Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
New updates. Maybe it'll fix that random "crash to dashboard" bullshit that's been happening lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

New updates. Maybe it'll fix that random "crash to dashboard" bullshit that's been happening lately.

I think it was fixing the system time exploit for the contracts. Haven't been able to get confirmation on that though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It crashed when I tried to load the Theater, so I guess it didn't do much of anything. "Security and stability fixes" my rear end. :v:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Speaking of the theater, I was in it earlier trying to hunt down the game I had on aquarium the other day that I got a fury kill or quad feed with the Banshii right at the beginning of the round. I can't find it. Do games sometimes go missing from it? I think NSA, Madman, Leftover and I think maybe Aaron were playing with me at the time, but I can't remember what day that was.

Edit: actually I think it was toast instead of Aaron.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I used my first Blackjack token last night. He is ridiculously good.

I also love that Contracts have meant that I can play objective modes that aren't DOM.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Who's on?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51wakPTJDdc&t=45s

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Do the XBONE->PS4 controller adapters work with every XONE controller? I tried my best to use the PS4 controller for BLOPS3 but that poo poo isn't happening. Trying to get on some BLOPS this weekend if I can (ps4: fa66otry)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

gently caress this loving God damned bullshit where I can shoot first and still loving die first no matter what loving gun I use. :argh:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Sorry about the disappearing act, I'm up at my timeshrare and the wireless here is poo poo Lost connection and then decided to make pina coladas and get in the hot tub. We'll try getting on again here in a bit.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

faantastic posted:

Do the XBONE->PS4 controller adapters work with every XONE controller? I tried my best to use the PS4 controller for BLOPS3 but that poo poo isn't happening. Trying to get on some BLOPS this weekend if I can (ps4: fa66otry)

The CronusMax adapter will let you use any Xbox controller, including the Elite on the PS4.

This is what the kids call a clutch these days, though imgur cut off the first kill from B window. Maybe I'll upload the gameplay later; managed to break my kill record on a non-Nuketown map.

http://i.imgur.com/2z7k0iK.gifv

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's a good thing Infinite Warfare is coming with CoD4... because this is hard to beat:

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s...=buffer_pcgamer

quote:

Titanfall 2's DLC maps will be free because EA wants you to be happy

We learned last week that all of Titanfall 2's DLC maps and game modes will be free for everyone. But that doesn't necessarily mean that all the DLC will be free. As Respawn co-founder Vince Zampella told GamesRadar, the studio doesn't want to “split the community” between those who have the maps and those who don't, but somebody has to pay for all this stuff.

“We still want to provide post launch content because people want it, but it’s not free to do,” Zampella said. “If we’re going to support the game, that costs money”. The specifics aren't nailed down yet, which is “why it's really hard to talk about it,” but the smart money would seem to be on paid DLC that won't keep people from playing together if they don't all have it: cosmetic items, boosts, and that sort of thing.

That sounds eminently reasonable to me, and Producer Drew McCoy added that gamers can trust EA to get it right. “Trust that if we do the right thing—not sell maps and modes—we’ll get more people investing with us, investing in the game as a whole,” he said. “They’re going to trust us not screw them over and they can be happy with their $60 versions.”

Titanfall 2 comes out on Octobter 28.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LOL that means you're stuck playing with poors all year long. Also :lol: at where the monetization is going: cosmetic items, boosts, that sort of thing.

Enjoy your P2W poo poo-show.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You have been playing BLOPS 3 this year, right? :raise:

Paying for guns is an established thing in CoD now. Activision isn't going to give up that money.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Godzilla07 posted:

The CronusMax adapter will let you use any Xbox controller, including the Elite on the PS4.

This is what the kids call a clutch these days, though imgur cut off the first kill from B window. Maybe I'll upload the gameplay later; managed to break my kill record on a non-Nuketown map.

Ordered this just now - Hopefully see it Saturday.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

faantastic posted:

Ordered this just now - Hopefully see it Saturday.

You are a monster.

