Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I've been doing pretty good the past couple of weeks. I cleared my first DB10 today(which was disappointing! I thought I would get something cool, instead I got 5 Fruel genes instead of the usual 4 :smith: ), I finished a Tower of Dawn on Normal, and I'm on the last battle of Ashan.

But that's the problem now, I'm having a ton of trouble on the the Azrael fight. I'm using Muzaka, Raizel, Raskreia, Krut and Mas, which is(As far as I can tell) a pretty solid team. A complete lack of crowd control, but Serendi is getting chewed up and spit out every time I bring her in(she's at 59, 4*, so she's close!)

I'm using good tactics, but my Mans are just getting rolled over, so I imagine this is the point where I have to actually learn how the game works, what stats are good, things like that. There was an earlier post regarding Platinum gear which was very helpful, but I would like to go further. What stats are actually useful? I had been favoring Dodge, which is apparently a problem. Is there a good resource for how to gear up? Especially for individual characters.

Secondly, I'm running very low on gold and basically never have enough. Any trick to this, aside from running the Nephtys Gold dungeon on it's day?

Lastly, I've got 7 days left to get 9 pieces of the Nobleese gear for Muzaka and Raskreia. I am pretty sure that's enough time, but I don't want to risk missing it. Where's the most efficient place to farm it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm not even going to be able to get the gear, I'll be lucky if I can get Raziel himself. I have 11 genes for him and so many to go.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I actually farmed that place non-stop as soon as he launched. Everything about it is super good. Great experience, good drops, Raizel himself is good, good blood stone rate, etc.

I'd still be farming it if he wasn't max skilled and I had a ton of other poo poo to do.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Okay, let's talk about Item Optimization.

Pink > Orange > Blue > Green > White

Remember that color scheme to know which is better when looking at potentials.

TL;DR

Damage Dealers: Bow/Armor/Ring with a 5* Necklace
Tanks: Sword/Armor/Brooch
Support: Bow/Armor/Brooch or Ring with a 5* Necklace

The exception to the above is if you're wearing sets. Generally you ignore item composition if the set effect is really good.

Weapons

Bows - This is the best weapon type even though it gives the lowest attack. Crit rate is way too useful of a stat in combination with crit damage potentials to the point where you will see a massive damage spike when you land a critical hit. Note that heals can also land a "critical hit" and heal for a much higher amount than normal. Because of this, supports should also use bows.

Swords - Sword's attack value is more than bows but less than maces. They're preferred over maces on tanks because the hit rate stat is the second most useful thing after crit rate. Losing to dodge RNG is pretty bad.

Maces - Gives the highest attack out of all three weapon types. They have a niche use, but in general it's better to go bows. The only hero that could go all maces would be Jin because her passive can more or less guarantee her 100% crit rate.

Armor

Armor - This is the best armor type in the game. Defense is the most important stat in the game, even above attack. Since defense reduces damage by a percentage, it's never not useful throughout the entire game.

Shoes - Dodge is really tricky because hit rate hard counters it. If you go dodge, it's an all in thing which can be pretty bad because you're relying entirely on rng not screwing you over. There are a few heroes you can attempt this on but it is a huge gamble. You can definitely try it on heroes who have dodge bonuses in their skills, but remember that without defense, there is a huge chance your dodger gets one-shotted when hit.

Shield - Don't ever touch this poo poo. Counter rate is useless if you're made of paper. Do not ever try to make a counter build unless you have Outer Space set.

Accessories

Rings - Gives crit and hit rate. Goes on your damage dealers. The hit rate bonus should be enough to cover for the lack of swords.

Brooches - Gives HP and defense. Goes on anyone who needs to tank up.

Necklaces - Gives attack and mastery which influences how much your damage fluctuates. This item is extremely important. You might notice that some heroes would sometimes deal next to no damage yet other times hit really hard, those heroes probably have a really low base mastery. For example, Lance have a mastery of 6000 or 60%. When he attacks, he can do anywhere between 100% down to 60% of his original damage. This is a huge issue when there is a possibility that your hero loses nearly half of his damage due to rng. Always try to equip your heroes in a way that their mastery is above 90%.

Equipping your heroes

In general, everyone should be wearing armors due to the defense stat. Armors all across if you want your heroes to actually survive through multiple attacks.

