Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lady Naga posted:

40 hours is fuckin nothing lol. Nice to know that apparently the victim is the one at fault though :)

maybe just stop being a whiny bitch about how people act online because looking at your posts that will obvs never change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Apparently posting screenshots of harassment is being whiny. Alright.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lady Naga posted:

Apparently posting screenshots of harassment is being whiny. Alright.

you post a thing like that like none of us have ever seen that before

p sure sure we all just move on and go "lol"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

verbal enema posted:

you post a thing like that like none of us have ever seen that before

p sure sure we all just move on and go "lol"

I post it because I think it's funny but ok you go ahead and ascribe ulterior motives to contextless screenshots of people being really mad at a video game that's cool.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I just figured Lady Naga was bringing us back treats from the competitive mode on the PTR. It's exactly the kind of poo poo spewing I expect from that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I just figured Lady Naga was bringing us back treats from the competitive mode on the PTR. It's exactly the kind of poo poo spewing I expect from that.

I legitimately can't tell if it's funnier when it happens in competitive or when it happens in the casual who gives a poo poo mode. Both are really good. I wish I had screenshotted this guy but he started a comp match by saying "basically if you're not here to win at any cost, leave now." and I was like "lmao holy poo poo what a try hard".

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
40 hours feels like a ton to me (actual heroes play time, which is probably low before adding all the waiting that goes on), as the game has only been out a month.

I could see that negativity popping up more in competitive - I haven't played that at all yet. Must not happen as much in quick matches. I honestly forget the other modes even exist.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

I legitimately can't tell if it's funnier when it happens in competitive or when it happens in the casual who gives a poo poo mode. Both are really good. I wish I had screenshotted this guy but he started a comp match by saying "basically if you're not here to win at any cost, leave now." and I was like "lmao holy poo poo what a try hard".

It's definitely funnier in competitive.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Like dude don't worry I'm sure you're not trying to be a dick or anything but I can assure you taht I am doing nothing to deserve slurs being thrown around, and as I've already posted a few screenshots where the harassment literally starts the minute the match does I'm pretty sure you can trust that this isn't a thing. I've also played with quite a few goons who can vouch for my in-game behaviour.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Ragequit posted:

40 hours feels like a ton to me (actual heroes play time, which is probably low before adding all the waiting that goes on), as the game has only been out a month.

I could see that negativity popping up more in competitive - I haven't played that at all yet. Must not happen as much in quick matches. I honestly forget the other modes even exist.

I concur, I've played over 100 matches and I'm only at 14 hours.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sleepness posted:

Is there any situation where Hanzo is a actually a solid pick over a widow? I've pretty much avoided playing him due to the massive stigma around him but I've been having a pretty fun time with him in brawl. Granted, I do 10x better whenever I pick widow but would like to add another hero to my repertoire if possible.

Hanzo is the best counterpick against Widow

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

sleepness posted:

Is there any situation where Hanzo is a actually a solid pick over a widow? I've pretty much avoided playing him due to the massive stigma around him but I've been having a pretty fun time with him in brawl. Granted, I do 10x better whenever I pick widow but would like to add another hero to my repertoire if possible.

I play Hanzo a lot and mostly feel like he's more of a Widow with a crutch for people bad at aiming. Knowing your Widow, I doubt he has much to offer you. Maybe on things like last point offense where you can't really get good sightlines, Hanzo will largely do the same job as Widow would but a good ult can also end the game while Widow's ult might not do much.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!

Lady Naga posted:

You need to think of all the positive, real-life benefits comp mode will offer someone willing to struggle through them and make all his doughy toddler-fits worth it! Here is a list of them now:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like comp because I enjoy having a real deal number telling me how good or bad I am rather than nebulous statistics.

FatSamurai
Jul 7, 2004

Seethe, ye rolling clouds, gather thy stormborn might, and SMITE MINE ENEMY WITH THY UNFETTERED FURY!!!
I think you already have some screaming randos telling you that.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm going to play the Competitive Matchmaking mode, once they have a good tiebreaker system.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I don't understand what's supposed to be funny or notable about some random idiot going "NO gently caress YOUR MOTHER". At least pick out the ones with funny, incongruous, or ironic names.

I play with someone who actively trolls chat by being obnoxious (not by flinging invective or insults, or the new definition of trolling, Disagreeing With You) and my group will openly make fun of whiners, but despite that I only occasionally see a rager. I think I've reported less than a dozen people over 115 levels of Overwatch gameplay. I dunno how you guys are finding them in every single game and how they apparently flip out completely unprovoked.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I think your pictures are funny Lady Naga, but then I also find general forums crap funny and I've been bitched at by goons for posting that so I dunno.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If TF2 taught me anything I genuinely expect quickplay will be about 30 times worse than competitive in terms of obnoxious assholes.

I had two bad experiences in comp or even just higher level casual play and one of them involved a team running a botting sniper. The other involved exactly the kind of people I saw every day in normal play.

Unless you're some weird rainman game savant you probably don't get better without the capacity for self-criticism and that requires the ability to assume you might be worse than someone else or wrong about something. I was at my most impatient and demanding in TF2 when all I had was dueling ability and my lack of game sense was putting me in dangerous situations where I expected unrealistic things of my team.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That's also been my experience, yeah. Basically the people who are equipped with the knowledge but have no actual execution or ability to perform tend to get really pissy really fast, because they think they know the key to success and the person playing Reaper instead of McCree is the reason things are going sour because the Platonic Ideal Strat doesn't call for a Reaper. If you're any good you'll level out of the vast majority of ragers real fast in my experience.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Brannock posted:

I don't understand what's supposed to be funny or notable about some random idiot going "NO gently caress YOUR MOTHER". At least pick out the ones with funny, incongruous, or ironic names.

