Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

hold on was it TNG season 2 where Troi got pregnant by some space creep and everyone was just like "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Don't touch the kettle, its hot Ethan"

Ethan touches kettle.

*Then dies 2 days later like a fruit fly, becomes a glowing ball, and Troi is all "I'll never forget you" as it phases through tritanium hull, never to be spoken of again?

Who shrinks the shrink?

ramenpower fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If Troi's mom was a telepath, was her behavior intentionally trolling everyone by just being an obnoxious sex fiend to them?

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
I think she was trolling everyone regardless.

Did her servant Mr Holme appear in DS9? Whatever happened to him?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
That Voyager episode where the ship is taken over by the Kazon dudes and the only people left on the ship are the Doctor and the crazy Maquis Murderman Tuvok fixed with a mind meld

It's supposed to be some great moral struggle for him to not kill anyone but for the entire episode I was like cmon Murderman give in to your base impulses and gently caress some poo poo up

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

If Troi's mom was a telepath, was her behavior intentionally trolling everyone by just being an obnoxious sex fiend to them?

How can you not troll every one when they say one thing but you know what they're really thinking? Or maybe Betazoids great super power is just projection.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

hold on was it TNG season 2 where Troi got pregnant by some space creep and everyone was just like "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It was the episode The Child and no, everyone wasn't like" congratulations!", lol. Riker immediately started shouting "who's the father?" and everyone else insisted she abort it, until she stood get ground and insisted on having it.

And it wasn't a space creep, it was a sparkle of light that flew up her pussy while she slept. It was also gay because for some bizarre reason, they come out as if she could be ashamed that she was pregnant. E.g. They come everyone at the ready room table, with her by herself at the far end looking at the floor while the rest of the senior officers discussed what to do with her.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Yeah, it was basically the same story as Ms. Marvel from the comics that ruined the character for over a decade.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Also, they told Marina Sirtis that she needed a Betazoid accent, so she developed that odd manner of speaking she used for the character. Then they had other Betazoid people on with no accent, so she dropped it eventually.

They did the same with Trip on Enterprise, telling him that he needed a southern accent, then decided he was from Florida. I know Florida is plenty South, but no one speaks that way down there.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Vakal posted:

Yeah, it was basically the same story as Ms. Marvel from the comics that ruined the character for over a decade.

lol you're right I might have mixed those up.

criscodisco posted:

It was the episode The Child and no, everyone wasn't like" congratulations!", lol. Riker immediately started shouting "who's the father?" and everyone else insisted she abort it, until she stood get ground and insisted on having it.

you're right she was just like "gently caress IT ITS COOL"

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

criscodisco posted:

And it wasn't a space creep, it was a sparkle of light that flew up her pussy while she slept.

I'd honestly suspect Geordie in this scenario. He could easily look to teleporting his dick around like a hunter-seeker from Dune in order to alleviate his sexual frustration.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

shadow puppet of a posted:

I'd honestly suspect Geordie in this scenario. He could easily look to teleporting his dick around like a hunter-seeker from Dune in order to alleviate his sexual frustration.

god loving drat it, its plausible

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
He'd just become Chief Engineer too, probably experimenting with all sorts of new CreepTech

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I see him transporting a load of jizz into her cooze, because he's so sad and goony he'd think that once she figured out it was his she'd settle for him and eventually throw him some rear end.

That or just use Data's invisible suit from Insurrection and hide in their sonic showers.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JediTalentAgent posted:

Because one of Roddenberry's great fears is an old hag that wants to bone down and is in control of her sexuality.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Aaronicon posted:

Yeah I get the feeling Troi was supposed to be a much bigger deal than she ended up being. Like a psychic bridge officer? Sure, sounds cool. But they never did anything interesting with that idea.

Guessing she was originally intended to have full-on telepathy and mind-reading abilities, but the problem with a character like that is that all the mystery of any plot line is removed within 5 minutes.

Alien of the Week: "Greetings, Captain! I'm here to-"

Troi: "He's a Romulan spy."

*roll credits*

------

Tamarian Captain: "Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra."

Troi: "He wants to establish diplomatic relations by inviting you to a game hunt."

*relations established, roll credits*

----
:riker: "Hello, Imzadi..."
Troi: "I don't do anal."

*roll credits*
:D

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 23, 2016

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
She totally does anal. What do you think the holy ring of Betazed is?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

criscodisco posted:

I see him transporting a load of jizz into her cooze, because he's so sad and goony he'd think that once she figured out it was his she'd settle for him and eventually throw him some rear end.

