Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Fat and Useless posted:

I want to get back in to this but $40 for Heavensward is killing that urge really fast. How often does it pop up on sale?

How about right now? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-windows/1118296.p?id=1219470065279&skuId=1118296

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
So here's a recruitment code if someone who wants to try the game and also be rad.
9K6DYHK7
help me Posted solely for your benefit

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

We're sorry. This item is not available for pickup within 250 miles of xxxxx. Shipping: Not Available.

Thanks for trying though. $25 from gamestop seems like the cheapest if I want to wait a week for shipping.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
And if you want to be ultra-chill, there's BRD. 8 weaponskills (of which you'll mostly be using 6), a couple OGCDs of which only a few are majorly important, and it can crib from both Pugilist and Dragoon. Doesn't even need a fifth cross-class action if you want to free up a button. The only real complexity comes from trying to adjust to Wanderer's Minuet.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unknown Quantity posted:

And if you want to be ultra-chill, there's BRD. 8 weaponskills (of which you'll mostly be using 6), a couple OGCDs of which only a few are majorly important, and it can crib from both Pugilist and Dragoon. Doesn't even need a fifth cross-class action if you want to free up a button. The only real complexity comes from trying to adjust to Wanderer's Minuet.

Even then the cast times are the shortest in the game and don't have any gotchas like Machinist does with its ammo/random proc system.

Edit: To speak a little bit more about MCH, when they announced it and showed off some skills I was all 'awesome, I'll drop BRD and go do that!' and then it came out.

Hit 1, 1, 1, 1, ooh I can hit 2, 1, 1, Reload's up! 1,2,1,3,2, ammo's gone, 1, 1, ooh I can hit 2... ad nausea. Even the introduction of turrets and wildfire didn't appreciably change up the fact that most of the time I was just hitting the same button every goddamn GCD and waiting for that brief window when I could do burst damage instead of pixel chipping.

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 23, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
It also doesn't help that several bosses and minibosses have a nasty habit of, due to you activating your giant damage spike and everyone else doing the same, leaping away or going invincible or untargetable just as Wildfire is about to go off. Seriously though, there's all of four things BRDs have to learn.

1) Learn when to sacrifice a shot in exchange for not dying to an AoE, or turning off Minuet altogether if the fight's got too much moving involved

2) Watch bars and sing when needed, albeit most of those amount to "use Foe Requiem if there's a BLM/SMN, or Mage Ballad when a healer gets rezzed."

3) Barrage goes on Empyreal Arrow and nothing else.

(optional) 4) Coordinate with your WAR buddies so you can Warden's Paean their Pacification away. The healer will usually Esuna it away anyway, but it helps save the healer a step.

Compare to MNK or DRG which have crazy flowcharts, NIN which requires being quick on the draw with mudras, MCH which has the issues listed above, and SMN which...is honestly sorta simple too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone on Excalibur who could craft Camphorwood Necklace of Casting (HQ)? I will provide gold and mats ofc. There's none on the MP.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Unknown Quantity posted:

Compare to MNK or DRG which have crazy flowcharts, NIN which requires being quick on the draw with mudras, MCH which has the issues listed above, and SMN which...is honestly sorta simple too.

I can't speak for MNK but DRG at 50 is "2 full thrust combos for every chaos thrust combo while keeping heavy thrust and phlebotomize up, throwing ogcds in between" and at 60 is "alternate full thrust / chaos thrust with BOTD finishers while keeping heavy thrust, phlebotomize and BOTD up while using geirskogul as much as you can without running your BOTD timer to zero, putting ogcds beteen every attack (and eventually work you way up to double weaving OGCDs)". I don't think it's that crazy.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Unknown Quantity posted:

Not a buffed sidewinder with both dots active? I thought sidewinder with both dots had a higher potency than EA

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

barrage works on weaponskills only. EA is a weaponskill, sidewinder is not.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Please don't waste GCDs cleansing warrior pacification regardless of your class

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i finally read and caught up with all the patch notes from 3.01 to current

i am probably not ever gonna unsub again because i have so much to catch up on aaaa

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.

Rafza posted:

i finally read and caught up with all the patch notes from 3.01 to current

i am probably not ever gonna unsub again because i have so much to catch up on aaaa

So you'll follow the normal pattern of Flameke and quit in 2-3 weeks.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sentient Data posted:

Not a buffed sidewinder with both dots active? I thought sidewinder with both dots had a higher potency than EA

It does, but like the poster above me mentioned, Barrage doesn't work on Sidewinder, since it's an Ability.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Tortolia posted:

Please don't waste GCDs cleansing warrior pacification regardless of your class

Handily, paean is off GCD now. Still not worth making a huge stink over, because cleansing berserk pacification is indeed not a major priority for anyone. Do it if it's convenient though.

