Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Agoat posted:

Is he actually any good?

He is good, but not like a top player or anything. He is like 100x better than Xavier Woods, so look forward to their exhibition match being a stomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also if you want quick fight money on your pc sfv then this'll help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9J8eIPyyY

Thank you.
I made a million dollars.
Time to uninstall the game again until it gets good.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Metrohunter posted:

I wish more people at my fgc played gg because the only one who touches it is the aspergers kid who stops playing games when he loses.

Flashmetroid?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
flash ducked AC+R tourneys in new york *that he was physically present at*

he played XRD for a while, did well in one tourney beating LordKnight, then lost to LordKnight at another tourney and whined on twitter about it not counting because he "taught him the matchup" then quit the game,

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'd call flashmetroid the loving worst but by god does he have a lot of competition for that title

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 22, 2016

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Yeah if we're going by people who get bent out of shape and have a lot of bad opinions when they start losing there's a pretty big list to fill, Flash Metroid is just the most obvious entry.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

flashmetroid, sanford kelly, wolfkrone, gootex, noel brown

lol getting upset when you lose at fighting games

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
fighting games are like the one genre where i never get salty anymore, but i guess i'm also not slamming a cold K on the table for moneymatches like these guys are for god knows what reason

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"doesn't know if SFV will still be played next year"
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745748079794499588
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745748696856297472
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745749721646456832

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

at this point i'm hoping for a street fighter v turbo with input delay and hitbox fixes and am otherwise just going to keep laughing at and making fun of this game and telling people to play revelator

ps: if you've played or can follow what is going on in marvel3 at all you can play guilty gear, it's not that hard guys

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

same

also if you want quick fight money on your pc sfv then this'll help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG9J8eIPyyY

Thanks to this I got Laura's black costume. I'll probably get banned but it's going to be a good year before Balrog comes out so i can save the money for a new copy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

NecroMonster posted:

flashmetroid, sanford kelly, wolfkrone, gootex, noel brown

lol getting upset when you lose at fighting games

I get really upset when I lose at fighting games too don't count me out

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Thanks to this I got Laura's black costume. I'll probably get banned but it's going to be a good year before Balrog comes out so i can save the money for a new copy.

lol you're not going to get banned. Capcom is too incompetent to implement any kind of security system to check for this.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Microwaves Mom posted:

lol you're not going to get banned. Capcom is too incompetent to implement any kind of security system to check for this.

capcompetent?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I get really upset when I lose at fighting games too don't count me out

is this a promise to throw a fit the next time you lose on stream?

i hope it is

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
LOL at

stage recolors 4 cash

'premium' costumes THAT YOU HAVE TO UNLOCK COLORS FOR

even daigo thinking this game will be dead come 2017.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Crown Face posted:

It took me a few minutes to realize that this is supposed to be Ibuki.

Why does her face look like Kbrad.

God damnit why is anything.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

those premium costumes are, ahem, interesting

too bad I will never see them because the game is dead and who cares about a loving premium costume

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I can't find it in the thread because I'm a dumb, but where am I supposed to put that .dll to fix the PC stick issues?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

He is good, but not like a top player or anything. He is like 100x better than Xavier Woods, so look forward to their exhibition match being a stomp.

He's probably going to destroy me. :sigh:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Pomp posted:

"doesn't know if SFV will still be played next year"
https://twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/745748696856297472
Has a game every been insanely popular and then dead in a year's time?

I mean I know SFXT was a thing but it wasn't the most popular game in the FGC at the time of its release.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

punk rebel ecks posted:

Has a game every been insanely popular and then dead in a year's time?

I mean I know SFXT was a thing but it wasn't the most popular game in the FGC at the time of its release.

MKX?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

How likely is it that SFV really does just die by next year? Capcom is obviously showing signs of struggling, but don't they have a pretty heavy hand in a lot of the major tournaments due to the money the put into it? Or has that been changing because of their financials? It's not like SFxT where SFIV was still the primary SF game people played. Capcom's really depending on SFV and I don't think they'll be willing to just let it die off (in spite of the clear lack of effort they've put into it in the first place.)

