Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Wait- okay let's get this straight:

Big Bill (the bone golem) and the Two-Bit Bobs (who we've met before) have formed a new faction (The Ricketies) within a second, separatist skeletal workers' union (The One Bone Union, or OBU).

The Ricketies were hired by the Adventurers we were just fighting, but the Adventurers were planning on stiffing the OBU so now the Ricketies are conducting payback by mugging the Adventurers and taking their loot which just so happens to be Hardmod's destroyed property.....

Hardmod is gonna flip his poo poo, and possibly AT US. Technically we only have two viable solutions:

> Negotiate a contract between OBU and Hardmod to repair and enhance his dungeon (including trap maintenance services)

Or

> Pilfer a Phylactery or two from Hadmod's naked pevis before he Liches out all over these bony burglars. They're not even SWU any more (then again neither is Hardmod)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Poland Spring posted:

Jeez hardmod they're hired labor don't be a dick

Remember that time you screamed at the bartender and all the other liches stopped hanging out for like a century? Yeah I bet you do

Wait I remember too, holy poo poo*begin flashback sequence*

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

See if Hardmod will offer the Bobs a job.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the_steve posted:

And then kill and stick all the arms and legs from the adventurers onto us!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Poland Spring posted:

Remember that time you screamed at the bartender and all the other liches stopped hanging out for like a century? Yeah I bet you do

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

> Negotiate a contract between OBU and Hardmod to repair and enhance his dungeon (including trap maintenance)

Wait this one

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

> Negotiate a contract between OBU and Hardmod to repair and enhance his dungeon (including trap maintenance services)

I vote for this. Union forever.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Poland Spring posted:

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Let's do both of these. Have the flashback to convince him that labor guys are ok, and everyone wins if they work together.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wow, that's quite the new av you got there Isaias. Piss someone off?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

the_steve posted:

This seems to be what both of them want right now, and we can raise the adventures and add them to our army. Everybody wins.

Or we could use the monkey paw and wish the dungeon was back to how it was hahahaha.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Negotiate a contract, then flashback

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Poland Spring posted:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wow, that's quite the new av you got there Isaias. Piss someone off?

Nope, just a huge anime nazi fan

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

What is the Anime Nazi equivalent to the Sudetenland?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

RandomPauI posted:

What is the Anime Nazi equivalent to the Sudetenland?

Max Fleischer's oeuvre

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Poland Spring posted:

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
Chase one and find out who he works for!

drat union busters!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

looks like we're going to remind Hardmod of his terrible past misdeeds (that we suddenly remember, holy poo poo) - and then try to negotiate with the OBU. Since the success of these negotiations will depend on what happens during the flashback we should do that sequence first.

Do you want I should use the flashback in the book (it involves one choice) or the expansion pack (comes with maybe the worst CYOA booklet ever made and a couple of cards)?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

use the expansion pack

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Expansion pack, duhhh

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
EXPAND

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Expand it

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Expansion

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!
Been noticing quite a lot of fresh blood on the pages lately. Scanner issues?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Soodonim posted:

Been noticing quite a lot of fresh blood on the pages lately. Scanner issues?

let's just say you don't want to inhale the fibers from the paper these drat books are printed on

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Could always do with a little expansion :pervert:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Forgive me friendos, I'm dying of illness and will be slow with the update. It'll be the expansion though. Stay tuned.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Stay strong comrade.

Hail Boner!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Forgive me friendos, I'm dying of illness and will be slow with the update. It'll be the expansion though. Stay tuned.

ah, the sweet release of death

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The SKU package is pretty lucrative, Saint Isaias Boner. I can completely understand why you're rushing to get in.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

All that blood on the pages, it has to come from some where, and I am willing to bet it isn't from the bone dry skeletons. You are doing the lich's work!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Soon you too shall be a proud union skeleton worker.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the process of excising an anime avatar is generally a traumatic one OP, you take all the time you need

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the process of excising an anime avatar is generally a traumatic one OP, you take all the time you need

one more day, sorry y'all. I've had too much work and other assorted shenanigans on this last couple days.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

one more day, sorry y'all. I've had too much work and other assorted shenanigans on this last couple days.

Jeeze it's not that hard to scan in a few pages of some old book...

keep up the good work sir

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Probably a lung infection, those books were notorious for the variety of molds they collected.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

djwetmouse posted:

Probably a lung infection, those books were notorious for the variety of molds they collected.

Not to mention all the nasty stuff that accumulated on the pages outside of the game.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Not to mention all the nasty stuff that accumulated on the pages outside of the game.

yeah, it's no joke

Ok, update (finally).

We decided to try to talk Hardmod out of kicking the poo poo out of these skeles. We're starting to recover random memories about our past life so that might help.

Here's the last page:

We've got the expansion called "Hardmod's Hard Day". It's a tiny, folded piece of paper with some suspicious poo poo on the back. I can't remember how I got it but there you go. It originally came folded up so that the only panel you could see was the one on the top left. It's kind of a neat idea I think, but pity it was only used for these terrible games.

I was going to try to upload this in a html5 video but ran out of time messing around with the software I'd use to do a thing like that if I was any good at it. So I'm going to have to rely on you not to cheat.

Starting in the top left, play through this mini expansion and post what you got on your first playthrough, and what items or stat increases you got on the way, if any. The most commonly followed path is the one we'll use. Timg'd because it's big:

The torn out bits are the item "cards" we can collect, if we end up with either of them I'll scan them in too.

Here's the back of the "expansion":

This sort of thing might explain Skull's declining popularity and legal problems in the UK through the mid-80s.

Anyway, sorry for the delay, things kept happening and I was slowly dying. All good now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm terrible at diplomacy and got told to turn to page 81.

No stats or items. Being a passive wetfoot is no way to go through life.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 26, 2016

• Locked thread