For damage dealers, you want bows and rings to raise crit rate as high as possible. Tanks should go swords and brooches where the brooches matter more because it gives more HP and defense. Healers should go bows and they can mix and match rings with brooches depending on if you want them to be tankier or higher chance to critting their heals.

Where to shove necklaces is the tricky part. Necklaces have a bit of a weird scaling compared to rings and brooches.

Here are the values for a +10 necklace:
1* - 159 ATK / 1,184 Mastery
2* - 376 ATK / 1,406 Mastery
3* - 652 ATK / 1,628 Mastery
4* - 1,012 ATK / 1,850 Mastery
5* - 1,498 ATK / 2,072 Mastery

As you can see, the attack value scales exponentially the higher the item rank is. Always try to equip a 4* or 5* necklace! This is important because the attack difference is way too big. Even if your hero needs 1000 mastery to hit 100%, still equip a 5* necklace if possible because there is no reason to go for a 1* necklace that only gives 159 attack. If the hero needs more than 2000 mastery, then equip a 4* AND 5* necklace. Try to avoid equipping the 1-3* necklaces if possible. The only exception to this is if the high ranking sets don't include necklaces, then you can go and equip the lower ranking ones or if low ranking sets already includes a necklace.

Item Potentials

:frogsiren: THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART WHEN IT COMES TO ITEM OPTIMIZATION! :frogsiren:

FULL ITEM POTENTIAL LIST

The above list is extremely handy as it lists all possible potentials and their values.

First, potential slots on items:
Normal (White) - 0 slots
Rare (Green) - 1 slot
Epic (Blue) - 2 slots
Unique (Orange) - 3 slots
Legendary (Pink) - 4 slots

Each time you refine an item to the next rarity, it will unlock an additional potential slot and rolls a random potential on the new slot. Generally, it is not recommended to roll potentials until you have all 4 slots unlocked which means getting the item up to +9 and refine it up to legendary (pink) quality.

If you're new to the game, I would go against that advice and start doing it as soon as you have 3 slots. Why? Because legendary refinement eats up a ton of metal that you probably don't have because you can't clear the harder areas in the game. The biggest supply of metals come from Tower of Dawn, but you probably can't clear ToD Hard because your gear is weak. This means you're losing out on another set of metals and grinding storage dungeons eat up a lot of energy that could be spent farming hero genes. So if you're 1-2 months into the game, I wouldn't worry about rolling potentials on items with 3 slots.

So what potentials do we want on items?

In general, you want at least 3 out of the 4 slots to be good potentials and be at least epic (blue) rarity. You have to be very careful when rolling for potentials because the number of modification potions that are required to roll doubles per slots you want to keep. If you're planning to roll potentials on a large number of gear, you might want to stop after getting 2 good potentials otherwise you run the risk of eating through your mod potion supply.

Another thing to note is that you want +% potentials over +flat value ones for obvious reasons even if the +flat value happens to be legendary (pink).

Weapons- Priority is the roll +% Attack and +% Damage. If the hero have insanely high crit rate, it's fine to go for +% Crit Damage over +% Attack/Damage if you can't get both. +% Damage takes high priority on Jack and Lena because it affects the HP % Damage portion of their skill. If you manage to get +% Attack, +% Damage, and +% Crit Damage all in one weapon, you're pretty much good to go. The final potential you can go for is either +% Crit Rate or +% Hit Rate.

Armors - +% HP and +% Defense are both extremely high priority. Get both of these before aiming for anything else. +Flat Defense is actually good here and probably the only flat value potential worth keeping if you happen to get it. -% Damage Reduction is also good if you're looking to tank up further. If you're doing a dodge build, you want both +% Dodge and +Flat Dodge along with +% HP if possible.

Accessories - Check the potential list because each rank have 2 unique potentials that will only appear on accessories. In general, you want ATK by % of HP on every accessory piece. Accessories are a bit trickier to roll for due to the large variety of potentials.

