Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
fifty DKP minus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Abort your bad posts next time ty and god bless

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Abort your bad posts next time ty and god bless

Nice meltdown.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

nomad2020 posted:

Your posts are like pooteen they're so melted down

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im being xolveposted at, help

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

im being deadtear posted at, halp

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

im being xolveposted at, help

Awww, did someone disagree with you :ohdear:

quote:

BlackOps is quite obsessed with our collective KDR and not being dumb. We will critique, shame, and expel/abort people who die horribly in poorly fit ships. Do not waste our time by applying if you cannot handle criticism or refuse to improve.

:wtc:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
for those times when you just don't have enough people to demean you

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Reverand maynard posted:

i pointed out that spending 3 years on an infiltration scam to loot the reimbursement wallet was a terrible return on time spent in eve and got down voted

LOL GON TEARS U GOT ROBBED

honestly im surprised that any posts by anyone with the gsf tag don't get downvoted to oblivion.

the goon hate is strong on reddit

Divine Blob fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 23, 2016

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
99% of scams are done by the top 1% of scammers

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

99% of scams are done by the top 1% of scammers

i remember hearing about some dude who would like trap people in some game that was really hard to play and if they didn't follow through he'd take all their assets and someone said it was like the equivalent of psychological torture

it was something like the bonus round i think?

Divine Blob fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 23, 2016

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Divine Blob posted:

i remember hearing about some dude who would like trap people in some game that was really hard to play and if they didn't follow through he'd take all their assets and someone said it was like the equivalent of psychological torture

it was something like the bonus round i think?

Erotica1 and he should probably be on the no-no list with BFM and Xenuria.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Huge_Midget posted:

Anova crew checking in.

Sous vide is the only acceptable time you can submerse your meat in water.

I never heard of a sous-vide before, but I find this picture pretty drat convincing as an argument to buy one.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Reverand maynard posted:

if you can't shoot fcon then you're in goonswarm need a new alt.

ftfy

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Dalael posted:

I never heard of a sous-vide before, but I find this picture pretty drat convincing as an argument to buy one.

It's cooking meat by placing it in a plastic bag and boiling it in water. Then you take the grey lump of soggy meat out of the bag and put it in a pan or on the barbecue for a few seconds to make it look like food.

The end result is probably great but the process looks unappetizing.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

ullerrm posted:

FTFY. Hope you like corn.

Seriously, the hypocrisy is hilarious. He quits blogging because he thinks Eve's gotten too toxic and players harass each other... then shits on people for not writing frequently enough, and attempts to defend it with "but I was just a blogger, TMC is a business."

Admittedly, I think TMC as a news site is pretty much loving dead IMO. Haven't gone there in months -- although the Twitch side of things seems alive enough, mostly due to heroic efforts from streamers like Gommel. I'm mostly just angry/disappointed in Ripard/Jester. There is almost no stance more pathetic than "better to aim low and not be disappointed, than to try hard and fail publically," for nearly any topic or venture.

I haven't read TMC in a while either. I'm curious good poster Ullerrm, what do you think has changed over the last few years for TMC to drop so much in terms of quality? Is it because of the writers, or editors or something else I'm missing?

I wish TMC would go back to what it used to be. I liked reading it to keep myself current on EVE. I can't stand EVEnews24 and god do I hate bloggers

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Zephyrine posted:

It's cooking meat by placing it in a plastic bag and boiling it in water. Then you take the grey lump of soggy meat out of the bag and put it in a pan or on the barbecue for a few seconds to make it look like food.

You don't put it in boiling water. You put it in room temperature water. Then very slowly heat it all up, different cooking process.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

10% accurate, as usual.

The water isn't boiling, it's at a constant temperature around 55-60C depending on what you are cooking. This brings the food to temperature slowly and evenly, resulting in deliciousness.

e;fb

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

10% accurate, as usual.

The water isn't boiling, it's at a constant temperature around 55-60C depending on what you are cooking. This brings the food to temperature slowly and evenly, resulting in deliciousness.

e;fb

It still looks terrible. Like those bags they advertised in the 90s. Where you put food in and then cooked them in the microwave.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Zephyrine posted:

The meat isn't soggy... Because as you say it's inside a plastic bag. You're just leaking wrong out this morning.

