Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Homework Explainer posted:

you edited this post from june 2015 in jan 2016 WHAT were you trying to HIDE
Do Not Resuscitate was obsessed with Jeb! (and rightly so,) to the point where he was doing color dropper breakdowns of Jeb!'s teeth. A few people made fun of DNR's Jeb! tooth fixation, DNR ragequit the thread, manually deleted 28 pages of his post history on Jan 22, changed his username to WAR DOGS OF SOCHI, then quietly returned 3 days later

While it is very lol, I was legit sad at the demise of all those innocent Jeb! posts. RIP!

On the upside, his groundbreaking post history wiping laid the groundwork for H5N1's sublime, ongoing performance piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

my bony fealty posted:

care to elaborate on this, I was under the impression that the tax cuts -> growth correlation is pretty much a myth and the only thing massive tax cuts do absolutely increase is income inequality?

at least that's what this study says

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42729.pdf

(apparently the GOP got real mad about this and tried to make the CRS un-publish it, lol)

my background is in finance, not economics, so take everything i say w a grain of salt

the study you linked seems to be making the same points as all of the analyses that the piketty/saez/etc crew (and most other economists, recently) have been putting out for last decade, specifically discrediting the value of lowering top marginal rates, which only impact a significant amount of income for a very small group of americans. trump's plan goes way, way beyond that, handing back huge stacks of cash to every american, in the most fiscally irresponsible proposal I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure most economists still believe broad tax cuts drive short-term boosts, and that cuts for lower income households can drive growth even when top rate cuts don't. that's why I felt it made sense that trump's plan could drive huge near-term growth - even if it was budget suicide - while jeb/rubio/whoever's plans would just flatten rates and do nothing to growth

i can go find studies to support all of that, but that's the stupid part of economics - i can find dozens of pdfs for any possible point of view that used slightly different assumptions

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/745711507372023808

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this is feeling really forced.

As opposed to all the natural stuff the Clinton campaign's come up with, like 7 things Hillary Clinton has in common with your abuela.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Rubio will do the opposite of those three things.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Did something happen to cause 1300 posts overnight

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Slate Action posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Rubio will do the opposite of those three things.

Continuous TV ads of Trump stumping Rubio should be fun.

RentACop posted:

Did something happen to cause 1300 posts overnight

Trump have a speech.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Trump have a speech.

Mother of god

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/745746751676547072

I agree with Morrow - We want crazy Trump!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
So what, is Trump just not gonna say anything crazy for 4.5 months? Does he have that kind of discipline?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

pwn posted:

Do Not Resuscitate was obsessed with Jeb! (and rightly so,) to the point where he was doing color dropper breakdowns of Jeb!'s teeth. A few people made fun of DNR's Jeb! tooth fixation, DNR ragequit the thread, manually deleted 28 pages of his post history on Jan 22, changed his username to WAR DOGS OF SOCHI, then quietly returned 3 days later

While it is very lol, I was legit sad at the demise of all those innocent Jeb! posts. RIP!

On the upside, his groundbreaking post history wiping laid the groundwork for H5N1's sublime, ongoing performance piece

Bad decision, should have taken all of the "Jeb! failure report" posts and made them into a book, I'd buy the poo poo out of it.

Obsession with Jeb! should be encouraged and not criticized, he's a very exciting man and it's difficult not to get swept up in the energy!

MaxxBot fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

pwn posted:

you edited this post from june 2015 in jan 2016 WHAT were you trying to HIDE

quote:

wtf is this poo poo?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The fart is white distress, Google isn't giving me any answers

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Slate Action posted:

So what, is Trump just not gonna say anything crazy for 4.5 months? Does he have that kind of discipline?
That's the plan and that's the problem

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Slate Action posted:

lol

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/745747471003877376

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

My guess is the plan is for Manafort to manage the campaign and have the kids manage Trump.

We will see how long this lasts.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
drat, whats Morrows damage? i thought he was on the Trump train.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/dmartosko/status/745731424276389892

quote:

Rumsfeld spoke with DailyMail.com as part of a media tour aimed at promoting the release of his 'Churchill Solitaire' app on the Android platform.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

paranoid randroid posted:

He's on the anti-Hillary train and the big tits train.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

paranoid randroid posted:

He was a Cruz guy for a while, but he's also completely out of his mind, so who knows.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Uhh so https://sharethesafety.org doesn't look like a joke, unless I'm missing something.

edit: Oh good, it's not real. Back to discussing the human cheeto then.

gregday fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 22, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who the hell goes on tour to promote a solitaire app

Bryter posted:

He's on the anti-Hillary train and the big tits train.
well dang now theres a platform with a little bit of something for everyone

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

gregday posted:

Uhh so https://sharethesafety.org doesn't look like a joke, unless I'm missing something.

https://twitter.com/passantino/status/745743179916283904

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Slate Action posted:

I'd bet money on it. Especially since he weaseled his way out of all of those questions. Rubio's really slimy and fake, but not in the Ted Cruz way where it would be suave if he wasn't so smugly proud of it, but rather like a 5-year-old asking for another cookie before dinner because he swears the dog took the first one right after it knocked over the lamp and he'll do his homework right after he watches his show.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Brent Scocroft endorsed HRC today.

Also Romney is thinking about endorsing the Libertarian ticket.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

gregday posted:

edit: Oh good, it's not real. Back to discussing the human cheeto then.

Wonder who's behind it. They went out of their way to create a fake NRA press site that redirects to legitimate NRA sites if you click around.

https://nrapress.org/articles/20160622/nra-smith-wesson-partner-share-the-safety/

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Fullhouse posted:

white distress sounds like something you'd be really embarrassed to talk to your doctor about

It sounds like an old-timey term for a midlife crisis.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/745432995318894592

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The gender split combined with the party split is shocking.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Bring back Trainwreck Donald, this is absolutely no fun at all.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Xandu posted:

Wonder who's behind it. They went out of their way to create a fake NRA press site that redirects to legitimate NRA sites if you click around.

https://nrapress.org/articles/20160622/nra-smith-wesson-partner-share-the-safety/

they said it was a hoax, they didn't say there weren't behind the hoax....

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
and in Aprile of the Year of Our Lord 1548, seven and ten goode hearty men of West Cumberland did fall ill with the White Diftrefs

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Montasque posted:

Also Romney is thinking about endorsing the Libertarian ticket.

This is literally all I want for Christmas.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

...the spokesperson continued, "but thank you for the idea".

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Aliquid posted:

The gender split combined with the party split is shocking.

lol, thank you for encouraging me to look at the pdf

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

And leader (possibly) of the civilizing forces

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
Black Death>White Distress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

So black trump supporters are in hiding, just like that dudes neck

• Locked thread