Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, that explains why people keep saying that they could totally bring Malgus back in a later expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was even going to come back in carbonite at some point in KOTFE's development, but they cut the idea.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Yeah apparently it was too complicated so they just made it so you hit him a few more times and he keels over. Epic confrontation, it isn't.

I thought they changed it because over leveled DPS got to the point he could bug out and become invincible if you pushed him through his phases too quick. Making him kill able was just a quick and easy fix.

The bullshit part was before they added the grenades so if you didn't have any KB you couldn't finish him.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The bullshit part was before they added the grenades so if you didn't have any KB you couldn't finish him.

Yep, genius level design there. Let's have a boss fight that is literally unbeatable with certain group comps.

Don't forget that he could also be goaded to leap into the pit himself about 10 seconds into the fight.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nipponophile posted:

Yep, genius level design there. Let's have a boss fight that is literally unbeatable with certain group comps.

Don't forget that he could also be goaded to leap into the pit himself about 10 seconds into the fight.

Like if you tried to do KP with 2+ mercs as your DPS and you couldn't kill Sorno because your tank could only interrupt one move and the DPS were helpless due to mercs having no interrupt in the beginning.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Nipponophile posted:

Actually this sounds fantastic though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Actually this sounds fantastic though.

It's like convincing saren to kill himself at the end of mass effect

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Bwahahaha, just did the DS trooper choice after Voss to straight up murder a senator in session, was glorious. I'm guessing the anonymous e-mail supporting that choice must have been from Saresh, a pardon after she becomes Chancellor is about the only way I can figure why the trooper doesn't get executed for high treason after that one. Admittedly still not as funny as the DS agent chapter 1 option to side with Jadus, which in addition to the hilarity of actually siding with the Bond-styled villain leads to everybody in the Empire pretty much stuck with a terrified smile on their face praising Jadus (the mass devastation day becomes a new loving holiday for the Empire!) and the agent as the Hand of Jadus. I love it when they have the options to just go totally off the rails like those.

If anybody needs the "simulated meat bag" achievement that you can only do when someone is doing the HK-55 re-recruitment let me know, was going to do that Friday night now that I finally finished through Chapter 14 and the drat game isn't locking me out of doing it. Can do it either Republic or Empire side, got my mains on both sides ready for it.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

MadDogMike posted:

Bwahahaha, just did the DS trooper choice after Voss to straight up murder a senator in session, was glorious. I'm guessing the anonymous e-mail supporting that choice must have been from Saresh, a pardon after she becomes Chancellor is about the only way I can figure why the trooper doesn't get executed for high treason after that one. Admittedly still not as funny as the DS agent chapter 1 option to side with Jadus, which in addition to the hilarity of actually siding with the Bond-styled villain leads to everybody in the Empire pretty much stuck with a terrified smile on their face praising Jadus (the mass devastation day becomes a new loving holiday for the Empire!) and the agent as the Hand of Jadus. I love it when they have the options to just go totally off the rails like those.

If anybody needs the "simulated meat bag" achievement that you can only do when someone is doing the HK-55 re-recruitment let me know, was going to do that Friday night now that I finally finished through Chapter 14 and the drat game isn't locking me out of doing it. Can do it either Republic or Empire side, got my mains on both sides ready for it.

Yeah that's a big reason why I think the Agent storyline is the best.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
So apparently you have to be level 60 to start the Fallen Empire stuff?

Bit anticlimactic. Saved Corellia and the galaxy and now woop, gotta go dick about on Ilum and Makeb for a few more levels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

So apparently you have to be level 60 to start the Fallen Empire stuff?

Bit anticlimactic. Saved Corellia and the galaxy and now woop, gotta go dick about on Ilum and Makeb for a few more levels.

99% of the people that play the game are 65 by the time they finish Corellia right now. If you did the "critical path" of doing story and planetary arcs, you should have been 60 easy.

And I would just go do Heroics instead of Ilum or Makeb if you've done them already.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MadDogMike posted:

I actually still need to do this one, that blinking alliance alert has been driving me nuts because I wanted to make sure I got all the cheevos.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Medullah posted:

99% of the people that play the game are 65 by the time they finish Corellia right now. If you did the "critical path" of doing story and planetary arcs, you should have been 60 easy.

And I would just go do Heroics instead of Ilum or Makeb if you've done them already.

I was 54 after doing all the purple planet missions and jedi knight story missions but it's taken me like 8 months and I know they've rejigged the levelling system at least once in that time, so possibly I'm just a bit underlevelled from being halfway through when they shook everything up.

I just discovered the cool Star Fox-style space missions and have never done Ilum/Makeb/Shadow of Revan so there's enough to keep me amused for a few more levels at least.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Vitamin P posted:

I just discovered the cool Star Fox-style space missions and have never done Ilum/Makeb/Shadow of Revan so there's enough to keep me amused for a few more levels at least.

You can easily gain a level or two through space missions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's the TLDR of the Dark vs. Light event:

Character needs to be new, created on or after the 28th.