Unique potentials on accessories to aim for:
1* - +% HP
2* - +% Crit Damage and if possible +% Crit Rate
3* - +% Counter Damage (only for counter builds)
4* - +% Damage Reduction or +% Dodge on dodge builds
5* - +% Attack and +% Defense

The hardest to roll for is probably 5* rank because you want ATK by % of HP, +% Attack, and +% Defense which is 3 out of the 4 slots. This will straight up chew through all your mod potions. If you don't have enough 5* mod potions, aim for +% Attack only for damage dealers and +% Defense for tanks.

Crit Rate by Defense is also a good potential to look out for because if you went all armors, stacking these potentials can give a good amount of crit rate. Hit Rate by Crit Rate is also something to consider if you need more hit rate but don't want to equip a sword over a bow.

Attack by % MP is really bad because of how small MP pools generally are. Don't think that it is as good as Attack by % HP because it's not.

Recover HP by % DoT Taken is a situational potential. It's really good on heroes in the front line that you know will get hit by nukes with DoT effect. Having at least one of this potential is a good idea on tanks to help reduce the amount of damage taken. Note that there are special DoTs that ignore this potential, so don't expect this to save you from every DoT effect.

+MP per Turn is extremely situational. There are 2 situations where you would want this potential across all your accessories: dealing with mana burn or skill chaining. Heroes like Mu can benefit from this potential to allow her to keep chain stunning longer before running out of MP.

+% Damage (Minion/Boss/Nep) potentials are limited to PvE and you definitely don't want these if you ever plan on using said equipment in PvP areas. +% Damage (Nep) is the worst of the three because Nep dungeons are already nerfed to be easier. +% Damage (Minion/Boss) can be better than the other potentials if you never plan to PvP with a certain hero or gear. For example, these potentials would greatly help Jin since she shines in PvE and is complete trash in PvP.

Stats to aim for!

For damage dealers, you're looking at over 25k attack in general if you manage to get all the attack related potentials. Some stronger heroes can easily reach 30k with good potentials.

Crit rate should be well over 80% and nearly 100% if you manage to get a bunch of +% Crit Rate potentials. For utility and support heroes, you might end up with something around 50~60% crit rate, which is fine.

Defense should be well over 50% on damage dealers wearing armor and tanks should aim for over 65%. Actual pure tank heroes like Bearman can easily go over 70% defense with all +10 gear and good potentials.

Mastery should be at 90~100% for everyone except for heroes where damage don't matter. Heroes like Bearman and Raboff can get away with their default mastery if you only plan to use them for their tanking purposes. It is possible to build them to actually deal a decent amount of damage though.

Hit rate should be around 20~25% minimum but attackers should definitely have a lot more for PvP. Outside of PvP, you won't be dealing with many dodge type enemies.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Time for this week's gacha roundup:

1 star: Rebel Army Supply, Savage Token, Witch's Tool. Even with the noblesse sets in the mix, the only really good set here is Rebel ARmy Supply, and it's not worth pulling for specifically.
2 star: Lumen Hymn, Roocoo Ranger, Serial Killer. Decent noblesse sets. Serial Killer's a solid scissors set, but nothing special, but coocoo ranger and lumen hymn are good, especially if you've got onesies. Okay pull.
3 star: Strategy Support System, Wilderness Desperado, Mad Guitarist. Wilderness Desperado is a less amazing Gold Tiger, since it boosts dodge instead of HP, but you only need 2 pieces to get the +50% attack. Strategy Support System is mediocre for a three star SS, and Mad Guitarist is okay, but not something you're going to want a hell of a lot of, like say, Wild Chaser. Poor buy unless you really still want to fish for Arrogant Pureblood.
4 star: Forgotten Hitter #4, Brushing Wind, Persona's Trick. Persona's Trick is a solid attack, but nothing really special. Brushing Wind is hard to activate, but if you can, it's absolutely amazing. If you have full Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian or Legendary Ranger, trying for this isn't bad. Combined with good noblesse sets, this is a very good place to be blowing gems this week.
5 star: Omniscient & Omnipotent, Pirate of Pirates, Hellish Flame's Guide. Hellish Flame's Guide is poo poo, Pirate of Pirates is an excellent set even at 2 pieces, and Omniscient and Omnipotent is the last remaining set that breaks Sleep. Combined with the noblesse sets, this is not a bad place to spend your crystals, especially, again, if you have onesies.

