Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

RareAcumen posted:

My favorite 'Not a Stand but come on guys really?' is Ansem/ Xenanort's [Shadow of Death]

That's his Stand, NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN.

Edit: there should be more Stands named after classical music. ODE TO JOY. RITE OF SPRING. RIDE OF THE VALKYRIE. DANSE MACABRE.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's his Stand, NIGHT ON BALD MOUNTAIN.

Edit: there should be more Stands named after classical music. ODE TO JOY. RITE OF SPRING. RIDE OF THE VALKYRIE. DANSE MACABRE.

The stand [BOLERO] functions by slowly gaining power over a period of fifteen minutes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My stand, 「4'33"」

It's absolutely nothing

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

My stand, 「4'33"」

It's absolutely nothing

I'm sure that would somehow turn out to be the most busted stand in all JoJo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It'd be the concept of nothing. No thing. For nothing to happen. A status quo. No matter what happens, it must all undo itself. Nothing.

Standfeld.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
My Stand causes everything to go wrong with the plans of others around me. That is the power of my 「TEMPTATION SENSATION」.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My Stand, [Dvorak's New World Symphony Number 9 ACT 4],

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'd claim my stand was 「1812 Overture」, but then I'd just shoot the user with a normal gun.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

alcharagia posted:

My Stand, [Dvorak's New World Symphony Number 9 ACT 4],

俺のスタンド、「ドヴォラークスヌーワルドシンフォニヌンベルナ9 ACT 4」!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

FirstAidKite posted:

It'd be the concept of nothing. No thing. For nothing to happen. A status quo. No matter what happens, it must all undo itself. Nothing.

I'm pretty sure at least one stand has this power and it's like the strongest in the series

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Just wait until part 11 like the rest of us. I still wanna see the dude who reveals His stand, [PEPPER STEAK]

If I had to think of some songs I'm most looking forward to [TENACIOUS D]
[] [RULES OF NATURE]
and [THE WONDERFUL 101]

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

the only acceptable classical music stand is mine, 「Lech mich im Arse」

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Like a 「Bloody  Stream」
熱く Like a Bloody Stone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

RareAcumen posted:

If I had to think of some songs I'm most looking forward to [TENACIOUS D]

This seems like a good time to mention that there's a 7th Stand User game being made for DiU.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This seems like a good time to mention that there's a 7th Stand User game being made for DiU.

Neat!

I can't wait for [Ra Ra Rasputin] vs [Imperial March]

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Motherfucking DIES IRAE.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Raserys posted:

俺のスタンド、「ドヴォラークスヌーワルドシンフォニヌンベルナ9 ACT 4」!

私の, please.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Can't wait for this game to get like 1/8th into development and to stop :v:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Raserys posted:

I'm pretty sure at least one stand has this power and it's like the strongest in the series

He's the weakest. And his stand is called 「You Give LOVE a Bad Name」

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

I am guessing that cool robot in peoples' avatar is one. More excited for this arc to start than the last two. These seem way more fun than Hamon.

My avatar is the JoJo and their Stand for parts 4 and 8, yeh.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there may or may not be a concentration of jojo accounts in these threads, but from what i can generally tell none of them are explicitly 'spoilers' in a way that would affect anyone's viewing of the DiU anime or anything beyond

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Same

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also skipping parts is cancerous and that goes for manga readers who skip Part 5.

I don't care how lovely the translation is, we all had to do it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't buy All Star Battle or Eyes of Heaven

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Support the official release

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro is the best JoJo and brush your teeth after every meal

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Also skipping parts is cancerous and that goes for manga readers who skip Part 5.

I don't care how lovely the translation is, we all had to do it.

Baal posted:

Baal posted:

Support the official release

You're on a roll Baal-kun new found resp-

Baal posted:

Jotaro is the best JoJo and brush your teeth after every meal

Jotaro is good but the end of this offends me on a nationality level

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Baal posted:

I own 2 copies of ASB. Whatcha gonna do about it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I own 3, fucker. You ain't winning the contest of who wasted more money.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

no they will not posted:

i'm interested to hear which stand is the cool robot

The one that looks like it is holding a gold chain and hangs around with the Kuwabara kid.

e: How many episodes are there currently? Is the manga completed? I don't really want to Google because I know almost nothing about this series. When I read bits of this thread I squint my eyes a little unless I see a yellow quote and I know someone is mentioning what I've seen. The only spoilers I have had so far is that I vaguely had an idea what a Stand might be after reading some Hunter X Hunter discussion and I just decided to reread some Air Gear and someone compared a character to Star Platinum time ability wise.

YF-23 posted:

Also the red man in your avatar is obviously glasses man's Stand.

That is surprisingly accurate

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 23, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

EmmyOk posted:

The one that looks like it is holding a gold chain and hangs around with the Kuwabara kid.

oh, in josuke's avatar? yeah that's in part 4, and the kuwabara kid is josuke

also, you have good cool robot taste

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

EmmyOk posted:

e: How many episodes are there currently? Is the manga completed? I don't really want to Google because I know almost nothing about this series. When I read bits of this thread I squint my eyes a little unless I see a yellow quote and I know someone is mentioning what I've seen. The only spoilers I have had so far is that I vaguely had an idea what a Stand might be after reading some Hunter X Hunter discussion and I just decided to reread some Air Gear and someone compared a character to Star Platinum time ability wise.

That is surprisingly accurate

The series is currently adapting Part 4 (Stardust Crusaders is Part 3, anime currently on Diamond is Unbreakable). The manga is still ongoing (currently in Part 8) and there's no reason to think Part 8 will be the final one.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Manga:
Parts 1-7 are complete, Part 5 is close to half way through on a good translation.
Part 8 is ongoing on a monthly release schedule (19th of every month unless the 19th is a Sunday) but it's a consistent one, not like HxH or whatever with frequent hiatuses.

Anime:
Eps: 26 for Season 1. (Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency)
48 for Season 2. (Stardust Crusaders)
The 13th episode of Diamond is Unbreakable airs on Friday on Crunchyroll, there are 39 scheduled overall and there's a possibility, though slight, there may be more DiU coming depending on pacing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Look at those two robot looking dudes! That avatar and the cool GIF I saw of Josuke standing up or something are what kept me interested in the series during the early going because they looked cool.

e: I really liked the bug stand because it was really tiny but tough to deal with

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jun 23, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crazy Diamond (Kuwabara Josuke's stand) is the bestest.
The other half of the avatar is spoilers for everyone in here woops

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I need to catch up quickly so I don't eventually spoil myself but none of my friends watch it so I need somewhere to post reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
lol if you don't have Japanese language options enabled so you can switch to「FULL-WIDTH ALPHANUMERIC」at a whim.

• Locked thread