When you hit 25 with it, you get:
- 5 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Heroic Victor”

Hit 50 and do 3 story flashpoints (Esseles, Taral V and Maelstrom as Republic, Black Talon, Boarding Party and Foundry as Imp) and get. Solo allowed:
- Shade Stalker Runt Mini-Pet
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Helm, Chest and Legs – grants +25% Bonus XP (Earn the full set to get +50% Bonus XP)!
- 10 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Destined Victor”

Beat the SoR and KOTFE campaigns (1-9 for KOTFE) with your character, plus do the stronghold intro quest and get:
- Victor’s Trailblazer Bike Mount
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Belt and Bracer – grants +15% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!
- 10 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Valiant Victor"

Finish the rest of KOTFE, do 5 Alliance recruitments, do every tactical flashpoint, and get Valor 5 (PvP):
- Victorious Trailblazer’s Armor Set
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Gloves and Boots – grants +10% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!
- 15 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Champion Victor”

Hit level 65 on both an Imp and Pub, defeat round 5 of the Eternal Championship on each:
- The merciless Darth Hexid Companion or the courageous Master Ranos Companion – your Dark or Light side decisions in-game will determine which Companion reward gets unlocked!
- 15 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Eternal Victor"

Kill 50 Gree during the Relics event, 50 Rakghouls during their event, infect 5 other players, kill 50 anythings on Oricon, kill 5 world bosses, 5 specific Ops bosses (in Karagga, Terror, Ravagers, Dread Fortress and Scum and Villainy), beat round 10 of the Eternal Championship as both Rep and Imp, you still reading this? Jesus Christ, do every hard flashpoint, 5 Starfighter matches, 5 warzones, 3 bounty contracts, finish Ziost, now you have to have given up right?, level every loving class to 50 during this event, max all 6 crafting skills, get Dark 5 and Light 5, find 5 datacrons, earn 1mil credits, buy a 1mil decoration (specific one), unlock HK-51, you know what gently caress it nobody is doing this:

- Victor’s Titan Turret Tank Mount
- Victorious Titan’s Armor Set
- 30 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Legendary Victor”

Long winded version here, plus reward pictures and pack contents info: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/23/swtor-light-vs-dark-event-info-guide/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's kind of a giant "eff you" to nerds like me that have already done all this stuff and aren't exactly jumping to do it again. :(

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

That's kind of a giant "eff you" to nerds like me that have already done all this stuff and aren't exactly jumping to do it again. :(

Yeah, I'm not sure I like this. That's an immense amount of stuff to do. Again.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The absurd part is after doing all that final bullshit, they don't give you the other companion.

This shouldn't be an event, it should be a permanent feature. This would be very nice for new players, and incentivizes KOTFE a bit more.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

"Reach Level 50 with all 8 classes"

Again? gently caress off Bioware.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
At least tell me all the rewards go into collections so other characters can use them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel a great disturbance in the force. Like a million... okay maybe a few hundred thousand... voices crying out in anger.

Really though, if they make this a permanent thing it's a pro in every single way. Reward progress, incentivize subscribing when you hit as far as F2P can, calm the millions of angry nerd voices by giving them as much time as they want to do it.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I've already done all that stuff. Some of it multiple times. I'm not doing it again.
Maybe it's time to let my sub lapse for the first time in years after chapter 16 comes out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I feel a great disturbance in the force. Like a million... okay maybe a few hundred thousand... voices crying out in anger.

Really though, if they make this a permanent thing it's a pro in every single way. Reward progress, incentivize subscribing when you hit as far as F2P can, calm the millions of angry nerd voices by giving them as much time as they want to do it.

Gasoline posted:

I've already done all that stuff. Some of it multiple times. I'm not doing it again.
Maybe it's time to let my sub lapse for the first time in years after chapter 16 comes out.

Yeah this is definitely targetted at keeping subscribers that just started with KOTFE.

I'm not really angry, it's a lot of really cool achievements, I just don't plan on doing them again. It's actually kind of a relief because if this is the "event" for the rest of the year after KOTFE I can unsubscribe for a bit and take a break without worrying about missing any "legit" bonuses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For our part though, maybe a new thread title and some flashy lights in the OP about the event? Great time for people to come back or start new. All of the content will probably be full of people now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

For our part though, maybe a new thread title and some flashy lights in the OP about the event? Great time for people to come back or start new. All of the content will probably be full of people now.

Yep I just edited the OP to include the Light vs. Dark link - I'll work on an updated OP and have it ready when the final chapter drops. PM me if you think there is anything not already included in the first few posts that you think should be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think I'll probably go for the companions, but no god drat way am I doing that last part in a time limited event.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Well, I was planning on rolling an imp agent anyway.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I've got a bunch of low level characters wearing bound armor sets and I really really don't want to delete them just because this event specifies they have to be new before they hit level 25.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Gasoline posted:

My thoughts exactly. I haven't been terribly active in KOTFE this year and this event is not going to encourage me to do more. Rather the opposite, maybe time to finish the KOTFE story then unsub.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurieg posted:

I've got a bunch of low level characters wearing bound armor sets and I really really don't want to delete them just because this event specifies they have to be new before they hit level 25.