For my money, 4 star's the winner this week, though I'll probably be pulling 5 star, because I want one single solitary piece more of Omni, to complete my set. Completing a set of Pirate of Pirates along the way would make me very happy. If I manage to complete Omni, though, anything extra is going into 4 star, in hopes of finishing my Persona's Trick, Brushing Wind, Central Knights, and Austere Noble sets, because (and you should be starting to see a pattern here) finishing your incomplete sets is a good way to quicken your rise to power.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
When I heard this game had a rock, paper, scissors element system I didn't think it was going to be this literal. :psyduck:

Is there a way to get bloodstones more efficiently than just doing story quests? Is there a way to buy them with gems?

... Wait, what do you mean I can't get that beefy dragon on my team? :cmon: , each boss with dialogue I beat up before joined my team, I want a dragon! :argh:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 22, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

When I heard this game had a rock, paper, scissors element system I didn't think it was going to be this literal. :psyduck:

Is there a way to get bloodstones more efficiently than just doing story quests? Is there a way to buy them with gems?

... Wait, what do you mean I can't get that beefy dragon on my team? :cmon: , each boss with dialogue I beat up before joined my team, I want a dragon! :argh:

Raziel's Lost Island gives 16 bloodstones per completion; this doesn't scale with the progressive stages, and each stage takes more energy than the last. So basically the best way to farm bloodstones is to just autorun Raziel 1 a whole bunch.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Raziel's Lost Island gives 16 bloodstones per completion; this doesn't scale with the progressive stages, and each stage takes more energy than the last. So basically the best way to farm bloodstones is to just autorun Raziel 1 a whole bunch.

The best way to maximize bloodstones while farming raizel is using stage 1, but the 2:1 ratio you get there is literally the same ratio you will get anywhere that is not Nepthys, so if you're done farming Rai and Muz, don't go to Lost Island anymore. Blow through other stages, farm boss genes, even just auto normal boss stages for gold, if necessary, but use the highest ones you can auto, to get the most return on your energy in general.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Time for this week's gacha roundup:

1 star: Rebel Army Supply, Savage Token, Witch's Tool. Even with the noblesse sets in the mix, the only really good set here is Rebel ARmy Supply, and it's not worth pulling for specifically.
2 star: Lumen Hymn, Roocoo Ranger, Serial Killer. Decent noblesse sets. Serial Killer's a solid scissors set, but nothing special, but coocoo ranger and lumen hymn are good, especially if you've got onesies. Okay pull.
3 star: Strategy Support System, Wilderness Desperado, Mad Guitarist. Wilderness Desperado is a less amazing Gold Tiger, since it boosts dodge instead of HP, but you only need 2 pieces to get the +50% attack. Strategy Support System is mediocre for a three star SS, and Mad Guitarist is okay, but not something you're going to want a hell of a lot of, like say, Wild Chaser. Poor buy unless you really still want to fish for Arrogant Pureblood.
4 star: Forgotten Hitter #4, Brushing Wind, Persona's Trick. Persona's Trick is a solid attack, but nothing really special. Brushing Wind is hard to activate, but if you can, it's absolutely amazing. If you have full Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian or Legendary Ranger, trying for this isn't bad. Combined with good noblesse sets, this is a very good place to be blowing gems this week.
5 star: Omniscient & Omnipotent, Pirate of Pirates, Hellish Flame's Guide. Hellish Flame's Guide is poo poo, Pirate of Pirates is an excellent set even at 2 pieces, and Omniscient and Omnipotent is the last remaining set that breaks Sleep. Combined with the noblesse sets, this is not a bad place to spend your crystals, especially, again, if you have onesies.

For my money, 4 star's the winner this week, though I'll probably be pulling 5 star, because I want one single solitary piece more of Omni, to complete my set. Completing a set of Pirate of Pirates along the way would make me very happy. If I manage to complete Omni, though, anything extra is going into 4 star, in hopes of finishing my Persona's Trick, Brushing Wind, Central Knights, and Austere Noble sets, because (and you should be starting to see a pattern here) finishing your incomplete sets is a good way to quicken your rise to power.

Quoting this because :frogsiren: Noblesse event last 1 more week. :frogsiren: This is your last chance to finish any Noblesse event sets from capsules before they go away.