There's a food truck outside my office that sells sous vide chicken sandwiches and my only sadness is that it isn't there more often.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Kalenn Istarion posted:

The meat isn't soggy... Because as you say it's inside a plastic bag. You're just leaking wrong out this morning.

There's a food truck outside my office that sells sous vide chicken sandwiches and my only sadness is that it isn't there more often.

Soggy and cringe worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1UG7fdZwc&t=128s

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Elsa posted:

How about instead we have some trust and expect a person will come around and ask for advice after losing a ship, but the important thing is letting them do it on their own time.

Words like shame, expel, and abort is just the kind of poo poo I don't need in my life over WoW, Farmville, Tic Tac Toe, and EVE.

Stop and evaluate what's important in your life as an adult.

Blackops does full reimbursement of non standard ships and reimburses bling as well. The standard for loving up is higher because of that.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1UG7fdZwc&t=230s

:/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rhymenoserous posted:

Blackops does full reimbursement of non standard ships and reimburses bling as well. The standard for loving up is higher because of that.

you can uphold standards without the shaming. but then again people who die in black ops are the cancer that is eating this alliance from the inside out.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

Who cares about isk if the environment is unchill as a result?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

The ends do not justify the means. In this case turning the art form of cooking meat into "watered plastic bag machine"

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Zephyrine posted:

Who cares about isk if the environment is unchill as a result?

Apparently there are some people that do. Given that inclusion in the group, like inclusion in all groups in Eve, is voluntary, I'm struggling to see the issue. I think blopsing would be a lot of fun, but have no interest in the group because :laffo: if some dude yells at me for losing an internet spaceship, but whatever for those that don't mind it.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

The ends do not justify the means. In this case turning the art form of cooking meat into "watered plastic bag machine"

As opposed to "hot metal over lots of fire"?

As always, the art is in the marinade, the sear, and the presentation. The proof is in the taste.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

Sausage making is an even more disgusting process with a great result. Are you just trying to make bad points or does it come to you naturally?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

p7hk9 posted:

As opposed to "hot metal over lots of fire"?

As always, the art is in the marinade, the sear, and the presentation. The proof is in the taste.

Taste is subjective. Hot metal over lots of fire on the other hand is at least a process one can respect.

A meatsmith wielding knife and skewer. Taming the flames to his own will as he forges a masterpiece.

By comparison the button presser of the plastic bag and water machine deserves about as much credit as if he bought the steak from a store and just thawed it.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 23, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Elsa posted:

you can uphold standards without the shaming. but then again people who die in black ops are the cancer that is eating this alliance from the inside out.

You would have loved our chronically butt hurt incursion FC, not sure if he bailed or not.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

Taste is subjective. Hot metal over lots of fire on the other hand is at least a process one can respect.

A meatsmith wielding knife and skewer. Taming the flames to his own will as he forges a masterpiece.

By comparison the button presser of the plastic bag and water machine deserves about as much credit as if he bought the steak from a store and just thawed it.

So, it comes to you naturally then.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That Works posted:

Sausage making is an even more disgusting process with a great result. Are you just trying to make bad points or does it come to you naturally?

A good comparison. One was not suppose to think too hard about what goes into sausage making. You have to be realistic about it. Like middle eastern politics.

But now we're one step closer. We're not supposed to think about what goes on in the kitchen. Just one wall left before we have to eat with a blindfold.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

Pillbug

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Apparently there are some people that do. Given that inclusion in the group, like inclusion in all groups in Eve, is voluntary, I'm struggling to see the issue. I think blopsing would be a lot of fun, but have no interest in the group because :laffo: if some dude yells at me for losing an internet spaceship, but whatever for those that don't mind it.

I've been hanging out with Black Ops a lot since we lost our space, and I haven't seen anything that rises to the level of the concern posting here. There is no space drill instructor screaming at you for warping at range instead of at 0. The worst thing I have been present for is a terse "Why the gently caress would you do that?!" followed by people offering legitimate suggestions on how best to avoid that particular mistake in the future.

