Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also last round of the cop masks. EH.

They ran out of effects ideas as I think all of them have glowy eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Which would be better for a sociopath-based melee build - heavy or light armour? I feel like heavy is a lot slower after the skill update (maybe I've just gotten too used to running around with grinder, though), so it seems like the extra protection it affords would be kind of cancelled out by the fact that it takes a lot longer to actually get up close enough that you can start meleeing for health/terror.

Heavy, for sure. The regen isn't enough to keep a low-armor build off the ground, and the deck has little damage mitigation.

Heavy armor builds have never been faster, but be sure to pick up that 10% movespeed bonus from the Ghost tree.

E: the only thing in Sociopath that depends on melee kills is the health regen. You'll get most of the benefits including panic simply by killing cops within 18m.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jun 23, 2016

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Since I don't have a github account and can't report it there: Experienced a hard crash on the card reward screen, as soon as I clicked a card. Why? Well, it might have something to do with the fact that it was awarding me the biker safe. :v: Edit: To be clear, I believe this crash had to do with Goonmod. It and the BLT hook are the only things I'm using.

Also, the new shotgun with dragonsbreath and a loco with AP and most of the shotgun skills makes you heavy, slow, but essentially unstoppable. I wish I had the anarchist deck unlocked to really take advantage of it. Muscle is okay, though.

DelphiAegis fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 23, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That legendary 1887 is going give Sydney's Judge competition for most ludicrous looking shotgun.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

quote:

Fixed an issue with the Wild West Classic Mask that did not push down characters hair

A sad day.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Which one of you was complaining about this?

Update 103 Patch Notes posted:

*The base game, GOTY, Weapon- and Heist Bundle and all 33 DLC are 75% off except The Biker Heist, Biker Character Pack, The OVERKILL B-Sides Soundtrack and A Merry Payday Christmas Soundtrack. The reason the first two are not on sale is because we just released them and it would be unfair for players who supported us by purchasing it on day one to reduce their price point so close to launch. The last two are not on sale because they cost less than a dollar each to start with. Steam has a cap on how cheap something can be, and we decided that the original price was sufficiently rebated as-is. Thank you for your understanding and sorry for any grievances our wording might have caused you.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sure there is far more complaining about how everything should be free than any of us grieving missing a few quarters from buying Christmas track at full price.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

UnknownMercenary posted:

That legendary 1887 is going give Sydney's Judge competition for most ludicrous looking shotgun.

I still need it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Ahahaha, the grin's teeth! Yessss.

For those who don't know, Grin was a company that was owned by the Andersson brothers and was a precursor to Overkill. Long story short, it went under for reasons that were complicated. Payday 2 has been using the old Grin logo in various places.

Grin as a company did a cool thing with their logo- they added a gold tooth for each game they launched.

The Mega Grin is continuing the tradition for starbreeze!

edit: the biker skins look great. A littler surprised there aren't any Metallica references in there. I really want the One Percenter.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 23, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And yet again the pubbies talk about how they want another chance to buy COP, likely at a heavy discount. We know that can never happen so long as people hold anything stated by OVERKILL as a binding legal contract because I don't really care if other people get their mega masks, but they could always make a new set of them to buy. Problem is that I don't want to make just masks that cost $10-20 again. Maybe add some more cosmetic fluff like some more van skins or suit types. But that depends on what people would want to spend and for how much content and we are a community of thieves that want to save as much dosh as we can at heart.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fat update just came in. It crashed the game when it automatically(?) gave me adn a friend a Biker Safe each even though we didn't have the update yet.

The Biker Safe is here!

Rust joined the PAYDAY crew last week and today the Biker Safe is available in the Card Loot Drop and can be opened for free!

Check it out here: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/biker/#bikersafe

All safes released from now on can be opened for free, no purchased drills required. Enjoy!

[https://www.overkillsoftware.com]
The final batch of Completely OVERKILL Masks have arrived!

All Completely OVERKILL Pack owners out there have now received their final five Completely OVERKILL Masks!

Check them out here: http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/overkillmasks/

[https://www.overkillsoftware.com]
Free to Play and Summer Sale is active!

From now till the fourth of July, PAYDAY 2 and all previous DLC are 75% off!*

PAYDAY 2 is also Free to Play for the duration of the sale. If you have any friends who don't own the game, tell them they can try it out for free and see if they like it.

If you haven't tried PAYDAY: The Heist, you can also get it at 90% off - a steal!

Click the image above to go to the full list of discounted DLC!

