Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Dren posted:

the P stands for professional

K-Rock is a great troll. Watching people like that goon Jared Polin freak out over his website is classic. Man there is so much anger in photography :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I get most of my faves on flickr from idiots who run spambots and man do they post the most boring poo poo imaginable.
Except this one guy with like ten photos which are really good lego star wars scenes

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

mAlfunkti0n posted:

K-Rock is a great troll. Watching people like that goon Jared Polin freak out over his website is classic. Man there is so much anger in photography :bahgawd:

Anything with gear to fetishise is always gonna create impotent rage

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Especially when the gear is designed to only function with one brand and it commonly costs thousands of dollars.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

mAlfunkti0n posted:

i just looked up jared polin and now i wish i hadn't thanks a lot

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Fro knows photo, bro!

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Top 5 Tips For Taking Better Photos by Fro Knows Photo

1. Buy my shirt yo.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
wait before you watch this video signup for my free newsletter

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I'm glad there's finally a YouTube show of guys making a conservative talk radio style photography podcast, sign me up for three shirts and two copies of the newsletter

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Well I'm glad someone is brave enough to give new gear the sniff test.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

You guys. I've found the best photographer.

It started with a run of the mill craigslist post.

Generic, run of the mill entitled idiot baby post. But then I clicked on the website link.

Guys, he's an Emmy Award Winning Director And Photographer.

and liberally sprinkles Silicon Valley meaningless jargon into his writing. And has that weird life-coach-who-is-robbing-you-blind tone.

But he's an EMMY AWARD WINNER. He must have some serious Directing and Photography (cinematography) chops, right?

That's right, ten years ago he had some unknown amount of involvement in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgvTgV5EoGY&t=120s

This is all the qualification needed to call yourself an :smug:Emmy Award Winning Director And Photographer:smug::

Look at all those Emmy Award Winners! So by extension, everyone working at Blizzard is an Emmy Award Winner. The unpaid intern driving the dailies over to South Park Studios is an Emmy Award Winner.

And of course an IMDB page that he definitely did not make himself:

:fuckoff:

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

red19fire posted:

You guys. I've found the best photographer.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but I quite like his work I'm seeing on the link you posted? And I'm pretty sure IMDb credits are created/added by the production people who put the movie/show up on IMDb. The only thing you as artist can do is contact IMDb to get credits merged because quite often production people are terrible and create a new entry for you. At least that's what happens to me all the time :(

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

He must be so good at what he does that no movie company has called him since 2006. He's just too good.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah this is a thread for bad photographers, not bad people. And going by the work in his portfolio he's not a bad photographer at all, just a dude who's too cheap to actually pay a personal trainer.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

This is a thread for the best photographers actually

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
You're correct, of course. I apologize for my mistake.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Assistant horror story thread is for bad people

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Well this guy's stuff is creepy.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/greengaia

warning: anime

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

akadajet posted:

It appears to apart of something called "dollfie", I refuse to investigate further :catstare:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

It appears to apart of something called "dollfie", I refuse to investigate further :catstare:

It's not so bad
紅葉の永觀堂 by Cloud Liu, on Flickr

Or, OK, yes, it is so bad
Volks DD DDH 06- 小唯 by Cloud Liu, on Flickr

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Flickr is so loving weird I swear to god.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

HookShot posted:

Flickr is so loving weird I swear to god.

You aren't kidding. I just noticed a pedophile that's following me. This dudes pictures are of him doing poo poo in his underwear:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/25249413@N02/

It weirded me out a bit so I started looking at the people he is following. Every single one I looked at has young kids in their stream. Families, young girls, etc. I'm gonna have to spend the next couple days switching most of my poo poo to private. I'm probably a dumbass for leaving pictures of my kids and family public, but it really has me weirded out.

Edit: yeah this dudes a loving perv. He has creepy pics of random young girls in his stream.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 22, 2016

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Choicecut posted:

You aren't kidding. I just noticed a pedophile that's following me. This dudes pictures are of him doing poo poo in his underwear:

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/25249413@N02/

It weirded me out a bit so I started looking at the people he is following. Every single one I looked at has young kids in their stream. Families, young girls, etc. I'm gonna have to spend the next couple days switching most of my poo poo to private. I'm probably a dumbass for leaving pictures of my kids and family public, but it really has me weirded out.

Name no picture of a child anything that a search for children will show them. I shoot lots of elementary school kids for birthday headshots. Date only for the name. Too scary, otherwise.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

torgeaux posted:

Name no picture of a child anything that a search for children will show them. I shoot lots of elementary school kids for birthday headshots. Date only for the name. Too scary, otherwise.

I'm going through and setting them all to private. I feel like a dipshit. I used loving real names.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Well you are a dipshit but not knowing about Flickr being weirdly degenerate isn't your fault. Search groups sometime for any sexual term at all and be shocked.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

akadajet posted:

I don't get it. What seems to be the problem? The photos are really good, excellent composition and editing. They are leagues ahead of the creepy underpants selfie shooting old fart who also posts photos of young girls he obv took without asking. Or Russian weddings.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Russian wedding photos own, actually

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this guy is insanely good

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118999245@N07/with/27164509483/

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
those watermarks

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Solid reportage... nice documentary style.. digging the date imprints. Really gives the viewer a sense of when the photo was taken.. very journalistic. I look at one of his pieces and it's like, 'I'm seeing exactly what this guy saw on that day'.

That's probably why he chose Nikon. You can't get that kind of immersive realism from lovely Canon sensors.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
mods can we rename dorkroom to the bokeh vault

my bokeh vault by eddie grimsley, on Flickr

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

this video really got me thinking about life

https://www.flickr.com/photos/118999245@N07/27164509483/in/datetaken/

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

My dead aunt's corpse freaked me the gently caress out, but now she's in heaven god bless.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

mods can we rename dorkroom to the bokeh vault

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Insanely is the right way to put it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best part by far is his off center avatar, the world's derpiest voyeur.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

This was my favourite, I can't stop laughing at the completely out of focus bunny.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HookShot posted:

This was my favourite, I can't stop laughing at the completely out of focus bunny.

soundmonkey make this the nikon thread background pls

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

That has to be an insane canon enthusiast trying to troll nikon users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
lol 1.7k followers.