This time I really don't know if they will bring the event back again.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
The noblesse draws are different than those for me. Weird.

If I went and whaled out on Raizel, and bought his pack, who is apparently the best unit in the game, would that let me max all of his skills? Or is 1000 DNA not nearly enough?

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 23, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Raizel needs 720 to unlock and around 2500 to max I believe. His third skill alone eats up around 1200 genes.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
minor updates to OP including new nexon paywall section for new players.

Thank you to contributors.

:toot:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

God I am going to need a miracle to even get 800 genes for raziel

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Somefool posted:

Okay, let's talk about Item Optimization.

Thanks a ton for this post, I really appreciate it and it clears up a lot. Two questions for you and then I'll go back to just figuring poo poo out on my own:

1) When something says it increases dodge by 10%, what does that mean exactly? If I have 50% dodge, then equip that, does that mean I now have 60% dodge(50% + 10%), or 55%(50 + (50 * 0.1))?

2) Are there any notable exceptions to the rules up there? I mean, there are of course a few, but which ones really stand out? For example, Serendi has naturally really high dodge, so I was building her very very dodgey. This turned out to be a flaw, because if she didn't dodge, she just died. So, less of an exception than I thought she was.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Thanks a ton for this post, I really appreciate it and it clears up a lot. Two questions for you and then I'll go back to just figuring poo poo out on my own:

1) When something says it increases dodge by 10%, what does that mean exactly? If I have 50% dodge, then equip that, does that mean I now have 60% dodge(50% + 10%), or 55%(50 + (50 * 0.1))?

2) Are there any notable exceptions to the rules up there? I mean, there are of course a few, but which ones really stand out? For example, Serendi has naturally really high dodge, so I was building her very very dodgey. This turned out to be a flaw, because if she didn't dodge, she just died. So, less of an exception than I thought she was.

1) You will notice that there is a % button which converts the static value into their percentage value. The +% potentials boost the static value by that amount. Dodge chance does not scale linearly, so the per point in dodge is worth less as the total value goes up. This is why you have to go all in for dodge, not to mention hit rate countering it.

2) Persona, Rage, and Dom can be built as dodgers because they all have skills that can increase the dodge value. Dom in particular gives a ton of dodge when she kills something but the problem is that you also have to build her with enough attack to one shot whatever you're attacking. I still wouldn't go flat out shoes though. The only time I would ever attempt it is if you have set items that gives more dodge also.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 23, 2016

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I applied to Overflowtax as Jimmybob. :shrug:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Thursday Raid

The 2 Raboff setup will once again net you a ton of points if you're lucky. The only difference here is that both Raboffs will be standing on poison tiles and since there aren't any sets that can prevent this, both of them will be taking damage each turn.

Basically just alternate between Guild Shelling and one of the two healing skills to keep HP and MP topped off. As far as I know, this boss doesn't seem to have a suicide bomb passive besides the humanoid form.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The noblesse draws are different than those for me. Weird.

Noblesse Capsules are 100% separate from normal black coocoos, every draw has a chance of being either one. My recommendations take into account the Noblesse coocoos, which don't change over the course of the event, that's why 3 is worth drawing at all. Arrogant Pureblood is JUST THAT GOOD.

Somefool posted:

1) You will notice that there is a % button which converts the static value into their percentage value. The +% potentials boost the static value by that amount. Dodge chance does not scale linearly, so the per point in dodge is worth less as the total value goes up. This is why you have to go all in for dodge, not to mention hit rate countering it.

It's worth noting the order of calculations, too. Every stat starts as a raw number. Static additions to this number (from sets or potentials) are added to this raw number. Then, percent potentials are calculated individually, and then all applied. Then, any conversion potentials, the accessory potentials that read %X to %Y (The best of these is HP -> Attack, second best is Crit -> Hit) are calculated and then applied. There is only one exception to this that I know of. Static HP additions from sets go absolute dead last.

