Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

If your favorite part of basketball isn't dunks and blocks then you're not a real fan and you need to go watch baseball or something. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If your favorite part of basketball isn't dunks and blocks then you're not a real fan and you need to go watch baseball or something. :colbert:

My favorite part of basketball is when someone thinks they have a free bucket then get blocked out of nowhere

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

My favorite part of basketball is when someone thinks they have a free bucket then get blocked out of nowhere

i.e. the "Tayshaun".

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Redgrendel2001 posted:

i.e. the "Tayshaun".

Nah I think it's called the "Iggy" now. Gotta keep the name relevant with the times for the kids.

Apparently ESPN Sports Science did a thing about the block and said he reached a speed of 20.1 MPH :stare:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My favorite part is chase down blocks in the 4rth quarter of finals game 7 against the man who stole your finals mvp with the game in the balance in a feat of athletic supremacy that shook all.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

Missed fast break layups own too

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Seeing a defender get his feet set and maintaining verticality is the most exciting thing about basketball.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BREAKING NEWS:

Rumor: Young dumped Iggy Azalea for pregnant baby mama
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/rumor_nick_young_dumped_iggy_azalea_for_baby_mama_who_is_pregnant_again/s1_127_21166381

The changing shape of Khloe Kardashian's derriere: As curvy star displays a much bigger behind, experts say it ISN'T down to surgery and reveal how you can get the look
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...eveal-look.html

Might President Obama choose to become minority owner of Kings?
http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/might-president-obama-choose-become-minority-owner-kings

Shear Modulus posted:

Maybe KD wants to help buttress Lebron's status as the GOAT by letting him repeat against a Curry/Durant/Thompson/Green superteam. That's nice of him.

Maybe the Warriors can sign Dirk too so Lebron can even up his all-time finals series against him.

I wonder if LBJ has the killer instinct to go to the finals for seven straight years.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Bellinelli to Charlotte for the #22.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Goondolences WhyteRyce

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
This seems like a decent deal.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Redgrendel2001 posted:

:effort:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HAHAHAHAHAH gently caress YES GOOD BYE rear end in a top hat

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I think my favorite part of the NBA is twitter

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Interesting since earlier in the day, they were talking about using the 22 to help dump salary.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

HAHAHAHAHAH gently caress YES GOOD BYE rear end in a top hat

So I guess I shouldn't be happy about this

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Interesting since earlier in the day, they were talking about using the 22 to help dump salary.

I noticed this too. I guess the rumors of GMs treating the teens and early 20s like the plague are true.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Thad Young is worth the 20. Marco Bellinelli is worth the 22. This does not jive with me.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah this tweet sums it up pretty well

https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/746116622344036352

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

So I guess I shouldn't be happy about this

If you get the Marco from year 1 from the Spurs it's pretty good. You get the Marco from last year, a sharpshooter that couldn't shoot, then yeah don't be happy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Marco was good on the spurs and bulls, only bad on the kings fyi

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Great journalism right here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
gently caress Marco Belinelli

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Yeah, assuming he hits anywhere near his career averages and last year wasn't a bellwether I'm ok with it. Probably better than anyone they were going to grab at 22, in any case.

I guess this means they're saying goodbye to Courtney Lee, though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

Marco was good on the spurs and bulls, only bad on the kings fyi

Year 2 with the Spurs wasn't that good and he played in GS and NO as well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bellenelli for a 1 is unfathomable

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

Yeah, assuming he hits anywhere near his career averages and last year wasn't a bellwether I'm ok with it. Probably better than anyone they were going to grab at 22, in any case.

If you can get Valentine at #22 then it's pretty bad. Both are poo poo defenders but one is on a rookie deal

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

WhyteRyce posted:

Year 2 with the Spurs wasn't that good and he played in GS and NO as well

Every year he's been a good to really good 3-point shooter except in sacromento

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

morestuff posted:

He shot above 40% from 3 all of twice in his career. He's a good 3pt shooter but he's not lights out and if you don't reign him in he will take a LOT of dumb shots. Close out hard on him and watch him do dumb things off the dribble

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

dokmo posted:

I was an early proponent of both Ibaka and Anthony Davis being totally overrated based on highlight reel blocks, because I hate fun.

Check out this highschool mixtape:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z-x05PoOpk
Look at those blocks! He'll be a great defender for sure lol

dokmo posted:

Seeing a defender get his feet set and maintaining verticality is the most exciting thing about basketball.

ughh I love me a good strong closeout where they stay in front

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

key word is tried...right?
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/746120416142434305

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Thanks for Boogie :v:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vlade going to work
https://twitter.com/DeuceMason/status/746117215087321088

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Woj said OKC was nowhere near trading Ibaka. Good on ya, Presti--keep those miserable grubby mitts off our boy

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 24, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/746122159651758080

:allears:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I am excited to see who the cool teams The Bucks and Timberwolves draft. I am also excited for the best 2k myGM team The Philadelphia 76ers to hopefully not gently caress it up. Trust the process, my friends.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Well you have to remember that all ex-Spur rotation players get a big evaluation bonus for several years.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Nah I think it's called the "Iggy" now. Gotta keep the name relevant with the times for the kids.

Apparently ESPN Sports Science did a thing about the block and said he reached a speed of 20.1 MPH :stare:

wait is that his top speed or his average top speed?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Well you forget that all ex-Spur rotation players get a big evaluation bonud for several years.

wait is that his top speed or his average top speed?

That's the speed he reached when he blocked the life of iggy, after having played for 40 minutes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

Woj said OKC was nowhere near trading Ibaka. Good on ya, Presti--keep those miserable grubby mitts of our boy

Thank every God that is worshipped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

dokmo posted:

Hello, Roy Hibbert.

• Locked thread