Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jerry Zgoda @jerryzgoda

Sixers probably aiming to get to 3 to get Dunn but also have been doing their due diligence on Rubio for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

Don't trade with Danny Ainge.

This is also true.

It's going to end up being something like Noel, Saric, Lakers 2017 pick and #24 for #3

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

aBagorn posted:

Again, call me loving stupid but I think Noel and Embiid could coexist on the floor at least in some capacity without being the dumpster fire Noel/Okafor was (and the disaster that I think Okafor/Embiid would be).

I just really think Noel is such a plus defender and crazy athletic for his height that he's who I would want to keep.

I would agree, but keep in mind that Philly doesn't want to be good yet, and a rookie backcourt player is going to be a lot worse than Noel.

Also they certainly don't want to use up their cap space next summer when they could instead keep 2 centers on rookie deals.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It seems to me the Celtics have no leverage, so I dunno why the Sixers are bidding against themselves. Can't they get a guard at 4-6 by giving up a smaller package? Or only the Celtics really covet Okafor/Noel

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Bryan Colangelo wants nothing more than to be good. If he wins 25-30 games next year weirdos everywhere will talk about how great he is and he'll probably be voted executive of the year.

Plus, the incentive to tank isn't as great we still have the LAL pick and the Sacramento swap.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780943
NBA DRAFT PLAYLIST THREAD IS LIVE

Harlock posted:

It seems to me the Celtics have no leverage, so I dunno why the Sixers are bidding against themselves. Can't they get a guard at 4-6 by giving up a smaller package? Or only the Celtics really covet Okafor/Noel

It's really funny, they're going to end up taking all their picks again and everyone will laugh

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Bodner confirmed today that Noel's looming contract extension is considered by management to be an incentive to trade him, but that it makes him a little harder to move.

Do the Sixer just not want to pay Noel or do they just want him gone asap? Who the gently caress are the Sixers giving money to that a Noel contract extension is backbreaking?

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I would agree, but keep in mind that Philly doesn't want to be good yet, and a rookie backcourt player is going to be a lot worse than Noel.

Also they certainly don't want to use up their cap space next summer when they could instead keep 2 centers on rookie deals.

The sixers could give every player in the league a max contract and still have enough cap space for whatever they want to do. They aint paying poo poo.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DOOP posted:

Do the Sixer just not want to pay Noel or do they just want him gone asap? Who the gently caress are the Sixers giving money to that a Noel contract extension is backbreaking?

The sixers could give every player in the league a max contract and still have enough cap space for whatever they want to do. They aint paying poo poo.

Yeah I don't get the "Noel contract is a problem" thing, they have no players and aren't paying anyone anything short of whatever contracts they ate for other teams

I want a PG but don't want them to trade Noel though

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture

Harlock posted:

I think the thing is the Sixers really want to get Dunn and if the Celtics don't trade #3; Dunn is going to Boston. If they were content to get Hield or some other lower ceiling guard then sure they could go with a smaller bid

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sicke posted:

I think the thing is the Sixers really want to get Dunn and if the Celtics don't trade #3; Dunn is going to Boston. If they were content to get Hield or some other lower ceiling guard then sure they could go with a smaller bid

https://twitter.com/Efawcett7/status/745981326277304320

checks out

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sicke posted:

Threatening to pick a guy who doesn't fit your team just to call the Sixers bluff seems like a bad idea

but then, Colangelo lol

Bring back Hinkie

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Harlock posted:

Threatening to pick a guy who doesn't fit your team just to call the Sixers bluff seems like a bad idea

but then, Colangelo lol

Bring back Hinkie

The Danny Ainge School of Management, Intro to Negotiations 101: Act Like A Crazy Man.