Important to note as well is that for % (but apparently not % conversion) bonuses, the percentages will recalculate if you get bonuses mid battle from sets activating or deactivating, which is why you don't actually have to have 20% counter chance to end up with 100% when Outer Space turns on and gives you 8000. The 8000 gets % bonuses added to it, so if you have 25% counter chance, total, on your armor and accessories, you will just automatically get 100%.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Noblesse Capsules are 100% separate from normal black coocoos, every draw has a chance of being either one. My recommendations take into account the Noblesse coocoos, which don't change over the course of the event, that's why 3 is worth drawing at all. Arrogant Pureblood is JUST THAT GOOD.

I accidentally drew on 2. Goddamit. :negative: At least I'll be able to do a pull on 3 guaranteed before it ends because I bought the 'month of gems for 2$' thing. I love when these games have cheap options for the more patient players.

Anyway, Does the first level of Raizel's island only drop one dna in 1-2 increments? Because I don't think I'll be able to run this even 360 times before it ends...

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Anyway, Does the first level of Raizel's island only drop one dna in 1-2 increments? Because I don't think I'll be able to run this even 360 times before it ends...

Yep. Good luck, man.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mastery doesn't do anything above 100%, right?

I ask because Muzaka has base 100% mastery, but his set gives mastery :goleft:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Mastery doesn't do anything above 100%, right?

I ask because Muzaka has base 100% mastery, but his set gives mastery :goleft:

There's one SUPER SPECIFIC situation where having over 100% mastery can help and that's when you face against Moa and he debuffs your hero with his 2nd skill which lowers mastery. But that's so stupidly rare that it doesn't matter.

Anyway, if you transcended Muzaka's set necklace, he should have near 100% mastery. You can replace the 4* and 5* slots with something other than necklaces.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Somefool posted:

There's one SUPER SPECIFIC situation where having over 100% mastery can help and that's when you face against Moa and he debuffs your hero with his 2nd skill which lowers mastery. But that's so stupidly rare that it doesn't matter.

Anyway, if you transcended Muzaka's set necklace, he should have near 100% mastery. You can replace the 4* and 5* slots with something other than necklaces.

Muzaka's base mastery, with no gear at all, is 100% is what I meant. Which is why it was weird that his set has a necklace.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Muzaka's base mastery, with no gear at all, is 100% is what I meant. Which is why it was weird that his set has a necklace.

His base mastery is 7600/76%. Please subtract the numbers in the red parenthesis from the white number which is the total.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So, today I obtained 2 more pieces of Brushing Wind, and that means Project Valkyrie is a go.

What is Project Valkyrie, you ask?

Rebel Army Supply, Extra Curriculum (boots), Legendary Ranger (Boots), Brushing Wind, and for now, Friday the 13th (Boots).

after adjusting item potentials, Valkyrie just barely gets to 30% dodge. This is enough to turn on Legendary Ranger, granting her +12% attack and +2000 dodge. That much dodge puts her above 40% dodge, which turns on Brushing Wind, granting her +1500 Defense and -10% damage taken.

The result:

A reasonable truckload of HP, quality dodge rate, amazing defense, and acceptable attack for a defender. She also heals 5% HP per kill, and on turn 3+, heals an extra 7% HP per turn and gets an extra 12% attack.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
That's more attack than my main attackers have. Wowzers.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Err, are there any goon guilds out there aside from SwdOfLowtax and Overflowtax? The first is full, the latter has a slot free but isn't accepting me.

Also, I'm considering buying the Raizel package. :negative: It's seventy bucks, but those things look very helpful for a new player. The other packages are way too whaley, though. Reddit's up in arms over it, but that's what reddit always does so I can't take them too seriously, but if 100$ is really the only way to acquire that reaper lady that is definitely a nasty precident. I just started and I'm worried about the game going even more pay-to-win. I don't want to pay money now if it's just going to get worse.

My plan is to at least try to get these units now, then if I really like the game I can always round them out with rainbow genes later, as rare as those are it seems the best use of them.

What units count as 'tanks', by the way? The ones with the shield icon? As opposed to the area/attack/balanced/support icons? Since those should get swords and everyone else bows, apparently.

Finally, aside from that, I just beat Vulcan island. (Island... four? The one with the werewolf as the final boss.) and feel like I've hit a wall. I can't get past room three of the tower, Leveling my heroes takes ages, I'm either capped out on genes for the day or unable to do the boss stage beyond a B rank because bosses take a long time, mana stones seem to be a daily thing, and refinement materials are a pain to gather. I feel like I'm missing something, aside from 'get out the credit card'. Is it common for the game to drastically slow down here?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Grind Werewolf Jack on Vulcan, grind his genes, own the game for a long time with him. Are you doing the daily golden coocoo dungeons? Good way to level up dudes.

