-ish to obtain, F2P Scoundrels:
Chewbacca (free, HM, CB)
Cad Bane (GW)
Greedo (Arena)
Lando (CB)

The first four are all pretty easy to obtain, and unlock easily, except Lando, who needs 80 shards from Cantina Battles. You can probably do this in a week, spending 100 crystals per day.
So, that's the good news, this is doable. The other good news is that you won't have to star/level up everyone. I'm pretty sure that if you were to max any 2 of the above to 7* level 80, you'll just need the others unlocked to do the level 70 (I could be wrong here -- but tuning it for level 70 makes it easy for level 80).

e: Forgot to post the bad news side of things...you're probably going to spend more credits on leveling these heroes than you will get for completing the event. CONGRATS!

I'm still leveling Cad/Chewbacca anyways for raid TM...and probably eventually Greedo/Lando as pretty decent damage dealers.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 22, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but im working on rebels for the dumb empire event right now.... and still gearing/levelling my main team.

I could take a little break from grinding RG to fill out Lando, but my highest levelled scoundrel is Clone wars Chewie, hes not exactly a carry. I wonder what the rewards are. If its worth a heavy up front investment to get paid off on the back end when I can do the 70 reliably...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but im working on rebels for the dumb empire event right now.... and still gearing/levelling my main team.

I could take a little break from grinding RG to fill out Lando, but my highest levelled scoundrel is Clone wars Chewie, hes not exactly a carry. I wonder what the rewards are. If its worth a heavy up front investment to get paid off on the back end when I can do the 70 reliably...

Well, if you don't mind taking all the time in the world, just level/star up Chewie and he might never die (self-heals).

Finish RG first. He's way too good to stop farming. You could use Cantina tokens to get Mob Enforcer -- that's just 2000 tokens (as long as you have Daka/QGJ).

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Is it still good advice for me to take Sidius to 7* before I start spending arena shards on something else (ST Han I guess?) He's one of my stronger characters but the 100 shards seems like a big commitment when my roster still has a lot of holes in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zone of Danger posted:

Is it still good advice for me to take Sidius to 7* before I start spending arena shards on something else (ST Han I guess?) He's one of my stronger characters but the 100 shards seems like a big commitment when my roster still has a lot of holes in it.

Leia