Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grammaton posted:

If you play Zen, do you focus on healing most or doing damage most, or switch back and forth constantly? I've tried him a few times but I'm just bad at figuring him out.

I tend to stick to heal/discord orbs, shooting at people is more of an opportunity thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Grammaton posted:

If you play Zen, do you focus on healing most or doing damage most, or switch back and forth constantly? I've tried him a few times but I'm just bad at figuring him out.

I try to stick to the back and snipe orbs on people, usually prioritizing healing > discord > attacking. At least, that's the idea. In practice I tend to overextend and find myself alone bouncing around a payload trying to tank 3 enemies at once. :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The Native Pharah legendaries make her missiles into freaking arrowheads that explode. That's ridiculous.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Brannock posted:

What screen size and resolution do you play at?

1920x1080

Are the people having trouble new to FPS' or something? I thought this was pretty standard and a health bar in the middle of my screen would make me angry and distract me.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 23, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NmareBfly posted:

I just looked up the most popular 'picking a tf2 hud' video on youtube and most of the recommended ones move the health bars up and closer to the middle from the default so I don't think I'm totally insane for thinking that'd be nice. I'm not saying it needs to be moved for everyone, I just like customizable UI's in general.

On the other hand HIGPS recommends you don't and actually explains why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgvdvac1IQA

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I don't like how Pharah looks. It's the ridiculously huge shoulders. The only skin for her that is good is the gundam one, the others all suck.

Best Lucio skin is pink Lucio.

Oh and I haven't really noticed that there is a thing to indicate the direction damage comes from either. And I still think that Tracer, D.Va, and 76's guns all feel like they are shooting piss but I know to look at enemy health bars and for the hitconfirm diamond now so it's not as big of a deal anymore.

Dren fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 23, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dren posted:

Best Lucio skin is pink Lucio.

Hell yeah :hfive:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Pocket Mercys are the worst. "I only heal MY tank."

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thor-Stryker posted:

Pocket Mercys are the worst. "I only heal MY tank."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNDEQ1gYX9U

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Streams for tonights inhouses:

http://www.hitbox.tv/Countblanc

https://www.twitch.tv/goblur

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Here's a tamer one, guess which hero this guy was playing!

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

It looks like they are playing around.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Munsun posted:

It looks like they are playing around.

He complained the whole game, he definitely was not.

He was also on the enemy team so

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 23, 2016

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I don't understand people complaining that the health bar is hard to see.

Goons are old/terrible at videogames.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

remeez posted:

i'm really good.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

I feel like the fact that you're asking means it's Reaper but my experience suggests Genji.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hanzo. It's always Hanzo.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'm surprised people are being rude in an online game

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I feel like the fact that you're asking means it's Reaper but my experience suggests Genji.

It was, in fact, Reaper!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Verranicus posted:

Some of us play on giant, impractical monitors.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Overwatch needs the strawberry jam covered screen when you get shot. Then change the gasp to "aw yummo." But only for tracer.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

Some of us play on giant, impractical monitors.

Sounds like a personal problem as opposed to a UI problem.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Verranicus posted:

tbf not having a UI scale option is kinda dumb

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verranicus posted:

Same planet different worlds man

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verranicus posted:

I play on a big huge TV right in front of my face and I don't miss poo poo except indicators during a fire fight/ ult spree

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

verbal enema posted:

Same planet different worlds man

Yeah well it's real fuckin' hard to teach a guide dog to bunnyhop.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

remeez posted:

This is true, I am both of these things.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

tbf not having a UI scale option is kinda dumb

Not a lot of FPS' have scaleable/changeable UI. It's not standard like an MMO because 99.999% of people are fine with the default.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Only small issue I have is there's no real feedback difference between a dva spraying piss at me from 100m away doing 1 dps and a bigger threat like soldier 100m away doing good dps unless I'm looking directly at them.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I for one am shocked and appalled at the language some of these people are using in these screenshots..... wowsers that's some intense stuff

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FAUXTON posted:

Yeah well it's real fuckin' hard to teach a guide dog to bunnyhop.

Why don't you play more

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

verbal enema posted:

Why don't you play more

Because

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Only small issue I have is there's no real feedback difference between a dva spraying piss at me from 100m away doing 1 dps and a bigger threat like soldier 100m away doing good dps unless I'm looking directly at them.

I've got the situational awareness add on installed and it does a great job

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Because why

U bad?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

flashman posted:

I've got the situational awareness add on installed and it does a great job

Pm me for a 107 fov config hack

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

verbal enema posted:

Because why

U bad?

Well yeah I'm goddamn terrible at this game but I know when and where I'm getting shot at from.

I just can't aim worth a drat

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Is there any situation where Hanzo is a actually a solid pick over a widow? I've pretty much avoided playing him due to the massive stigma around him but I've been having a pretty fun time with him in brawl. Granted, I do 10x better whenever I pick widow but would like to add another hero to my repertoire if possible.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I never see that kind of language (I saw a really bitter goon once but that's it), and I am up to 40 hours in the game. It feels like it is being instigated first with screenshots of only the aftermath. If it's happening to you constantly, you either have insanely bad luck or are probably kind of a dick.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sleepness posted:

Is there any situation where Hanzo is a actually a solid pick over a widow? I've pretty much avoided playing him due to the massive stigma around him but I've been having a pretty fun time with him in brawl. Granted, I do 10x better whenever I pick widow but would like to add another hero to my repertoire if possible.

Not really. However, you should just play the hero you want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ragequit posted:

I never see that kind of language (I saw a really bitter goon once but that's it), and I am up to 40 hours in the game. It feels like it is being instigated first with screenshots of only the aftermath. If it's happening to you constantly, you either have insanely bad luck or are probably kind of a dick.

40 hours is fuckin nothing lol. Nice to know that apparently the victim is the one at fault though :)