Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Arglebargle III posted:

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can get the Compassion virtue after killing the Shaelmaar, and letting the old guy have the statue's balls for one day before returning them to the art museum guy.

There's a third option I think, if the second thing doesn't count: during the contract to guide the nobleman through the woods find out what's wrong with his daughter from the guards and ask him about her when you pick up the painting

e: information is spotty, I've also seen freeing the panther during the above quest listed :shrug: fwiw I did all of these things and got it.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So uh what kind of beast is the archespore anyway? I can't seem to find them in the beastiary.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Cursed.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Well, just wrapped up B&W and goddamn that's how you do an expansion and wrap up a series. I get that this is pretty clearly the end of the Witcher, but man I can't help but think it'd be cool to have them do more. Maybe prequel stuff, I haven't read the books but Geralt and co. are always talking about kicking rad adventures that happened before the games and it feels like they could be pretty cool to experience in video game form. With the way that each new game in the series has improved so enormously upon its predecessors, I'm pretty sure that at this rate a new the Witcher would probably be the best game ever.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gobblecoque posted:

Well, just wrapped up B&W and goddamn that's how you do an expansion and wrap up a series. I get that this is pretty clearly the end of the Witcher, but man I can't help but think it'd be cool to have them do more. Maybe prequel stuff, I haven't read the books but Geralt and co. are always talking about kicking rad adventures that happened before the games and it feels like they could be pretty cool to experience in video game form. With the way that each new game in the series has improved so enormously upon its predecessors, I'm pretty sure that at this rate a new the Witcher would probably be the best game ever.

If they do another game set in the Witcher universe, I want it to be a Ciri game. But if they make a Ciri game, I want universe hopping to be a thing (like that one endgame Witcher 3 quest), so in the end it wouldn't really be in the Witcher universe the whole time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They need to do a dlc where dandelion tells the story of how geralt fought the zeugl in tretogor with geralt constantly interrupting the story because he wants to tell it for so long

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A Vesemir prequel would be pretty sweet.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I want the prequel with brown haired regular eyed geralt at Witcher College studying hard for his final exam to not die during his trial of the grasses

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow gently caress Stjepan. His Gwent deck is complete bullshit at that stage of the game.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

hemophilia posted:

I want the prequel with brown haired regular eyed geralt at Witcher College studying hard for his final exam to not die during his trial of the grasses

Hell yeah I can't wait for old speartip to mash my mutant balls into paste

edit: also young Lambert probably listens to Linkin Park

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Young berengar is the bully of the group

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Moose-Alini posted:

It is so good! Even the picky eaters in the house loved it, just didn't let them see what it's made out of. I live in Florida and just bought a big bag at the super market for $9. I'd double the crayfish if I made it again.

I haven't found that one. Was thinking E'toule Blanch pasta next. Really simple and already have everything I'd need.

Yeah it's nerdy as hell but I love to cook and really got into this game.

This is the only game is seen recipes where I pondered the ingredients and thought "that actually sounds really good".

The nearby butcher does have rabbits though.

The recipe should also be at the Cockatrice around where you found the chowder one.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Arglebargle III posted:

I still think they should reboot the series for the 1930s. Gerald Durywka, P.I.

They did, it's called Blues and Bullets

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there anywhere in Velen/Novigrad you can farm Nekker hearts?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RatHat posted:

Philippa's hideout has a lot.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

RatHat posted:

There is a cluster of nekker nests in some Velen fields east of Reardon Manor. Kill them but don't blow up the nest. Leave, rinse, repeat.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

nests are a decent source for loot in general, nekker's and necrophages usually come in multiples if you blow them up, maybe leave up a nest for farming purposes but blowing one might get you what you need

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I need like 7 so I doubt one nest(or even 3) will be enough.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

:psyduck:

I completely forgot about this scene from the very beginning of the drat game

(was watching the Extra Play video mentioned earlier)

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Azazell0 posted:

I remember thinking the first time I'd spoke to him and he just vanishes i was like 'wow too lazy to animate him walking away' forgetting Geralt kinda looks around like 'what the gently caress' when that happens.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Azazell0 posted:

I love how they frame him like that, foreshadowing that he's the one who actually knows something.

RatHat posted:

I need like 7 so I doubt one nest(or even 3) will be enough.