That or just use Data's invisible suit from Insurrection and hide in their sonic showers.

The secret of TNG is that all of the problems were caused by Geordi being a creep.

Like that planet that was going to explode due to volcanic activity was damaged by him using the longrange sensors to watch them take showers, the focused beams caused their magnetosphere to destabilize.

The time all the Enterprise leaked into the universe? He was using tachyons to create a subspace tunnel for his dick.

Those aliens that were abducting people with the metal rape tables? They got the schematics from him.

That time they traveled a billion light years? He asked the computer to find him someone that didn't think he was a creep.

That giant space pierogi that was loving the Enterprise? He had been flirting with it with the sensors because it was the only thing that wouldn't turn him down.

naem
May 29, 2011

Temper Trudeau posted:

*Then dies 2 days later like a fruit fly, becomes a glowing ball, and Troi is all "I'll never forget you" as it phases through tritanium hull, never to be spoken of again?

Just a magic space sparkle who lives to fly around ruining women's vaginas with child birth

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
How desperate do you have to be to hook up with an already pregnant space pierogi?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Simian_Prime posted:

Guessing she was originally intended to have full-on telepathy and mind-reading abilities, but the problem with a character like that is that all the mystery of any plot line is removed within 5 minutes.

Alien of the Week: "Greetings, Captain! I'm here to-"

Troi: "He's a Romulan spy."

*roll credits*

------

Tamarian Captain: "Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra."

Troi: "He wants to establish diplomatic relations by inviting you to a game hunt."

*relations established, roll credits*

----
:riker: "Hello, Imzadi..."
Troi: "I don't do anal."

*roll credits*
:D

Voyager's original helmsman was Betazoid. Think of the time the Federation could save if they had all Betazed crews.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

naem posted:

Just a magic space sparkle who lives to fly around ruining women's vaginas with child birth

That's the beauty of it. After space sparkle was born all signs that Troi was ever pregnant or had a kid magically away.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Automatic Slim posted:

That's the beauty of it. After space sparkle was born all signs that Troi was ever pregnant or had a kid magically away.

I assume Captain Picard sends his daily logs of the ships activities back to Starfleet command.

Those must be some interesting reads.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Imagine being able to read minds and having to sit within 10 feet of Geordie's simmering cauldron of perversion. Ranking onscreen asteroids by their fuckabilty. Smelling his fingertips whenever he takes a shift change off a redshirt. No wonder he was 'promoted' away from Troi and down into the engine room.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Were there any episodes where they worked together? I don't remember them interacting much.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
there's one where she orders him to his death in a promotion test

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Vakal posted:

I assume Captain Picard sends his daily logs of the ships activities back to Starfleet command.

Those must be some interesting reads.

imagine kirk's.

"some people took spock's brain today. it's a good thing McCoy knew how to turn him into an RC car"

"met and defended Satan in court today. he was p. cool"

"here's a supplemental log of all the space babes I've boned this week"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
"Lost my memory and became God to some space-Indians. Knocked up the chief's daughter but she's dead now, so no worries."

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
*Our communications officer got made retarded by an altruistic space probe today. Our doctor and nurse stood in sicbay laughing as she tried to learn to read again. Not sure when you'll get this.*

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Thinking about it destroying the caretaker array was probably the best career move Janeway could have made. If she went back to the badlands she would have just filed a report and continued plodding along doing poo poo for admirals. Instead she gets to be the ultimate authority on a ship she calls her own and do whatever she wants for the next 70 years while heading back towards Earth. Even if she gets home early she'll immediately get an admiralship from it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
She just wanted to leave a string of Janeway statues all across the quadrant

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Tectonis posted:

Thinking about it destroying the caretaker array was probably the best career move Janeway could have made. If she went back to the badlands she would have just filed a report and continued plodding along doing poo poo for admirals. Instead she gets to be the ultimate authority on a ship she calls her own and do whatever she wants for the next 70 years while heading back towards Earth. Even if she gets home early she'll immediately get an admiralship from it.

There is a case to be made that that was her angle the whole time. She got a visitation from her future self at the time of getting her ship, remember, letting her know what would happen so she could plan for it. She's a scientist, sent on a maquis snipe hunt on a tiny but state of the art ship just choc full of beta-release gear and bio-neural gel packs. Does anyone really think biology would be faster than FTL processors, or are they really just a way for the computer to psychically interface and modify the crew? Clearly the entire thing was an socio-pharmaco-psychological experiment to devise further insight and tactics into integrating federation-incompatibles, to let them retake the maquis and then further, conquer and integrate the Bajorans, Klingons and Cardassians. And barring seska, look at how well the mind control tactics worked, in the space of a month they completely forgot they weren't just starfleet officers, all about the prime directive and totally obeying the captain.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I would not be able to resist spiking Miles' food with the bitter taste of chee'lash fruit to give him horrific prison flashbacks and making him relive his murder of Ee'char.