Unknown Quantity posted:

2) Watch bars and sing when needed, albeit most of those amount to "use Foe Requiem if there's a BLM/SMN, or Mage Ballad when a healer gets rezzed."

Requiem is also for dishonest healers, even if you don't get a BLM/SMN. If you don't get a BLM/SMN and your healer never contributes damage, then yeah go ahead and ignore requiem.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

In random dungeons, you can just put paean on the warrior right before a pull. If they're smart they'll know how to use it.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Vil posted:

Requiem is also for dishonest healers, even if you don't get a BLM/SMN. If you don't get a BLM/SMN and your healer never contributes damage, then yeah go ahead and ignore requiem.

There are a few other niche uses for it, particularly with Ninja. Kassatsu Raiton with Battle Voiced Requiem is pretty nice.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vil posted:

It's also good for AOE pulls with a dark knight, since most of their AOE damage is magic.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Hi thread, finally found a charging station for my Logistics System (bonus: it shits hearts out all over the place)

PS: housing is fun as gently caress if you managed to get a place

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Balmung?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Yeah. Not my screenshot. I just find it amazing that this isn't the first time people have come use his house for ERP.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

Fat and Useless posted:

I want to get back in to this but $40 for Heavensward is killing that urge really fast. How often does it pop up on sale?

PS4 store has sale pretty often, I think there's square enix sale right now actually. No idea about pc

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

It's also good for AOE pulls with a dark knight, since most of their AOE damage is magic.

Unaspected Magic though, it doesn't benefit from foes.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
got a nutkin today out of aquapolis. my character did not look impressed

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Putting actions for the other player, how terrible. Maybe yellow box didn't feel the heat between pink box's legs :colbert:

Also there is no way to actually boot a player from inside your house is there?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Mordiceius posted:

Yeah. Not my screenshot. I just find it amazing that this isn't the first time people have come use his house for ERP.
well, they also hold date auctions on out on the mist's beachfront

Stufoo
May 9, 2010

Everybody Loves Me
and that's just about as funky as I can be

EponymousMrYar posted:

Did you think about that for any amount of time before posting

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Finally got a chance to run Aquapolis. It's pretty much a baldfaced-copied Diablo lootfest complete with goddamn treasure goblins. I was laughing the entire time, and also realizing the truth behind the Thavnairan outfits suddenly becoming extremely cheap.

We then went to EX roulette and our tank was this towel-clad gentleman.

This is from a few pages ago, but...

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What is a terrible color to dye your roof in Mist because gently caress the home owners association

Truga posted:

Lime Green never disappoints

Yeah...this is exactly what happened when I nagged a neighbor to dye their roof, my entirely innocent intention being a more compelling visual from the beach.

I consider it a success. :shepface:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Stufoo posted:

Did you think about that for any amount of time before posting

Five minutes actually and it's a misleading tooltip issue. I have no data on how much it actually affects DRK's magic attacks (or if they're excluded from foes because of mysterious reasons.)

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

EponymousMrYar posted:

Aspected just means it has an element. Magic is magic, so it benefits from foe's either way.

Physical attacks can also be aspected, like windbite.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Exponential Decay posted:

Aspected just means it has an element. Magic is magic, so it benefits from foe's either way.

Physical attacks can also be aspected, like windbite.

And they're not affected because Foe's doesn't do what it says it does. If Foe's did do that, then unaspected magic damage wouldn't be affected. But it is, because Foe's tooltip is wrong.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mazed posted:

Finally got a chance to run Aquapolis. It's pretty much a baldfaced-copied Diablo lootfest complete with goddamn treasure goblins.

Isn't it great :allears:

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
I forgot my password on ffgoons and put in for a lost password to my email a couple hours ago. I've yet to get an email, nothing in spam, etc. Is this something that I have to manually bother someone for or is the site having issues like the authentication stuff that was happening/is still going on?

Irae
Nov 19, 2011

Alder posted:

Anyone on Excalibur who could craft Camphorwood Necklace of Casting (HQ)? I will provide gold and mats ofc. There's none on the MP.

If you haven't found anyone else by then, I can do that at around 6 pm GMT. What's your ingame name?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

Is FFGoons not playing nice with the updated forums code? I have the password as literally every part of my profile and it's still not finding it.

The admins confirmed the authenticator isn't working right now, but someone might be able to manually auth you?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

And they're not affected because Foe's doesn't do what it says it does. If Foe's did do that, then unaspected magic damage wouldn't be affected. But it is, because Foe's tooltip is wrong.

I don't see how this is at all ambiguous.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Servers are back up. Nothing too interesting in the notes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Verranicus posted:

The only thing LOTRO does better than FFXIV is the music system.

LOTRO music system should be in every MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Unknown Quantity posted:

Since I recently started levelling BRD, i've meant to ask what I should use Barrage on and up till now i've been using it for procced Straight Shots.

• Locked thread