Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Dabir posted:

This is the most revolting thing you've ever posted.
i'm white. i'm white! i'm a rosy-bottomed apple-cheeked ruddy pasty peaches'n'cream governess. my vagina is as pink as a seashell. my rectum is a fiery pinpoint like a distant star. i begin to dance, badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I don't understand what point you are trying to make with this.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

paradoxGentleman posted:

I don't understand what point you are trying to make with this.
my point is that it is time. let us have sex

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
We bcomics

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

any weak assist fucker reports this beautiful poster, hear this - i will find you and call you a poo poo nerd

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

my tumescent gland expels a heady musk, the night draws close.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
How loving much is avshalom posting? I can't tell because I've got him on super ignore, but we've had at least two new pages since this started yet I can only see like 20 something posts.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Or if she'd said, like, "Yes, this character is explicitly a sort of deliberately ignorant rear end in a top hat* who's literally never seen a non-white person, yes he's gonna say stupid racist poo poo," it'd probably have come off well, even.

*And he very much is.

I was gonna say.

I wonder if it even would have been a thing if this had come out as a complete book; maybe he'll get ironically murdered later on to make up for it? :v:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Minna Sundberg is a criminal and must show repentance.

This thread is actually more judgemental than the bad thread.
You are like a loving platonic ideal of sanctimonious, judgmental, talking-down-to-everyone rear end in a top hat, so you suddenly going "uhh guys, being mean to racists is wrong" is especially funny.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

my unexamined nordic privilege blinds me to the hairy winged testicles that beset this town. their screams are ultrasonic, but the pattern repeats:

pre:
w e b c o m i c s

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Forgall posted:

You are like a loving platonic ideal of sanctimonious, judgmental, talking-down-to-everyone rear end in a top hat, so you suddenly going "uhh guys, being mean to racists is wrong" is especially funny.

lol

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
super ignore is just regular ignore but it gives me the power of flight irl

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the finns have transcended race and culture, they understand we're all veins in the universal body

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Forgall posted:

Case in point

e: Like SSSS has some weird stuff, but the hatred of the phantasmal figure of Minna Sundberg is weirder.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Jun 23, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Forgall posted:

gotta stick up for your scandinavian buddies

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
finnish, nordic, chinese, jewish, mongolian, tasmanian, we're all just cogs. cogs! turn turn turn turn

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hatred of the Phantasmal Figure of Minna Sundberg is the rightly forgotten GY!BE album

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
avshalom makes the only good posts in this bad thread

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Renaissance Robot posted:

How loving much is avshalom posting? I can't tell because I've got him on super ignore, but we've had at least two new pages since this started yet I can only see like 20 something posts.

You are denying yourself the opportunity to read some A-class posts or to put it more succinctly:

fun hater posted:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fun hater posted:

harsh but fair

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

fun hater posted:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

fun hater posted:

I just wish he showed more effort in the Rothfuss thread

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have many forms and have borne many monstrous young

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

May Aesma be moved through her idiocy to smite your wickedness down.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
So some nordic lady made a comic where one of her characters called madarin characters "ching-chong", wiped her comic comments when people said that was racist, then said it was all a joke and foreigners just don't understand her wacky viking humor?

because idk I think that's funny is that the viking humor at work here?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the vikings were a very meta people

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
please don't conflate vikings with tropers Al, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

vikings cared far more for their personal hygiene than tropers

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

My headcanon is that the rest of the world is doing just fine and they've all just been steering clear of Scandinavia because they're awkward racists and they're the last place with the weird troll plague thing.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
What if the plague is a metaphor for internet outrage?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

look i think we all know that inside every artist is literally hitler

just look at hitler

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

You're missing out

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Regy Rusty posted:

You're missing out

I'll live.

Specifically, I'll live longer if I don't expose my brain to that psychedelic trash.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

psychedelic trash

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Renaissance Robot confirmed for 70-year-old still very concerned about 60s counterculture and acid weed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Renaissance Robot sees a tie-dye t-shirt and quietly locks all the car doors and clutches their purse.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

FactsAreUseless posted:

psychedelic trash

FactsAreUseless posted:

Renaissance Robot confirmed for 70-year-old still very concerned about 60s counterculture and acid weed.

could you give him a new av and text?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ofaloaf posted:

My headcanon is that the rest of the world is doing just fine and they've all just been steering clear of Scandinavia because they're awkward racists and they're the last place with the weird troll plague thing.

I don't think it's impossible to have racist characters or have a character say an ignorant/racist thing, though you have to do it carefully, but it has to come from a context where it's clear that the author isn't implicitly or explicitly condoning that perspective. I'm not convinced she's established that kind of credibility, considering concerns about her comic's world/setting which have already been mentioned. And there are still lingering odd feelings over Redtail's Dream, like the spiel from the main character about how it's okay to torture animals and the secondary character apparently thinking some sort of deep point was being made. Creators are separate from their creations, but especially when information about a creator is limited, people are going to be wary of certain content for sure.

Pick fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Look here sonny, I enjoy rolling a fat bong of lsd as much as anybody, I just don't need it when I'm trying to shitpost about webcomics instead of working, furthermore,

• Locked thread