What's your current line up?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Err, are there any goon guilds out there aside from SwdOfLowtax and Overflowtax? The first is full, the latter has a slot free but isn't accepting me.

Also, I'm considering buying the Raizel package. :negative: It's seventy bucks, but those things look very helpful for a new player. The other packages are way too whaley, though. Reddit's up in arms over it, but that's what reddit always does so I can't take them too seriously, but if 100$ is really the only way to acquire that reaper lady that is definitely a nasty precident. I just started and I'm worried about the game going even more pay-to-win. I don't want to pay money now if it's just going to get worse.

My plan is to at least try to get these units now, then if I really like the game I can always round them out with rainbow genes later, as rare as those are it seems the best use of them.

What units count as 'tanks', by the way? The ones with the shield icon? As opposed to the area/attack/balanced/support icons? Since those should get swords and everyone else bows, apparently.

Finally, aside from that, I just beat Vulcan island. (Island... four? The one with the werewolf as the final boss.) and feel like I've hit a wall. I can't get past room three of the tower, Leveling my heroes takes ages, I'm either capped out on genes for the day or unable to do the boss stage beyond a B rank because bosses take a long time, mana stones seem to be a daily thing, and refinement materials are a pain to gather. I feel like I'm missing something, aside from 'get out the credit card'. Is it common for the game to drastically slow down here?

I will just say this right now that you don't NEED any of them unless you want to be a completionist. Yeah it sucks that some people miss out on event heroes due to various reasons but you definitely don't need any of them to progress anything. I wouldn't worry about the whole overpowered thing either since this game loves to power creep with their heroes. With season 2 coming sometime later this year (hopefully~), there will be new heroes that might end up replacing old ones. I bought the dumb $100 lady and I can tell you that she is not necessary or overpowered in any way nor is she a problem in PvP or even needed in PvE. I just have her for the sake of completion.

As far as tank characters go, you have to look at their entire skill set. Chris is a tank hero because she has a bunch of defensive type skills. The whole area/attack/balanced/support thing doesn't really matter. Look at their skill set and you can get an idea what they can do. Their battle type comes into play in Tower of Dawn due to gimmick reasons. Some sets are also limited to certain types of heroes.

If you've hit a wall, just keep farming hero genes. Your gear at this point doesn't really matter due to how difficult it is to get materials. What you should be focusing on is trying to advance in those coocoo (golden cat robot) dungeons in the nephy area. Try your best to get SS or S rank in the highest dungeon number you can do. Use those monsters in exp synthesis to quickly level up heroes. Regular dungeon grinding won't get them very far unless it happens to be 2x exp day.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Somefool posted:

I will just say this right now that you don't NEED any of them unless you want to be a completionist. Yeah it sucks that some people miss out on event heroes due to various reasons but you definitely don't need any of them to progress anything. I wouldn't worry about the whole overpowered thing either since this game loves to power creep with their heroes. With season 2 coming sometime later this year (hopefully~), there will be new heroes that might end up replacing old ones. I bought the dumb $100 lady and I can tell you that she is not necessary or overpowered in any way nor is she a problem in PvP or even needed in PvE. I just have her for the sake of completion.

As far as tank characters go, you have to look at their entire skill set. Chris is a tank hero because she has a bunch of defensive type skills. The whole area/attack/balanced/support thing doesn't really matter. Look at their skill set and you can get an idea what they can do. Their battle type comes into play in Tower of Dawn due to gimmick reasons. Some sets are also limited to certain types of heroes.

If you've hit a wall, just keep farming hero genes. Your gear at this point doesn't really matter due to how difficult it is to get materials. What you should be focusing on is trying to advance in those coocoo (golden cat robot) dungeons in the nephy area. Try your best to get SS or S rank in the highest dungeon number you can do. Use those monsters in exp synthesis to quickly level up heroes. Regular dungeon grinding won't get them very far unless it happens to be 2x exp day.