Going for the double 100%?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

It's a good thing Infinite Warfare is coming with CoD4... because this is hard to beat:

http://www.pcgamer.com/titanfall-2s...=buffer_pcgamer

Battlefield 1 is subsidizing this.

Macys wanted more gameplay, so I'm gonna post my best Javes impression from last night. I got lucky with these people only rushing center. and if you're not jumping, you're not winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-djVgsStZ0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also :lol: at where the monetization is going: cosmetic items, boosts, that sort of thing.
Yeah if people can pay to advance the meaningless number next to their name faster then I'm not interested.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Hackan Slash posted:

You are a monster.

Going for the double 100%?

Nada just want to play and never see anyone online who isn't on Netflix anymore. :(

...well maybe I will go for 100% again tho..

edit: I had a dream last night I went for 100% on PS4 and then remembered power cores were a thing and got nauseous.

faantastic fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 24, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah if people can pay to advance the meaningless number next to their name faster then I'm not interested.

Titanfall 2 isn't the first EA game to have booster microtransactions. You could pay $40 in BF3 (or $50 in BF4) to unlock everything. It doesn't magically make them better players.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anyone playing tonight?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Godzilla07 posted:

That's nothing on the 6-man kill I got with one Tempest shot that one time :p

Seriously, if you're attacking in Safeguard on Hunted, waiting until they're all piled up near the endzone is a goldmine for massive multikills with the Tempest.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

Battlefield 1 is subsidizing this.

Macys wanted more gameplay, so I'm gonna post my best Javes impression from last night. I got lucky with these people only rushing center. and if you're not jumping, you're not winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-djVgsStZ0

I need to jump more often... and use HATR too. Nice Tempesting. :legion:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Don't suppose if any of Z-Crew still play this bad and dumb game but if they are I'd quite like to do a Zombies night at some point. I don't really care which game or which map, I've just had a craving for it lately.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Glitch kills are a real pain in the rear end. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, the Vesper is a piece of poo poo. I hate it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The most important part is to get an intuitive feeling for where it's going to dump you out - but double-back on yourself a lot so you can teleport behind people, and you can also get fairly easy credit using C4 by waiting for the alarm, glitching then blowing it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Cook grenade, throw into campsite, glitch

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

I've been sticking people with semtex and glitching away since I don't have C4 just yet. I never considered sneaking behind someone and running away to glitch back to where they are. I should use my shotgun class until I finish Glitch since the Vesper is butt. Or maybe it's not, but I can't really get a feel for it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It works best in objective modes

(shameless repost)
http://gfycat.com/ForcefulCookedFieldspaniel.webm

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Vicissitude posted:

I've been sticking people with semtex and glitching away since I don't have C4 just yet. I never considered sneaking behind someone and running away to glitch back to where they are. I should use my shotgun class until I finish Glitch since the Vesper is butt. Or maybe it's not, but I can't really get a feel for it.

Glitch sucks. Vesper sucks. Keep them together and I see a bleak future for you.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Vicissitude posted:

Glitch kills are a real pain in the rear end. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, the Vesper is a piece of poo poo. I hate it.

Someone else said it - cook a grenade and toss it then glitch. This is really easy to do on hardcore and a map like Nuketown.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Play Combine a lot. The spawns switch fast enough that you eventually end up behind people.
Tossing grenades down the stairs in A building when they spawn there works quite well, too.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo lets play call of duty black ops 3 for the PlayStation 4 tonight.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

there's a Raid remake in DLC 3

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sba posted:

there's a Raid remake in DLC 3

This is extremely my poo poo. Raid owns.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo lets play call of duty black ops 3 for the PlayStation 4 tonight.
Word

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:agreed:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Good, I just got the Marshal 16 and I want to grind it out a bit. Or try to before giving it up for other guns.

Also I dunno if I want to do the Fresh Start on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is extremely my poo poo. Raid owns.

raid and the SMR summarizes my blops2 experience

nukeboat and the 870 is a close second, tho

• Locked thread