Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Endorph posted:

psychonauts was a bad platformer with bad episodes of invader zim stuck between levels. the only cool part of that game was finding the adult's hosed up backstories. #hot takes #cyclone

The only thing I remember about Psychonauts is how loving infuriating the final stage was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Any of y'all idoltards gonna play SmtxFe?
yes

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

Yes

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm a huge fan, of the idols.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
massive chalice pitch video: publishers are evil and vomited in our faces when we pitched them this other video game unrelated to this kickstarter cause it's TOO CREATIVE

how it probably actually happened: "ok, this is a nice prototype for a weird monster hunter game with stop-motion animation for the bosses. now, do you have any other plans for the game and how it will be structured or play and how much will it cost to make and will we have any reason to fund it? will it be a smart decision at all to publish this game that looks very similar to games in a genre already dominated by titles such as god eater and monster hunter? huh? no? oh, ok then, have a nice day"

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 23, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

people like to imagine publishers are assholes that are denying people's dreams and yeah they've probably shitcanned some promising games but just as often they've stopped bad games or bad ideas from having any more money put into them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
that part of the pitch video was goofy at the time but it's kind of sad to look back on it, now that all this other stuff with double fine has gone down and their reputation has taken a pretty loving big hit

like, the context around that kind of joke changes a whole loving lot when all of your independent efforts since then are running into big trouble, if not falling flat on their faces

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

I shan't

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

massive chalice pitch video: publishers are evil and vomited in our faces when we pitched them this other video game unrelated to this kickstarter cause it's TOO CREATIVE

how it probably actually happened: "ok, this is a nice prototype for a weird monster hunter game with stop-motion animation for the bosses. now, do you have any other plans for the game and how it will be structured or play and how much will it cost to make and will we have any reason to fund it? will it be a smart decision at all to publish this game that looks very similar to games in a genre already dominated by titles such as god eater and monster hunter? huh? no? oh, ok then, have a nice day"

but massive chalice was abad xcom clone

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Massive... Alice

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Are you too mad about the costume censorship?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

K. Flaps posted:

Massive... Alice

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Are you too mad about the costume censorship?

I loving am

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Davincie posted:

but massive chalice was abad xcom clone

there's a part in the pitch video for Massive Chalice where they make a joke about how Brazen, one of their amnesia fortnight titles that plays like a barebones God Eater with a neat stop-motion animation style, didn't get published because publishers HATE CREATIVITY (and then they have a guy wearing red make-up and devil horns spew green goo from his mouth at the face of the guy who directed Massive Chalice, followed by him hatefully uttering the word "creativity" to show how much PUBLISHERS HATE CREATIVITY)

having played the prototype for it, it was an ok idea but there was no reason for anyone to publish it because it's very similar to God Eater or Monster Hunter in how it plays and those games have a loving corner on that market and Double Fine has never made that kind of game before. that part of the video is really depressing to look at now because holy poo poo double fine has slipped up hard with all of their independent efforts since then they have no right to make that kind of jab

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Aaaaah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wonX0JYZFA&t=117s

a video that people recorded

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
I am excited to play the Fire emblemth game in an experimental collaboration. Unless the #FE implies that the game weighs Fire Emblem pounds. Either way, I think they turned Fire Emblem into a number here.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sorbocules posted:

I am excited to play the Fire emblemth game in an experimental collaboration. Unless the #FE implies that the game weighs Fire Emblem pounds. Either way, I think they turned Fire Emblem into a number here.

Sharp iron

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the snapback owns though

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

I thought you were joking about the devil vomit thing.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Command Ant posted:

I thought you were joking about the devil vomit thing.

no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wasn't

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

psychonauts was a bad platformer with bad episodes of invader zim stuck between levels. the only cool part of that game was finding the adult's hosed up backstories. #hot takes #cyclone

psychonauts rules

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

psychonauts rules

eh

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

brutal legend ruled too and if it had just been heavy metal sacrifice from the start entirely instead of a bare open world action game it would have been a better

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

psychonauts rules

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i liked the strategy part of brutal legend but im still wishing for a real sacrifice 2

anyone want to play sacrifice multi

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sacrifice was probably the best way to make console rts games work but i cant think maybe people tried it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i liked the strategy part of brutal legend but im still wishing for a real sacrifice 2

anyone want to play sacrifice multi

im always down but its been so long youd crush me probably

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

brutal legend ruled too and if it had just been heavy metal sacrifice from the start entirely instead of a bare open world action game it would have been a better

EHHHH

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

all that said tho i dont like schafers adventure game stuff as much as sam and max

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You can't honestly make a console FPS work and I say that as someone who played the poo poo out of ps1 red alert

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srI_Vtydqko

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

You can't honestly make a console FPS work and I say that as someone who played the poo poo out of ps1 red alert

ps1 red alert was sweet

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

im always down but its been so long youd crush me probably

i dont think ive played it in a decade, lets do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gdgd fairies is a good show