What a great prank.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 23, 2016

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Ok so today's episode of Voyager was about QUANTUM SLIPSTREAM, the deus ex enginea that tempts the crew with a 3-month journey home. Turns out it was all a setup by someone who refreshingly calls Janeway out on her one-woman warpath through the Delta Quadrant and he points out that her interfering with the quad for her own selfish desire to return home has hosed over countless worlds and species so gently caress you Janeway, i'm going to borgs ya

during all this Seven Of Nines is having some kind of dilemma about whether or not she wants to return to Earth or return to the Collective or whatever, it doesn't matter because at this point in the show we all know that she's sticking around so eventually she decides to come with them to Earth

so this dude sets up the Voyagers with a transmission that just so happens to hit them just as they just so happen to be within 10 light years of what just so happens to be a spaceship that can get them home. this guy has apparently been planning this for two months and somehow knows the confidential Starfleet comm codes because uh he has a big brain??? he claims his species can speak and understand hella all languages but this could just be a bluff to explain why he can unlock the signal so easily but whatever. i mean if he could fake the signal so well that they can't tell it's fake then why does he even bother to wait two months before catching up with them, especially as it's only a couple of days out from Janeway being able to figure out the decode for the real signal so gently caress if I know.

anyway turns out this new ship is actually the dude's ship cloaked with SUPER HOLOGRAMS to make it look Federation (well, just the interior, the exterior actually is Federation or just so happens to look exactly like Fed tech for no reason? idk) and he spacejacks Janes and Nines and flies them into Borg space but then Nines can assimilate pass energy barriers if you fiddle with her borgpiece with a space wire (why did she disable that in the first place, that seems a super useful thing to have even if you're not Borg as hell) they teleport out because it took Voyager all of like a day to recreate this hyperadvanced new QUANTUM SLIPSTREAM thing and caught up with them, then they burn it out to death getting as far away as possible and it's literally IMPOSSIBLE to ever fix or replace because [REASONS]

BUT THEN SO9 is all 'humans beep boop nothing is impossible boop beep' and the end

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Tectonis posted:

I sometimes wonder if Janeway was related to/had the same mental disorder as that woman in DS9 who intentionally strands some colonists on a planet with some forcefield that disables technology so she could rule over them with an iron fist .

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

"Captain's log: Landed on a planet that was just like 20th century Rome. Was captured and forced to perform as gladiators on live television. It was pretty baller. Check out this YouTube video we downloaded. Way better than that Triskellion bullshit. "

"Captain's log: Picked up surviving children of some kind of massacre. All the parents are dead. Turns out they were egged on by a malevolent space ghost and can make adults hallucinate. Suited them up for 'extra vehicular field trip' and immediately warped out of there. "

"Captain's log: Nailed a science officer from an alternate mirror universe and her counterpart in this one. Alike and different in so many ways…

Also, I suggest Starfleet invest in R&D in motivational devices called 'agonizers'."

"Captain's Log: Commodore Mendez and I kept asking Pike complex questions that made affirmation the negative and vice versa. Mean but funny as hell.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 23, 2016

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I haven't seen any old school TOS in a long time until very recently because I thought it'd probably be unwatchable with modern standards. I was very surprised how entertaining it still is. A pity there isn't really a lot of it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Betazed was occupied by the Dominion at one point. They probably weren't impressed by the sexnasium.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think the best Mama Troi episode is on DS9 where she's so eager to jump Odo's goo she psychically infects everyone with a disease that makes them want to jump whoever they have a crush on.

Then Jadzia figures something's up but instead of saying "hey, something's up" she pranks Sisko by making him think Dax has jungle fever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Captain Janeway passes up so many easy chances to return home that it makes my head spin.

"This machine can send us back home instantly, but I'm afraid the Kazon will use it to gently caress with the Caretaker's short-lived zoo people, so let's blow it up. No objections whatsoever?"

"Sorry Q, even though you promised to zap us home, I cannot let you protect the life of this suicidal member of your species."

"These aliens have folding space technology that can teleport people thousands of light years away, but I don't want to take this technology because I bickered with their king."