Update 103
Patch Size: 1.0GB

Update 103 Changelog

General
Improved the syncing of crouch and strafe states between clients and host to partially decrease the occurrence of desync issues
Fixed an issue where the weapon would appear on the screen if swapping while walking backwards
Added a button to unequip the equipment
Sentry guns will now display how much ammo is left on the interaction prompt
Fixed an issue where a family shared DLC could tag a player as cheater
Fixed an issue that caused some mods not to be able to read skill builds

Levels
Back to Basics Loud
Added a driver to the van on day 1
Changed spawn location for enemies on day 2
Tweaked the collisions of the ground on day 2
Fixed an issue where the bag could become unobtainable in the backroom on day 2
Changed so that the Team AI can't be interrupted on day 2
Tweaked Team AI logic on day 2
Fixed an issue where the Team AI could not access the roof on day 2
Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck under the chopper on day 2
Fixed an issue where the player could run past the shield enemy on day 2
Fixed a collision issue with the store front on day 2
Fixed the LOD distance for the items in the back room of the store on day 2
Fixed an issue with the domination cop being able to flee through the wall on day 2

Back to Basics Stealth
Guards can not be dominated anymore on day 1
Fixed an issue where the player could ignore the first camera on day 2

The Biker Heist
Changed the idle animations of bikers to not have drawn weapons on day 1
Fixed a collision issue that could cause the bike to flip on day 1
Fixed an issue where the helicopter did not sync as being destroyed for drop-in clients on day 2

Birth of Sky
Moved the chairs in the car shop so players can't get stuck

Boiling Point
Removed collision from parachutes to avoid players falling to their deaths

Framing Frame
Fixed a hole in the world by the stairs to the sewers on day 2
Added functionality to re-spawn bags that wore thrown up on the train on day 2

Watchdogs
Fixed an issue where the player could throw a bag behind a door but could not pick it up again on day 2

Skills
Added ability to reset the active skill set or the active skill tree
Rifleman: Basic will now apply to all weapons
Rifleman: Aced will now also activate for SMGs
Aggressive Reload: Aced will not reset the timer if already active
Aggressive Reload: Basic will now work for SMGs and Sniper Rifles as well
Saw Massacre: Basic will now correctly reduce the wear down of the saw blade of 50% instead of 25%
Desperado: Basic will now increase accuracy instead of decreasing it
Marksman: Basic will now only work with SMGs, Sniper Rifles and Assault Rifles
Resilience will now correctly increase your armor recovery rate
Bloodthirst: Aced will now correctly end its effect after 10 sec for all weapons
Painkillers: Basic and Aced will work as intended

Weapons
You can no longer sprint directly from the Bipod stance
Increased the texture resolution of the Frag Grenade

Sound
Dallas can now call for Bodhi, Sydney, Jimmy and Rust
Dallas can now call out for Captain Winters
Bodhi can now comment on killing a shield during an assault

Art
Fixed an issue with the Wild West Classic Mask that did not push down characters hair
Tweaked the look of John Wick's suit
Tweaked the look and fixed a small graphical issue with Jiro's suit

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lemon-Lime posted:

Update 103: http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/834671398717310581

Fixes most of the bugs where skills make you less good at something instead of better.

quote:

Boiling Point
Removed collision from parachutes to avoid players falling to their deaths
this was hilarious when it happened though

also the new skins look pretty good

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Crabtree posted:

I'm sure there is far more complaining about how everything should be free than any of us grieving missing a few quarters from buying Christmas track at full price.

Actually I'm grieving not being able to buy the Christmas pack for my friends. I have friends who need If It Has To Be Christmas, but I can't buy a 4-pack when I already own it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Anyway, got a drop. Mint buckhorns. :toot:

here's something odd, though.
Steam inventory picture:

Ingame:

it looks like Crosskills in the Steam shot, doesn't it?

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 23, 2016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Psion posted:

Anyway, got a drop. Mint buckhorns. :toot:

here's something odd, though.
Steam inventory picture:

Ingame:

That is a marked difference. :confused:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

quote:

Bad news, Syk.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Incoming Hotfix 103.1.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Add me into the Payday 2 group please!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TopHatGenius/

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

TopHatGenius posted:

Add me into the Payday 2 group please!

It's an open group.

(Edit) Oops. Thought it was. Sorry

Malek fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 24, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Malek posted:

It's an open group.

the goon group is not iirc

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Okay, I sent you one to Payday 2 goons. But you're gonna need to show that DLC list to get into A$$. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

the goon group is not iirc

It isn't.

That said, the chatroom is open to non-members so you can just join it and ask people in it for a group invite. :v:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Bort Bortles posted:

How does one pull this off?

