Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I genuinely enjoyed that whole episode, especially glad I avoided the thread for a few days between release and watching it so I went in totally blind. :).

Will post more thoughts later!

E:

I think it's my favorite episode of the series so far besides the Tonio one, also Okuyasu is basically my favorite Part IV character now. Loved that bit with him spelling it out multiple times to Joseph.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just at the chariot race between Jojo and Wamuu and the CG when Wamuu first takes off was jarring.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jesus finding out the hot twenty something is actually your 50 year old mother because you went searching for her underwear is the most anime thing

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Jesus finding out the hot twenty something is actually your 50 year old mother because you went searching for her underwear is the most anime thing
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rhNdQMUMeg

Got my girlfriend into JJBA and we finished watching Battle Tendency the other night. She commented on Joseph's hosed up face in that scene before I showed her that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh my goodness I didn't even notice that when I watched it! I just got started on Stardust Crusaders and my reaction to the opening scene

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that moment when you thought you took your vampire adopted brother with you to the grave, but he steals your body and your family three generations later have to deal with him

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 22, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Best boy returns

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
What does Joseph mishear Red Hot Chilli Pepper as in the original japanese?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 25 minutes!

CJ posted:

Chili Pepper

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kog-mGRh97U

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Oh my goodness I didn't even notice that when I watched it! I just got started on Stardust Crusaders and my reaction to the opening scene

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They have spirit fighters now? Joseph telling this dude to kick his grandson's rear end and drag him home.

e: So these are the Stands people mention not the Hamon stuff

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 22, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

EmmyOk posted:

They have spirit fighters now? Joseph telling this dude to kick his grandson's rear end and drag him home.

e: So these are the Stands people mention not the Hamon stuff

Yup, welcome to the rest of JoJo

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can't believe Hamon is loving dead.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

alcharagia posted:

I can't believe Hamon is loving dead.
It's for the best. Hamon hit its peak with it being used to cause a volcanic explosion into space. There's really nothing that can top that.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am guessing that cool robot in peoples' avatar is one. More excited for this arc to start than the last two. These seem way more fun than Hamon.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

EmmyOk posted:

I am guessing that cool robot in peoples' avatar is one. More excited for this arc to start than the last two. These seem way more fun than Hamon.

The true JoJo's starts here.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the ripple isn't really a thing much anymore in the series starting at SDC, so yeah

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Joseph uses the ripple a few times, but mostly just his Stand.

It's funny that his Stand would have made every fight in part 2 pretty trivial, since it's a highly mobile perfect conductor of ripple energy. And it even lets him see the future a bit, to tie in with his 'the next thing you're going to say is' catchphrase. :kimchi:

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

EmmyOk posted:

They are, though they take a while to fully realise their creative potential.

Also the red man in your avatar is obviously glasses man's Stand.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tunicate posted:

And it even lets him see the future a bit, to tie in with his 'the next thing you're going to say is' catchphrase. :kimchi:

I'm an idiot. Why the hell did I never put that together?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dexie posted:

I'm an idiot. Why the hell did I never put that together?

Because Araki is a genius

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I think SDC is the most uneven part of JoJo (sorry BadSeafood), as Araki experiments with what stands can do, and some work better than others. The highs are glorious, and even the poorer fights have great moments in them. It also helps that the Crusaders are lovable dorks and DIO is, well, DIO.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hermit Purple can't see the future

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Butt Ox posted:

Hermit Purple can't see the future

But can it see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

i'm interested to hear which stand is the cool robot

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm trying to think which stand looks like a cool robot and i'm coming up short.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

no they will not posted:

i'm interested to hear which stand is the cool robot

no they will not posted:

I'm trying to think which stand looks like a cool robot and i'm coming up short.

I think he's talking about Waffleman_'s avatar, which has nothing to do with jojo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My avatar is not a Jojo, no.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

I think he's talking about Waffleman_'s avatar, which has nothing to do with jojo

Well...there's a similar one tho.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's actually joey jojo from part 8 and his stand, 「KNIGHT OF CYDONIA」

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

no they will not posted:

stone free looks like a cool robot

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Stone Free is not in an anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Silver Chariot looks like a cool robot

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Both the World and Crazy Diamond look pretty roboty if you have no idea what stands look like

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

He may also be talking about Soft & Wet, in Josuke's avatar.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My favorite 'Not a Stand but come on guys really?' is Ansem/ Xenanort's [Shadow of Death]

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's actually joey jojo from part 8 and his stand, 「KNIGHT OF CYDONIA」

How'd you format yours like that? It's just numbers, ampersands and hashtags to me.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's a lot of stands that have a pretty cyborg-ish look to them, mostly starting with part 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Butt Ox posted:

Stone Free is not in an anime

manga is just better anime

• Locked thread