Black Ops isn't a hug-box where it's OK to gently caress up and you are still a special snowflake in need of coddling. Most of the people that join are interested in learning how to play differently/better. It's not for everyone, but nobody is required to be there either.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

A good comparison. One was not suppose to think too hard about what goes into sausage making. You have to be realistic about it. Like middle eastern politics.

But now we're one step closer. We're not supposed to think about what goes on in the kitchen. Just one wall left before we have to eat with a blindfold.

Or, you know, learn about how things are made and enjoy the process, instead of condemning anything that is not the 1st way you learned about how its done as the "true way".

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

ullerrm posted:

Seriously, the hypocrisy is hilarious. He quits blogging because he thinks Eve's gotten too toxic and players harass each other... then shits on people for not writing frequently enough, and attempts to defend it with "but I was just a blogger, TMC is a business."

His last post said he was going to be keeping his opinions to himself... sort of wish he had stuck by that, now.

DJ's bizarre, unsubstantiated insinuations that TMC is a serious capital enterprise under a cabal of neckbeards who are getting rich is just loving mind-boggling. Between that and his argument that you can only ever sign one NDA ever period ever, I'm beginning to suspect he might not actually have any business acumen in the slightest.

As for BLOPSing...

People who BLOPS can be putting a serious investment on the line. A well-fitted BLOPS can easily compare to a dread or carrier in terms of value. And it takes a lot of coordination and :effort: and rally up the troops and get poo poo rolling just for a handful of kill-mails. If they want to be aggressive about what they do as a means of weeding out people who just want to have good times and blap poo poo and not actually work for or risk anything substantial in the process, then that's their prerogative. Especially when poo poo can go tits up because some Jon Rambo mof wants to bring his shitfit tengu and feed the enemy a kill worth way more than the target - if they value the :smugbert: component of hot-dropping on someone then that's not entirely unreasonable.

Flying with them isn't compulsory, and regular pings go out for hotdropping and goofball poo poo (see: Bomberwaffe) all the time. So I don't understand how they need to reevaluate their lives, since they're just playing the game in a way they want to and enforcing their own standards, to avoid what they find unpleasant.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

That Works posted:

Or, you know, learn about how things are made and enjoy the process, instead of condemning anything that is not the 1st way you learned about how its done as the "true way".

Ironically I eat very little red meat. I have a hard time with it. Also I can't handle raw meat. I get tears in my eyes from cutting raw chicken because it feels like cutting my hand except I can't "feel" it.

But I always had great respect for those who could master meat smithing. All that fire and iron and the masterful waving of sharp objects and even more fire. Sort of a respect from a afar.

I'm more of a boiled fish/pickled vegetables kind of chef myself.

I'm a mean pickler. I'd pickle your butt off if you ever tried some of my pickled eggs.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Baculus posted:

As for BLOPSing...

People who BLOPS can be putting a serious investment on the line. A well-fitted BLOPS can easily compare to a dread or carrier in terms of value. And it takes a lot of coordination and :effort: and rally up the troops and get poo poo rolling just for a handful of kill-mails. If they want to be aggressive about what they do as a means of weeding out people who just want to have good times and blap poo poo and not actually work for or risk anything substantial in the process, then that's their prerogative. Especially when poo poo can go tits up because some Jon Rambo mof wants to bring his shitfit tengu and feed the enemy a kill worth way more than the target - if they value the :smugbert: component of hot-dropping on someone then that's not entirely unreasonable.

Flying with them isn't compulsory, and regular pings go out for hotdropping and goofball poo poo (see: Bomberwaffe) all the time. So I don't understand how they need to reevaluate their lives, since they're just playing the game in a way they want to and enforcing their own standards, to avoid what they find unpleasant.

:same:

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
so black ops is just cloak-y ships an all that jazz, which i assume is what happens in wormhole space too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Divine Blob posted:

so black ops is just cloak-y ships an all that jazz, which i assume is what happens in wormhole space too?

Kinda-sorta.

Cloaky ships are great for solo hunting in wormholes, just like k-space. But the big thing about BLOPS is getting a covert cyno and bridging an entire force onto your target. This doesn't happen in wormholes. And most w-space doctrines I'm familiar aren't built around cloaking ships. Even the myriad T3 doctrines tend to sacrifice covops weapon systems in favor of something with more bite.

• Locked thread