Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Zardu, Gal Vorbak, daemon allies, everyone is screaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
2500 ~talk poo poo get hit~

Zardu in a 20 man blob with artificer sarge and nuncio

ML2 Summoning Librarian in a 20 man blob with artificer sarge

9 GV in a Spartan

Sicaran
Sicaran Venator

Bloodthirster
20 Bloodletters
Flying Khorne Demon Prince

Summon every turn, ram 3 huge melee threats up my opponents butthole, bloodletters absorb firepower. What's anti-air???

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Try to keep Zardu with his daemon bros. He can pick his powers so you'll want to keep Cursed Earth up always to give everyone a 4++ save.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lord Twisted posted:

FML I wrote a quite nice fluffy Word Bearers list... ended up for free with 10 gal vorbak from friends.

Gonna need to rewrite this poo poo. I want demons and have to take gal vorbak. Is there a list for that?
There's a Rite of War that focuses on Gal Vorbak and drop pods. It doesn't allow for an allied detachment though so no demon buddies. That and it'd involve building a bunch of drop pods so it might not be worth it.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
So I've been working on my 3 iron circle robots and I have to say. I am not very happy with working on these, if this is AFTER they delayed because of mold issues. ugh. Like its not major enough that i want to send it back but I just expected better, I mean poo poo. Most of these wont be noticeable at all once I've assembled and painted the bastards but still. I have to look at them while I'm building it. Its just been on the arms and backsides of the legs so far. Rest is fine.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Safety Factor posted:

There's a Rite of War that focuses on Gal Vorbak and drop pods. It doesn't allow for an allied detachment though so no demon buddies. That and it'd involve building a bunch of drop pods so it might not be worth it.

What book is that in?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The new one, Book 6.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
finally putting together these bikes....the drat backpacks keep coming out crooked. gently caress off forgeworld

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Robits, I wish I were a better painter.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Some drat fine robits. Come at us loyalist bros

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

BULBASAUR posted:

:siren:

We're kicking off a VisV campaign at the beginning of next month up in the Seattle area. If you have good hygiene, painted heresy models, and are heresy curious hit me up for the deets.

In case you're scared to google 'power fisted':
http://www.powerfisted.com/?p=199

Very excited for the campaign. My list is built and I've assembled the last guys for a Plentiful personnel rating. I think the team is very fluffy, possibly erring on the side of fluff over effectiveness. This is one elite group of psychopaths. I'm out traveling for a few days, but upon return I'm going to be painting everything up. Should be ready with a fully painted force for the kick-off. It's been a while since I played, so I've been reading rules when I'm not working on models.

I'm slow, though. Took me 2 hours to finish assembly of the last 4 dudes. Most of that time was figuring out poses.

I'm assuming the first campaign is set in the aftermath of the dropsite massacre so I've picked a force I think represents the type of World Eaters that would have survived it. A few of them, would go on to fight the long war, as I have 40k versions of them.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Mango Polo posted:

Try to keep Zardu with his daemon bros. He can pick his powers so you'll want to keep Cursed Earth up always to give everyone a 4++ save.

A drat good point. Might have one of the 20 man squads be a CC one to have the Librarian chill back with shooty dudes while the chaff Marines charge up and tie people up to allow one of the three melee heavy hitters to hammer them.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I don't yet own book five HH or the relevant red book. Can someone answer a question I have on the basis of the 4chan article. With the cult militia list, if I take a cult horde and tainted flesh my units can only snap shot. Does this mean that artillery or flamers are useless. I am concerned my dream of a fearless horde, feel no pained up shambling forwards under the curtain of basilisk and medusa shells is a flawed one.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Correct, the flip side of this is your entire army has zealot and rending so they murder anything short of land raiders through sheer dice.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tanks don't have the provenance special rule, so you could bring those instead. Otherwise it's a good candidate for an allied detachment imo

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Robits, I wish I were a better painter.

They look awesome. If I were you and wanted to keep things simple, I would give them an enamel wash.

e. I always feel so inspired when I see anything Iron Warrior!

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 22, 2016

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

They look awesome. If I were you and wanted to keep things simple, I would give them an enamel wash.

e. I always feel so inspired when I see anything Iron Warrior!

Anything special I need to know about doing one?

It also reminds me that Krushgroove sent me the best iron warrior shirt from warhammer fest, they truely draw inspiration from the community

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Correct, the flip side of this is your entire army has zealot and rending so they murder anything short of land raiders through sheer dice.

thanks. It seemed too good to be true. Leman russes and spawn it is.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

JackMack posted:

I don't yet own book five HH or the relevant red book. Can someone answer a question I have on the basis of the 4chan article. With the cult militia list, if I take a cult horde and tainted flesh my units can only snap shot. Does this mean that artillery or flamers are useless. I am concerned my dream of a fearless horde, feel no pained up shambling forwards under the curtain of basilisk and medusa shells is a flawed one.

Only certain units mostly the infantry benefit from the province rules, so tanks, fliers and the like don't get the rule. Look for the special rule "province" if a unit has that then get the rules"

Killer_Bees! fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 22, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Anything special I need to know about doing one?

Nothing too special. Apply enamel, use brush to wipe off excesses/move the wash around until you are happy.