Jake Fischer @JakeLFischer

Spoke to an exec picking top 8 last night. "Boston has changed their 'guy' every 12 hours." Teams think C's just trying to raise value of 3.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I've built myself up on Zhou Qi and am now going to be extremely disappointed when he goes before the Rockets pick or Morey drafts a competent upperclassman instead. Take your creepy little kid arms and swing for the fences Daryl

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

chunkles posted:

I've built myself up on Zhou Qi and am now going to be extremely disappointed when he goes before the Rockets pick or Morey drafts a competent upperclassman instead. Take your creepy little kid arms and swing for the fences Daryl

It's ok. I talked myself into Sabonis and now that's not going to happen.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
The thing I'm most interested about in Sabonis is whether he ends up better than his surrogate brother Donatas Motiejunas, who pulls off the Sabonis hook shot pretty well but doesn't really do anything else he did.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zhou Qi sounds like someone out of a Dynasty Warriors game and now I want the Wolves to somehow get into the back of the first to draft him.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Harlock posted:

but then, Colangelo lol

Bring back Hinkie

Trust the process dude

chunkles posted:

Rumor is that dude is like 24; but hey, I'm sure he looks really good playing 1-1 vs a chair, so he's got that going for him.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

IcePhoenix posted:

Zhou Qi sounds like someone out of a Dynasty Warriors game and now I want the Wolves to somehow get into the back of the first to draft him.

Don't pursue Zhou Qi

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't really think Zhou Qi was going to drop into the second round anyway, unless there is truth behind the rumor his age is a lie.

ALso on the Woj podcast the guest said that at least one of the European guys was going to pay his own buyout so the scenario IcePhoenix proposed is realistic.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Boston is trying to force another team into a lovely trade through the media, surprisingly enough.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

gingerberger posted:

Rumor is that dude is like 24; but hey, I'm sure he looks really good playing 1-1 vs a chair, so he's got that going for him.

I'm excited that we will have a new chairman in 2016.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Libertine posted:

I'm excited that we will have a new chairman in 2016.

chairman Zhou 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Boston is trying to force another team into a lovely trade through the media, surprisingly enough.

what will they call this one

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
Nets trade Thad Young for Pacers 20th overall pick, and presumably blow it like all other moves they have made in the past 5 years

Oh wait its no longer Billy King running them into the ground and losing the 3rd overall pick for rentals of KG and Paul Pierce ages ago

Sicke fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 23, 2016

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
God, the Nets still don't have their first round pick for the next two years

Celtics right to swap 2017
Celtics get the pick outright 2018

Man, 4 unprotected first round picks for the corpses of KG and Pierce

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm very excited for the many tweets the rookies will get to apologize for immediately after draft. Or is scrubbing social media dealt with in advance by now?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

I'm very excited for the many tweets the rookies will get to apologize for immediately after draft. Or is scrubbing social media dealt with in advance by now?
Kris Dunn prescrubbed in January and started a new account like a smart boy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Kris Dunn prescrubbed in January and started a new account like a smart boy

That moves him up my board.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

as you will see on the previous page, Marquese Chriss has 20,000 tweets and a photo of a horse loving a wolf in a walmart. So yeah, he's that guy.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

as you will see on the previous page, Marquese Chriss has 20,000 tweets and a photo of a horse loving a wolf in a walmart. So yeah, he's that guy.

I didn't know Marquese chriss posted in GBS

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/Quese_22/status/603027998015520768

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/quese_22/status/400492109599219713

lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

This has completely flipped my opinion on Marquese Chriss and I don't think he's going to be a bust anymore

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The age rumors come up for pretty much every African basketball player and it tends to be hard to prove without a medical examination. It could be a smokescreen or it could be legit but I wouldn't put too much stock into a bunch of scouts speculating until someone's willing to attach some evidence or at least put their name out there

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Chad Ford reporting that Masai will take Skal at #9 if none of the top 8 fall.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Chad Ford reporting that Masai will take Skal at #9 if none of the top 8 fall.

No thanks

e: Although I suppose I'd actually prefer Skal to Poeltl or Sabonis

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 23, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I mean is there an actual good option at 9 :shrug:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Lessail posted:

Not really unless you think Poeltl, Baldwin, or Luwawu is a sleeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Lessail posted:

Fair point. Nobody excites me.

• Locked thread