Well, alright. I should probably just ignore the lonely island for this event once I unlock musake then. The heroes probably won't be great without the genes. (Still going to try to max raskreya though.) - I just got carried away due to the thread's event notice.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Grind Werewolf Jack on Vulcan, grind his genes, own the game for a long time with him. Are you doing the daily golden coocoo dungeons? Good way to level up dudes.

What's your current line up?

I always field the bard and raskreya. The rest depends on stage requirements and color balance. (Pretty much all the normal heroes before Dolore. Only IAP has been the 2$ for a month of gems deal.)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I can tell you right now that scissor heroes will be the easiest heroes to level. Keep farming Deb genes if you haven't already.

Deb + Rask + 3 damage dealers can own the scissor coocoo dungeons easily. Just put Deb and Rask in first slots and slap DoT on as many enemies as you can then nuke them. You should be able to get pretty high up doing this which means higher level coocoos to feed to heroes.

Deb and Rask should be carrying you further into the game due them being higher level than everything else.

Also yes it sucks that you couldn't max out the Lost Island heroes. Sadly there is no efficient way to quickly farm them if you just started the game towards the end of the event.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The Raizel package is 70 bucks, but guarantees immediately unlock of Raizel plus a bit, and gives you a set that is, if slightly lower in magnitude, certainly still on par with one of the single best sets in the game. SS sets are loving expensive, and paying $70 for one of the best is, if you're willing to go to dolphin-tier, totally loving worth it. Most of them will cost you at least a couple hundred to complete, if you're lucky. Five stars can easily take a grand or more.

There's also the fact that Raizel is really, REALLY good, and will make your progress through the game significantly easier, especially in combination with Jack and Muzaka. He can pretty easily lock bosses out of their best attacks entirely, sometimes ALL their non-basic attacks, while the rest of your party is free to wreck them with little fear.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you're willing to go dolphin tier, 70 bucks on the Raizel package, especially if you're not gonna be able to unlock him normally, is about the best money you could spend on the game at the moment.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

The Raizel package is 70 bucks, but guarantees immediately unlock of Raizel plus a bit, and gives you a set that is, if slightly lower in magnitude, certainly still on par with one of the single best sets in the game. SS sets are loving expensive, and paying $70 for one of the best is, if you're willing to go to dolphin-tier, totally loving worth it. Most of them will cost you at least a couple hundred to complete, if you're lucky. Five stars can easily take a grand or more.

There's also the fact that Raizel is really, REALLY good, and will make your progress through the game significantly easier, especially in combination with Jack and Muzaka. He can pretty easily lock bosses out of their best attacks entirely, sometimes ALL their non-basic attacks, while the rest of your party is free to wreck them with little fear.

Basically what I'm saying is, if you're willing to go dolphin tier, 70 bucks on the Raizel package, especially if you're not gonna be able to unlock him normally, is about the best money you could spend on the game at the moment.

I broke down and bought it. :negative:

What skill should I focus amping on him? His 3?

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Hey guys, the never-ending stream off questions continues.

With the addition of raids, what's it looking like for priority for blue gene heroes? Alex has a stun, zero allows water walking in that one stage, etc.

I spent my first batch on shu shu but feel like I kinda got burned there so I'm being more careful this time.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hey guys, the never-ending stream off questions continues.

With the addition of raids, what's it looking like for priority for blue gene heroes? Alex has a stun, zero allows water walking in that one stage, etc.

I spent my first batch on shu shu but feel like I kinda got burned there so I'm being more careful this time.

If you can last for 2 months, unlock Alex and get his genes again. With 670 genes, I managed to get Alex's skills up to 3-5-8-1 which is enough for him be used in regular PvE areas.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Don't regret putting points into Shu-Shu. She is a very survivable Rock healer that gives bonuses to movement.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I broke down and bought it. :negative:

What skill should I focus amping on him? His 3?

I'd go with his passive and second skill. His second skill's more spammable, has a great area for his attack power, and burns MP, and his passive is both a fantastic attack boost and resistance to status effects.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
What time zone does the energy flask key off of? Local time, or some other time?

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

No idea as its always noon and 6 for me here as a SoCal goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Apparently it's at your local time zone, since it was at noon and 6 today for me too.

• Locked thread