Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's what I'm talking about. :mrapig:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Check out all this flatleaf parsley

Idfk what happened but I went out of town for a week and poo poo was out of control

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
It's also fun to plant and forget random perennials that don't need much TLC to thrive year after year, as long as you keep weeds from choking them out. As a kid, I inadvertently started a green onion patch and a peppermint patch. Anytime I'd go over either patch with the weed-whacker, the air would briefly smell minty fresh or like an armpit.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

psychokitty posted:

Check out all this flatleaf parsley

Idfk what happened but I went out of town for a week and poo poo was out of control

That wouldn't happen if you put all of your herbs in pots.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
OP your yard looks really familiar to me ????? like it looks exactly like one of my childhood friends yards i think and it's actually freaking me out

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

mr_cramalldees posted:

That wouldn't happen if you put all of your herbs in pots.

It's all good now that it's pruned. I just didn't think I'd get so much freaking parsley.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I'm planting this really cool vine in the southern US, it's called 'kudzu' and it's just really pretty

There's a cabin under there

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Pony Incident posted:

OP your yard looks really familiar to me ????? like it looks exactly like one of my childhood friends yards i think and it's actually freaking me out

It's in st louis if that helps

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Where are the marijuana plants hidden?

Something about the weed that could I like better than growing beans.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zeluth posted:

Where are the marijuana plants hidden?

Something about the weed that could I like better than growing beans.

Well, mr/mrs federal agent, let me tell you...Hey wait a minute!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Can we grind it and extract some plant proteins or something.

When I'm president I'm going to task vegetarians with eating this loving thing DO YOUR PART YOU PUSSIES

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I tried to find like a giant pot or a pot trough like thing i could fill with trellis and honeysuckle but spoiler alert, searching for giant pot or even just pot doesn't work for gardening legal things.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Wendigee posted:

I tried to find like a giant pot or a pot trough like thing i could fill with trellis and honeysuckle but spoiler alert, searching for giant pot or even just pot doesn't work for gardening legal things.

Just admit you're growing pot and stop being coy about it, even google knows

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Wendigee posted:

You could try a strawberry pot.

Or if you're certain it's a safe type you could put it in the yard. Maybe take a cutting to a nursery and have them take a look.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Just admit a chubby Italian growing tomatoes gets your hot.

Admit your shame.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ill post mine when i get home. I got beets, pak choy, rocket, spinach, chives and kale

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

psychokitty posted:

You could try a strawberry pot.

Or if you're certain it's a safe type you could put it in the yard. Maybe take a cutting to a nursery and have them take a look.

I shall have to look at the strawberry pot. I have a great garden center that is locally owned that can probably identify my honey suckle too.

I googled it, found a GORGEOUS deep red orange that blumes from spring to fall out of a small pot so I might just let this guy chill and get a new big pot and try that hybrid.
http://www.highcountrygardens.com/perennial-plants/lonicera-sempervirens-major-wheeler

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got a broccolini in a pot and its been eaten by cows, ripped out of its pot. It just keeps getting owned. Its alive but i dont thi k ill be getting any broccolini

naem
May 29, 2011

King of Bees posted:

However you can eat the deer too and get your vegetables back that way.

MEAT GARDEN

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
I too have a garden and it's very nice and cool thing to do

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I think goats and maybe sheep eat kudzu. I remember how the south declared war on the kudzu menace years back but well, it went about as well as their last war :lol:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to have a big veggie garden but now I just grow a whole lotta weed

Miss my heirloom 'maters, though. And my old roomie's sweet little dog.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

I am in zone 4b so lol I can't grow much but I do have some garlic, sage, kale, and broccoli that is doing good in this unseasonably hot weather. also just harvested my personal :420: which is great, had a nice ball of finger hash from trimming it hell yeah gardening 10/10 would recommend

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Im in zone 9a and know a bit about Florida gardening, coastal gardening and houseplants so ask me some questions!