Unless you're going to do all the other crazy stuff on the final tier, then you only need 1 free slot. Though 2 would be simpler.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Wow. I'm always lvling chars through PvP anyways and the events do need some help but stuff like completing all HM FP's with level sync is not a casual "let's have fun it just takes time" goal.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah, this seems kind of awful. When you find yourself cribbing ideas from Cryptic, of all people, it's time to seriously reconsider your recent decisions.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Why would you NOT kill Broonmark? He's one of the most useless companions.

Good rule of thumb--if the game doesn't give you an obvious kill/recruit path to a companion in their dialogue tree, they suck and aren't worth it.

Aphrodite posted:

Here's the TLDR of the Dark vs. Light event:

Character needs to be new, created on or after the 28th.

When you hit 25 with it, you get:
- 5 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Heroic Victor”

Hit 50 and do 3 story flashpoints (Esseles, Taral V and Maelstrom as Republic, Black Talon, Boarding Party and Foundry as Imp) and get. Solo allowed:
- Shade Stalker Runt Mini-Pet
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Helm, Chest and Legs – grants +25% Bonus XP (Earn the full set to get +50% Bonus XP)!
- In-Game Title: “The Destined Victor”

Beat the SoR and KOTFE campaigns (1-9 for KOTFE) with your character, plus do the stronghold intro quest and get:
- Victor’s Trailblazer Bike Mount
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Belt and Bracer – grants +15% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!
- In-Game Title: “The Valiant Victor"

Finish the rest of KOTFE, do 5 Alliance recruitments, do every tactical flashpoint, and get Valor 5 (PvP):
- Victorious Trailblazer’s Armor Set
- Victorious Pioneer’s Armor Set: Gloves and Boots – grants +10% Bonus XP (full set grants +50% Bonux XP)!
- In-Game Title: “The Champion Victor”

Hit level 65 on both an Imp and Pub, defeat round 5 of the Eternal Championship on each:
- The merciless Darth Hexid Companion or the courageous Master Ranos Companion – your Dark or Light side decisions in-game will determine which Companion reward gets unlocked!
- In-Game Title: “The Eternal Victor"

Well this doesn't sound so tou--

quote:

Kill 50 Gree during the Relics event, 50 Rakghouls during their event, infect 5 other players, kill 50 anythings on Oricon, kill 5 world bosses, 5 specific Ops bosses (in Karagga, Terror, Ravagers, Dread Fortress and Scum and Villainy), beat round 10 of the Eternal Championship as both Rep and Imp, you still reading this? Jesus Christ, do every hard flashpoint, 5 Starfighter matches, 5 warzones, 3 bounty contracts, finish Ziost, now you have to have given up right?, level every loving class to 50 during this event, max all 6 crafting skills, get Dark 5 and Light 5, find 5 datacrons, earn 1mil credits, buy a 1mil decoration (specific one), unlock HK-51, you know what gently caress it nobody is doing this:

- Victor’s Titan Turret Tank Mount
- Victorious Titan’s Armor Set
- 30 Force-Bound Dark vs. Light Packs (includes one “Best of” Dark or Light themed weapon, gear, mount, decoration, color crystal or dye from previous cartel packs plus either an XP Boost or Companion gift)
- In-Game Title: “The Legendary Victor”

Long winded version here, plus reward pictures and pack contents info: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/23/swtor-light-vs-dark-event-info-guide/

:stonk:

Yeah I'm not doing any of this. Christ.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"Eternal Victor" is a better title than "Legendary Victor", anyway. :colbert:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I think there are exactly four things out of those lists that I haven't already done, and two of them involve new things that are being added.

Remember when the legacy system was supposed to be a way to share things between your dudes so that you didn't have to do everything eight times over on different characters? Bioware doesn't.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
Well, that's interesting. Like others, lots of stuff I've already done and no way am I doing again.

Maybe if this had been a thing at or near the beginning of Kotfe, but so far in? Yeah, no thanks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah it's definitely a way of getting story only people who subscribed for KOTFE to try and do some of the group content and event stuff. From a new player perspective that's actually pretty cool.

Hopefully they have something for veterans like new operations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Hopefully they have something for veterans like new operations.

Since there's no chance of that happening, just make sure you roll on the Excalibur server when you come play FF14 so we can hang out again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Since there's no chance of that happening, just make sure you roll on the Excalibur server when you come play FF14 so we can hang out again.

Nah my non MMORPG filled life has been nice. Not doing much else, sadly going to bed at 8:30 some nights but drat sleep is nice to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Welp, I at least hope you folks enjoy the mounts and armor sets I worked on.

shrug

• Locked thread