Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

misty mountaintop posted:

The issue is, what do I do with my life...I can't find the users manual.

Yeah that's sufficiently vague. Well without fully inspecting your life (because it's not really my business) I would say focus on meeting your responsibilities in the way you determine to be the most enjoyable, or at least the least tortuous manner possible. Then, once that is underway, find a hobby to consume your spare time. My personal recommendation is to get into something easy and cheap. Lots of people choose exercise, some others get into music listening, and the occasional person just decides on drugs. I personally like walking my dog and listening to audiobooks, and make sure to devote at least an hour a day to those activities, barring emergencies or extenuating circumstances. There's more to life than that, but I'm just a 23 year old computer janitor, not a philosopher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

Scathach posted:

Support tickets sound awful

I also want to hear the stabbing story

Sitting around after work now, waiting for my boss so we can talk to the new guy together.

Support tickets are the equivalent of a customer walking in and requiring service. It's the worst part of the job, but without it there'd be no job to do.

Also did the new guy goof up beyond just being a weirdo?

Matoi Ryuko

My phone just told me I'm about to die from a tornado, that's never happened before.

Matoi Ryuko

Uh oh, I'm on the front page of weather.com.

Matoi Ryuko

I want my last post before I die to be this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OspATQ4HuLs

bean mom

avoid dying pls!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Renegret

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
cisco packet tracer is the bane of my existence why am I using this poo poo I want to die i have test jitters for tomorrow someone hold me i need a hug

Matoi Ryuko

Zyla posted:

avoid dying pls!

It's cool, I just got a carrier for my cats so I can take them into the basement, just incase something like this happens.

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's cool, I just got a carrier for my cats so I can take them into the basement, just incase something like this happens.

Stay safe Midwestern cats! :ohdear:

----------------

Ostentatious

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I am watching a thunderstorm that has had more crowd to ground strikes in the last 3 minutes than I see in a year.

sorry, I'm powering up atm it can get messy

bean mom

as for the stabbing, I'm not quite sure where to start but I had this girlfriend in college and she was alright, had her share of issues but seemed pretty harmless...

After about a year of dating her, it really hit home to me and i started to realize how abusive she had become towards me, and I wanted out.

So I broke up with her somewhat abruptly, and while she was pissed, I thought that everything was settled now. I was wrong.

a few months go by and I start dating this girl I'd been in love with for years that I could now date as we were both single. Things were going incredibly well and we were both pretty smitten with each other. Playing tetris during makeouts and such. It was as sweet as things could possibly get.

Then one night I went back to my dorm room to get some things to spend the night with the new GF, the old one knocks on my door. She tells me sternly that she is pregnant, and that it is mine. I was in no way prepared to handle something like this and my mind shattered and I was basically her slave from that point on for a while as I grappled with the fact that I was going to be with this ex that was awful for the rest of my life, most likely, as I am a decent person and would do right by any child I made. I prepared to drop out of college and get a menial job and all of this. The new relationship shattered into a thousand pieces, and I can't say I blame the new GF for not sticking around.

Oh and that first night the ex coerced me to have sex with her, although i insisted on wearing protection none-theless and she was really mad about this as how it didn't matter now that she was knocked up.

A couple weeks go by and it dawns on me that I had better see some test results. That parts of her story didn't add up. We end up going to a military hospital (she was the daughter of a colonel in the services.) She got a full bore pregnancy blood test etc, and we left as they said they would call.

They did later, and she didn't let me hear anything on the phone and she insisted they said she was pregnant. The next day I get a home test, and have her do it, and she angrily agrees to take it and then angrily hands it back to me with a negative result, and I look at it and just walk out the door and block her in all ways.

That night she takes a mutual friend of her with her and she asks what the symptoms of a miscarriage are. She repeats them word for word to the ER doctor, and proceeds to have a miscarriage. Word gets around that I had harassed her to the point where the stress killed the baby, and also that the doctor found evidence that an STD had caused inflammation in her pelvic region, one that I gave her, of course.

Absolutely none of this is true, i get tested and i'm completely fine, and the friend that went with her was utterly disgusted at how she faked the entire thing.