I play with someone who actively trolls chat by being obnoxious (not by flinging invective or insults, or the new definition of trolling, Disagreeing With You) and my group will openly make fun of whiners, but despite that I only occasionally see a rager. I think I've reported less than a dozen people over 115 levels of Overwatch gameplay. I dunno how you guys are finding them in every single game and how they apparently flip out completely unprovoked.

My ears are burning. Some people are just angry individuals. That being said I will loving stab anyone who comments on offensive Torb I do not need to hear it.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 23, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Honestly I just keep saying "gg ez shame you were short a hero though" and when someone comments on the sexual habits of my mother I report them.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

symmetra's gun sounds just like her turret and sometimes I'll ignore a symmetra as she melts me from behind because I thought I walked into a light carwash that isn't worth concerning myself with

i do not know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but it happens occasionally and I go "hmmm" every time

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
A few days ago on King's Row defense, the attacking team was pushing the cart around the last corner and a Symmetra built a teleporter at their original spawn, so half our team was stuck at the very beginning of the map and we lost. Tonight on Hollywood the same thing happened except on attack; we were struggling to push the cart through the wild west town when suddenly a player joins as Symmetra and manages to build a teleporter, at our original spawn.

I hope this isn't a new popular thing to do because it's very rude if you ask me!!!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I did that in a game after someone from that team whined about my hero choice in the last 20 seconds of the previous match I was dropped into. I couldn't find particularly disruptive locations for this fuckery but I tried.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I've had a few games where I'll respawn and see two teleporters in the spawn room, and think Hmm, do we have two Symmetras?

The answer is always no.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A guy named Goku joined our team and he left almost instantly so I didn't have enough time to finish typing out "KAKAROT!" Overwatch 0/10 :saddowns:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zombie Samurai posted:

I've had a few games where I'll respawn and see two teleporters in the spawn room, and think Hmm, do we have two Symmetras?

The answer is always no.

I got that shitfaced once, we lost.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Just had the best game ever.

Lijang Tower. We took round 1, they took round 2.

The last round was like a heavyweight fight. A Winston, Zarya, D.Va, Genji, Soldier:76 and a Hanzo/Mercy switcher against a Reaper, Duel Soldiers, Widowmaker, McCree and a D.Va.

Ended with us winning with both teams at 99%.

Stopped playing for tonight, nothing's gonna top that game.

Edit: Also, I get the feeling that Reinhardt players don't understand how lethal Symmetra's Chainsaw is. I killed like, 6 different ones today easily.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I got the Car Wash achievement today on a Reinhardt. I was blasting balls of awesome out of a room and he walked straight into the room. all 6 turrets and myself dropped him in his melee animation.

There was a junkrat and s76 behind him. They stayed outside trying to hit my turrets.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a goon on PS4 was salty about my offensive engie

I think he was sad he didn't have as many gold medals as I did

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

When trying to set up a sneaky Roadhog ambush by the right-hand spawn door on Gibraltar be careful not to back up too much; the slippery part of the cliff starts in a bit that looks totally safe and you'll fall to your death before the match even starts :doh:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

setafd posted:

a goon on PS4 was salty about my offensive engie

I think he was sad he didn't have as many gold medals as I did

Offense Torbjörn is surprisingly effective in the hands of someone who can read the enemy team well enough to place the turret in effective positions. It also requires a team that's able to keep the enemy's attention well enough to let you build it up to level 2 but with the range on it all you really need to do is get around them without getting into a fight.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Proposition Joe posted:

A few days ago on King's Row defense, the attacking team was pushing the cart around the last corner and a Symmetra built a teleporter at their original spawn, so half our team was stuck at the very beginning of the map and we lost. Tonight on Hollywood the same thing happened except on attack; we were struggling to push the cart through the wild west town when suddenly a player joins as Symmetra and manages to build a teleporter, at our original spawn.

I hope this isn't a new popular thing to do because it's very rude if you ask me!!!

This happened to me on King' Row defense too. He waited to build it until overtime. First time I used the "Avoid Player" button (right before it was removed!). :(

FartingBedpost posted:

Edit: Also, I get the feeling that Reinhardt players don't understand how lethal Symmetra's Chainsaw is. I killed like, 6 different ones today easily.

I got a Symmetra POTG tonight that was entirely chainsaw kills, no turrets. Killed the enemy Rein, Lucio, and S76 on their initial push out of spawn on Numbani defense. Symmetra is awesome.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Offense Torbjörn is surprisingly effective in the hands of someone who can read the enemy team well enough to place the turret in effective positions. It also requires a team that's able to keep the enemy's attention well enough to let you build it up to level 2 but with the range on it all you really need to do is get around them without getting into a fight.

I love setting a turret up overlooking the point we're trying to take. it holds the front line, denies ground to the enemy, and in pushing the point you can pull enemies into range

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

On the other hand, you can no longer try to dodge people you suspect of using a surelock/triggerbot.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

I like how their take from this is "we need to scrap the avoid player feature" and not "man people REALLY don't like playing against a good Widowmaker". If I had to play against someone that good I'd probably just quit the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think it's safe to assume that there was more than a single player who was experiencing this or similar issues, and that Blizzard isn't removing a feature due to a single individual.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Brannock posted:

ya in my past 100 games literally the only all chat rager that comes to mind was a guy that simply called me a fag after I told him to chill when he accused someone of hacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Countblanc posted:

I think it's safe to assume that there was more than a single player who was experiencing this or similar issues, and that Blizzard isn't removing a feature due to a single individual.

On the other hand, Blizzard devs are stupid.