Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the store itself is probably fine, it's the people inside the story that make it a horrific experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

infernal machines posted:

how was your last microsoft store experience?

tumbleweeds

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

how was your last microsoft store experience?

pretty good. I clicked on the thing and it downloaded and installed.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shaggar posted:

pretty good. I clicked on the thing and it downloaded and installed.

he means

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's more people than i've ever seen in the tyson's ms store which is way bigger

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i went to the one downtown here (we also have one uptown, that's 2x the size and just as empty) to play with the XPS13 before buying it from Dell. the MS store only had the poverty edition and the maxxed out one with the awful touchscreen

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

that's more people than i've ever seen in the tyson's ms store which is way bigger

they're all employees

the only ms store in pittsburgh is a kiosk.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
other than the reek of desperation from the sales staff upon seeing a customer for possibly the first time ever, it was quite nice

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

oh. its been a long time since ive been in any B&M retail store.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

i went to the one downtown here (we also have one uptown, that's 2x the size and just as empty) to play with the XPS13 before buying it from Dell. the MS store only had the poverty edition and the maxxed out one with the awful touchscreen

the xps15 4k touch is the best laptop to get. the touch screen is good

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

have visited a couple of ms stores, they were reasonably busy and it seemed a very decent way to buy a laptop while avoiding the typical electronics store, all covered in stickers and filled with salesmen who only work there because they were found slightly to creepy and overbearing to make it as a used car salesman

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is a mystery how people have tolerated computers as well as they have up until now, every aspect relating to it, beyond like the turing conceptual idea of a computer, is really distasteful

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's really not worth the hit to battery life and the awful reflective coating to have 4k on a 13" screen

windows dpi scaling in applications is still poop from a butt and i don't need to be trying to hit sub-millimeter ui elements

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Endless Mike posted:

lol that place is always sad as heck. i wonder how much of a loss they eat in rent to keep that place open

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i bought my Thinkpad Yoga from a microsoft store and it was a p good purchasing/brand engagement experience.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Necc0 posted:

lol that place is always sad as heck. i wonder how much of a loss they eat in rent to keep that place open
most ms stores seem to be in the same shopping center/block as apple stores (no doubt a ballmer-era decision to be seen taking the fight to the competition) and the contrast between their level of activity is always maximum lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i bought my xps15 form the online Microsoft store.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

most ms stores seem to be in the same shopping center/block as apple stores (no doubt a ballmer-era decision to be seen taking the fight to the competition) and the contrast between their level of activity is always maximum lol

i'm at the combination microsoft and apple store

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if i didn't have to work with ios/didn't care about being able to send imessages i probably wouldn't even own a mac laptop at this point

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
get xamarin and then stick a mac in a closet where it belongs for the ios/osx build server.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Shaggar posted:

get xamarin and then stick a mac in a closet where it belongs for the ios/osx build server.

xamarin studio is insanely bad compared to visual studio and i'm amazed that there are people at my company who choose to use it. Apple Boys, all of them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah don't use xamarain studio, use vs on a real computer w/ the xamarin tools

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

oh. its been a long time since ive been in any B&M retail store.

no stores worth going to can financially justify existing in Maine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
b&m retail is for poor people who don't have the internet

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

just go to a b&m and price match

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

more like bowel&movement imo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

b&m retail is for poor people who don't have the internet

lol

do you buy your clothes and groceries online shagger?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

*only eats bulk processed food shipped via amazon subscribe and save*

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
barnes & mobile

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

oh hey a new iTunes bug

quote:

It looks like the way Apple Music handles streaming is when the current song is a minute from the end, iTunes signals the next track in the queue to start downloading so that it's ready to play when the current song is over. However, when the song is less than a minute long the next song's download is never initiated, apparently because some "one minute remaining" event is never triggered! This means the app just sits waiting for a download to finish that has in fact never started.

iTunes is programmed entirely by interns at this point

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

DuckConference posted:

oh hey a new iTunes bug

works on my machine, nice unsourced clickbait I guess

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
pretty cool how people have to make up poo poo about Apple because they're mad about their personal life decisions that lead them to choose android or windows

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

lol

do you buy your clothes and groceries online shagger?

some of them. I bought some socks on amazon just the other day. they're real good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DuckConference posted:

oh hey a new iTunes bug

yeah its a huge piece of poo poo.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

pretty cool how people have to make up poo poo about Apple because they're mad about their personal life decisions that lead them to choose android or windows

agreed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

uncurable mlady posted:

i think i might switch to android

Godspeed You! Black Conservative
Dec 30, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

lol just lol at using xamarin. is baby too scared of objc brackets and pointers? ffs swift is a thing that exists now, like what are you even trying to avoid? you still need Apple poo poo to deploy that hosed up c# abortion, just use Xcode like a normal person.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ios/osx is a garbage fire and so is xcode and objc/swift.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

mishaq posted:

no stores worth going to can financially justify existing in Maine

LLBean is from Maine no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

swift is great. microsoft should officially port it to windows

• Locked thread