There's a skill that increases the concealment of vests, and ones that makes silencers improve rather than reduce concealment on guns. Then you slap on the equivalent melee weapon concealment boost skill and you wind up able to wear HBV or below still at 3 detection. It's not exactly USEFUL to have armor in stealth but what the hell.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Okay, I sent you one to Payday 2 goons. But you're gonna need to show that DLC list to get into A$$. :v:

did you inv me

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Haha yeah should have said Goons group. But I got the invite! Thanks.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Crabtree posted:

Man, all I need to truly be an A$S man is Dragan and GGC, but then I won't be able to squat on an unfilled Perk Deck to fill every other new one right away, because I know I'll want to use Infiltrator if I have it. GGC I don't have an excuse for, I just don't care about it because it's not a heist I expect to ever really want to bother hosting.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Hey, just bought a bunch of hilarious crap during the dlc sale and now i want to casually 80s action movie while listening to sick tunes after not having touched the game for years. Is the skills advice in the OP still accurate or is all of that stuff way past its expiration date?

Disclaimer: apparently i was a lvl 60 ish scrub back then that never got to the insane difficulty levels so i'm going to easy into this as relaxed as i can.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

RandallODim posted:

Man, all I need to truly be an A$S man is Dragan and GGC, but then I won't be able to squat on an unfilled Perk Deck to fill every other new one right away, because I know I'll want to use Infiltrator if I have it. GGC I don't have an excuse for, I just don't care about it because it's not a heist I expect to ever really want to bother hosting.

I have an extra GGC code from the humble bundle giveaway, want it?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Hey, just bought a bunch of hilarious crap during the dlc sale and now i want to casually 80s action movie while listening to sick tunes after not having touched the game for years. Is the skills advice in the OP still accurate or is all of that stuff way past its expiration date?

Disclaimer: apparently i was a lvl 60 ish scrub back then that never got to the insane difficulty levels so i'm going to easy into this as relaxed as i can.

The OP is actually kept pretty well up to date but after the skill rebalance you can pretty much just skill into whatever you want. There are very few trap skills (Dire Need is still a trap skill :colbert:) and the latest patch should have fixed most of the broken skills. If you're worried about being maximally effective, spec into a defensive tree (Tank for ICTV or Artful Dodger for dodging, or a mix of both for light vest) that melds well with whatever perk deck you want, specialize in a weapon tree (pistols, shotguns, single-shot rifles, or automatic weapons - the latter two have a few overlapping skills), upgrade a deployable of your choice, and then grab whatever else you want. Most of the quality of life skills that were mandatory to get before are now just freebies that you have at level 0.

It's really easy to try stuff out and re-spec if you don't like it, now, so just experiment a whole bunch. Outside of Death Wish you won't really need to worry about having a proper build.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

I have an extra GGC code from the humble bundle giveaway, want it?

Sure, thanks! Now I guess I have to buy Dragan after I deposit my paycheck tomorrow.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Infiltrator is a good deck

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Couple notes:

The hotfix mentions a change to the layout of the pro job version of the biker heist. Anyone know what that is?

There's a graphical error on the bike safe site: the akimbo pistol skin models are switched.

The OVK9000 skin unfortunately can only apply to the primary slot saw.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

The hotfix mentions a change to the layout of the pro job version of the biker heist. Anyone know what that is?

Payout, not layout.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Since I've heard nothing but good things for a bit now after they yanked the bad microtransactions, I'm reinstalling this neat and fun game.

Unfortunately I also chose the time to reinstall where Steam is going totally ape and I get like a percent per minute or two, despite my otherwise good download.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr Cheeto posted:

Infiltrator is a good deck

sociopath is objectively better imo but yeah infiltrator is good

Yardbomb posted:

Since I've heard nothing but good things for a bit now after they yanked the bad microtransactions, I'm reinstalling this neat and fun game.

Unfortunately I also chose the time to reinstall where Steam is going totally ape and I get like a percent per minute or two, despite my otherwise good download.

they werent bad, there was just..big misunderstandings

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Considering how much I made off of them, I wouldn't say they were bad at all. You never had to engage with them if you didn't want to.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

ClonedPickle posted:

Payout, not layout.

I can get behind that. I only ran it once before I had to leave town but the payout seemed kinda lovely.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ClonedPickle posted:

Payout, not layout.

Whoops! So much for that secret theory!

Meldonox posted:

I can get behind that. I only ran it once before I had to leave town but the payout seemed kinda lovely.

Yeah, the payout was bugged and zeroed for one of the days- I don't think the details were ever clear.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

UnknownMercenary posted:

Considering how much I made off of them, I wouldn't say they were bad at all. You never had to engage with them if you didn't want to.

Im the guy who actually liked skins. Its me, im the one sucking corporate cock.

Now that they are making opening safes free, its just even better.

( also i dont view comments made 2 years ago by people as sacred oaths, especially when that persons ability to actually implement said stated policy was also overseen by a parent company but i also dont get 'weird' about games and throw tantrums on the internet. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
To be fair, the context in which they were introduced, and several choices regarding their implementation were and are still pretty bad, even if they were never actually the Pay2Win game ruining evil that Reddit/SPUF insisted they were.