My yard is an overgrown jungle where only the strongest survive:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
we grow some stuff in containers and pots: peppers, few potatoes, basil, cilantro, rosemary, lavender

relatively new to gardening and most of it is doing pretty well this year. our jalapenos finally started to grow (4 coming in now). the plants seem healthy but the joints of the stalks are darkening/turning black sometimes what does that mean?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Everything in my garden is doing well except I think the jalapenos are getting too much water, but still have a couple fruits on each so idc, they just need to power through.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

thathonkey posted:

we grow some stuff in containers and pots: peppers, few potatoes, basil, cilantro, rosemary, lavender

relatively new to gardening and most of it is doing pretty well this year. our jalapenos finally started to grow (4 coming in now). the plants seem healthy but the joints of the stalks are darkening/turning black sometimes what does that mean?

If you can rule out stem rot, I think its just a pepper pigmentation thing and you're fine.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Isaac posted:

I got a broccolini in a pot and its been eaten by cows, ripped out of its pot. It just keeps getting owned. Its alive but i dont thi k ill be getting any broccolini

COWS??? That's udderly ridiculous.

Zeno-25 posted:

I used to have a big veggie garden but now I just grow a whole lotta weed

Miss my heirloom 'maters, though. And my old roomie's sweet little dog.

nice doge :downs:

FrankieGoes posted:

Everything in my garden is doing well except I think the jalapenos are getting too much water, but still have a couple fruits on each so idc, they just need to power through.

v fancy mater cages. I thought about doing those but I went "meh" I like sticks.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Lt. Tanaka posted:

Im in zone 9a and know a bit about Florida gardening, coastal gardening and houseplants so ask me some questions!

My yard is an overgrown jungle where only the strongest survive:

do you have nanners?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

This little red san marzano is hiding

then I found this big purple cherokee fucker hiding

guess what I used to tie off my vines. GUESS come on GUESS!!!

ripped up retired zebra-stripe undies

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

psychokitty posted:

ripped up retired zebra-stripe undies

That is my kink.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The previous owners of my house left a big dirt patch on the lawn where they used to have a lovely above ground pool. My fiancé and I have a hell of a nice garden going in it with peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, beans, peas, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and zucchini. Gardening owns.

E: rabbits should be exterminated off the face of the planet.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Ryoshi posted:

The previous owners of my house left a big dirt patch on the lawn where they used to have a lovely above ground pool. My fiancé and I have a hell of a nice garden going in it with peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, onions, beans, peas, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers and zucchini. Gardening owns.

that sounds like quite the garden!!! have you eaten your zucchini blossoms yet?

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

psychokitty posted:

do you have nanners?

Nope, sadly no bananas. Bananas hate light freezes and salt.

naem
May 29, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

My mom had a big garden at one point with raised beds etc, it produced a LOT of food but we only got 1/3rd of it because of the the sheer mass of wildlife going bonkers in it. Groundhogs, mice/vermin, skinks, skanks, pixies, hobgoblins you name it. Every tomato had a bite taken out of it.

Something was eating them too, every night all summer some terrible screech of agony rang out as an invisible predator murdered something, it was a teeny little Jurassic park

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I live in 7a. I have a little cactus, it started growing this month! Aahhhhhh! I'm excited.

How/Should I repot a cactus? I want my boys to grow as big as they want :kimchi:

e: the twins being festive last December. the skinny one is a little taller now.

Foreskin Problems fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 24, 2016

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
my garden is called the grocery store

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Foreskin Problems posted:

How/Should I repot a cactus? I want my boys to grow as big as they want :kimchi:

Very carefully. Yes get yourself some potting soil and bigger pots and go nuts. You want to be gentle with the roots but plants can take a fair amount of abuse. Typically just tipping over your existing pot into your hand will take care of the removal but sometimes you need a trowel. There may be some transplant shock, but they'll get over it.

Put soil into the bottom of the new pot and then place the uprooted plant in the pot to see where it'll land once it's repotted. Then adjust so that the plant-root meeting point will be level with the lower rim of the pot and then fill in with more soil. Press a little around the roots but not too much and add a bit more soil for stability, especially if they are small plants. Give it a little water and you're done.

psychokitty fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 24, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gardening is fun as hell and very relaxing lol if you dont garden like just seriously lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

vols bitch posted:

my garden is called the grocery store

Somebody was hunting squirrels in the park near my house and leaving them like tiny bearskin rugs, I saw 4 or five I've the course of a year. One was draped over a bus stop handrail

• Locked thread