Then one night I'm walking back from a show in the dark and my ex comes up from behind and stabs me in the shoulder. I eventually dis arm her and call the police after she runs. She gets caught and confesses to the whole thing at the station. I decided not to press charges mostly because I never wanted to see her again, and I was in this super liberal forgiving mindset where I felt bad for her that she had such an obvious mental disorder and I just wanted her to get help, so she ended up getting probation.

I've never seen her again, and thank dog for that.

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Ah, poo poo the tornado sirens are going off...

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Zyla posted:

as for the stabbing, I'm not quite sure where to start but I had this girlfriend in college and she was alright, had her share of issues but seemed pretty harmless...

After about a year of dating her, it really hit home to me and i started to realize how abusive she had become towards me, and I wanted out.

So I broke up with her somewhat abruptly, and while she was pissed, I thought that everything was settled now. I was wrong.

a few months go by and I start dating this girl I'd been in love with for years that I could now date as we were both single. Things were going incredibly well and we were both pretty smitten with each other. Playing tetris during makeouts and such. It was as sweet as things could possibly get.

Then one night I went back to my dorm room to get some things to spend the night with the new GF, the old one knocks on my door. She tells me sternly that she is pregnant, and that it is mine. I was in no way prepared to handle something like this and my mind shattered and I was basically her slave from that point on for a while as I grappled with the fact that I was going to be with this ex that was awful for the rest of my life, most likely, as I am a decent person and would do right by any child I made. I prepared to drop out of college and get a menial job and all of this. The new relationship shattered into a thousand pieces, and I can't say I blame the new GF for not sticking around.

Oh and that first night the ex coerced me to have sex with her, although i insisted on wearing protection none-theless and she was really mad about this as how it didn't matter now that she was knocked up.

A couple weeks go by and it dawns on me that I had better see some test results. That parts of her story didn't add up. We end up going to a military hospital (she was the daughter of a colonel in the services.) She got a full bore pregnancy blood test etc, and we left as they said they would call.

They did later, and she didn't let me hear anything on the phone and she insisted they said she was pregnant. The next day I get a home test, and have her do it, and she angrily agrees to take it and then angrily hands it back to me with a negative result, and I look at it and just walk out the door and block her in all ways.

That night she takes a mutual friend of her with her and she asks what the symptoms of a miscarriage are. She repeats them word for word to the ER doctor, and proceeds to have a miscarriage. Word gets around that I had harassed her to the point where the stress killed the baby, and also that the doctor found evidence that an STD had caused inflammation in her pelvic region, one that I gave her, of course.

Absolutely none of this is true, i get tested and i'm completely fine, and the friend that went with her was utterly disgusted at how she faked the entire thing.

Then one night I'm walking back from a show in the dark and my ex comes up from behind and stabs me in the shoulder. I eventually dis arm her and call the police after she runs. She gets caught and confesses to the whole thing at the station. I decided not to press charges mostly because I never wanted to see her again, and I was in this super liberal forgiving mindset where I felt bad for her that she had such an obvious mental disorder and I just wanted her to get help, so she ended up getting probation.

every day that I'm alive I am thankful I don't have a story like this

Some day it's all going to catch up to me

FluffieDuckie

Zyla posted:

:glomp:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Zyla posted:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Ah, poo poo the tornado sirens are going off...

FluffieDuckie

Stay safe matoi :ohdear:

DONKEY SALAMI

donkey? donkey?

I'm new into byob. I thought was supposed to say hi here

Looks like serious thread though

So quick hi and back to lurking

WAMPA_STOMPA
is this where to chill

Ask me about posting tips and personal branding!
<<PQKP>>

FluffieDuckie

Welcome new friends :wave:

WAMPA_STOMPA
i pour a 40 out for gbs nite crew

<<PQKP>>

I Was The Fury

donkey salami posted:

Hello!

tao of lmao

here's a gawker article worth reading

http://gawker.com/fuckman-rear end-judge-and-donkey-dicked-murder-suspect-1782465086

MrWillsauce

I am imagining a holocaust survivor seeing saint boner's avatar

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

----------------

WAMPA_STOMPA
lol whats allens account name

<<PQKP>>

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Typical Gawker, making a joke out of the whole thing when the "hilarious" verbal altercation started with the defendant complaining that his lawyer wasn't properly representing him and that he'd in fact been trying to sexually blackmail him, and the judge dismissing his concerns and telling him he has no other option other than to stay with this lawyer or defend himself, which means he will probably lose.