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Garrand posted:

How likely is it that SFV really does just die by next year? Capcom is obviously showing signs of struggling, but don't they have a pretty heavy hand in a lot of the major tournaments due to the money the put into it? Or has that been changing because of their financials? It's not like SFxT where SFIV was still the primary SF game people played. Capcom's really depending on SFV and I don't think they'll be willing to just let it die off (in spite of the clear lack of effort they've put into it in the first place.)

Its not looking good. They need to do something big to win people back, and this lovely story mode update isn't going to cut it when there's so many more issues that need to be addressed.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

People still play that. It's fairly popular where I live at least.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

punk rebel ecks posted:

People still play that. It's fairly popular where I live at least.

they killed off the pc community, and why play the game when you know some furry is just gonna win everything in the end.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Yeah, MKX losing PC support sucked. Not surprised that Injustice 2 isn't even going to be on the platform.

(Even if it did, what happened with MKX doesn't make a strong case for buying it.)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

at this point i'm hoping for a street fighter v turbo with input delay and hitbox fixes and am otherwise just going to keep laughing at and making fun of this game and telling people to play revelator

ps: if you've played or can follow what is going on in marvel3 at all you can play guilty gear, it's not that hard guys

Everyone should play Melty Blood instead.

We're having a tourney soon. Our tourney laptop almost has a working screen and we already found some decent garbage bins we can gather around.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
At least we have Tekken 7 coming.

REALLY glad I didn't pre-order SF5. Played the beta and that was enough.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The Joe Man posted:

At least we have Tekken 7 coming.

REALLY glad I didn't pre-order SF5. Played the beta and that was enough.

grats

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
all the ps4 players that said beta 1 was good should have to pay reperations to pc players that decided to save some bucks on GMG

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
also capcom should pay them reperations

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone should play Melty Blood instead.

We're having a tourney soon. Our tourney laptop almost has a working screen and we already found some decent garbage bins we can gather around.

I'm so glad to see the MB scene starting to get some of that esports money and production.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Agoat posted:

He's probably going to destroy me. :sigh:

Kenny played online against giant bomb for a youtube video. He is pretty good with alex, although dan almost beat him with random srk spam. Their sets got ruined by about a half dozen lobby errors in 50 mins tho lol.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I went to an offline place the other month for the first time and watched the people playing Xrd while waiting for USF4 to make some room. I'd already played reload for a while ages ago and Xrd on PC for a month or so, and the guys there were excited to see a new person showing interest. I gave their resident Faust guy a good run for his money with a 3-5 loss or something, but they were getting really loud and happy that not only was a completely new guy coming offline, but that they were playing guilty gear and seemed OK at it.

Not been for a few weeks though because I need a PS4 stick to play SFV and I don't want to be borrowing sticks all the time like I did for that set. The only other games they have that use 360 sticks are 3rd strike and an old arcade board running super turbo (which is still fun, but not fun enough for me to go there on a Saturday and pay £4 for).

Which scene did you go to? Sheffield? Also play 3rd strike it's a good game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

all the ps4 players that said beta 1 was good should have to pay reperations to pc players that decided to save some bucks on GMG

Beta 1 was fun though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The damage was higher and the buttons had more combo potential. The online connected really fast to people too. Still felt stubby and laggy but it was fast and fun

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Out of the litany of things wrong with this game low damage is not a failing I'd describe SFV as having.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Out of the litany of things wrong with this game low damage is not a failing I'd describe SFV as having.

Yes it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That more than anything turns me off to it honestly. The fighting is kinda fun, even if a lot of the characters are kinda boringly designed and everybody kinda plays the same, but everything takes so long, from the loading to the actual matches. I wish the whole package was snappier.