Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I have gone from being totally trash as Mei to merely mediocre. Meiby one day I shall not suck as her. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I give you Mei pictures:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I don't understand why mei is obviously an Inuit, she is wearing a parka and freezes people, just like the Inuit people do, but she speaks fluent Chinese. Weird.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Chinese people would never care about the environment, it makes no sense.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The following are absurdly hi-res so I've used imgur's resizing feature on them
(adding an L to the end of the filename), if you'd like the full resolution versions, here's the artist's DA
they're also the creator of that Mettaton EX animation that's been posted before and is at the end of this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTcRzpL7pQ&hd=1

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 10:14 on Jun 22, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
After all these years of seeing Loss tributes, I will still never understand how the original was posted in the first place, assuming Tim Buckley has even the slightest shred of self-awareness or human dignity

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The newspost proved he did not.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Krinkle posted:

I don't understand why mei is obviously an Inuit, she is wearing a parka and freezes people, just like the Inuit people do, but she speaks fluent Chinese. Weird.

She was born Inuit but after going onto tumblr realized she identified as Chinese and so proceeded to pass as a part of the Master Chinese Race. Old habits die hard however.

Nanomashoes posted:

Chinese people would never care about the environment, it makes no sense.

She doesn't, why else would she wear a heavy jacket to the daytime desert? Duh.

I'm glad you guys ask questions about the deep and meaningful lore of Overwatch.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

goose fleet posted:

After all these years of seeing Loss tributes, I will still never understand how the original was posted in the first place, assuming Tim Buckley has even the slightest shred of self-awareness or human dignity

You know what they say about assumptions

also thank you everyone for the strange dorito child arts, please keep 'em comin'

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, thank you.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Where the gently caress is Mickey?! gently caress's sake! If there's no Mickey, this poo poo ain't Disney!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ain't no Mickey in duck tales, man.

E: there's a giant mouse silhouette, actually.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

a kitten posted:

Ain't no Mickey in duck tales, man.

E: there's a giant mouse silhouette, actually.

Then Mickey is Dio???

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
Fun fact: in some parts of the world, particularly Europe and particularly particularly the Nordic countries, Donald Duck's popularity eclipses Mickey Mouse's. In these places he's become the de facto Disney mascot, and Disney products are sometimes rebranded to reflect this. For example, the Christmas special From All of Us to All of You (also known as Jiminy Cricket's Christmas) is generally called Donald Duck and Friends Celebrate Christmas, despite being presented by Jiminy Cricket and otherwise just being a generic Disney clip show.

Which reminds me; Disney comics have always been hugely popular in Europe, to the point of spawning an entire officially licensed native Disney comics industry. Probably the weirdest result of this was the Italian Paperinik; basically, in the late 60's they gave Donald Duck a "superhero" alter ego in the mold of contemporary pulp heroes. In English, the character is usually known as the "Duck Avenger".

So he's already kind of a silly crossover fan character to begin with, but the really weird stuff hit with the 1996 reboot Paperinik New Adventures:

Yeah, that's a gritty 90s sci-fi comic starring Donald Duck in a stupid mask and featuring at least two genocides.

The weirdest part is that it ain't half bad.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:dva:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I too enjoyed The Lost Vikings.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kwyndig posted:

Then Mickey is Dio???

Yeah he has the star birth mark.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Here comes a special girl!

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

Then Mickey is Dio???

Presumably Goofy is Will Zepelli and Max is Caesar Zepelli.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Yes, this thread needs more adventure zone fanart.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

This is ridiculously cute

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Caillou vs Amy's Baking Company

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2wPpu07H4k

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Rirse posted:

Yeah he has the star birth mark.

you fool, they all have the star birth mark. it's a family birthmark. how can you not know these jojofacts.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

I'm kind of impressed with how obscure that reference is

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's the best Takko I've ever seen. His facial expression is perfect.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

metricchip posted:

Yes, this thread needs more adventure zone fanart.

Agreed.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

These are so weird. There are tons of videos just like this that are just about caillou and various other random characters that have noting to do with caillou getting grounded or getting dead meat (detention or some poo poo). I just do not understand.

Just go ahead, Look up caillou gets in dead meat on youtube.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Terrorforge posted:

Fun fact: in some parts of the world, particularly Europe and particularly particularly the Nordic countries, Donald Duck's popularity eclipses Mickey Mouse's. In these places he's become the de facto Disney mascot, and Disney products are sometimes rebranded to reflect this. For example, the Christmas special From All of Us to All of You (also known as Jiminy Cricket's Christmas) is generally called Donald Duck and Friends Celebrate Christmas, despite being presented by Jiminy Cricket and otherwise just being a generic Disney clip show.

Which reminds me; Disney comics have always been hugely popular in Europe, to the point of spawning an entire officially licensed native Disney comics industry. Probably the weirdest result of this was the Italian Paperinik; basically, in the late 60's they gave Donald Duck a "superhero" alter ego in the mold of contemporary pulp heroes. In English, the character is usually known as the "Duck Avenger".

So he's already kind of a silly crossover fan character to begin with, but the really weird stuff hit with the 1996 reboot Paperinik New Adventures:

Yeah, that's a gritty 90s sci-fi comic starring Donald Duck in a stupid mask and featuring at least two genocides.

The weirdest part is that it ain't half bad.

This is fascinating, thanks for posting it. Wanna read that comic.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Linux Pirate posted:

These are so weird. There are tons of videos just like this that are just about caillou and various other random characters that have noting to do with caillou getting grounded or getting dead meat (detention or some poo poo). I just do not understand.

Just go ahead, Look up caillou gets in dead meat on youtube.

Yep, grounded videos are a thing all right. Someone suggested that they're 21st century numbers stations, I don't know if they were joking or serious but it's definitely plausible.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yep, grounded videos are a thing all right. Someone suggested that they're 21st century numbers stations, I don't know if they were joking or serious but it's definitely plausible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toNC6-9wWek&t=2826s

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

JosefStalinator posted:

calliou is grounded

This is found art. Jesus christ.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

If anything is a numbers station it's the thousands of videos of random CG characters doing nursery rhymes.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

rodbeard posted:

If anything is a numbers station it's the thousands of videos of random CG characters doing nursery rhymes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oT4upXF_wU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR_kXavJFB0

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

peep that young artist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope you will all enjoy my upcoming series of arts, Disney Princesses as Disney Princesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

• Locked thread