If there's still some corrections you want to make you can use something slightly abrasive like a cotton bud until about an hour after you applied the wash. Past that you'd want to use white spirit, which would damage the paint underneath... in which case you would want to varnish before the wash. If you want to make fancy effects like applying a wash, letting it dry, and then dragging it down into streaks you'd also have to varnish first.

I have not found a need for varnishing because most things you can do without white spirit. Either a black wash for lining/making grim or a light rust for, well, rust, would work well IMO.

There's something hypnotic about putting a tiny dab of the stuff at the bottom of a model's panel lines and seeing it race upwards into cracks and crevices.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Post more cool Iron Warriors ITT:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Dayum those are sexy robbits.

So I tried some of that zee-nee-thal high-lightz that the cool kids keep raving about. Half a bottle of red wash, a lot of swearing and a lot of trial and error later, I'm happy with the result (ignore the fact some of the wash is still drying in the pictures, I'm tired and didn't want to sit and wait):

Demons mk 1:

Demons mk 2, pre shaded (I need to get gloves):

And with a few passes of red ink:

And finally, still WiP, but getting there:

Cheers for the guide Bulba. Still found it tricky to blast washes through the airbrush, I think I need to wait longer for them to dry between shots. Bit impatient perhaps. But I like the finished result, and will be replicating it across my Demons force.

Next I need to strip and rebase the other 8 grey test models I did, and then work on cutting up cork and getting skulls for the bases of these guys...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Those look really great and I bet they took you no time at all :)

Throw in some line highlights over the top and you're golden. I like the purple/red you've got going on quite a bit.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

It's basically a wine colour, I'm quite a fan of it as well! I'll do some thin scab red highlights and maybe another wash on the horns once I look at them in the cold light of day instead of a dark tea fuelled frenzy. Total time including loving about trying to learn the technique was about 2 and a half hours for ten models, and with the technique down the longest part is the drying times... Really would recommend airbrushing to anyone on the fence.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

BULBASAUR posted:

Post more cool Iron Warriors ITT:

Why would I post guys from that garbage legion when I can post guys from the best legion

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Has anyone done the LVO heresy event? Bunch of locals are heading down for the 40k and I want to go but unless the new IA book convinces me I would rather throw down with my legion.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SRM posted:

Why would I post guys from that garbage legion when I can post guys from the best legion

It's kind of weird how we keep posting Heresy minis at the same time.

The Sisko posted:

We meet again my old friend.

Had a lot of fun with this guy , especially with the little vials he's got all over. I'm especially happy with how the transfer came out.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
not painted, but behold, the start of what looks like it will be the most expensive 30k army possible

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

not painted, but behold, the start of what looks like it will be the most expensive 30k army possible

Not true, they could be jetbikes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i will probably end up needing way more bikes than i would jetbikes, though.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Those models look phenomenal though, so let the :10bux: evaporate!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
FML. I dropped my airbrush and it snapped the "tube shank" right in two.

Edit: Ah, I guess it's the tube itself, not the shank. Argh.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 23, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

SRM posted:

Nice Alpha Legionaires!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I wish I could replace my flesh parts with cybernetics and become a machine like SRM, but alas I must settle for being a mere human, ever so slowly cranking out models.

Tried doing a gem effect on the little central chest ridge, but I forgot that they got entirely covered by the stupid bolters.

The next couple of marines are not too far off though.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 23, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Those look boss as gently caress. I love the ceramic.

I too spent my evening painting with red...

Just got to take the 8 grey ones I painted - I stripped them and removed them from their bases they came on from my friends, some of them lost their feet/claws :( I'll glue them onto 32mm tomorrow, and then see about doing some crude green stuff on the missing extremities which will be obscured by the highlights and basing anyway.

After they're done... 10 Gal Vorbak!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

GreenMarine posted:

FML. I dropped my airbrush and it snapped the "tube shank" right in two.

Edit: Ah, I guess it's the tube itself, not the shank. Argh.

You poor dude, just when everything was coming together :(

GreenMarine posted:

Very excited for the campaign. My list is built and I've assembled the last guys for a Plentiful personnel rating. I think the team is very fluffy, possibly erring on the side of fluff over effectiveness. This is one elite group of psychopaths. I'm out traveling for a few days, but upon return I'm going to be painting everything up. Should be ready with a fully painted force for the kick-off. It's been a while since I played, so I've been reading rules when I'm not working on models.

I'm slow, though. Took me 2 hours to finish assembly of the last 4 dudes. Most of that time was figuring out poses.

I'm assuming the first campaign is set in the aftermath of the dropsite massacre so I've picked a force I think represents the type of World Eaters that would have survived it. A few of them, would go on to fight the long war, as I have 40k versions of them.

I'm excited as well. We have 3 people confirmed and 3 others waffling about. Hopefully we get at least 4. If we only get 3 on the first day I'll probably run a moderated game so anyone new can learn the ropes. I think everyone is new to the system or hasn't played in quite some time.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

BULBASAUR posted:

You poor dude, just when everything was coming together :(

I ordered a replacement and then took some parts out of an older brush that uses the same bits. I'm traveling atm for son's b-day but shouldn't lose any time on my schedule.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Brexit might just go and make forge world stuff price competitive for the rest of the world considering how fast the pound is dropping right now.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Oh poo poo bout to sweep up some sweet sweet Brexit edition hams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Yeah but it will be another gfc gents