Also, do the contract: Strange Beast, in Skellige.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Azazell0 posted:

Do the Extra Play videos spoil any of the DLC story?

EDIT: He said he's barely seen any of the DLC so I'm gonna guess no.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 23, 2016

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Have to say that fighting those huge hanse groups using arrow-deflecting Grandmaster Feline armor, Rend, Whirl and Aard that blows people up is some of the most fun I've had in this game.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is it true that only skill that has any utility outside of combat the Delusion upgrade? I'm a sucker for skill-checks like in Obsidian games and it's not random like a Bethesda game, right?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Have to say that fighting those huge hanse groups using arrow-deflecting Grandmaster Feline armor, Rend, Whirl and Aard that blows people up is some of the most fun I've had in this game.

Or you could just set them all on fire. I have the ability that gives you invincibility frames when dodging so I just dodge around like a lunatic in between bursts of fire.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't know how much that ability actually does since the dodge already has a ton of invincibility frames.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Only works when dodging forward, too. I skip it these days.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did the DLC add new things to Novigrad? I definitely don't remember this Nowhere Inn.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Antti posted:

Or you could just set them all on fire. I have the ability that gives you invincibility frames when dodging so I just dodge around like a lunatic in between bursts of fire.

I guess, but literally blowing them up with that new Aard mutation skill and cutting the frozen survivors into pieces with my sword is more satisfying imo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is it true that only skill that has any utility outside of combat the Delusion upgrade? I'm a sucker for skill-checks like in Obsidian games and it's not random like a Bethesda game, right?

Ya. Make sure you have it equipped or it won't work either.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

RatHat posted:

Did the DLC add new things to Novigrad? I definitely don't remember this Nowhere Inn.

You go there during the main game quest Following the Thread.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It's kinda tucked away so that you don't even know it is there unless you're specifically looking for it. It's pretty fitting for shady drinking hole in the poorest part of town.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Slashrat posted:

It's kinda tucked away so that you don't even know it is there unless you're specifically looking for it. It's pretty fitting for shady drinking hole in the poorest part of town.

There's a ton of places like that in the game that are unmarked. Like Odrin's fishing shack shopping emporium, or the Alchemist hiding in the crematorium.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Inspector Gesicht posted:

For conversations? Yes and yes. Other factors that might influence dialogue choices are previous character interactions, having found and read pertinent clues/books related to whatever quest you might be doing and reading the mood of whatever situation you might be in to steer conversations.

There's really no hard dialog checks as far as skills/stats go.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
I've run into a weird bug. I'm playing on PS4 and NG+.

I played about halfway through the B&W main quest, then went back to finish off the vanilla game main story because I have heard there's some interesting content in the DLC if you've done so. The 1.22 patch also downloaded and installed at this point.

Now, I can't advance any quests in Toussaint. In the main questline I'm meant to report to the Duchess. I can talk to her, but have no quest-related options. Likewise, in the painting quest I'm meant to meet the painter - he's there and marked by a quest marker, but I can't initiate dialogue with him.

Quest progression works elsewhere in the game. I just did the Beast of Honorton quest, which was broken for me last time I tried (a few patches ago).

Is this a known issue? More importantly, is there a fix for it...?

Edit: Oh, it's a 1.22 issue.. Annoying, but I guess I had things that I should be doing today instead of playing vidya...

oxford_town fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 23, 2016

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

necrobobsledder posted:

Only works when dodging forward, too. I skip it these days.

Whaaat? Dang, I've gotta test that. I sure could use that slot for something else.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arcsquad12 posted:

Alchemist hiding in the crematorium.
wat

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Is grinding for loot, crafting materials or experience ever a thing?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

poor life choice posted:

Is grinding for loot, crafting materials or experience ever a thing?

crafting materials, though if you are just looting most things you come across as you play, you probably only need to buy a few things to make anything you need. Some witcher gear and potions need something that is hard to find, so you might need to look it up and go get it, but most have good drop rates. Nekker hearts are the notorious pain in the rear end one as the drop rate is bad, even on their nests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
I never grinded for anything and by the end I managed to craft a grandmaster armor set, had all the decoctions I wanted and all the oils at max level except for maybe two of them. Granted, I did almost all of the sidequests and contracts, and explored about 80% of the map. Finding some materials can be a pain, but you can usually go around and buy them from different merchants.