Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The ATF raided the wrong Waco compound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
It might be that some of those who think our opinions are "absolutely disgusting" and that we are "ignorant rednecks" might get off their asses and seek all of the facts instead of accepting those narratives ESPN and the other lazy, sensationalist and uninformed outlets have propagated!

Maybe those who think we are "ignorant rednecks" should look at the Clery Reports that show Baylor was #10 out of the ten schools in the BIG12 regarding incidents of on campus rape and sexual assault and the latest TITLE IX reports show that the number of colleges under investigation are at 107 and growing; and that Baylor was not even being investigated by TITLE IX...

Being uninformed and remaining purposefully misinformed while still making uninformed assertions is the description of most Americans. American love the bliss of their ignorance. That is how we hide from our civic and social responsibilities. I have come to believe that most Americans refuse to seek knowledge because they are afraid they'll find it. If Americans would work harder to seek and find knowledge, they'd find that they'd have to alter their previously unfounded opinions about most things; that, of course, is anathema to our national core being!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Scionix posted:

It might be that some of those who think our opinions are "absolutely disgusting" and that we are "ignorant rednecks" might get off their asses and seek all of the facts instead of accepting those narratives ESPN and the other lazy, sensationalist and uninformed outlets have propagated!

Maybe those who think we are "ignorant rednecks" should look at the Clery Reports that show Baylor was #10 out of the ten schools in the BIG12 regarding incidents of on campus rape and sexual assault and the latest TITLE IX reports show that the number of colleges under investigation are at 107 and growing; and that Baylor was not even being investigated by TITLE IX...

Being uninformed and remaining purposefully misinformed while still making uninformed assertions is the description of most Americans. American love the bliss of their ignorance. That is how we hide from our civic and social responsibilities. I have come to believe that most Americans refuse to seek knowledge because they are afraid they'll find it. If Americans would work harder to seek and find knowledge, they'd find that they'd have to alter their previously unfounded opinions about most things; that, of course, is anathema to our national core being!

Shot in the dark here, taking a wild guess, but I'm going to say the guy who originally wrote that comment likes Trump

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If only you were more intelligent you'd see that's I'm not the one who is ignoring tons of evidence here!

oh and props to the guy who said she's trying to get money money by playing up the victim card, who later said consent was probably taken away the moment she had an orgasm

gently caress.Me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The body has a way of shutting that whole thing down, etc., etc.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TwittCommit/status/745403823766659072

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
the greatest tragedy in all this is that we can no longer post the gif of the car on fire with the baylor bear hanging out, in good conscious,

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
photoshop the bear into the branch-dividian fire

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Scionix posted:

Baylor was #10 out of the ten schools in the BIG12 regarding incidents of on campus rape and sexual assault

Saddam Hussein was wildly popular, just check out these election results with 99.96% approval!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Genuinely shocked it came down to 2 votes instead of 1

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

This is just lovely enough that I believe it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Chris James 2 posted:

Genuinely shocked it came down to 2 votes instead of 1

One vote and it would have been a tie so

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Who is this?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

General Dog posted:

Who is this?

It's Dave

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor Facts: Kicked the player off the team who raped someone and made sure he got arrested unlike all the OTHER schools. Girl kept coming by Briles office afterwards every day for 4 years straight after HIllary Clinton mysteriously enacts Titl IX in Waco because... Briles fired with TONS of evidence and cause that's obvious... gets paid $40 million due to no evidence. Hmmm..?? champ next year 2017 champ?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Big 12 asks for report

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211028434

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I'd feel pretty comfortable calling their bluff if I was Baylor, I doubt any of the school presidents truly want to set a precedent here.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

General Dog posted:

I'd feel pretty comfortable calling their bluff if I was Baylor, I doubt any of the school presidents truly want to set a precedent here.

Baylor did just that. "We're reviewing the request... blah blah blah... brave survivors... blah blah blah... gently caress off... blah blah blah."

Now we see if the Big XII has any balls in taking action.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Big 12 gonna subpoena AFF

"Heres The TRUTH Kicked the player off the team and he gets arrested because art briles takes him to the police who he TOOK a PICTURE with shaking hands art briles mayor? Girl somehow keeps complaining how can she complain there's no title IX office to Complain To its not on campus so where is it...NOWHERE. Briles fired but payed forty million because they know briles is clean best texas high school coach now best unemployed coach...baylor 2017 CHAMPS."

*judge stares w/mouth open*

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
How many years of contempt imprisonment could AFF rack up?
(reference quote from USPol thread)

SquadronROE posted:

Georgia man threatens to kill Judge's family, feed them to him:

http://imgur.com/a/skffp

Oh, also some other random court talk. It's probably pretty boring to you guys.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rebel1608 posted:

How many years of contempt imprisonment could AFF rack up?
(reference quote from USPol thread)

This is mild compared to the rest of that image dump.

e: Why was this linked? I can't stop reading it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 23, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
not gonna lie, super happy I read that whole thing

Favorite part:

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 23, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
At what point do you just decide a guy isn't fit to stand trial.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If it were that easy no one would ever get convicted of anything

"You mean I get to call the judge a horse-rear end, dick-suckin-rear end, big butt fuckman-rear end cracker AND not go to prison? Sign me up."

And yeah I know I linked that on kinda flimsy pretense sorry, it just had me laughing my rear end off and I wanted to share

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Plus I looked it up and he was already committed for six years to an institution

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Reminds me of this series which is hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbqAMEwtOE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

swickles posted:

Pro click

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

swickles posted:

hahahaha I remember this poo poo

Everyone in a government job should please jump out a window thanks except my buds in TFF you can stay

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I like the part where the judge suggested he suck the all the jurors' dicks to win his case.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I thought I misread that at first. So good.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lmao

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

"Can I get my dick sucked" is partly what started all this mess at Baylor...

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

awww does it hurt?? that were the best

http://km8news.com/waco-texas/orlando-bloom-explains-why-hes-moving-to-waco-texas/

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

baylor released 5 players from their LOIs

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Oh wow, In-n-Out and Potbelly? Thank God Waco finally got a couple of fast food options. It was brutal just having like 7 Whataburgers plus McDonald's, Wendy's, Popeyes, Panda Express, Long John Silvers, Burger King, Subway, Sonic, Dairy Queen, Chick Fil-A, Arby's, Taco Bell, Jersey Mikes, KFC, Raising Cane's, Jimmy John's, Golden Chick, Jack in the Box, Schlotzy's, Quizno's, Carl's Jr and Taco Cabana

Didn't y'all get a Fuego too (I think that place is pretty deece)

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 24, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lol baylor didn't even tell the players they were being released before they told the media https://twitter.com/mbpRivals/status/746118449051533312

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ohhhh poo poo Patrick Hudson come on down to Austin bro

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who cares they're free

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It's still lovely to not tell them first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Your Baylor Friday Night News Dump

quote:

WACO, Texas (June 24, 2016) – Baylor University and Art Briles have mutually agreed to terminate their employment relationship, effective immediately. Both parties acknowledge that there were serious shortcomings in the response to reports of sexual violence by some student-athletes, including deficiencies in University processes and the delegation of disciplinary responsibilities with the football program. Baylor is addressing these shortcomings and making ongoing improvements.

Baylor wishes Coach Briles well in his future endeavors. Coach Briles expresses his thanks to the City of Waco and wishes the Baylor Bears success in the future.

• Locked thread