Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The only 12th dimensional chess going on here is the GOP doing their best to keep this story alive and shutting out any coverage of the libertarian party's finest hour so Gary Johnson doesn't peel too many votes away from trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nitrousoxide posted:

Status quo or very near it.

Obama's coming for your guns.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Feinstein's verson of the bill is garbo, but yes. The Senate is working on compromise legislation.

The Collins compromise amendment will likely still rely on extrajudicial lists to deny people their rights.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

Status quo or very near it.

Then what are you worried about

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

pacmania90 posted:

The Collins compromise amendment will likely still rely on extrajudicial lists to deny people their rights.

That's not an argument you're possibly going to win at this point though.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

People actually Hiss?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I feel like by this point a lot of the Democrats are suffering from low blood sugar.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lessail posted:

what was the name of the vice reporter who was a bum? Wish he was here :(

Someone give him a charger!

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I feel like by this point a lot of the Democrats are suffering from low blood sugar.

I don't know how that's possible based on what's been in the care packages everyone keeps dropping off.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hollismason posted:

Help is on the way!

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/745816378477776897

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Durbin definitely had that covered.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

zoux posted:

Then what are you worried about

The fact that people think expanding the no fly list to apply to other things is a good idea.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Former Trump staffer awarding the points to the Democrats on CNN? Looks like mission accomplished for the Democrats.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

The NRA send's the one thing more deadly than guns.

Domino's pizza :barf:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll call it at 18 hours. That's my bet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

The fact that people think expanding the no fly list to apply to other things is a good idea.

Well luckily people will only remember the stunt.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Wait, what? They're going to hold a vote on something tonight? I thought they were waiting until tomorrow?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

That's not a very good value

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Domino'snon-deep dish pizza :barf:

Fixed that for you.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

Domino's pizza :barf:

Could be worse

Could be little caesars

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Like seriously are they taking bathroom breaks?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Fixed that for you.

Ok, am i gonna have to go Louie Gomert on you?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Volkerball posted:

it's the yes men

Is it really?

That warms my heart that they've still got it if so

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm guessing if the Dem's get their bill passed a serial killer with ties to radical Islam won't be able to get an assault rifle until after a 3 day waiting period

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Slate Action posted:

Wait, what? They're going to hold a vote on something tonight? I thought they were waiting until tomorrow?

Up next is the Republican Zika response bill, I believe.

We'll see what House leadership considers "substantive".

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
it's real good that we actually have politicians debating irl instead of taking their turn to make statements into the cpan cameras for the next election

dead serious this is awesome

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

Like seriously are they taking bathroom breaks?

Yes

Unlike the senate there are no rules regarding what the democrats are doing

Ok there are rules, but most of them revolve around occupying the floor while in recess or bringing cell phones onto the floor

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

TyrantWD posted:

The beauty in all this is that on the day Trump tossed his entire Clinton attack on the table, with the goal of dominating the news cycle, the Democrats completely snuffed that out. Pundits were supposed to spend tonight picking over every little detail of his attacks, instead it's going to be old news by the time we get through the sit-in and Brexit.

Oh my god, I didn't realize that...which makes this even better. :allears:

So we've got the Democrats beating the Republicans soundly at their own games, humiliating the R's and the NRA on gun control...AND drowning out Trump? A glorious day for American democracy.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Uh pretty sure there was violence in Columbia.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/745817994316505089

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Uh pretty sure there was violence in Columbia.

There's always violence in New York City.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Someone break out the friendship bracelets and that paper fortune teller thing!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is "chryon" what that text bar at the bottom is called?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ximinez [angrily hurling away the cushions]: Hm! She is made of harder stuff! Cardinal Fang! Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!

[JARRING CHORD]

[Zoom into Fang's horrified face]

Fang [terrified]: The...Comfy Chair?

[Biggles pushes in a comfy chair -- a really plush one]

Ximinez: So you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions. Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!

[They roughly push her into the Comfy Chair]

Ximinez [with a cruel leer]: Now -- you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only a cup of coffee at eleven.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Samurai Sanders posted:

yes, its named for the company that came up with the software to do it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

On Terra Firma posted:

I don't know how that's possible based on what's been in the care packages everyone keeps dropping off.

Speaking of which, what are Hawaiian Products? Is everyone getting lei'd, or are they getting tins of spam?

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Gyges posted:

Speaking of which, what are Hawaiian Products? Is everyone getting lei'd, or are they getting tins of spam?

Spam is a Minnesota product. We just export 90% of it to the Polynesian world.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

oh god he's reading texts from the victims

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gyges posted:

Every year on the anniversary of statehood they sponsor a Mai Tai open bar at the Capitol.

Also, widespread reports tonight that not everyone on the floor is sober.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah in the same way bandaid is the name for all adhesive bandages and kleenex is the name for all tissue. There's a term for that, but I can't remember it.

• Locked thread