I'm glad they're going bankrupt.

----------------

MrWillsauce

your honor, if it pleases the court I'd like to suck mister allen's dick.

I'll allow it

objection! suck my balls

Scaly Haylie

donkey salami posted:

your use of "into" makes me curious as to whether english is your first language, as i've heard french people use the word the same way.

MrWillsauce

oh that's not funny at all. the truth isn't funny.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Typical Gawker, making a joke out of the whole thing when the "hilarious" verbal altercation started with the defendant complaining that his lawyer wasn't properly representing him and that he'd in fact been trying to sexually blackmail him, and the judge dismissing his concerns and telling him he has no other option other than to stay with this lawyer or defend himself, which means he will probably lose.

I'm glad they're going bankrupt.

Once he started cursing in a court room and telling the judge to suck his dick, he lost all credibility

Not that the judge's reaction was much better but it's pretty clear the guy is completely whacked out

MrWillsauce

incredibly whacked out people need good representation too. especially so.

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

Once he started cursing in a court room and telling the judge to suck his dick, he lost all credibility

Not that the judge's reaction was much better but it's pretty clear the guy is completely whacked out

Or he could have lost it because the one representative of justice who he thought could help him with a lovely, potentially abusive lawyer told him he's poo poo out of luck. :shrug:

MrWillsauce posted:

incredibly whacked out people need good representation too. especially so.

Exactly.

----------------

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If I tell my boss to suck my dick, I expect to get fired, regardless of circumstances.

If I tell a judge to suck my dick, I expect to get thrown in jail for contempt, regardless of circumstances.

You are not going to get your way if you act inappropriately like that. You're just going to discredit yourself and do more harm than good. I don't like the judge's reaction either, especially at first, but I lost all sympathy for this dude the second he started going off. There is absolutely no excuse in any circumstances to act in such a manner.

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's not always about "who's right" and "who's wrong" in every situation. Sometimes, shockingly enough, both parties can be wrong. But that does not give you an excuse to act like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum because you didn't get your way, especially in a court of law.

MrWillsauce

some people don't have that kind of impulse control. a lot of those people are institutionalized

Ostentatious

if the dick doesn't fit, you must acquit

Renegret

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ostentatious posted:

if the dick doesn't fit, you must acquit

lol

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

If I tell my boss to suck my dick, I expect to get fired, regardless of circumstances.

If I tell a judge to suck my dick, I expect to get thrown in jail for contempt, regardless of circumstances.

You are not going to get your way if you act inappropriately like that. You're just going to discredit yourself and do more harm than good. I don't like the judge's reaction either, especially at first, but I lost all sympathy for this dude the second he started going off. There is absolutely no excuse in any circumstances to act in such a manner.

From the preliminaries it seemed that that judge wasn't going to even give this guy the time of day about his complaints, and the latter snapped. I just don't find the rest of this exchange particularly funny wacky ha-ha like Gawker do. Moreover, you're trying to talk rationality to me, a poster on these forums who isn't in prison and isn't being accused of killing another inmate, so you're really barking up the wrong tree.

I mean, you need to take the power disparity into consideration, this judge has all the authority and this inmate is being told they need to get represented by a lawyer who may have sexually propositioned them or they can lose the case and get more time inside. This is really not a good situation to be in, and I don't think you're in a position to judge (haha) his reactions. Unless you've been in the slammer, in which case, good on you for serving your sentence and becoming a productive member of society.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

me and my brother are trying to put our finger on why this music reminds us so much of video games. why that is, byob?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxL7Gwn1-PY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mkZqMWp7Xo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom

Renegret posted:

every day that I'm alive I am thankful I don't have a story like this

Some day it's all going to catch up to me

Thanks for the hugs! all in all things could have gone worse, so Im thankful they didn't. Its often hard to believe someone could be dangerous in this way until it happens.

----------------